ShyChangling
Birthday:
Mar 3, 1992 (Age: 27)
Home Page:

Share This Page

ShyChangling

The Shy One of the Forest Old, 27

Accidentally starts writing a novel of my game and that's taken up most my time oops Oct 11, 2019

1. ShyChangling
      ShyChangling
      Alternating between game event scripting and writing fanfics. Why can't I focus on one thing lmao. Adhd is a heckle of a brain teaser.
    2. ShyChangling
      ShyChangling
      After a month I have gotten 15 minutes of gameplay made in one game. Here's hoping no more writers block for a while.
      1. View previous comments...
      2. BadLittleSeed
        BadLittleSeed
        You can do it~!
        Mar 25, 2019
      3. Sauteed_Onion
        Sauteed_Onion
        In maybe more than a month, I made 5 minutes of map? XD I'm supposed to be doing so much more, hopefully my time off afte tomorrow will be much more relaxing. You're an inspiration to me at least! DO IT!
        Mar 25, 2019
        BadLittleSeed and ShyChangling like this.
      4. ShyChangling
        ShyChangling
        Oh man. That's a delight to hear. Good luck to you as well!
        Mar 25, 2019
        BadLittleSeed likes this.
    3. ShyChangling
      ShyChangling
      I finally got past a writing block in my main game! I just needed a friend to bounce ideas off of. Amazing how that works.
      1. BadLittleSeed, Finnuval and SpaceBot like this.
      2. Finnuval
        Finnuval
        bouncing ideas is such an important part of creating it's not even funny. With friends or total strangers even, our brain is wired for feedback in a way :)
        Mar 24, 2019
        ShyChangling and BadLittleSeed like this.
    4. ShyChangling
      ShyChangling
      Oh man figuring out those little \c[x]\ command stuff has been doing wonders to spice up my dialogue and making important info known.
      1. Knighteriius and BadLittleSeed like this.
      2. Knighteriius
        Knighteriius
        Oh yeah! They are a lot of fun, definitely teaches you to respect your keyboard, because you don't usually type those keys very fast but you get better at it, well at least for me
        Mar 24, 2019
      3. ShyChangling
        ShyChangling
        My thing I've been doing is the dialogue/info first and then going back over it to see which are key words.
        It makes me decide what is and isn't important for the player to know.
        Its so much fun
        Mar 24, 2019
        Knighteriius likes this.
    5. ShyChangling
      ShyChangling
      Idea. Practice game to figure out pluggins and how to write a story using said pluggins. Which I bet many other people already thought.
      2. Poryg
        Poryg
        For some reason the same javascript code reacts slightly different on windows from linux.
        Mar 22, 2019
      3. ShyChangling
        ShyChangling
        Oh no! That sounds like hassel.
        Mar 22, 2019
      4. TheoAllen
        TheoAllen
        Basically me, when writing a battle system script. Might as well as making a game based on it and prove it can be used to create a complete game and free of bugs. At least, the common bugs.

