Sharm
Birthday:
Dec 15, 1978 (Age: 40)

Share This Page

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist, Female, 40, from USA

Veteran

I really, really like my new meds. It's amazing how solving a small underlying problem can help so many others that didn't seem related. May 23, 2019

1. Sharm
      Sharm
      I could make an entire tileset of just vines so easily. There are just too many potentially useful options.
      1. Tea's Jams likes this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. Sharm
        Sharm
        Hmm. Maybe after I get this base set finished then, and add a few other jungle type things to round it out a bit.
        Jul 1, 2017
      4. trevers18
        trevers18
        Just do a full tileset but make everything out of vines. Houses, windows, wells, paths, water. Hell, even make some vine people. Go the whole extra mile. Someone might use it well.
        Jul 6, 2017
      5. Sharm
        Sharm
        That would get boring to make so quickly. ^_^;
        Jul 6, 2017
        trevers18 likes this.
    2. Sharm
      Sharm
      Just got a new case for my tiny pc. Could someone convince me that not to spend $40 on a foldable full size keyboard to go with it?
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Tea's Jams
        Tea's Jams
        Well sorry, but if you can afford a 719,623 dollar tiny computer, I would say quit hemming and hawing over $40 anyway! :p ;)
        Jun 30, 2017
        Shaz and fiddlesticks like this.
      3. Sharm
        Sharm
        LOL. Spend money like a billionaire! (AKA barely spend at all and avoid shopping.)
        Jul 1, 2017
        Tea's Jams and fiddlesticks like this.
      4. taarna23
        taarna23
        I just buy too many jewelry supplies and continue to look for places to sell my resulting shiny things. x_x ...but I like going into dragon mode when new things arrive.
        Jul 1, 2017
        fiddlesticks and Sharm like this.
    3. Sharm
      Sharm
      Finally convinced my Dad to see a doctor because he's been walking funny. Next thing I know he's getting neurosurgery. Today has been hard.
      1. fiddlesticks likes this.
      3. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        Oh... I was in my prayer book already; I will add your dad to my list Sharm! I wish him the VERY best!
        Jun 1, 2017
        Sharm likes this.
      4. Sharm
        Sharm
        Update. Surgery was successful and he's doing extremely well. I have good hopes that he'll make a full recovery.
        Jun 2, 2017
        GolfHacker and Marquise* like this.
      5. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        *cybermental hugs* YAY! May he get well!
        Jun 3, 2017
    4. Sharm
      Sharm
      I can't decide if I want to participate in a medical study. They'll be requiring me to do something that will make me sick for a week.
      2. Guiguimu
        Guiguimu
        Helping others is a great thing to do, specially when we are talking about not very known diseases. If it can help improve others lives, even if it is just by creating better ways for the patients being diagnosed, it's a good thing. But if you don't feel comfortable in participating, don't do it, really.
        May 29, 2017
        Susan likes this.
      3. Guiguimu
        Guiguimu
        You are the one that knows what's best for you, and whatever is your decision, make sure you will not regret it. You have our opinion, but what's the opinion of those closest to you?(if I may ask, if I don't, take those into consider more, because those are the ones who can support you the most)
        May 29, 2017
        Susan likes this.
      4. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        *cybermental hugs* to whatever you decide Sharm. Don't hurt yourself but if you think it will not only help you but many more, I'm all heart with you and... well you'll be my second addendum to my prayers tonight!
        Jun 1, 2017
    5. Sharm
      Sharm
      Could someone help me find a 2k/3 game with default tiles and good maps where I can access the project files? Doesn't have to be finished.
      1. Sharm
        Sharm
        I'm asking because have a tileset I'm wanting to test out with things mapped to a similar spot as the defaults. I have no intention of doing anything else with the project files so a game someone would otherwise want kept private would be fine too.
        May 23, 2017
        Marquise* likes this.
      2. JosephSeraph
        JosephSeraph
        Epic Elf has pretty charmy maps imo, its one of my favorite RM games ever
        https://rpgmaker.net/games/3766/images/

