Last Activity:
Jun 15, 2019
Birthday:
Apr 28, 1994 (Age: 25)

Share This Page

Silent Darkness

Robomage, 25, from Dark Realms

Veteran

Will I ever be able to look at RPGs the same after Undertale?....maybe not... Jan 15, 2016

Silent Darkness was last seen:
Jun 15, 2019
    1. Silent Darkness
      Silent Darkness
      dayum Ace's event system. STOP HOLDING MY IDEAS HOSTAGE!
    2. Silent Darkness
      Silent Darkness
      For me, making city/village areas is the most inspiration-draining thing ever.
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Silent Darkness
        Silent Darkness
        I guess one could say you are not "Solo" on this. :D

And to answer your question, making caves. And making towns drains my inspiration because I usually look at it afterwards and think, "wow, this looks sh*tty, I suck at mapping."
        Jul 22, 2014
      3. Solo
        Solo
        I see. I'm not sure what my reason is... maybe just a general lack of motivation at the moment. But everything in its time... :)
        Jul 22, 2014
      4. Matseb2611
        Matseb2611
        I am not a big fan of making towns/villages either, though for me it's mostly because it means I have to make a lot of NPCs and decide what to make them say that isn't too boring but not too time-consuming either.
        Jul 22, 2014
    3. Silent Darkness
    4. Silent Darkness
      Silent Darkness
      That moment when you put a title screen together, and it genuinely looks epic. :D
    5. Silent Darkness
      Silent Darkness
      Okay, so, people may or may not have noticed that I went inactive for months. Sorry about that, other stuff got in the way, specifically computer-related. But I have returned. :p
    6. Silent Darkness
      Silent Darkness
      So, a day or so after the whole server maintenance/server move finished(according to Nathaniel's thread at least), RPG Maker Forums still went down for me for a while. What's up with that?
      1. Alexander Amnell
        Alexander Amnell
        the internet can be fickle sometimes when you are moving stuff around... (what's up with people getting upset every time the forum goes offline for a couple of hours? I view the forums being offline as a sign that I should probably just use that time to work on my game instead. (maybe the forums need to go offline more often?))
        Jan 16, 2014
      2. Alkorri
        Alkorri
        It went down for me too a few minutes. I am so glad I learned my lesson and copied just before previewing a long post ;D
        Jan 16, 2014
    7. Silent Darkness
      Silent Darkness
      Actor 1-6, whatever your actual RTP name is, why, oh why, is your left/right walking animation like the obese waddling of a penguin? oWo
      2. Dalph
        Dalph
        The One-Eyed man is the best RTP character ever, he's a badass...don't mess with him or else you'll get hurt pal.
        Jan 12, 2014
        1 person likes this.
      3. Silent Darkness
        Silent Darkness
        Actor 1-6. The female-knight looking one. ONE-SIX.
        Jan 12, 2014
      4. djDarkX
        djDarkX
        I don't see it, but I dunno. Maybe I just like obese waddling penguins? lol
        Jan 12, 2014
    8. Silent Darkness
      Silent Darkness
      Oh, crud. I just remembered there's scheduled maintenance today.
      2. ChaoticLapras
        ChaoticLapras
        Phew...
        Jan 9, 2014
      3. Silent Darkness
        Silent Darkness
        At least there's a shutdown time. 12:00 for me.
        Jan 9, 2014
      4. ChaoticLapras
        ChaoticLapras
        Haha, I'll figure out when this will be down for me in a sec...
        Jan 9, 2014
    9. Silent Darkness
      Silent Darkness
      Don't take this the wrong way, but....why are all the really good artists I meet on the internet ALL women? Not just this forum, either. I...I don't get iet.
      2. Silent Darkness
        Silent Darkness
        Oh, I have sought before. Sadly, somehow, it only reinforced what i'm talking. So, I must be looking in the wrong places or something.
        Jan 9, 2014
      3. Dalph
        Dalph
        @Silent Darkness:

Popularity isn't always talent pal.
        Jan 9, 2014
        1 person likes this.
      4. Silent Darkness
        Silent Darkness
        Also, Nathan, this was just an offside comment. I'm not complaining, I don't have a problem with it :3
        Jan 9, 2014
    10. Silent Darkness
      Silent Darkness
      Guess who just got the Mercy of the Saint trading card? And it only took well over 200 hours.
    11. Silent Darkness
      Silent Darkness
      Turns out editing art isn't nearly as hard as from-scratching it.
      1. PixelHeart
        PixelHeart
        Absolutely!....i hate everything i make form scratch anyway...
        Jan 8, 2014
    12. Silent Darkness
      Silent Darkness
      Mapping: The weakest part of RPG Maker. Period.
      2. Clareain_Christopher
        Clareain_Christopher
        In RM Ace? Not really. You can make a pretty good looking game without parallax overlays.
        Jan 5, 2014
      3. Silent Darkness
        Silent Darkness
        Parallax has no bearing on my opinion. Especially when I open a fresh map, and look at the rtp exterior tileset, and go: How do I make this not make my eyes vomit? It usually never exceeds the passable stage for me.
        Jan 5, 2014
      4. Silent Darkness
        Silent Darkness
        I'd feel better if the damned rtp came with fences. The kind you'd put around a house. Don't they know that good fences make good neighbors? :p
        Jan 5, 2014
    13. Silent Darkness
      Silent Darkness
      So, I just lost the latter half of yesterday's work because Advanced Systemcare decided it was the perfect time to clean my clipboard. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.
      2. djDarkX
        djDarkX
        Well, my taste for Windows is still pretty sour. I must have confused MS Essentials with Advanced SystemCare. It's early...I'm too derpy to remember.
        Jan 4, 2014
      3. Silent Darkness
        Silent Darkness
        Advanced Systemcare/Malware Fighter: Iobit