I think I'm gonna do the same if I decided to jump to MV.
        Mar 22, 2019
        ShyChangling likes this.
    6. ShyChangling
      ShyChangling
      This is gonna be a busy week. I have so much stuff to do.
      1. Knighteriius and Tw0Face like this.
      2. Tw0Face
        Tw0Face
        Same here. I guarantee you that you'll feel so much better when most stuff is done so keep it up!
        Mar 21, 2019
        Knighteriius likes this.
      3. Knighteriius
        Knighteriius
        @skychangling @Tw0Face You got this guys. Go hard.
        Mar 21, 2019
        ShyChangling and Tw0Face like this.
    7. ShyChangling
      ShyChangling
      Character designing is probably my favorite part about making characters. Probably also why I'm drawn to RvB. Rarely it has canon faces.
      1. SpaceBot likes this.
    8. ShyChangling
      ShyChangling
      Terrax's Lighting Pluggin is amazing and I spent all day trying to figure out how to get it to work in an opening event.
      1. The Stranger likes this.
    9. ShyChangling
      ShyChangling
      Being a writer and trying to make rpgs is hard cause I have TOO many ideas and no idea where to start or where to put a story.
      1. Ryisunique and The Stranger like this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. Ryisunique
        Ryisunique
        o_O, same.
        Mar 15, 2019
      4. OmnislashXX
        OmnislashXX
        Go in the Generator. Make the character. Make the image your actor. Yikes you have done some work.
        Mar 15, 2019
        ShyChangling likes this.
      5. ShyChangling
        ShyChangling
        I have 138 hours worth of work for making characters in Character Hub. It really is a yikes situation.
        Mar 15, 2019
    10. ShyChangling
      ShyChangling
      I am in awe of digital artists who can make visual novels. That takes so much work and so many pictures! You guys are amazing.
      1. Ryisunique and SpaceBot like this.
    11. ShyChangling
      ShyChangling
      On a brighter note. It is so helpful to realize I am able to comment to my own statuses. I didn't realize you could till maybe yesterday.
    12. ShyChangling
      ShyChangling
      One of my biggest faults with writing is I write so fast I get a bunch of little easy to miss mistakes. Its adorable in a way. Lol
      1. Amane Kagari likes this.
      2. Amane Kagari
        Amane Kagari
        for me it's "blind typing" aka typing without looking at the keyboard. It often times comes out like this: fgaftq. And people go like "what?....." But sometimes they can discern my words because I was close to spelling them correctly. (I call it the "next key syndrome". I often hit the key right next to the keys I want to use to spell out certain words. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ )
        Mar 12, 2019
      3. Poryg
        Poryg
        I am quite skilled in blind typing, although it helps a great deal that I don't have these terrible flat keyboards where you can't recognize proper keystroke.
        Mar 12, 2019
      4. ShyChangling
        ShyChangling
        Oh man. I can blind type okay. but NEVER on a phone. It is the worst. Computer key board is easier but then yeah like Amane says. Next key syndrome happens more often then it should. It sucks writing chapters and then you have a whole sentence come out wrong and you're just "How!?"
        Mar 12, 2019
    13. ShyChangling
      ShyChangling
      Man it really is hard not to fall into the "Polish the game in one place eternally" trap in game making huh.
      2. Sharm
        Sharm
        Hardest, I think, is to keep yourself from starting the polish before you've got the entire framework in place. Once you're at the end and all that's left is more polish, I find it a lot easier to just be done with a project so I can move on to new fun things.
        Mar 11, 2019
        Tw0Face likes this.
      3. Tw0Face
        Tw0Face
        Best way I found is to leave it alone and look at it again after a while. If you're still okay with things you did after a few weeks or so, then it'll be okay. :)
        Mar 11, 2019
      4. ShyChangling
        ShyChangling
        Thank you both! I'll be sure to try that.
        Mar 11, 2019
    14. ShyChangling
      ShyChangling
      I have spent more time in Character Hub making characters and face canons then I have in making any of my 5 game wips. Lmao
    15. ShyChangling
      ShyChangling
      My fave show started its 17 season. Just another thing to distract me from hobbies. Oh boy.
      1. Golden Unicorn Gaming likes this.
      2. Shaz
        Shaz
        isn't watching your fave show a hobby?
        Mar 10, 2019
        ShyChangling likes this.
      3. Golden Unicorn Gaming
        Golden Unicorn Gaming
        Fav shows and hobbies go together and should be done simultaneously. It's a good day.
        Mar 10, 2019
        ShyChangling likes this.
    16. ShyChangling
      ShyChangling
      A start to posting. Hmm? suppose I could leave compliments to people who's work I greatly admire.
      1. Shaz and BadLittleSeed like this.
    17. ShyChangling
      ShyChangling
      Idle watcher.
    18. ShyChangling
      ShyChangling
      I finally caved and joined a forum and I feel even if I don't interact with people I could try and pick up tips on sprite editing.
      1. BadLittleSeed and samkfj like this.
      2. mlogan
        mlogan
        Welcome. And yes, there is a lot you can pick up by lurking here. But feel free to give us a chance and maybe post occasionally. :D
        Mar 6, 2019
        ShyChangling likes this.
  • About

Birthday:
    Mar 3, 1992 (Age: 27)
    Home Page:
    http://shychangling.tumblr.com/
    First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Interests:
    Personal Game making, Writing, Art
    Shy hobbyist who enjoys writing, art and creating fan content for my favorite stories. Currently dabbling in RPG Maker MV to making games mostly just for myself.

Interact