ShyChangling
Birthday:
Mar 3, 1992 (Age: 27)
Home Page:

Share This Page

ShyChangling

The Shy One of the Forest Old, 27

Accidentally starts writing a novel of my game and that's taken up most my time oops Oct 11, 2019

1. ShyChangling
      ShyChangling
      Accidentally starts writing a novel of my game and that's taken up most my time oops
      1. Hyouryuu-Na and standardplayer like this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. Zanckst
        Zanckst
        How can it be so accidentally if it has taken and would be taking most of your dev times? :S
        Oct 11, 2019
      4. ShyChangling
        ShyChangling
        I was gonna just write down parts of my game scenes to better map them. And it ended up a novel instead with four chapters at this moment. So frankly I think I might continue this line and then go back to my game and map out the scenes with slight alteration.
        Oct 11, 2019
      5. Zanckst
        Zanckst
        It's actually a good thing tho, you have a clearer roadmap for your game
        Oct 11, 2019
        ShyChangling likes this.
    2. ShyChangling
      ShyChangling
      Okay. Update its been some time. But I've been in the middle of a move. Should hopefully come back under way after this month ends.
    3. ShyChangling
      ShyChangling
      Game making is to be put off for the foreseeable future till I fix my game headset since that's the only way my computer lets sound play.
      1. Wavelength
        Wavelength
        In the meantime, why not get a super-cheap headset (you can find them for $1 in many "dollar stores) so that you can keep on chugging on the game-making train?
        Jul 12, 2019
      2. ShyChangling
        ShyChangling
        That might be a good idea! Thank you!
        Jul 12, 2019
    4. ShyChangling
      ShyChangling
      Nearly had a scare last night. Computer wouldn't work and thought I lost all work.
      1. Marsigne likes this.
      3. Marsigne
        Marsigne
        I've had all sorts of shut-downs and thankfully never lost more data than a few minutes.
        Jun 23, 2019
      4. ShyChangling
        ShyChangling
        Yeah I got an external harddrive I'm gonna back everything up on. I have alot of things I need backing up on. Including writing, art, fanworks and my games. Its gonna be a long process. That was scary.
        Jun 23, 2019
        Marsigne likes this.
      5. Marsigne
        Marsigne
        Glad you didn't have to go through a jump scare of it. That happens to me semi-often. >.>
        Jun 23, 2019
        ShyChangling likes this.
    5. ShyChangling
      ShyChangling
      Aah the ever dreaded "New Project" button. How you tempt me so.
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Marsigne
        Marsigne
        No?
        Jun 14, 2019
      3. Marsigne
        Marsigne
        Subarashi!
        Jun 14, 2019
        ShyChangling likes this.
      4. Marsigne
        Jun 14, 2019
    6. ShyChangling
      ShyChangling
      I wonder if I should make a thread for my game progression some time. Maybe not this project but a different one some day.
      1. Elliott404 and Hyouryuu-Na like this.
      2. Elliott404
        Elliott404
        I would recommend itch.io. they have devlogs in the community section, and it comes with tags from just started to 100% Complete.
        You have to read the guidelines, and meet the requirements first.
        May 31, 2019
        ShyChangling likes this.
      3. Hyouryuu-Na
        Hyouryuu-Na
        You really should. It's really helpful to keep you motivated and focused. I shouldve done so myself but I'm struggling with stuff so don't even have the bare minimum to start one :")
        May 31, 2019
        Elliott404 and ShyChangling like this.
      4. ShyChangling
        ShyChangling
        Oh thank you. I'll give some thought to these then.
        May 31, 2019
        Hyouryuu-Na and Elliott404 like this.
    7. ShyChangling
      ShyChangling
      my depression got me and now I realize why I hadn't worked on my game. Alright brain, lets take some walks and work on your projects.
      1. Romanticist and Finnuval like this.
      3. Romanticist
        Romanticist
        I actually enjoy eventing too, but it can get frustrating when it doesn't work like you want it to, and you can't figure out why haha. But then when you do get it to work, it's such a great feeling!
        May 31, 2019
      4. ShyChangling
        ShyChangling
        I know right! One time one of my npcs in an event wouldn't move and I nearly broke down crying (I'm senstative and dumb).