MS Essentials/Defender: Microd*ck. Write it down.
        Jan 4, 2014
      4. Silent Darkness
        Silent Darkness
        But, the good news is, I wasn't 100% happy with how the scene was going anyways, so now I get to re-do it anyways :D
        Jan 4, 2014
    14. Silent Darkness
      Silent Darkness
      Working on a project with some M-rate stuff. M-rate as in Harem, except without the special arty stuff. Opinions?(speaking of which, what's the policy regarding projects with NSFW materials?)
      2. Arin
        Arin
        Don't give me that.

The whole reason I stopped working on Harem was because that kind of game isn't allowed in the first place.
        Jan 4, 2014
      3. Silent Darkness
        Silent Darkness
        Well, I have to "give you that" because i'm not in the mood for lying, Arin. For one, I am no artist, so I couldn't remake Harem if I wanted to, which I DO NOT.

So basically, i'd be better-served, and also not banned, to host it someplace else and maybe throw a link somewhere on my profile page or signature, and leave it at that. Is that the answer?
        Jan 4, 2014
      4. Silent Darkness
        Silent Darkness
        "Note: Posting project which contain/deal with religion, politics and/or sex are allowed. Just make sure that you provide a fair warning in the header of your thread."

Nevermind.
        Jan 4, 2014
    15. Silent Darkness
      Silent Darkness
      ...I'm using so many emo set pictures in my projects. I'm gonna need help remembering who to credit if it ever reaches a release.
      2. Silent Darkness
        Silent Darkness
        Because I already have all the ones I need T_T
        Jan 4, 2014
      3. Robin
        Robin
        Okay, but you said you're going to need help remembering who to credit. So why not keep track of the artists now with the resources you already have?
        Jan 4, 2014
      4. Silent Darkness
        Silent Darkness
        That's the problemo. Practically a guarantee i'll miss someone.
        Jan 4, 2014
    16. Silent Darkness
      Silent Darkness
      Looks like my friend's forum account got hacked. What now?
      2. Jarrad
        Jarrad
        Yeah, him.
        Jan 4, 2014
      3. Silent Darkness
        Jan 4, 2014
      4. Robin
        Robin
        Yeah, I figured it was him.
        Jan 4, 2014
    17. Silent Darkness
      Silent Darkness
      I don't like the RTP interior chairs, period. They look like they were made for someone way too tall D:
      2. Sharm
        Sharm
        I've always found it funny how all over the place scale is with the RTP. The necklaces especially.
        Jan 3, 2014
      3. hiromu656
        hiromu656
        Yup.
        Jan 3, 2014
      4. Silent Darkness
        Silent Darkness
        The giganticus necklace is acceptable because A: You need to be able to see that it's a necklace, and B: It can be used for a temporary event. I doubt you would use a chair as an item unless you wanted to make a Markiplier fan game.
        Jan 3, 2014
    18. Silent Darkness
      Silent Darkness
      A new year has come. A yeard full of promise, of ambition, of craziness. And of me thinking of making an all-storyline RPG Maker project.
      1. Art Gallery
        Art Gallery
        HAPPY NEW YEAR! :D
        Jan 1, 2014
    19. Silent Darkness
      Silent Darkness
      My christmas consisted of the following: Religion, METAL(Nobody Battles Pack), Rise of the Triad, and Surgeon Simulator 2013. Not bad xD
      1. Darkanine
        Darkanine
        My consisted of family, board games, giving presents and playing Starbound.
        Dec 26, 2013
      2. Silent Darkness
        Silent Darkness
        Add in some Lovecraftian horrors. I actually like to listen to A Very Scary Solstice :p
        Dec 26, 2013
    20. Silent Darkness
      Silent Darkness
      I wouldn't mind seeing a project that uses the RTP for a game the way the RPG Maker staff designed it. Seriously, I see a game's worth of crud just out of what given and suggested in the rtp files :p
      2. Silent Darkness
        Silent Darkness
        Something that feels like it was made by the staff :p

Something along the lines of: THIS IS HOW YOU DO IT
        Dec 25, 2013
      3. Eschaton
        Eschaton
        Here's a thought: Make it.
        Dec 25, 2013
      4. Silent Darkness
        Silent Darkness
        Oof. I may just try that, Eschaton.
        Dec 25, 2013
  • About

Birthday:
    Apr 28, 1994 (Age: 25)
    First Language:
    English
    I am a robomage who likes to think that they can do RPG Maker projects. Also, I roleplay heavily.

InventoryListing.exe: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15doZZhI3vakMF71lGZkHxGhY4EzvMactg31rreqdBAI/edit?usp=sharing

Planning things out for RPG Maker MV.

Signature

http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/20596-the-dark-masterspyro-fan-gameartists-needed/On hold until further notice.
    Things i'm working on:

Annex

View attachment 47908

(Thanks to RikiFive on the progress bar graphics.)

[unofficial Badges]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Interested in doing a roleplay? Then PM me, and we'll see if it can be arranged, PM or elsewhere.

INVENTORY LISTING: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15doZZhI3vakMF71lGZkHxGhY4EzvMactg31rreqdBAI/edit?usp=sharing