otherwise, lots of stuff by liberty and just filtering for rm2k3 games with downloads should net you a fine list you can use to search, especially since project encryption isn't common with 2k3 games.
        May 23, 2017
        Sharm likes this.
      3. Sharm
        Sharm
        It's not? I had no idea! That's going to make things much easier. Thank you for the recommendation.
        May 23, 2017
    6. Sharm
      Sharm
      RPG Limit Break isn't as interesting or big as the GDQ events but it's dearer to my heart.
      1. taarna23
        taarna23
        Waiting for July~!
        May 19, 2017
      2. CleanWater
        CleanWater
        What is GDQ? o_O
        May 19, 2017
      3. Sharm
        Sharm
        Games Done Quick. They have a summer and a winter event. RPG Limit Break is similar but only does RPG's.
        May 19, 2017
        CleanWater likes this.
    7. Sharm
      Sharm
      Spent the day remapping the entire LoZ overworld in MV to test out my tileset. Is that an accomplishment or a complete waste of time?
      2. Sharm
        Sharm
        Hmm. I suppose it's worth a try. I'm working on doing the dungeons today. :D
        May 13, 2017
        DragonVine and nio kasgami like this.
      3. Caitlin
        Caitlin
        (o_o') I, once, mapped one of the Dragon Quests with the Samurai tiles just for the heck of it... (._.') Yeah....So, if you ever figured out if it was an accomplishment or a complete waste of time, please let me know. I haven't figured that out myself.
        Jul 1, 2017
      4. Sharm
        Sharm
        It's been a fun way to show off my work to family and friends at least.
        Jul 1, 2017
        Caitlin likes this.
    8. Sharm
      Sharm
      Been sleep deprived for days and the only thing I can focus on is working on my tileset. It makes no sense but hey, I'm getting work done!
      1. Gabrelik and Marsigne like this.
      3. Gabrelik
        Gabrelik
        I'm sure the end result will be worth it. It's a labor of love! :)
        May 11, 2017
      4. Sharm
        Sharm
        Or insanity. Yeah, most likely a labor of insanity. ;)
        May 11, 2017
        Titris Thrawns, Gabrelik and RetroBoy like this.
      5. Celianna
        Celianna
        The best kind of sleep deprivation! I'm at my most creative and productive when it's time to sleep.
        May 11, 2017
        Titris Thrawns likes this.
    9. nio kasgami
      1. Pine Towers and Varon1999 like this.
      2. HexMozart88
        HexMozart88
        OwwO Hex approves. Hex also needs to learn how to draw faster. =='
        May 7, 2017
      3. Sharm
        Sharm
        Woot!
        May 7, 2017
      4. Pine Towers
        Pine Towers
        T is both for Therese and Thick. Loved it.
        May 7, 2017
    10. nio kasgami
      nio kasgami
      AH Sharm! long time no see ;w;! I am finally back! with a drawing skill faster too <3 so how are you? for myself I am fine ready to work some stuff for MV : D!
      1. Sharm
        Sharm
        WB! That's awesome to hear, I'm so glad college is helping you. I've been working hard on pixels, got a lot of pretty new little things. Someday I will be done. I look forward to seeing your new stuff!
        May 4, 2017
        Marquise* and nio kasgami like this.
      2. nio kasgami
        nio kasgami
        thanks! I am looking forward too! Well I was thinking to draw more actual asset and probably code some nice plugins! and I bet you it's working on some nice tileset pack :p?
        May 4, 2017
        Marquise* likes this.
      3. Sharm
        Sharm
        Yep. Same pack I've been working on for a while. It's big.
        May 4, 2017
        Marquise* and nio kasgami like this.
    11. Sharm
      Sharm
      Dragon Quest 3 for the SFC is gorgeous! Why did I not know this before?
      1. The Mighty Palm and mogwai like this.
      2. The Mighty Palm
        The Mighty Palm
        I didn't know either... thanks for the knowledge
        May 2, 2017
      3. Farr
        Farr
        All Dragon Quests for the Snes are beautiful. The trilogy IV, V and VI are really good.
        May 2, 2017
    12. Sharm
      Sharm
      Would you mind if a tileset pack had some overlap of the same tiles with another pack? It wouldn't be much overlap, but it'd be necessary.
      1. Hollow 1977 likes this.
      3. Sharm
        Sharm
        Yeah, spinning it as a feature is a must. ;)
        Apr 28, 2017
        Pine Towers likes this.
      4. Hollow 1977
        Hollow 1977
        As long as it looked good.
        May 1, 2017
      5. Sharm
