Last Activity:
Jul 20, 2018
Birthday:
October 1

Share This Page

Sketcy-Sketch

Hypergraphic, Female, from Planet Earth

Veteran

Ever had that moment when you're trying to work on your project, and your giant dog keeps trying to jump in your lap like a puppy? Very distracting, lol. Jun 19, 2015

Sketcy-Sketch was last seen:
Jul 20, 2018
    1. Sharm
      Sharm
      Man, I love the tiles you've got so far with your game. Cyangmou's doing an awesome job.
      1. Sketcy-Sketch
        Sketcy-Sketch
        His tiles really are beautiful! He helped me get them ready in time for my Kickstarter. I am very grateful. ^^
        Apr 10, 2014
    2. Sketcy-Sketch
      Sketcy-Sketch
      Have some awesome game music that I hope to upload today. Would have had it up yesterday, but when it comes to uploads, my computer is just so...slow! D:
      1. nio kasgami
        nio kasgami
        I understand your feeling sketcy ;_; !
        Apr 10, 2014
    3. Sketcy-Sketch
      Sketcy-Sketch
      Yay! My kickstarter is up and running! Take a look and let me know what you guys think:
      1. Vexed
        Vexed
        Really nicely put together and a simple, well executed video pitch. Wish you all the best of luck with the project and I'll certainly be keeping an eye on it and supporting how/when I can. Cause a 1920s inspired RPG sounds amazing~
        Apr 9, 2014
      2. mlogan
        mlogan
        I skimmed it - all the art work looks amazing. I can't wait to go back and read details.
        Apr 9, 2014
      3. AwesomeCool
        AwesomeCool
        Good luck. :D
        Apr 9, 2014
    4. Sketcy-Sketch
      Sketcy-Sketch
      Well, I finished my kickstarter by the date I set. Kickstarter just didn't finish approving it. I'll let you guys know when it's approved.
    5. Sketcy-Sketch
      Sketcy-Sketch
      New avatar! Though, I'm not sure if I'll keep it. I might switch back to the other one. I left the old one on my profile for now. ^^
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Dalph
        Dalph
        Lovely. :D
        Apr 5, 2014
        1 person likes this.
      3. Bonkers
        Bonkers
        It looks great
        Apr 5, 2014
      4. Sketcy-Sketch
        Sketcy-Sketch
        Apr 6, 2014
    6. Sketcy-Sketch
      Sketcy-Sketch
      I hate Kickstarter and Amazon Payments' Verification process. It makes me feel all...exposed. But, shorter than expected. They said 5-7 days. Mine was done in like 2 and a half. :D
      1. mlogan
        mlogan
        Woohoo!
        Apr 4, 2014
    7. Sketcy-Sketch
      Sketcy-Sketch
      I told my first grade class that, for typing practice, I was going to have them type two pages out of their science text books. If you know first graders, it takes them a really long time to type because they are still learning their ABCs and on top of that are trying to figure out where keys are on the keyboard. Their momentary panicky faces were so funny. They got a real laugh when I told them "April Fools."
      2. Arin
        Arin
        You're evil. :s
        Apr 2, 2014
      3. mlogan
        mlogan
        @Clydous - Yep, we sure are!

@CC - We've got to have fun too!

And evil? Eh, when you hear 30 times a day "How many worksheets do we have?" it's just called keeping your sanity. :p

They thought it was funny.
        Apr 2, 2014
      4. Sketcy-Sketch
        Sketcy-Sketch
        @mlogan: "We've got to have fun too!"

My thoughts exactly! But Wow, 20 worksheets. I would have loved to see how they reacted to that. XD

@ CorneredCosmos: Exactly. ^^

@ Clydous - Yep. It's never boring, and little kids can be hilarious. ^^
        Apr 3, 2014
    8. Sketcy-Sketch
      Sketcy-Sketch
      Yay! Just 8 more days until I open my kickstarter! *dances*
      2. wallacethepig
        wallacethepig
        Best of luck to you! :D
        Mar 30, 2014
      3. Robin
        Robin
        What's the money for?
        Mar 30, 2014
      4. Sketcy-Sketch
        Sketcy-Sketch
        The money is to pay the artists working on my game. The tile artist, the animator, scripters, the sprite artist, etc. As well, it pays for a limited number of printed copies of the game and such. So far, I've been paying for everything out of pocket as I save up--which is the main reason why work is taking so long. I'll post a link when the kickstarter goes up. :)

