Sharm
Birthday:
Dec 15, 1978 (Age: 40)

Share This Page

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist, Female, 40, from USA

Veteran

I really, really like my new meds. It's amazing how solving a small underlying problem can help so many others that didn't seem related. May 23, 2019

1. Sharm
      Sharm
      I hope today is a good birthday.  All I have planned at the moment is chores.
      1. 4 people like this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. Sharm
        Dec 17, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      4. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        Well it does good now and give me something to do while relaxing my ruined eyes and fingertips! :D  
        Dec 18, 2016
      5. Sharm
        Sharm
        I'm glad.  It's important to keep invested in your life even when recovering. :D
        Dec 18, 2016
        1 person likes this.
    2. nio kasgami
      nio kasgami
      http://i.imgur.com/wjU02Fi.jpg o<-<

commercial grayscale shading for school semester project....sure taking time xD ( I do notice the errors I just don't have much time for work on them)
      1. 1 person likes this.
      2. Sharm
        Sharm
        Niiice.  It's been a bit since I've seen gargoyle artwork.
        Dec 9, 2016
        1 person likes this.
    3. Sharm
      Sharm
      I'll never get addicted to lortab because it makes me ill but right now I love it because the pain from my root canal is going away.  I have fibromyalgia.  I am always in pain.  This is unusual and wonderful.  Also I'm sick to my stomach and feeling disconnected but you can't have everything.  Procedure went very smoothly.  Thanks for the well wishes.
      1. 5 people like this.
      3. taarna23
        taarna23
        Yay for smoothly! Feel better soon!
        Dec 9, 2016
        2 people like this.
      4. Artificer
        Artificer
        Take it easy, have a nice and cheerful rest!
        Dec 9, 2016
        2 people like this.
      5. Hollow 1977
        Hollow 1977
        Good to know. :D
        Dec 14, 2016
    4. Sharm
      Sharm
      After finally managing to fall asleep some time after midnight, my body decided it was done at 3am.  I'm currently at an unexpected dentist appointment that was just scheduled yesterday.  If I end up getting anything done today, I'm counting it as a huge win.  To those hoping I'd stream today, I'm sorry.  Hopefully tomorrow will be less unexpectedly draining.
      1. 2 people like this.
      3. PixelHeart
        PixelHeart
        Aww :( sorry about your route canal. But yay, if you do manage to do a stream tomorrow i'll definitely watch, as i'll be off work X3 !  Hope you get to feeling better!
        Dec 7, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      4. taarna23
        taarna23
        Root canals used to be awful. They're still not great, but at least they no longer need to jam a metal pin into your jaw. From what my daughter tells me they use a flexible plastic piece that somewhat resembles the root that needed to be cleared away. Plus it's all done in one session now. The only one I've ever had was 2 hours, temporary filling, and 2 more hours a week later. Would not recommend, lol.

...that was also like 20 years ago. I would certainly hope dentistry has made developments.