        Sharm
        Always. I'm all about pretty pixels.
        May 1, 2017
    13. Sharm
      Sharm
      I've done so much art, how am I not done?! Ironic, it was a goof off project and become more work than my main one ever was.
      1. Hudell likes this.
      3. Sharm
        Sharm
        Feature bloat always gets me in the end, no matter how vigilant I am.
        Apr 28, 2017
      4. IAmJakeSauvage
        IAmJakeSauvage
        Same, though. And usually my "side projects" are experimental and then I get lost in an ENDLESS SPIRAL OF EXPERIMENTING AND INSPIRATION.
        Apr 28, 2017
      5. Arcmagik
        Arcmagik
        I've been very good with this last build. I sat down to focus strictly on mapping so I haven't added a single feature yet! Lol
        Apr 28, 2017
    14. Sharm
      Sharm
      Okay, I've re-backed everything up in two locations and shut down and unplugged my computer. It did not explode and the art should be safe.
      2. The Mighty Palm
        The Mighty Palm
        Hang in there ;u;
        Apr 21, 2017
      3. Sharm
        Sharm
        Thanks. I'm doing alright, I didn't lose any data and that's way more important to me.
        Apr 21, 2017
      4. Sharm
        Sharm
        To be honest I'm really quite terrified of losing the tilesets I've been working so hard on before they go live.
        Apr 21, 2017
    15. Sharm
      Sharm
      I think my computer is trying to explode.
      2. Dalph
        Dalph
        No choice but to call them then. Good luck!
        Apr 20, 2017
        Susan likes this.
      3. Trihan
        Trihan
        On the plus side, as long as it's *trying* to explode, it is not yet *succeeding*.
        Apr 20, 2017
      4. Sharm
        Sharm
        Yep. Although if it had succeeded that fire that I'm joking about would be real.
        Apr 20, 2017
    16. Sharm
      Sharm
      There's a special kind of stress watching the rain streaming down the inside of the window behind the computer.
      2. Sharm
        Sharm
        Luckily a bit of caulk on the outside should fix it, but you can't exactly do that while it's raining.
        Apr 19, 2017
      3. IAmJakeSauvage
        Apr 19, 2017
      4. KayZaman
        KayZaman
        Replace it to the safe place, @Sharm . Better fix than never.
        Apr 19, 2017
    17. Sharm
      Sharm
      It's interesting when you create a thread that could fit in many places. I think I've got the right spot, just hope it won't be missed.
      1. Guiguimu, mlogan and Dungeonmind like this.
    18. Celianna
      Celianna
      1. Sharm likes this.
    19. Sharm
      Sharm
      I'm attempting to put some of my tiles into 2k3. It's interesting seeing what hasn't changed and what is vastly different in new versions.
      1. HexMozart88
        HexMozart88
        I may get 2k3 at some point, because I want to see if I have enough skill to make an entire game purely out of events.
        Apr 5, 2017
      2. PixelHeart
        PixelHeart
        Sometimes limitations are good!
        Apr 5, 2017
      3. Sharm
        Sharm
        Yep! That's kind of my reasoning for doing this. I've been getting overwhelmed by what still needs to get done with this set, and working on it as if it were for 2k3 is helping. 4-5 sheets is so much easier to wrap my head around than 20-36.
        Apr 5, 2017
        PixelHeart likes this.
    20. Reapergurl
      Reapergurl
      I am curious, who made illustrated your avatar bust?
      2. Dalph
        Dalph
        Mar 28, 2017
        Susan, Marsigne and mlogan like this.
      3. Reapergurl
        Reapergurl
        And I don't celebrate OR observe Christmas! Yay! Happy Yule, one and all! lol
        Mar 28, 2017
      4. Sharm
        Sharm
        I think Archeia's the only mod that does change her avatar often.
        Mar 28, 2017
        Marsigne and Reapergurl like this.
  • About

Birthday:
    Dec 15, 1978 (Age: 40)
    First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I got my start doing commissions for indie gaming projects and eventually found my way here. While I no longer do commissions, I really love to make pixel art and love seeing my artwork move and be interacted with. I'm currently busy making the Pixel Myth packs and loving every minute of it. I'd like to someday make a game that incorporates elements of RPG, VN and Point and Click Adventure games in a way that it's none of those genres but something different. I also enjoy writing and crafting (usually crochet).

Signature

[​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]