@wallacethepig: Thanks so much!
        Mar 30, 2014
    9. Sketcy-Sketch
      Sketcy-Sketch
      1. Lunarea
        Lunarea
        Done, though it takes a little time for the unarchive request to complete. :)
        Mar 12, 2014
      2. Sketcy-Sketch
        Sketcy-Sketch
        Thanks so much Luna! *hug*
        Mar 12, 2014
    10. Sketcy-Sketch
      Sketcy-Sketch
      Did you give your Social Security # to Amazon Payments to get a game Kickstarter page, even though Amazon has been hacked before?
      2. seita
        seita
        No security is rock solid. That being said, Amazon is a giant company that knows how to handle money and personal identification of millions of clients. If you can get around giving out your SSN to them then by all means, otherwise you're left with little choice but to bite the bullet and trust them. I did it and I was successfully able to raise funds.
        Mar 4, 2014
      3. Jomarcenter
        Jomarcenter
        Well mostly their personal info, credit card server were separated from the internet for safety reason. So I don't believed that any outside hacks will steal your identity.
        Mar 4, 2014
      4. Sketcy-Sketch
        Sketcy-Sketch
        Still don't trust them. But, I'm looking into some social security protection through LifeLock. Hopefully that will do the trick. :)
        Mar 12, 2014
    11. Sketcy-Sketch
      Sketcy-Sketch
      *Pop Quiz* For those of you happily married, how did you meet the love of your life? (*・ω・))
      2. Dalph
        Dalph
        @Alexander Amnell:

So true.

We started the conversation talking about our pets, then we talked about ourselves. :)
        Mar 3, 2014
        1 person likes this.
      3. Clydous
        Clydous
        I work at a vet's office. Maybe I'll find someone there, then? ;D
        Mar 3, 2014
      4. DesperateMeasurez
        DesperateMeasurez
        Dang. I don't have a pet. Makes note to self: Get pet immediately!
        Mar 3, 2014
    12. Sketcy-Sketch
      Sketcy-Sketch
      Having to wake up at 5:30am on my day off? That's just wrong.
      1. Clydous
        Clydous
        Could be worse...having to wake up at 5:30 to have to go to work! =P
        Mar 2, 2014
      2. Sketcy-Sketch
        Sketcy-Sketch
        It's the same time I wake for work. I had a 7 hour seminar I had to attend an hour and fifteen minutes away from my house. It wasn't bad. Just long (and I got lost twice traveling to and from, I can't navigate my way out of a paper bag! lol)
        Mar 2, 2014
    13. Sketcy-Sketch
      Sketcy-Sketch
      Ever been on a diet, buy yourself a tastey treat for the weekend as a reward, wait all week, and on Friday when you get home, see your younger brother eating it? Yep...
      2. wallacethepig
        wallacethepig
        @Dalph it's when you take something of one color any make it another color. Context: "I wanna diet."

Also make him pay you back with interest and get even more tasty treats!
        Mar 1, 2014
      3. Dalph
        Dalph
        @wallacethepig:

Man you don't get it...I know what it means...

I was just implying that I never needed it... :D
        Mar 1, 2014
        1 person likes this.
      4. Sketcy-Sketch
        Sketcy-Sketch
        @ Dalph: I think he was joking about how the word "diet" sounds like "dye it," like to color something ^^ (btw, the diet thing, so not fair D: )

@ShinGamix: Oh, I should sooo do that! XD

@Neverward: Definitely classic little brother. Good idea about making something. ♫ ♪ ♫

@Allusion: lol, I think I'll let it slide this one time since he just bought me my favorite sushi. ♥ (besides, I'd be afraid to let him do my chores, lol)
        Mar 1, 2014
    14. Sketcy-Sketch
      Sketcy-Sketch
      *drum roll* Alright! A date has been decided. On April 6th, I plan to post my project in the game project section and open up my kickstarter. There's always mixed feelings when your work goes public for the first time. lol. Like a coming of age party--for your work. XD
      2. Sketcy-Sketch
        Sketcy-Sketch
        lol, it is a bit nerve racking, I must admit. Thanks. ^^

I'm going to post the thread in project development at the same time as I launch the kickstarter. I've been working on a mockup thread to see the best way to lay it out. I'll make a status update when it's live.

