Sharm
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Awarded medals About

• Ugh, this art pack is too humongous. I can't figure out a way to split it up smaller and I'm never able to get more than 3/4 finished!
    Sharm
    Sharm
    Directly into the program. Refining an idea is easier with pixels, you can work from your concept sketch without worrying about stuff not erasing all the way and you don't have to add steps to get the idea transferred to where it gets finished.
    starlight dream
    starlight dream
    Thank you very much!! :) I've been doing it directly in the program, but whenever I saw your pixel art, it made me wonder how you did it.
    Sharm
    Sharm
    References, implying and exaggerating, lots of practice and critique and study. I love art in general but there's a special place in my heart for pixel art and there always has been.
    Sometimes I'm obtuse on purpose to get people to figure out what they're doing wrong themselves. I look dumb but there are less fights.
    literarygoth
    literarygoth
    I personally like the Devil's Advocate approach; help to see better what a person's ideas really are, and at the same time challenge your own.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    Reminds me of a kind of similar problem here. I always give answers only hinting the correct answer, but then somebody comes and gives 100% solution... :D
    Marquise*
    Marquise*
    How many times I just did that to laugh at them in the past and more recently to not play the loudest voice wins the argument? I mean c'mon I need a respirator to sleep. -_-; Not like I would spend all my air and saliva on stupidity. One calm warn and... Well, let the Lord decide.
    I keep gathering resources instead of working on my game. I know I'm not the only one who has this problem.
    Sorry about being inconsistent and forgetful lately. The endless migraine is permanent, doctors are talking management instead of cures.
    taarna23
    taarna23
    Sharm
    Sharm
    Could be a new allergy but I don't know what it could possibly be. Probably not pollen, I have filters in my room for just that purpose and going outside doesn't change anything.
    Marquise*
    Marquise*
    I wish we could more find the cause than treat the symptoms of a lot of ailments. Hold-on Sharm! All I can do is to pray for you unfortunately.
    Nine days. That's how long I've had this sinus headache/migraine.
    Sharm
    Sharm
    Those won't work for me, but thanks for the advice. I'm doing my best to remove all the triggers, including sinus pressure (that's one of mine too). I really appreciate the well wishing.
    Hollow 1977
    Hollow 1977
    You're welcome! Anyway I can help others. Those headaches caused me to miss a few days of work along with the panic attacks. Hope you are able to find a better way to deal with them.
    Marquise*
    Marquise*
    *cybermental hugs* get well please!
    I keep getting an itch to combine all the pixel resources I've collected to make a really pretty game. But I don't have any gameplay ideas.
    Marquise*
    Marquise*
    Woah... Without edits? o_O Mmmmm... that can be interesting and challenging. Hope your tastes are constant!
    Sharm
    Sharm
    With edits. That'd be the interesting part, trying to get all the different parts to look like they were made by the same person without pouring too much work into them.
    Marquise*
    Marquise*
    *cybermental hugs!* Hope you get all where you want with it. That will be a quite interesting task! :D
    I could make an entire tileset of just vines so easily. There are just too many potentially useful options.
    Reactions: Tea's Jams
    Sharm
    Sharm
    Hmm. Maybe after I get this base set finished then, and add a few other jungle type things to round it out a bit.
    trevers18
    trevers18
    Just do a full tileset but make everything out of vines. Houses, windows, wells, paths, water. Hell, even make some vine people. Go the whole extra mile. Someone might use it well.
    Sharm
    Sharm
    That would get boring to make so quickly. ^_^;
    Just got a new case for my tiny pc. Could someone convince me that not to spend $40 on a foldable full size keyboard to go with it?
    Finally convinced my Dad to see a doctor because he's been walking funny. Next thing I know he's getting neurosurgery. Today has been hard.
    I can't decide if I want to participate in a medical study. They'll be requiring me to do something that will make me sick for a week.
    Guiguimu
    Guiguimu
    Helping others is a great thing to do, specially when we are talking about not very known diseases. If it can help improve others lives, even if it is just by creating better ways for the patients being diagnosed, it's a good thing. But if you don't feel comfortable in participating, don't do it, really.
    Reactions: Susan
    Guiguimu
    Guiguimu
    You are the one that knows what's best for you, and whatever is your decision, make sure you will not regret it. You have our opinion, but what's the opinion of those closest to you?(if I may ask, if I don't, take those into consider more, because those are the ones who can support you the most)
    Reactions: Susan
    Marquise*
    Marquise*
    *cybermental hugs* to whatever you decide Sharm. Don't hurt yourself but if you think it will not only help you but many more, I'm all heart with you and... well you'll be my second addendum to my prayers tonight!
    Could someone help me find a 2k/3 game with default tiles and good maps where I can access the project files? Doesn't have to be finished.
    Sharm
    Sharm
    I'm asking because have a tileset I'm wanting to test out with things mapped to a similar spot as the defaults. I have no intention of doing anything else with the project files so a game someone would otherwise want kept private would be fine too.
    JosephSeraph
    JosephSeraph
    Epic Elf has pretty charmy maps imo, its one of my favorite RM games ever
    https://rpgmaker.net/games/3766/images/

otherwise, lots of stuff by liberty and just filtering for rm2k3 games with downloads should net you a fine list you can use to search, especially since project encryption isn't common with 2k3 games.
    Reactions: Sharm
    Sharm
    Sharm
    It's not? I had no idea! That's going to make things much easier. Thank you for the recommendation.
    RPG Limit Break isn't as interesting or big as the GDQ events but it's dearer to my heart.
    taarna23
    taarna23
    Waiting for July~!
    CleanWater
    CleanWater
    What is GDQ? o_O
    Sharm
    Sharm
    Games Done Quick. They have a summer and a winter event. RPG Limit Break is similar but only does RPG's.
    Spent the day remapping the entire LoZ overworld in MV to test out my tileset. Is that an accomplishment or a complete waste of time?
    Been sleep deprived for days and the only thing I can focus on is working on my tileset. It makes no sense but hey, I'm getting work done!
    AH Sharm! long time no see ;w;! I am finally back! with a drawing skill faster too <3 so how are you? for myself I am fine ready to work some stuff for MV : D!
    Sharm
    Sharm
    WB! That's awesome to hear, I'm so glad college is helping you. I've been working hard on pixels, got a lot of pretty new little things. Someday I will be done. I look forward to seeing your new stuff!
    nio kasgami
    nio kasgami
    thanks! I am looking forward too! Well I was thinking to draw more actual asset and probably code some nice plugins! and I bet you it's working on some nice tileset pack :p?
    Sharm
    Sharm
    Yep. Same pack I've been working on for a while. It's big.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Sometimes I just think.... we all had eighth-grade syndrome, only difference is in the severity. :kaopride:
//Makes complex mechanic...
//Slaps self
No U! We make it fast, simple and fun! :kaolivid:
If it needs a long tutorial(s) on how to do it, it's bad... Just look at FF13. :kaoback:
//Shudders
Good point self. :kaopride:

There was an accident at the stone mason's workshop today. Some @The Stranger was seen on the premises, ranting about evil secret guild business before they destroyed the Statue of David. Public and law enforcement will keep an eye out for vandals!
I suppose at some point I should figure out how to change my name on here.
Teaching friend how to use MV, so far he can fight his cat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nwr