Sigony
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Been listening to Brandon Sanderson's lectures. Big pp.
    Re:Zero is a masterpiece that we can learn from in terms of writing. Just the many ways to make a character suffer; delicious :kaoblush:
    So, bout'ta drop a cute ass plugin. Does anyone know how to have a list as a parameter in your plugin? I did "@type number[]" but the editor still wants to take a regular string.
    Reading through the code of RMMV, absolutely confused for about 4 hours, can't seem to find what I'm looking for. And then after enough scanning around, I realize how it works.
    To code is to confuse. Remember that kids.
    Sigony
    Sigony
    It do (be do be do) be like that
    Black Pagan
    Black Pagan
    I wish there were Youtube videos teaching us how to code in MV/MZ in a Series of Videos.. What might seem trivial to Coders might seem extremely complex to us regular folk who are unaware of the terminology, methods, basics of coding..
    Sigony
    Sigony
    @Black Pagan, It takes years and lots of practice to be able to even call oneself 'competent' at coding. That being said, even if you are 'competent' at coding, you still get confused, need to look things up, get stuck, etc.

I think coders just have built up a muscle where they're comfortable being confused for long periods of time.
    I like orchestral, I like chiptune. Intermingle both? Isolate chiptune to a certain context?
    Dororo
    Dororo
    Chiptune can turn epic, epic music can't be chiptune.
    Reactions: Sigony
    It's at the point of 300 lines of code that I feel pretty good about what I've done. Then I start to think about maintaining and coming back to the code later...
    Allow save-scumming?
    Poryg
    Poryg
    depends on the audience you think it should go to.
    Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    Yes. People who want to self-impose restrictions upon themselves have nothing stopping them from doing so. The technology isn't limited anymore so there is really no excuse to not let people save when they want to, especially these days, when 99.5% of all games are released effectively in a beta form with tons of bugs for paying customers to suffer through and report until they are patched out.
    Kes
    Kes
    Definitely allow save anywhere. That does not automatically translate into save-scumming. If I need to save because I need to stop playing now, I am not going to thank you if I lose progress because you were afraid I might save scum. I think players should be allowed some agency.
    fantasynamegenerators.com > descr. gens > plot generator > Writing no longer necessary.
    • Haha
    Reactions: ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    So you get contained, solid plots that at least make some sense. I suppose if you wanted to go completely random... You could setup some kind of "Mad Libs" logic chains. At some point though if it's 100% random, you'd likely get gibberish sentences, or have to write incredible logic for it to make an intelligible plot.
    Sigony
    Sigony
    Funny enough, I was planning to do that exact same thing. I think it makes the most sense for quality to make the content yourself but have it appear non-linearly.
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Yeah that's kind of the big issue, the various plot chains would either have to have a spawn order for coherence, or just be unrelated plots. I'm going to have a numbered order for the important stuff, but just have mini events that appear in any order. Probably because I'm not truly aiming for 100% random, I just wanted to save infinite time avoiding manually building maps. :LZSwink:
    Working on save-specific changes in the Map Additions plugin. Also changed it to PWYW, because the hours of work are a labor of love.
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Ah RM plugin work it's er.. "A labor of love"... I like to think of it as being on the "next level" with taxes. I can't be taxed on money I didn't earn. :kaopride:Oh wait.... maybe that's not so great. :kaoswt:
    Sigony
    Downloaded time fantasy, and it is bae.
    Reactions: Pandappuccino
    Sigony
    Sigony
    @Pandappuccino, 'tis. I just became a patron and I'm just raiding the place. It might be a bit tedious to import all of those lovely graphics. But, I think I might just do it.

@Sharm, If there were a proper usage, it wouldn't be khewl anymore.
    Sharm
    Sharm
    Ah well, I should just forget it. I'm over 40, no one actually expects me to have even heard the term before.

As for Time Fantasy, I'm a fan of pixel art packs. Maybe it's a bit silly, but I get the same kick out of anyone liking one that I approve of that I do for someone liking my art.
    Sigony
    Sigony
    @Sharm, you know, I think it could be any ridiculous word, but the context is what gives it meaning.
    I get what you mean. Like when someone likes the same tv show as you.
    Muh plugin that copies maps with plugin commands in-game has graduated from broken to working (see post for more details on that). Feelsgoodman.
    My RMMV File API is coming along. I'd like to make a container, like a Docker container, to hold the API, but that doesn't require a normal user to have Docker installed or node installed etc to run the express server. Does anyone know how to do that? Never done it before.
    I'm thinking that an express.js server that runs on the machine with the file system, and has an API to alter it will allow on-the-fly file alterations. This will take me some time.
    Well, such is the life of a noob, to make glaring oversights. RMMV loads the database once, so I'll need to come up with a way to change that... currently learning more about NWjs. This will be very complicated.
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    That's really the downside to my method, because it's constantly adding/removing stuff you always have to keep in mind the constant CPU usage. A lot of what I've done is really just to deal with the fact that MV is pretty much "trash garbage" at memory management. So 90% of the time I just go completely around it. But the results really showed in my last video. :LZSexcite:
    Sigony
    Sigony
    Yes, I think your method works well for so many particles.
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    That's kind of the plan, the created maps in my boss fight WIP (not the space maps) use almost 20,000 particles. MV would explode if you did that normally. :kaoback: 110% best slideshow ever. :LZSwink:
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Evil7 added!

I did a bit of a remake on one of the maps, also I made a particle for jumping into the portal, and one for traveling through the portal. I'll probably add more sparkles later to embellish it. :LZSwink:
Polished the animation and added details :kaojoy:
Ami
What do you think about the Wood Bridge inside of Volcano?
Yet another gaming question, i'm currently playing Last of Us 2 and want to get another game to play next but can't decide between Ghost of Tsushima, Miles Morales & Jedi Fallen Order. After the latest mandalorian i AM on a star wars kick, but i also LOVED the last spiderman game that prequels Miles Morales. Ghost of Tsushima is the bottom of my list but i heard it was AWESOME. Just want a good story & fun gameplay.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vongolavxv