Just be sure to tell them if it hurts when they're clearing out the root! They may choose not to do much numbing because the nerves in the tooth should be dead.
        Dec 7, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      5. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        Sleep well and regen well after.  :3
        Dec 7, 2016
    5. Ashouse
      Ashouse
      I read your blog about moving away from photoshop. There's a lot of good info there. I am familiar with most of the programs you mentioned, but one or two I'll have to look into. As far as adobe's subscription nonsence, I'm right there with you 100%. Instead of $5,000 once they want you to pay $80/month forever. Neither is really "good" lol. Still I'll use my copy of photoshop and Illustrator until I can't anymore. I've toyed with gimp and inkscape... It's just hard to make the switch. Lol
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Ashouse
        Ashouse
        Oh. Will have to scroll up. Lol
        Dec 2, 2016
      3. Ashouse
        Ashouse
        Hah, now that's funny. I wasnt showing any notifications! Lol okay.
        Dec 2, 2016
      4. Sharm
        Sharm
        It is funny. :D
        Dec 2, 2016
    6. Sharm
      Sharm
      Hah, spent all that time making a christmas tree and forgot to worry about scale.  Ooops.  Oh well, nothing wrong with a great big decorated tree as long as I make another normal sized one.
      1. 1 person likes this.
      3. Sharm
        Sharm
        :D   Yeah, still pretty.  And I know what I'm doing with it now, so maybe it'll go faster this time.
        Dec 2, 2016
        2 people like this.
      4. Vox Novus
        Vox Novus
        @Sharm Time to start on those tiny world mansion tiles then!  ;)
        Dec 2, 2016
      5. Sharm
        Sharm
        Hah.  Actually I think I may have that one covered.
        Dec 2, 2016
        2 people like this.
    7. Sharm
      Sharm
      Thinking of livestreaming some tileset creation in about an hour and a half.  Anyone want to convince me before I talk myself out of it?
      1. 1 person likes this.
      3. Sharm
        Sharm
        Going live in 10.  I hope.  
        Dec 2, 2016
        2 people like this.
      4. Hudell
        Hudell
        Watching silently during a boring meeting here.
        Dec 2, 2016
      5. Sharm
        Sharm
        Stream is done.  Thanks to those who came!
        Dec 2, 2016
        2 people like this.
    8. Sharm
      Sharm
      The song " Into the Thick of It" from Secret of Mana is perfect walking music.
      1. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        I shall give it a try :D
        Dec 1, 2016
    9. Sharm
      Sharm
      I'm determined to be healthier this winter.  I have a treadmill as of today, meaning I can keep up with walking now that I don't have to worry about weather.  Hopefully that will help.
      1. 4 people like this.
      3. Ms Littlefish
        Ms Littlefish
        I really want to get a treadmill or an elliptical in the house eventually. I do go to the gym many mornings but a lot of days I opt to just get a nice walk instead, but some days I don't feel awesome and can't get myself outdoors. And, winter's going to really suck this year. Those are moments where I know having something in the house would still motivate me to be active. I hope you have luck with it! 
        Nov 27, 2016
      4. Sharm
        Sharm
        Yeah, that's what I'm hoping, that having it in the house will help me get going instead of just staring out the window in horror at the cold that I just can't bring myself to face.
        Nov 27, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      5. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        That's good to take that resolution before the avalanches of sweet.  XD
        Nov 29, 2016
    10. Sharm
      Sharm
      I spend too much time trying to figure out exactly what to draw and not enough time doing it.  When I know what I'm drawing  it's so much faster, which is why taking an existing map and just making new graphics for it could be done in 24 hours.  http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y292/SharmClucas/Tiny%20World/zelda_zpsqxx7k84n.png

Now I've just gotta figure out how to apply this knowledge to help me get stuff done.
      1. 4 people like this.
      3. Sharm
        Sharm
        Got it in one!  Was it just the map or did I reference too heavily?
        Nov 24, 2016
      4. Vox Novus
        Vox Novus
        @Sharm It was pretty recognizable, that's what I would have guessed to. The ledge there has a very, Zelda styled look to.
        Nov 24, 2016
      5. PixelHeart
        PixelHeart
        lol, actually, ive been studying zeldas art too, so it was probably just easier for me, i dont know if i would have got it otherwise. But, that break in the barrier on the top of the hill looks alot like someplace link would jump off of. lol. I really like it :)
        Nov 24, 2016
    11. Sharm
      Sharm
      TMW you mention something is your favorite episode and you realise how creepy it sounds to someone who isn't a writer.
      1. 2 people like this.
      2. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        Ooooooooooooooooooh... yeah lot of explaining.  I had that moment with a critic reading my script and rolling on the floor reading the very first sentence of my very first scene in my very first episode and annoying me for the rest of the night with it instead of reading the rest.

May I signal that I was writing for an animated series then.
        Nov 20, 2016
      3. Hollow 1977
        Hollow 1977
        Yeah especially if they are not caught up on the series or know much about it.
        Nov 24, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      4. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        Well, medieval stories on another planet and, well so nobody makes a parallel with Earth, let say it is plain visible from the sky that we are not in Kansas anymore.  :p
        Nov 25, 2016
    12. Celianna
      Celianna
      http://imgur.com/a/2HjSI It doesn't look bad! The neat thing about it, is that I can scroll towards the side to show another room (so these three pictures are basically all tied together), instead of a fade to black situation.
      1. Sharm
        Sharm
        That's fantastic!  I think it'll work quite well.
        Nov 18, 2016
    13. nio kasgami
      nio kasgami
      hahah someone told me that one of my draw would be a good waifuu material xD

I got told this a really good compliment xD
      1. Sharm
        Sharm
        Yeah, it's gotta be.  Don't people only have one waifu?
        Nov 14, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      2. nio kasgami
        nio kasgami
        that's actually a good question when it's  about the animu world xD
        Nov 14, 2016
      3. HexMozart88
        HexMozart88
        No. You have one wife/husband, multiple senpais/waifus.  
        Nov 14, 2016
    14. Sharm
      Sharm
      Someone called me "kiddo" today, unironically too.  I'm 37, nearly 38.  I know I look young for my age but the days of someone mistaking me for a kid should be long behind me.
      1. 1 person likes this.
      3. Seacliff
        Seacliff
        When my mother was a middle school algebra teacher maybe seven or eight years ago, she was mistaken for a student by another teacher.

