Sharm
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Awarded medals About

• Today is good! Did some exercise, didn't get too tired and now I'm making some pixel bookcases.
    Celianna
    Celianna
    Sounds like a super productive day :D
    Sharm
    Sharm
    More productive than I've been in a long time if you don't count days where I'm manic. It feels good!
    I got a fireplace in the mail today. :D
    Cadh20000
    Cadh20000
    That sounds... Odd... :p
    Sharm
    Sharm
    I know. :D It's a small electric one, just right for my studio apartment especially since I don't have access to the thermostat.
    Celianna
    Celianna
    Haha I was thinking an entire brick one, or one of those metal ones.

GRats on getting an electric one, stay warm! We use radiators here.
    I think I've hit the point in the project when I just want to be finished. Unfortunately I figure I have at least 2 full months of work left. Advice?
    djDarkX
    djDarkX
    Well, my statement still applies, game or not. Trust me on that...T_T
    Sharm
    Sharm
    Thanks everyone, I know what the problem is now. I just have to figure out how to get over crippling self doubt.
    djDarkX
    djDarkX
    It's...it's not easy. I know that very well. ._.
    If I get anything done today it'll be a miracle. :p
    NPC
    NPC
    I feel that, by posting a reply to this update, that I am accomplishing something. Hurrah. That's my productivity for the day. :)
    Trying to draw wallpaper is somewhat hindered by hating wallpaper.
    djDarkX
    djDarkX
    Don't think of it as drawing wallpaper, but rather painting your wall with abstract paint...if that makes any sense. lol
    Redeye
    Redeye
    Nothing makes sense on the internet.
    Debating buying XP during the sale so I can make sure the resources I'm making work in it.
    djDarkX
    djDarkX
    Well, was just saying. :p

I'll eventually get VX, but I can wait.
    Dalph
    Dalph
    VX is useless if you already have Ace. Xp however is the best for mapping.
    Shaz
    Shaz
    VX is necessary, even if you have Ace, if you want to use resources that are based on the VX RTP. You are buying it not to actually use it, but to have the rights to use its RTP in your game, as well as any other resources based on that RTP (like Celianna's tileset).
    I wish all pixel art was as fun and easy as making a floor tile.
    Cadh20000
    Cadh20000
    Not good, but easy to do though...
    Vexed
    Vexed
    You really should, cause what you do right is pretty damn awesome. What I've seen of your work has been consistently great! Acknowledge your faults so you can improve, but praise your achievements more. That's how I try to be anyway :]
    DancingDrake
    DancingDrake
    I love your work and agree with the others that what you do is really professional in quality. It is really hard as an artist though to see your work as it truly is sometimes as we seem to always look for the imperfections rather than what we got right.
    Something's wrong with me. I don't want to show off what I've been doing lately.
    Aeri_Sicher
    Aeri_Sicher
    I also get those times where I wish I could share something about a story... then I hold it in because I want it to be a big surprise in the end =] totally normal, but so hard to deal with xD
    I know it's just a few pixels of black and grey, but they make such a big difference on eye strain. I do like the theme otherwise though.
    Two completely sleepless nights this week and this one is already shaping up to be another. I'm going crazy, I don't know how my brother stays sane. His insomnia is worse.
    djDarkX
    djDarkX
    I was that way the other night. Couldn't sleep, had to run errands and attend a resume writing workshop at my local Workforce Center. Needless to say...I was falling asleep during the first 15 minutes, but managed to keep myself awake fully for the rest of it.

At least I'm, more or less, back on track. Good luck!
    Sharm
    Sharm
    Oh, I have the time, I'm just sitting here in bed going insane instead. Having to sit through some boring workshop when you're sleep deprived sounds awful though. Glad you're on schedule again. :)
    I'm considering making a world tileset that looks like a hand drawn map but I'm not sure if it's worth it. http://tinyurl.com/mkx4mc8
    cosmickitty
    cosmickitty
    I'm actually working on the same thing based of the map I'm working on :)

http://puu.sh/4tnaD

there was another kinda along the same lines for XP... but I lost the link, think it's in grandmadeb's stuff

