Sharm
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Awarded medals About

• Got permission to turn a tileset I'd been working on for a game into a store resource. Now to decide if I do it as a separate pack or just incorporate it into the one I'm working on.
    Scythuz
    Scythuz
    Are they consistent/do they meld well with each other?
    Sharm
    Sharm
    They have the same scale and use the same base but the color scheme is different.
    Scythuz
    Scythuz
    Hmm I can't really tell if that's enough to be consistent without seeing them to be honest. You could pm me a picture of both (if you're allowed of course) and then I might be able to help you better. It's up to you :)
    I found some fantastic references for scifi backgrounds last night. I am so tempted to pause working on my set to start a scifi one!
    Bonkers
    Bonkers
    It would a wonderful addition- get some really in depth tile sets like the current one you're working on. Sci fi needs the attention.
    Sketcy-Sketch
    Sketcy-Sketch
    lol. I know the feeling. There's another game I've thought about starting. But I'm so easily distracted that I'm afraid to. XD
    The writing conference was AWESOME! As always. Now to recover and try to absorb everything I learned.
    I've learned a lot about making tiles work properly in RM. Maybe I should write a tutorial once this set is finished.
    Dalph
    Dalph
    Do that and you'll have a fanboy. :D
    wildwes
    wildwes
    That is a wonderful idea.
    Bonkers
    Bonkers
    Sounds good to me. I really need something other than experiment, fail, repeat.
    A mouse moved into my place, which means I can't go back home until it's gone. I'm horribly allergic. Today is going to be difficult.
    Dalph
    Dalph
    oh...damn, all the animals then?
    Sharm
    Sharm
    I think reptiles and fish are fine. Not birds though. Yeah, it's pretty miserable, my genes are garbage. Not surprising though, my mom's line has a lot of royalty in it.
    Dalph
    Dalph
    Well, reptiles aren't exactly the perfect pets. XD

Sadly, there's nothing to do about that then...
    I feel I shouldn't need scripts to make a font made to look like pixels render properly.
    Sharm
    Sharm
    I'm looking into how hard it would be to learn enough ruby to make a sfont script.
    Arkecia
    Arkecia
    I know Victor Sant has a Sfonts script, and if you haven't before Mithran has a text cache script that can get rid of some of the irregularities of a custom font.
    T.Bit
    T.Bit
    You could use images instead of textboxes.
    Found out my face set base got saved merged. Even the backup.
    Quigon
    Quigon
    uggggh that's the worst thing.
    Sharm
    Sharm
    Could be worse. I've got a preview of some of it from showing it off for critique and it's pixel art so taking it apart is easier than it could be.
    Ever have those days where it seems like all your skills just ran away and left you to hanging? That is me today. Can't draw an autotile to save my life.
    Amysaurus
    Amysaurus
    I don't usually get spriter's block, but when I do I have it for months D:
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    I wish I could sprite. It would make some of my story easier to tell, ha ha.
    That Bread
    That Bread
    I've had days like that with sketching. It usually put me down in the dumps. Kinda funny how your good at it again after one day.
    Haha, I love you for making that topic. Truly.
    Sharm
    Sharm
    Heh, you're welcome. It seemed the thing to do. :)
    Celianna
    Celianna
    Most people hate 'em, but Touch likes them ... so :x
    Crediting someone for doing something for your game is not a favor, it's not optional, it's not a resume enhancer, and it's not a form of payment! So sick of this attitude.
    Shaz
    Shaz
    Yep - if someone contributes to your game, you credit them. There shouldn't be any doubt about whether or not to do it. "If you make ... for me, I'll credit you" is almost insulting, because they think they're doing you a favor and you should be grateful.
    Sharm
    Sharm
    My favorite is "If I use it, I'll give credit." As if I have to reach some standard before I'm credit worthy.
    Amysaurus
    Amysaurus
    Oooh - I hate when they say that! If someone is putting in the effort to make you any resource, they should be at the very least credited if not compensated. Whether it looks perfect or not, the artist's personal time and effort was still put into their work.
    I'm trying to convince myself that I don't need to make a pixel font to go with my pixel tiles. So far it's not working.
    Hehe, it's so much fun to see the cabinet drawers and doors open and shut.
    Sharm
    Sharm
    And now the stove lights up! I like making tiny animations.
    Bonkers
    Bonkers
    Yay! Functionality!~
    Dalph
    Dalph
    awesome, ahahah...
    Sometimes I think "I should learn how to write music" and then I think "Get back to work on those tiles, silly. You're actually good at those".
    Sharm
    Sharm
    Mood music at the moment. I don't know what you mean otherwise.
    Arin
    Arin
    He's asking if you prefer sheet music or directly hearing how music sounds.
    Sharm
    Sharm
    Both? I can read sheet music but I need to hear what I'm doing to write anything.
    I just realized I hadn't made a treasure chest for my tileset yet. So strange! Making boxes is one of my favorite things to do.
    Dalph
    Dalph
    I love creating Mimics and Treasure Chests with hateful traps.
    Finally fixed something I've been avoiding since mid October. I feel productive!
    Today has the absolutely perfect weather for building things out of snow! Good thing for me I have a four year old to share it with.
    I had a dream last night that the event was still going, only I had to run all of it and the presents all had to match the post they were placed in somehow.
    djDarkX
    djDarkX
    Welcome to being a Moderator here at RMW!
    Dalph
    Dalph
    At least Ralph wasn't in your dream! It's already a good thing.
    Sharm
    Sharm
    He was actually, but it was Oscar that was the problem, none of his posts were matchable to any of the presents, and I had to go running around the forums looking for them while worrying that I was running out of time to place the gift. . . .
    Hmm. It seems I got a forum level up. Should I be afraid?
    Arin
    Arin
    I've actually never heard of you so I probably shouldn't be scared of you, but....
    Sharm
    Sharm
    Hey! I happen to be a very nice dreaded beast. ;)
    djDarkX
    djDarkX
    Nice work on achieving Moderator Sharm! Well deserved!
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I always end up having issues with things i'd never expect.

Capture.PNG

Those friggin mountains man xD
Time for my daily walk/jog ''Literally starts raining while I open the door''
I just discovered there's a giant jellyfish in the Ace RTP. My day is made.
I'm pretty sure I submitted a username change like 4 months ago.
No offense but uh, still waiting for my name to be updated :/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zheyno