She's was in her mid-forties back then.
        Nov 13, 2016
      4. Sharm
        Sharm
        I think she has me beat then.  I don't think I could pass for a middle schooler no matter how bad at guessing ages the person was.
        Nov 13, 2016
      5. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        Apparently the actress portraying a little girl ghost in the toilets of Hogwarts in one of the Harry Potter movie was 37!  XD
        Nov 15, 2016
    15. Sharm
      Sharm
      Spent all morning updating the "Which graphic pack matches with which?" thread.  I wonder if anyone still uses it?
      1. 1 person likes this.
      3. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        Oh dear!  I should be pointed up that one.  I hate asset flipping!  Hey.  Thanks for letting us know.  (You have a link here?)
        Nov 9, 2016
      4. Sharm
        Nov 9, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      5. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        Nice... ack end of my 50s again :p  TYVM
        Nov 9, 2016
    16. Sharm
      Sharm
      I collect the strangest symptoms.  The number of times a doctor has said to me "I have no idea what that is, but you test negative for anything I can think of so you must be fine" is astounding.
      1. 2 people like this.
      3. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        Try to take some extra green days with your battery out of the cellphone more often, please!  It<s not because we can't see, measure or touch a thing that it doesn't exist.  :D  

It is like a mother's love!
        Nov 9, 2016
      4. Sharm
        Sharm
        I've had this illness longer than cellphones have existed, I'm positive that's not the problem.
        Nov 9, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      5. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        At least that part is reassuring.  Although urbanization made kinda unlikely someone dies from talking on the phone while there is an electrical storm.  If one peril is defused, we might wonder what that grid brought?
        Nov 9, 2016
    17. nio kasgami
      nio kasgami
      yup it's finally begin what we was speaking in celi stream! http://i.imgur.com/SrjlIXW.png
      1. 2 people like this.
    18. Sharm
      Sharm
      I re-read a book I wrote because I wanted to use some of the characters in a companion story for NaNoWriMo.  My memory had it being not very good and needing a huge rewrite but it's actually a lot better than I remembered.  I feel a lot more confident about starting this new book.
      1. 3 people like this.
      3. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        I just found some 2015 treads about it in the Search tool.  Mmmm... my English not so good but I should try or translate some of my material.
        Nov 3, 2016
      4. Sharm
        Sharm
        Nov 3, 2016
      5. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        TYVM I truly thought it was here.  Seems I just have Movember in my head... or on my face :p

Again I am at the end of my likes.  But, well maybe I should try for both French and our bridge language.

Funny how in the old days folks thought it would be Esperanza!
        Nov 3, 2016
    19. Sharm
      Sharm
      Sadly had to leave the gorgeous 80 degree weather and sunny beaches of Hawaii to come back home to the dreary grey skies and 60 degree weather of a typical October here at home.  Oooh well.  Hawaii was too expensive anyway, I have literally nothing in my bank account right now.
      1. 1 person likes this.
      3. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        I think it is a temperate people's thing I guess.  Our Quebecers here starts to be permanent wintery Florida fixture.  XD

Thank-you!
        Oct 29, 2016
      4. Sharm
        Sharm
        I could never live in Florida, everything is so flat and boring there!  I need variety.  I need mountains and autumn leaves.
        Oct 29, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      5. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        I understand... Besides; I have pearly skin and photosensitive eyes...  Not great for really sunny place.  Altought I do love oranges!
        Oct 29, 2016
    20. Marillmau5
      Marillmau5
      hey your pack from this download is down, well it downloads but the file is corrupted.

Can you reupload your tileset pack again, i know you have it up on open game art but you seem to have added more graphics to the Christmas pack.

heres the link:

sorry to bother you...
      1. Marillmau5
        Marillmau5
        welp never mind someone went and posted the mirror link. i would delete this whole comment if i could.

anyways great work!
        Oct 26, 2016
      2. Sharm
        Sharm
        Thanks!  Sorry I didn't reply, I was out of town.  I have more stuff in the Christmas pack?  I don't recall.  Maybe I should download it myself and make sure it's all updated everywhere.
        Oct 28, 2016
  • About

Birthday:
    Dec 15, 1978 (Age: 40)
    First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I got my start doing commissions for indie gaming projects and eventually found my way here. While I no longer do commissions, I really love to make pixel art and love seeing my artwork move and be interacted with. I'm currently busy making the Pixel Myth packs and loving every minute of it. I'd like to someday make a game that incorporates elements of RPG, VN and Point and Click Adventure games in a way that it's none of those genres but something different. I also enjoy writing and crafting (usually crochet).

Signature

[​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]