Recent content by Sharm

1. Sharm

The Resource WIP Thread 3

Go with the second one. It's the correct perspective, should be slightly easier to design for with the wider proportions, and looks less stiff.
  2. Sharm

Making new character sprite?

A lot of the character sprite generators out there are for earlier versions of RPG Maker or aren't engine specific, so they're unlikely to have the battlers. Downed sprites are rare, but not impossible to find, and aren't usually included in generators either. I think there was a tutorial on...
  3. Sharm

He's a YouTuber. He focuses a lot on exposing the shady side of gaming, but he also swears a...

He's a YouTuber. He focuses a lot on exposing the shady side of gaming, but he also swears a lot so I don't watch him.
  4. Sharm

RMMV 8 Bit Help

Pixel art gets a lot harder the larger it gets, and there's not really any point sticking to a restriction like using the NES palette if you're going high resolution. You can fake a lower resolution and get that retro look in MV by upscaling the artwork. The NES tiles were 8x8 but were often...
  5. Sharm

Carpet isn't so hard. Wait until you get to water!

Carpet isn't so hard. Wait until you get to water!
  6. Sharm

Don't care about Pokemon, but more Minish Cap style art would be awesome, that game is one of...

Don't care about Pokemon, but more Minish Cap style art would be awesome, that game is one of the masterworks of pixel art.
  7. Sharm

From what I've heard, a lot of the keys are stolen or fake. It's to the point where big Indie...

From what I've heard, a lot of the keys are stolen or fake. It's to the point where big Indie names have begged people to pirate rather than buy from this site.
  8. Sharm

Autotiles are difficult! It's even worse when they're animated. Hang in there, it'll click...

Autotiles are difficult! It's even worse when they're animated. Hang in there, it'll click eventually.
  9. Sharm

I know how you feel. In times like these I like to pick up a game that I've been meaning to...

I know how you feel. In times like these I like to pick up a game that I've been meaning to play. There's just too many that I haven't tried yet.
  10. Sharm

Window .Png Explanation.

To put things another way, A stretches over the whole window, B tiles over the window, C is basically a 9 slice except the middle is directional arrows, D is the selection cursor and is a tiny 9 slice, E is an animated next text window cursor that shows up at the bottom of the window and the...
  11. Sharm

Sprite Sheet Formats and $/!

I think it's pretty clear why it's selecting everything since it's named with a $. You should reread the beginning post including everything in the spoilers if you're still confused why that is. But we don't support ripped resources here (meaning resources taken from another game without the...
  12. Sharm

Is there any video on how to create original sprites?

@yuhwell I appreciate the sentiment, but I'd rather not. Sharm is actually the name of one of my characters, I just borrow it for my internet nickname.
  13. Sharm

New Releases - Train Station Asset Pack, Orc Voices

@Ilithianeae Because of the nature of pixel art and because they're drawn at a 32x32 tile size, making them work at MV's default 48x48 tile size would either require a complete redraw or though upscaling that would make them look blurry. If you don't mind the resized look, you can do it...
  14. Sharm

The Resource WIP Thread 3

The design from before was fine, but this is rendered in a way that's clearer, so I like it better.
  15. Sharm

working on my game

The effect itself, or the animation of the character doing the casting?

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Managed to find a way to hang a bed cover over my window. So no more being toasted alive in the afternoon!:kaoswt2:
So, uh, has anyone tried buying any resources from KokoroReflections? Because I've been looking for a 'buy' button on the site for like 10 minutes now and can't find one.
Any also thought it's too cringy to put the word "and you" in your credit as a special thanks?
Cause that's what I thought...
Everyone in the US right now: Please stay safe.
Symphony Celestia: Prophecy of the Falling Stars RPG Maker music pack WIP. Symphony Celestia is a new series that focuses on symphonic and orchestrated music to tell a story. Each story will include compositions that make up that story from beginning to end. Themes include: Battles, adventures, character themes, etc. Below is a video preview to the first story.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flaminguex