Sharm
Birthday:
Dec 15, 1978 (Age: 40)

Share This Page

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist, Female, 40, from USA

Veteran

I really, really like my new meds. It's amazing how solving a small underlying problem can help so many others that didn't seem related. May 23, 2019

1. Sharm
      Sharm
      Disagreed with someone, researched and thought about it, changed my mind, came back to tell them I had and found I'd been blocked. Ouch.
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Celianna
        Celianna
        That's unfortunate, perhaps you can try and reach out to them when things have cooled down. I've had someone block me as well due to something I said, but I think in a while he'll add me back when he's cooled down and you can talk things out.
        Mar 28, 2017
        Reapergurl likes this.
      3. Sharm
        Sharm
        This was our only interaction so it's doubtful. The internet is so funny that way.
        Mar 28, 2017
        Reapergurl likes this.
      4. Celianna
        Celianna
        Ah, if this is just some stranger that you argued with, then live and let live - move on. Stuff happens!
        Mar 28, 2017
        Reapergurl and Marsigne like this.
    2. Sharm
      Sharm
      I know being a morning person is rare but I wish people would stop trying to call or text me after midnight.
      2. Sharm
        Sharm
        Sometimes he'd get drunken texts from the girl they were with too. Then he'd get mad because these guys were handing out his number to people who were strangers to him.
        Mar 23, 2017
      3. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        LOL! Random texts from girls he's never met. Bet some of those were dirty. :D
        Mar 23, 2017
        Marsigne likes this.
      4. Sharm
        Sharm
        If they were he'd never tell me. He's protective of me like that. But knowing the people that were messaging? Most likely.
        Mar 23, 2017
        The Stranger likes this.
    3. Lantiz
      Lantiz
      Hey, I don't know if you got a notification or mail about your inbox... just to make sure [:
      1. Marquise* likes this.
      2. Sharm
        Sharm
        I did. I was planning on responding when I gave it a try. Really not a programmer and I can't actually do much in RM so my reactions won't be helpful though.
        Feb 25, 2017
      3. Lantiz
        Lantiz
        Oh it's fine, I just wasn't sure if you did see message.
        Feb 25, 2017
    4. Celianna
      Celianna
      1. Guiguimu likes this.
      2. Sharm
        Sharm
        Yeah! Oh, download time is going to be long. I'll have to get back to you later on that feedback, especially since my weekends are always busy.
        Feb 25, 2017
    5. Sharm
      Sharm
      Aaaaah. Did a bit of writing today and suddenly the world feels like a better place. I had no idea that I needed it so badly.
      2. Sharm
        Sharm
        @Trihan Hah, yeah, that would be quite the trick. Nah, I never count this kind of stuff. Only the creative writing.

@Hollow 1977 A few character exploration scenes for a story called "Catch a Shooting Star."
        Feb 22, 2017
        Hollow 1977 likes this.
      3. Hollow 1977
        Hollow 1977
        Nice. I enjoy writing because I can imagine in my head what is going on while I write it.
        Feb 24, 2017
      4. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        Pamper yourself Sharm! You deserve it. (Sorry for the lateness, I just discovered today that I didn't received most status alerts in my alert box.)
        Mar 1, 2017
    6. Sharm
      Sharm
      The idea that a good artist shouldn't use references is the most damaging myth I've ever seen. Good artists use lots of references.
      2. Celianna
        Celianna
        I used to think like this; why would you look at a reference picture if you're an artist? That's cheating, and you should be able to draw from your mind.