turned out I was making the wrong npc move. In my defense I had just woken up.
        May 31, 2019
        Romanticist likes this.
      5. Romanticist
        Romanticist
        Sometimes I almost pull my hair out in rage ahaha
        May 31, 2019
        ShyChangling likes this.
    8. ShyChangling
      ShyChangling
      guess who was a fool and got themself hooked on a space detective podcast instead of working on their game? I got writers block again.
      1. FleshToDust
        FleshToDust
        Why not listen to the podcast while you work?
        May 19, 2019
        ShyChangling likes this.
    9. ShyChangling
      ShyChangling
      I spent the last week binging KH, all I can say is. And I thought my plot was convoluted. I love it but man that is a confusing story.
      1. mylafter likes this.
      2. mylafter
        mylafter
        Yup, it's confusing. Still makes more sense than math will ever be though.
        May 8, 2019
        ShyChangling likes this.
    10. ShyChangling
      ShyChangling
      27 years old and I still call em sleep overs. I mean what else do I call sleeping over at a friends house? Lmao
      2. Poryg
        Poryg
        In some cases an one-night stand?
        Apr 29, 2019
      3. Kupotepo
        Kupotepo
        Making a game in RPG maker.
        Apr 29, 2019
      4. Engr. Adiktuzmiko
        Engr. Adiktuzmiko
        Apr 29, 2019
        ShyChangling likes this.
    11. ShyChangling
      ShyChangling
      Been experimenting with generators. CHub is great for its ease in layer but the Extended is so good for colours. This is fun guys!
      1. BadLittleSeed likes this.
    12. ShyChangling
      ShyChangling
      I have drawn 31 character busts for my game. And I am apparently as it turns out still not done with making busts.
      1. Finnuval likes this.
    13. ShyChangling
      ShyChangling
      I have been so busy this month. I forgot to keep up with my game making.
      1. Finnuval
        Finnuval
        relatable
        Apr 23, 2019
    14. ShyChangling
      ShyChangling
      I think my maps are starting to come out better. Trying not to restrict myself to only square homes and town borders.
      1. Sharm
        Sharm
        Sounds like a good step for getting better at maps and gaining more experience.
        Apr 6, 2019
        ShyChangling likes this.
      2. ShyChangling
        ShyChangling
        Its been fun. I've been using the advice people have given me. And trying not to get hung up on imperfections.
        Apr 6, 2019
        Sharm likes this.
    15. ShyChangling
      ShyChangling
      A thing I am really really bad at is mapping. I am not good at making town, dungeon maps and world maps feel so small. Time for practice.
      2. Mystic_Enigma
        Mystic_Enigma
        I'm a little stuch on designing a mountain overpass thing of a map, i'm not sure where a clip should begin or end, I'd half the mind to scrap the idea and just go with a cave complex instead! :kaoswt:
        Apr 4, 2019
        Finnuval likes this.
      3. Finnuval
        Finnuval
        @Mystic_Enigma or post what you have in maps & screenshots and ask for feedback/help ;)
        Apr 4, 2019
      4. SOC
        SOC
        I find looking at examples helps me learn and improve much quicker.
        Apr 4, 2019
        ShyChangling and Finnuval like this.
    16. ShyChangling
      ShyChangling
      I wonder if I should use another piece of my art as my icon. But I don't want to start the habit of constant icon changes lmao.
      1. MushroomCake28 likes this.
      2. MushroomCake28
        MushroomCake28
        Just saying that I'm really bad at remember names, but I'm a bit better at remembering pictures haha! And I'm a lot better at remembering numbers, but that's besides the point here.
        Apr 3, 2019
    17. ShyChangling
      ShyChangling
      I have the skirt walk sprite done but I might redo it. On the other end I ended up staying up late so I did my bang braid sv sprites.
    18. ShyChangling
      ShyChangling
      I spent all day yesterday making a crop top sv with a butt cape. Sprite art is hecking fun. I think I might try and make a skirt next
      1. Poryg and SpaceBot like this.
      3. Poryg
        Poryg
        Add a cute highschool girl to the skirt and you're my man. Or woman. Or... primate or whatever.
        Mar 30, 2019
      4. ShyChangling
        ShyChangling
        Might take a few days but I gotta try to do it now, maybe give her a cute hair piece to match if I can manage it. That's my new goal for next week. Finish one skirt for a sprite set. SV is probably gonna be a monster on me lmao.
        Mar 30, 2019
        Poryg and SpaceBot like this.
      5. Poryg
        Poryg
        Neko ears! ^_^
        Mar 30, 2019
    19. ShyChangling
      ShyChangling
      I hate how doing new things sets my face on fire lmao. But hey learning to make custom sprite pieces is fun at least!
      1. BadLittleSeed and Finnuval like this.
    20. ShyChangling
      ShyChangling
      When you're about to write the next chapter in your game but then a plot bunny happens that would up the rating of the game if added lmao.
      1. RachelTheSeeker and Finnuval like this.
      2. bgillisp
        bgillisp
        Just be careful. Plot bunnies grow rapidly. First its 2 then its 10 then 885...
        Mar 28, 2019
        RachelTheSeeker and ShyChangling like this.
      3. ShyChangling
        ShyChangling
        Oh no! I didn't know they could grow that fast.
        Mar 28, 2019
        RachelTheSeeker likes this.
  • About

Birthday:
    Mar 3, 1992 (Age: 27)
    Home Page:
    http://shychangling.tumblr.com/
    First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Interests:
    Personal Game making, Writing, Art
    Shy hobbyist who enjoys writing, art and creating fan content for my favorite stories. Currently dabbling in RPG Maker MV to making games mostly just for myself.

Interact