Recent content by Shiro-chan

1. Shiro-chan

Checking enemy's troop size

$game_variables[x] = $game_troop.members.size Replace x with a variable of your choice. If you want to interact with this, remember that some parts of the engine count the first member as member 0 (so a troop with 8 enemies would actually mean that the 7th is the last), so for those cases you...
  2. Shiro-chan

Enemies are curing the same ally

##Small fixes by Lone Wolf ##Randomized Enemy Self-Targeting # By default, enemy actions set to target a member of their own group will # always, without exception, target the last enemy in the list, making buffs # and healing commands essentially worthless when given to groups of enemies. #...
  3. Shiro-chan

Music and sounds

Check the calls of those sounds, you may have set the wrong volumes. Alternatively it could be an issue with the actual files being badly sampled, not using the maximum possible volume compared to other files that do and thus are quieter by default. Are you using any scripts related to sound...
  4. Shiro-chan

Aliment Guard has zero effect

If that's all you would like to know, please report your first post with the reason "Resolved".
  5. Shiro-chan

Aliment Guard has zero effect

Remove all of these (see pics) and then try again. As for the status fading away, you need different settings.
  6. Shiro-chan

Target any one actor or enemy

Hello, I want to make a skill that heals a target but also applies a bad status effect. Due to these properties, it would make sense that any enemy or actor can be picked as the target. But VX Ace has exclusivity regarding that, only allowing either enemies or actors to pick, but not anyone. Is...
  7. Shiro-chan

Is there a way to change the game icon without hacking?

I asked about this in a different thread and was recommended a program called Resource Hacker. It worked very well for and I recommend doing this because it adds a nice touch of personality for your game.
  8. Shiro-chan

Character fade in?

Personally I would set the event in question into a place outside the visible space of the map, next run an event scene that first makes the event 0 opacity and THEN teleports the event to the desired location. After that you can run your movement route going 31, 63, 95, 127, 159, 191, 223, 255...
  9. Shiro-chan

How do i make a "Death Countdown" Status in battle?

The simplest option would be to make it something that is checked every turn via troops. Have your skill apply the counter status ("Doomed" maybe) with whatever probability you want, then run a Common Event off of the skill to check. If any target has the status Doomed, also apply "Perish". Then...
  10. Shiro-chan

Script Call Support Boards

Hello, I'm trying to add/remove skills dynamically from enemies for use in battle (if it can only be done before a battle, that would still be sufficient). Yes, I know I could use the native conditions such as status effects, but that won't help in this case, and I know it's possible to change...
  11. Shiro-chan

Collapse effect doesn't work from applied status

...Oh, how silly of me. Yes, that was in fact the case. Thank you very much.
  12. Shiro-chan

Collapse effect doesn't work from applied status

Hello, I have a problem that is probably... odd. I tried making an enemy that has two different effects for the collapse effect (boss and instant, respectively). So I deleted the entry from the enemy itself and instead coded it via troop to apply the respective states. Problem is that this...
  13. Shiro-chan

Issue with Cutscene?

The easiest way is that you do the following: -increase the size of your starting map to the east by at least a factor of 2 -fill out all the new space with a tile that is perfectly black (if your starting map does not use any parallax, the tiles can be left empty as well) -put your main...
  14. Shiro-chan

Gimp objects not lining up with default image on map.

It's actually 4 pixels, at least in VX Ace. It might be more in MV/MZ though.
  15. Shiro-chan

Is VX Ace still worth it now?

If you make a new project, I'd recommend starting in MZ. VX Ace is great, but it's also aging and on some systems it's already stopping to work correctly. MZ can be changed to support a tilesize of 64x64 with a plugin, so you can theoretically use Ace's assets (which are intended for 32x32)...

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Watch Studio Blue play Numina by starlit in our latest RPG Maker Games Critique stream starting NOW!

Wish me luck. One of the leading experts on certain false shuffle is going to check if my skill is good enough to be called "not total trash".
Not an RPG Maker Update but I'm happy to say that I finally passed my drivers written test. Which makes me a happy guy.
FWRu-cYXkAAAUbl
Have you ever been in such a luck streak you felt fear something was wrong?
I'm going to be adding in combat animations, revamping the UI and putting in a new cutscene this week, so this is your last chance to play the MC:RIS demo in its original form! Say you were there since the beginning! https://qos.itch.io/infinite-sadness

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
c100note