Recent content by Shian

1. Shian

Seven Mysteries: The Last Page (Supernatural, Horror)

The animation is really cool! Stuff like that would definitely be a highlight if i saw it in a game!
  2. Shian

Umikoume and the Secrets of the Sea

I remember seeing something about  Wadanohara before and was amazed by the graphics, especially since almost if not everything seemed to be custom-made. So this is a fan-made sequel? Will be interesting to see how it pans out -- good luck!
  3. Shian

Just Face It! (All 8 episodes are out!)

Ah, I remember thinking when playing the game that the whole "hair, moustache, fangs" element and how it tied into the skills and the wonders of the random faces was deserving of more than just a weekend-long contest! Now I get to see them more! Plus I loved the "humour"ous bats. I hope they...
  4. Shian

Super Awesome Face Contest

Congratulations to the winners! I agree that there were lots of quality entries--I've pretty much lost track of which games I've played and who made them. However amidst them all I can still remember elvenheart's game and what it was about, so obviously it left a good impression! Congrats on...
  5. Shian

Fonts and commercial RM games

Usually with an option somewhere to pay for, donate or otherwise talk to the owner of the font for commercial use. Online fonts are nice in that many good ones have cheap licences. MS Fonts are not automatically usable. Perhaps if you own a business-level Microsoft Office you can use them (but...
  6. Shian

Matseb, your battlers are hilarious. The idea of enemies based on the four humours with that dialogue is funny enough, but with the faces included too... elvenheart's also gave me mixed feelings because I wasn't sure whether to laugh or to cry. @metronome Thanks for the feedback! There's...
  7. Shian

If you investigate most of the events in the room the door will open, which means you've missed out on the last quarter of the game! There's a "unlocking" sound that plays when the door unlocks, plus the project itself is unencrypted so if you wish you can cheat and see where all the events...
  8. Shian

Thanks for the feedback! I have uploaded a version on Dropbox which I am now 99.9% sure is bug-free.
  9. Shian

Wow, you're quick! Somehow I had a feeling something was wrong (/this is my first ever game upload so I knew something would go wrong) so I downloaded the game and checked it myself--found out I had forgot to reset everything to standard settings (i.e. not for testing), so I deleted the files...
  10. Shian

There are some really funny entries so far! However I'm kinda surprised to see that apart from Monkeysnow and BCJ's entries there isn't that much horror, because the first thing I thought when I saw the competition rules was "Horror game". So here's my entry! Only A Mother, a horror story...
  11. Shian

Tax for art commission? (AUSTRALIA)

Honestly considering the circumstances you will probably get away with it this fiscal year (i.e. the 1st July next year, when you have to send in your tax return for he last 12 months and a new one starts... P.S> NOT LEGAL ADVICE). However, depending on how far this work goes, how far other work...
  12. Shian

Tax for art commission? (AUSTRALIA)

Interesting question! I found a long legal page with examples etc.  The gist seems to be that you can either make art as a hobby or as a business. The actual guidelines are somewhat open to interpretation. However at the point that you say you get a monthly payment, that you're PART of a...
  13. Shian

You have earned an Achievement!

On Steam I have the achievements popup disabled because it pulls me out of the in-game immersion, and often contains spoilers as to how far I am in the game etc. I honestly don't even care about them, but then even for me they do have a use: I can finish a game, then go and look at...
  14. Shian

Horror game who use true place

Using real places is great! It is done all the time. The problem then, though, is actually making  it look like the place you are basing it on. You're Canadian and I suppose you've been to the Canadian Forests before, but have you ever really looked carefully at what it is made of? You'd...
  15. Shian

Dreaming Mary (Sidescrolling Adventure Game)

Hi, great game, but you probably already know that! I'm here for bug reports and suggestions! First the bug reports: - When porting save files from the original to updated version, loading the original saves goes to a black screen. Entering the save screen then exiting seems to work to fix it...

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Can the Eternal Dreamers finish off the final boss? We'll see!
Fekken kill me. I unknowingly swapped out two important events's codes and saved the game to test it. I'm just doing this for fun and the fun has now been replaced with excruciating torture.
Is this how game developers feel all the time?

EDIT:
WAIT HOLY S***
MY LAST POST ASKING FOR HELP ON AN EVENT ACTUALLY SAVED IT
OH MY GOD
Coffee + Silk Coconut Milk + Splenda Zero = Not ..... awful :/ .
I was making a cutscene where Hero's dad got killed by the dragon but when he lose its say game over and send you to the tittle screen. How can remove game over for that cutscene
My new RPG Maker music pack, Emotional: Redemption, is now in progress and will be coming to RPG Maker soon. It is an album that focuses on emotional themes including the darker forms of sorrow and despair. Below is a demo of a composition from the album.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aotaru