Shikamon
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• "Remember, remember, the fifth of November, Gunpowder Treason and Plot".
    Finnuval
    Finnuval
    " I know of no reason
    Why the Gunpowder Treason
    Should ever be forgot.
    Guy Fawkes, Guy Fawkes, t'was his intent
    To blow up the King and Parli'ment."
    Want to play sandbox games as long its not the online only.
    Black Pagan
    Black Pagan
    Have you tried - The Forest ? Its a Great Action / Building / Survival Sandbox game and works offline.
    Shikamon
    Shikamon
    hmm gonna check that out
    I thought too much about improve mechanic while forget that I actually just want focus on a simple story.
    Reactions: EpicFILE and Sigony
    EpicFILE
    EpicFILE
    Oh, that's unfortunate. :|

It surprised me that Indonesian RPG Maker community have existed before this forum.
    That's cool. :D
    Shikamon
    Shikamon
    well, there's a Facebook group for Indonesian community but I rarely check it out there and IMO it's not engaging as here.
    EpicFILE
    EpicFILE
    That's true, maybe this is the most lively forum I've ever joined.
    First Quest : Find 10 herbs.
    Final Quest : Defeat Evil God.

Just jrpg thing. ;)
    Ami
    Ami
    1st Armor: Leather Breast
    Final Armor: Gold Pegasus Armor

DLC: Aluxes Armor

Special Event: Harold Armor
    Reactions: Dororo
    Dororo
    Dororo
    First Dungeon: go from Room A to Room B, be wary of the free chest.
    Last Dungeon: random teleporters on conveyor belts across 25 levels and shapechanging rooms.
    Finnuval
    Finnuval
    First skill : Quick strike
    Last skill : Ultimate God Tear Multi Combo Strike
    When some jrpg fans said they tired youth protagonist, sword wielder, spiked hair and happy go lucky, I dont quite sure who are they refering to? not even FF characters fit this criteria, DQ and Chrono only have silent protagonist, maybe just tales characters?
    Reactions: KakonComp
    KakonComp
    KakonComp
    I don't think they mean all at once when those bits are criticized, but each one is something they're tired of seeing in a character. Spiky hair ticks a lot of protagonists, but all of them together don't hit as many.
    Milennin
    Milennin
    Oh, those are my favourite type of protagonists. :D Why aren't there more RPG's with those?
    Shikamon
    Shikamon
    that's my favorite too, who doesn't want to become spiky hair youth hero with full optimism to save the world and loved by many people ( and young girls ) :D :D
    > watch youtube video
    > video use my native language
    > still prefer to watch with english subtitle anyway

Am i weird here?
    standardplayer
    standardplayer
    Not as long as I'm around. Now hand over the epidermis
    EpicFILE
    EpicFILE
    That's a bit unusual, yes.
    But I get that some concepts are better prensented in English. :D
    Finnuval
    Finnuval
    I always prefer to watch something in its original language (no matter the language) with subtitles if necessary.
    I don't hate it when using RTP actors on the game, but at least recolor it for main characters or use chargenerators.
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    I actually had the ACE RTP actors make cameos as NPCs in my last game. They were a dance band called The Defaults.
    KazukiT
    KazukiT
    I saw the RTP actors as a butt of a joke. In one of my jam games Harold and his friends were in the afterlife as NPCs. Harold believed he stopped an evil lord but in reality they were arrested for public unrest and died in jail. After I made a game for the "Harold's Last Stand" game jam I gained an appreciation for the RTP characters.
    BloodletterQ
    BloodletterQ
    I kind of find it funny how Ignatz in Fire Emblem Three Houses looks so much like Lucius.
    Just realize the last time I used my MV was 4 years ago, I see a lot improvement since first time released haha..
    Welp, better late than never at all.
    Reactions: RainbowGrenade
    Dororo
    Dororo
    And now is actually called MZ, too...
    Shikamon
    Shikamon
    Good thing, MV trinity resources also available for MV now. AFAIK there's only MZ version back then.
    more reason NOT to buy MZ, I guess.
    Reactions: Dororo
    Let's create game with RTP only, no plugin except official one..
    Reactions: KakonComp
    KakonComp
    KakonComp
    Let them creations take flight. It would mean a lot to Reid and crew.
    Bastrophian
    Bastrophian
    O_O make one that has an expansive narative that incorperates all the box art characters at once as playable characters, from both MV and MZ! Thats like what... only 30+ characters? So get crackin'! Chrono Cross pulled it off, it should be easy enough in RM. XP
    Shikamon
    Shikamon
    Oh kinda forgot, I don't have MZ yet coz priority. maybe just do MV :3
    I never saw any jrpg story about the chosen one and his companions done very straight to follow all basic jrpg tropes.
    Shikamon
    Shikamon
    Isn't making it unique will take away all cliche? some players may be losing interest, some maybe not and just enjoy the familiarity, not everyone can be pleased anyway. :D
    Sharm
    Sharm
    That's true. It's good not to repeat things endlessly but sometimes treading the same path as before can be a type of entertainment. Like wearing your favorite outfit. It's not new but you still love it.
    Sigony
    Sigony
    Many people will like a story structure but read so much of it that they get sick of it.
    I think it’s important to hint at the start “the gameplay is this level of awesome, the story is sorta like this, the tone is like this, the theme has this aspect” level stuff to say “we got what you want foo”
    I guess if you're just going solo dev, minimize features is better choice.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Yay, now back in action Happy Christmas time, coming back!

Back in action to develop the indie game that has been long overdue... Final Fallacy. A game that keeps on giving! The development never ends as the developer thinks to be the smart cookie by coming back and beginning by saying... "Oh bother, this indie game has been long overdue..." How could one resist such? No-one c
So I was playing with filters and this looked interesting...

Versus the normal look...

Kind of gives a very different feel. :LZSexcite:
To whom ever person or persons who re-did the DS/DS+ asset packs for MV (as in, they are all 48x48, and not just x2 the pixel scale) .... THANK-YOU!!!!!!!!! XwwwwX
It's Saturday already. Last Saturday felt just like yesterday. o_o

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
debraames