I can't figure out a reasonable way to do labels for the maps though :/
    Sharm
    Sharm
    Yeah, I saw that in the WIP thread. It's beautiful. How are you going to tile something that complex though?
    cosmickitty
    cosmickitty
    I was hoping I could pull it apart and tile it... but it's not looking like it, I'm either going to do multiple pieces that can be puzzled together or try to make it autotile... with a lot of overlay pieces, it'll most likely be a parallax map though, I'm not sure I can do it otherwise... I'm working on it later today, I'll see what I can figure out and post it in WIP maybe someone will have some ideas :D
    I like living alone except on days when I'm sick and there's no one to beg to do stuff for me.
    Celianna
    Celianna
    On the plus side, no one living in your home can make you sick if they're sick :D
    Sharm
    Sharm
    I still catch everything that goes around so I haven't really had that benefit. :(
    Zack Phoenix
    Zack Phoenix
    Get better soon!
    Brain: I wanna make a car. Me: The tileset is low technology, I don't need a car. Brain: K, so we make a car now? Me: No, we're animating this water. Brain: *makes a car* Me: *headdesk*
    Espon
    Espon
    My brain: Screw you! I'm going to make you feel so bored that won't be able to think about your game! Now lets go watch terrible YouTube videos!
    Sharm
    Sharm
    Mine does that too, every time I try to write. For some reason I can force myself to get things done with art easier.
    "I have nothing to show, act like a jerk and don't answer questions but good luck making it in the gaming world if you don't work for someone as awesome as me!" How is this mindset so common?
    Psyker
    Psyker
    This is why my wife and I are doing our best to raise our kids like this. They have to understand they won't always win so as long as they do their best we are proud of them either way.
    Ocedic
    Ocedic
    Overall, I think the issue is people can't accept their limitations. They think, I can't do art, scripting or music, so that means I MUST be an amazing writer, even though writing is a craft like any other artform that few in the community have mastered.
    Scythuz
    Scythuz
    There's been certain forums that I won't name that get this sort of thing everyday, there's actually people on them who go out their way to police them too, it's that common. The worst is when the thread starters think they can make an mmo despite no previous experience in games development. To top it off they claim to be CEOs of their "companies". The sad thing is, it actually seems to work from time to time.
    Spent the day making ocean and sand tiles instead of finishing the tileset I've been working on for a month. I love how productive I am when I'm manic but it's hardly ever useful.
    I've been extremely productive today but in a complete reversal of my usual behavior I have no desire to show off my hard work.
    Lunarea
    Lunarea
    Productive days are good days- whether you share the progress or not. :D
    djDarkX
    djDarkX
    Agreed with Luna. No need to show your work, just work. As long as it gets done and you feel accomplished.
    I set out to prove that tree autotiles didn't have to be ugly. I think all I'll end up proving is that when you make it pretty enough people won't care as much about the lousy square corners.
    Sharm
    Sharm
    I'll never understand why this was considered an improvement over XP's autotiles.
    Celianna
    Celianna
    Eh, if you want something round and with transparency, go for using regular tiles instead.
    Jef299
    Jef299
    To make thick forest I just put a bunch of trees close together I don't use that square group of trees.
    I just found out that my favorite pixel art tutorial is no longer online. If I'd known it was going to be taken offline I would have saved it!
    djDarkX
    djDarkX
    That happened to a website I know of that had some fantastic free electric and acoustic guitar sampler libraries used for music and it had some really nice effects plugins as well. At least it's on web archive and I was able to download and save 99% of what I needed. You should check web archive to see if it's still there and save what you need!
    Sharm
    Sharm
    I tried wayback machine, half the pictures were missing. Oh well!
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Just realized I have a few Steam gifts floating around. Anyone need RPG Maker MV or XP (Steam only)? Send me a message and I will send them on over!
*when you can do the Unity tutorials, but when you actually try and convert it to your own knowledge, it fails horribly*
Hi, I made a game for a competition. I need some players to help play and vote for the best game.

https://ekamu.itch.io/not4ever
don’t forget to rate the game here

Voting is open until 12 August.

Thanks.
Progresses. Tonight: refinemment, column, pitfall, bump and gutter (I'll leave doors for last, they are scary).
What is your favourite rpg maker plugin?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wintyyy