I was sheep at drawing back then. Doing much better now. References are our library of experience that we study from so we understand what we're drawing.
        Feb 21, 2017
        taarna23 likes this.
      3. Sharm
        Sharm
        I did too. I used to think that not needing references was like some sort of graduation thing. That once I knew my stuff I wasn't supposed to need it anymore. Like how we were supposed to memorize things in school so we could do without a book on a test. But the real world lets you look at your book and doesn't expect you to memorize everything.
        Feb 21, 2017
        taarna23 likes this.
      4. Sharm
        Sharm
        I got loads better at drawing once I realized just how stupid trying to do without references was. Now if I'm having a hard time with something my FIRST thought is to pull up a reference, and it's usually the solution.
        Feb 21, 2017
    7. nio kasgami
      nio kasgami
      I feel we don't speak much recently :( I should be more active lol
      2. nio kasgami
        nio kasgami
        Feb 20, 2017
        Sharm likes this.
      3. Sharm
        Sharm
        Freedom! If you're like most people you're not going to know what to do with yourself, and then when you've got it figured out you'll be used to lazing about and won't want to do it.
        Feb 20, 2017
        nio kasgami likes this.
      4. nio kasgami
        nio kasgami
        hahahaha XD yes I would be probably like : when school rebegin?
        Feb 20, 2017
    8. Sharm
      Sharm
      Woah, I won something from the AGDQ raffle. Didn't think that was possible with how many people donate!
      2. Ms Littlefish
        Ms Littlefish
        That's awesome! I bet they'll be absolutely cherished. AGDQ is a ritual in my house.
        Feb 18, 2017
      3. Sharm
        Sharm
        Yeah, I have it running 24/7 at my place when it's on, and my friends and family don't get it. But I love it.
        Feb 18, 2017
      4. Ms Littlefish
        Ms Littlefish
        Same here. It will end up being the only thing we watch for the entire week. XD
        Feb 18, 2017
    9. Sharm
      Sharm
      Had a craving for cake. Mom, without knowing this, comes to visit bringing me a small cake for Valentine's. I adore my family.
      1. Ms Littlefish, mlogan and Reapergurl like this.
      2. Reapergurl
        Reapergurl
        Hooray! Yummy yay for cake!
        Feb 15, 2017
    10. Sharm
      Sharm
      Sang in church choir for the first time in ages, damaged my vocal chords. Oops. Trying not to talk is surprisingly hard.
      2. Sharm
        Sharm
        I have a friend in church who can only sign and I barely know any signs, we communicate through pointing and hugs. Though I doubt there would be much more conversation to be had if I did know sign, she's severely mentally disabled. She's the real reason I'm considering learning. Plus I just want to know a different language, all these poly-linguals in the forums make me feel inadequate for only knowing one.
        Feb 7, 2017
        Marquise* likes this.
      3. Sharm
        Sharm
        Ow. I keep accidentally talking, even when there's no one to talk to.
        Feb 7, 2017
        Marquise* likes this.
      4. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        Maybe it is vital to you but you needed to realize just how much! Also, might also be a treasure that you also might decide one day to use that communication for increased crucial messaging. :D
        Feb 7, 2017
    11. Sharm
      Sharm
      My keyboard is busted. Won't turn on. :(
      2. Sharm
        Sharm
        With the onscreen keyboard? I think so, but I only have English and Japanese loaded. I could type in Japanese, but that doesn't require an alternate layout.
        Feb 5, 2017
        Marquise* likes this.
      3. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        Cool! Me I am mixing where some signs and punctuation are from switching French to English all time!
        Feb 6, 2017
      4. Sharm
        Sharm
        That would be very confusing.
        Feb 6, 2017
    12. Sharm
      Sharm
      I always forget how often I visit this place until after something happens to prevent my access to it.
      1. Marquise*, Archeia and mlogan like this.
      2. PixelHeart
        PixelHeart
        I was checking like every 15-20 minutes X__X ...
        Feb 3, 2017
        Marquise* likes this.
      3. Sharm
        Sharm
        Yeah, I was refreshing pretty obsessively myself. And I was so sure I wouldn't even miss it.
        Feb 3, 2017
        Marquise* likes this.
      4. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        At least, I was warned this time. :p Thanks to me watching a dev in last iteration of here! But it is true that I decided to just... wait another 24hours when I saw the front post with Eric fighting the bug!
        Feb 5, 2017
    13. Sharm
      Sharm
      I'm glad I don't have my old monitor anymore, or I wouldn't be able to see half the screenshots on this forum.  They'd be completely black.
      1. 4 people like this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. Sharm
        Sharm
        I'm poking fun at how dark some people like to make their games.  You know the default palette in photoshop?  How it has two rows of greys from black to white?  On my old monitor two thirds of the first row from black to medium grey looked exactly the same.  It was pretty dark.
        Jan 16, 2017
        3 people like this.
      4. Reapergurl
        Reapergurl
        lol

I once used a twenty-inch HD TV for a monitor.

Unfortunately, it got stolen, along with my (at the time) girlfriend's Xbox 360 and her botting tech.
        Jan 16, 2017
      5. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        I miss the less eye running non-panoramic style.  The new trend makes my favorite games looks like everyone are over-weighted dwarves!
        Jan 18, 2017
        1 person likes this.
    14. Sharm
      Sharm
      Aw man.  Can't watch most of AGDQ today.  Curse my inability to handle 3D.
      1. 1 person likes this.
      3. Reapergurl
        Reapergurl
        @taarna23 Ha ha ha...looks just like it though...
        Jan 11, 2017
      4. taarna23
        taarna23
        @Sharm Mario runs up next! 3D stuff done for now.
        Jan 11, 2017
      5. Sharm
        Sharm
        Yep!  Got the stream running again in eager anticipation!
        Jan 11, 2017
        2 people like this.
    15. Sharm
      Sharm
      Pyxel Edit is on Humble Bundle.  If you don't have this and have even the slightest inclination to make pixel tiles, you will want this software.
      1. 7 people like this.
      3. Sharm
        Sharm
        Jan 10, 2017
        1 person likes this.
      4. Reapergurl
        Reapergurl
        @Sharm I'd totally buy it if I hadn't completely wiped out my PayPal account.