@qtpi: *dancing and throwing confetti*
        Feb 28, 2014
      3. Amysaurus
        Amysaurus
        I'll be sure and make a cake :3
        Feb 28, 2014
      4. Sketcy-Sketch
        Sketcy-Sketch
        ~Yay!~ ♥ ♫ ♪ cake!
        Feb 28, 2014
    15. Sketcy-Sketch
      Sketcy-Sketch
      Does anyone know of any good web hosting sites they'd like to recommend? ^^ I was originally going with ipage, but I think I may have changed my mind.
      1. Shaz
        Shaz
        I use SiteGround. Have found their uptime to be very good, and their support is good too. AND inexpensive.
        Feb 18, 2014
      2. Sketcy-Sketch
        Sketcy-Sketch
        I'll take a look. Thanks. ^^
        Feb 18, 2014
    16. Sketcy-Sketch
      Sketcy-Sketch
      T_T I went to register the domain name for my game--the one I've been checking for years to make sure no one had it. Apparently, sometime this year, the word I made up became taken by a professor in Germany who--as it turns out--has the same last name as the one I made up. He's not even using it. He only uses the address to forward to his profile on the university site. I seem to have no luck...
      2. Frostyfirefly
        Frostyfirefly
        A minor setback.
        Feb 17, 2014
      3. Sketcy-Sketch
        Sketcy-Sketch
        yeah, it's a little frustrating, but I've been trying to think up other easy-to-remember and creative site names. Thanks everyone. ^^

@Clydous: *hug*
        Feb 17, 2014
      4. Sketcy-Sketch
        Sketcy-Sketch
        Victory! New domain name. This one sounds more professional anyway. :D
        Feb 22, 2014
    17. Sketcy-Sketch
      Sketcy-Sketch
      I love the sound of all the different languages. It makes me wish I could speak all of them. There's just too many to learn!! ^^
      1. Sharm
        Sharm
        I agree. I also love how the more you learn about a language, the more you understand your own and how and why it came to be.
        Feb 11, 2014
      2. Dalph
        Dalph
        Try learning italian, you'll have a lot of fun, although it's a bit hard.

If you want, I can give you some lessons...ahah
        Feb 11, 2014
        1 person likes this.
      3. Sketcy-Sketch
        Sketcy-Sketch
        @ Sharm: I agree! ^^

@Dalph: I've always wanted to learn italian, but right now I'm working on reinforcing my Spanish and Japanese.
        Feb 12, 2014
    18. Sketcy-Sketch
      Sketcy-Sketch
      Bwahaha--that moment when you finally find the weak point in your story that's been bothering you. Now, time to strike it at it's core. *cracks knuckles and stretches neck*
      1. Amysaurus
        Amysaurus
        SHOW NO MERCY :3
        Feb 8, 2014
      2. Sketcy-Sketch
        Sketcy-Sketch
        Roger that.
        Feb 8, 2014
    19. Sketcy-Sketch
      Sketcy-Sketch
      Anyone know of any good kickstarters right now?
      2. Engr. Adiktuzmiko
        Engr. Adiktuzmiko
        Skyrim + Mount and Blade is a nice merge...
        Feb 6, 2014
      3. Confederacy
        Confederacy
        The less Skyrim inspiration though, the better.
        Feb 6, 2014
      4. Sketcy-Sketch
        Sketcy-Sketch
        Some of these look really nice. I did mean for video games, but while I was looking I also found this lovely project for a movie that I could not resist:

Feb 7, 2014
    20. Sketcy-Sketch
      Sketcy-Sketch
      Does anyone know how to insert a link into the community status updates? Just curious for future reference.
      1. Shaz
        Shaz
        You can only do it in the original update, not in a comment.
        Feb 2, 2014
      2. Engr. Adiktuzmiko
        Engr. Adiktuzmiko
        you can still put a link on the comment, it just won't "link"...
        Feb 2, 2014
      3. Sketcy-Sketch
        Sketcy-Sketch
        Ah, thanks you two. I appreciate it. That's what I was doing wrong. ^^
        Feb 2, 2014
  • About

Birthday:
    October 1
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Online Name: Sketcy-Sketch
    Why: I originally tried to type "Sketchy-Sketch" but forgot the "h" in "Sketchy."

Career: English Teacher (so I may be less active during school seasons)

Hobbies: Writing (a lot), drawing (a little--more like sketching), Game Making
    Education: Cinema and Movies / Creative Writing / English

About Me:
    Howdy! For those of you who don't know me, I'm a writer by trade and I like to dabble a little bit in resource editing, though comparatively I'm still not very good compared to many. But, if my resources can help you out, go for it! I'm glad I could be of service! I love Finding People Who Think Outside the Box, as well as helping them to think outside the box. After all, there's a world of opportunities being overlooked right in front of you!

Other Forums: rpgmakervx.net (from Spring 2010 to Fall 2014) RIP
    Position: Resource Staff / Moderator

Game: Broeder: Secrets of Ohr
    Check out the Deviantart Page: http://broeder-rpg.deviantart.com/
    Game Release Date: -to be announced-
    Game Topic Posted: Posted!
    Kickstarter Launch Date: April 7th, 2014

[​IMG]

[​IMG]   [​IMG]

♫ Writing! I love to write! ♫

Signature

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

My Shops:
       [​IMG]