(I buy my Hormone Replacement Therapy on Transgender Pharmacy and though it is less expensive, it isn't the cheapest-I bought a year's worth and am completely broke now)
        Jan 10, 2017
      5. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        Thank-you my mystery gifter!  I wanna try it now this will speed my second Dragon if... if... Corvo holds up!
        Jan 18, 2017
        1 person likes this.
    16. nio kasgami
      nio kasgami
      Bought a new tablet...and this awesome! 

http://i.imgur.com/iYq9UJ0.jpg
      2. nio kasgami
        nio kasgami
        REALLY! the pressure is really nice and I feel I work really fast with it xD

Also it's only cost like 600$ I really advise you this one : D
        Jan 6, 2017
      3. Sharm
        Sharm
        I'm good.  My tablet is still pretty new and was top of the line when I got it.  I'm using this thing until it fails. :D
        Jan 6, 2017
        1 person likes this.
      4. nio kasgami
        nio kasgami
        okay xD but I can sure say that I'm enjoying it a lots!

It's expecially a good one it's tends to lost the "screen" setting when the computer close (likes it's changings that the laptop is the mains screen) but it's easy you just go in the interface and change it that it's the screen tablet :)  
        Jan 6, 2017
        1 person likes this.
    17. Sharm
      Sharm
      I bought my GPD Win with the intention of using it for work.  Oddly enough, I've actually been doing that more than anything else, including playing games (which is what the device was actually intended for).  Go me!
      1. 3 people like this.
      3. Sharm
        Sharm
        It was a bit easier for me to justify since I'm using it for work.  If I had just wanted it to play with I wouldn't have spent the money on it.  As it was I was debating for weeks.
        Jan 4, 2017
        3 people like this.
      4. Hollow 1977
        Hollow 1977
        Sounds like a perfect fit.
        Jan 4, 2017
      5. Reapergurl
        Reapergurl
        Sounds really cool.
        Jan 4, 2017
    18. Sharm
      Sharm
      I am finally warm!  I'm never coming out of these blankets again!
      1. 6 people like this.
      3. Hollow 1977
        Hollow 1977
        Florida's not so bad. Winters here are pretty mild compared to other areas but summers are where if you do not have ac in your house and car you are in trouble. But I was born here so I am biassed.

Glad you are feeling better Sharm.
        Dec 23, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      4. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        On time for the Holidays.  Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Sharm.
        Dec 25, 2016
      5. Reapergurl
        Reapergurl
        Dec 25, 2016
    19. Sharm
      Sharm
      I seem to have given myself hypothermia.  Ooops! *snuggles under blankets with heating pads and warm liquids*
      1. 1 person likes this.
      3. Hollow 1977
        Hollow 1977
        I hope you feel better soon Sharm :) . I just got my flu shot hope it will block a few viruses.
        Dec 23, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      4. Sharm
        Sharm
        TY
        Dec 23, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      5. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        *eyes the status*  Ready for Christmas party?
        Dec 25, 2016
    20. Celianna
      Celianna
      Happy birthday Sharm! Enjoy your day :D
      1. 1 person likes this.
      3. djDarkX
        djDarkX
        O:

Happy Birthday Sharm!  I know it's been a while since we've spoken, but I hope you're doing well and that you've had a great birthday today! :D
        Dec 16, 2016
      4. mlogan
        mlogan
        Happy birthday!!
        Dec 16, 2016
      5. Sharm
        Sharm
        TY everyone!

@Celianna  I love it a lot so far.  I haven't done much with it yet because I spend nearly the whole day just getting it set up, but so far it's been fantastic.  Just tried drawing with it.  Using the keyboard will take a little getting used to because it's so small, but as long as I've got my mouse it works great for pixel art.  I tried briefly to pixel a bit with the controller in mouse mode, but it was NOT going to work for anything but emergencies.  They joysticks just aren't that precise.  Or I'm not that good at joysticks. :D   The mouse mode works really great for everything else though.  Playing games with it is great fun.  Not quite as comfortable to use for gaming as the GPD XD, since there's a keyboard in the way, but it's really good and not too high a price to pay for the expanded usability.  Also, keyboards are nice for a lot of PC games.  I need to put a few more RM games on it, because how cool is that?
        Dec 16, 2016
  • About

Birthday:
    Dec 15, 1978 (Age: 40)
    First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I got my start doing commissions for indie gaming projects and eventually found my way here. While I no longer do commissions, I really love to make pixel art and love seeing my artwork move and be interacted with. I'm currently busy making the Pixel Myth packs and loving every minute of it. I'd like to someday make a game that incorporates elements of RPG, VN and Point and Click Adventure games in a way that it's none of those genres but something different. I also enjoy writing and crafting (usually crochet).

Signature

[​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]