Sketcy-Sketch
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Man, I love the tiles you've got so far with your game. Cyangmou's doing an awesome job.
    Sketcy-Sketch
    Sketcy-Sketch
    His tiles really are beautiful! He helped me get them ready in time for my Kickstarter. I am very grateful. ^^
    Have some awesome game music that I hope to upload today. Would have had it up yesterday, but when it comes to uploads, my computer is just so...slow! D:
    nio kasgami
    nio kasgami
    I understand your feeling sketcy ;_; !
    Vexed
    Vexed
    Really nicely put together and a simple, well executed video pitch. Wish you all the best of luck with the project and I'll certainly be keeping an eye on it and supporting how/when I can. Cause a 1920s inspired RPG sounds amazing~
    mlogan
    mlogan
    I skimmed it - all the art work looks amazing. I can't wait to go back and read details.
    AwesomeCool
    AwesomeCool
    Good luck. :D
    Well, I finished my kickstarter by the date I set. Kickstarter just didn't finish approving it. I'll let you guys know when it's approved.
    I hate Kickstarter and Amazon Payments' Verification process. It makes me feel all...exposed. But, shorter than expected. They said 5-7 days. Mine was done in like 2 and a half. :D
    I told my first grade class that, for typing practice, I was going to have them type two pages out of their science text books. If you know first graders, it takes them a really long time to type because they are still learning their ABCs and on top of that are trying to figure out where keys are on the keyboard. Their momentary panicky faces were so funny. They got a real laugh when I told them "April Fools."
    Arin
    Arin
    You're evil. :s
    mlogan
    mlogan
    @Clydous - Yep, we sure are!

@CC - We've got to have fun too!

And evil? Eh, when you hear 30 times a day "How many worksheets do we have?" it's just called keeping your sanity. :p

They thought it was funny.
    Sketcy-Sketch
    Sketcy-Sketch
    @mlogan: "We've got to have fun too!"

My thoughts exactly! But Wow, 20 worksheets. I would have loved to see how they reacted to that. XD

@ CorneredCosmos: Exactly. ^^

@ Clydous - Yep. It's never boring, and little kids can be hilarious. ^^
    Yay! Just 8 more days until I open my kickstarter! *dances*
    wallacethepig
    wallacethepig
    Best of luck to you! :D
    Robin
    Robin
    What's the money for?
    Sketcy-Sketch
    Sketcy-Sketch
    The money is to pay the artists working on my game. The tile artist, the animator, scripters, the sprite artist, etc. As well, it pays for a limited number of printed copies of the game and such. So far, I've been paying for everything out of pocket as I save up--which is the main reason why work is taking so long. I'll post a link when the kickstarter goes up. :)

@wallacethepig: Thanks so much!
    Did you give your Social Security # to Amazon Payments to get a game Kickstarter page, even though Amazon has been hacked before?
    seita
    seita
    No security is rock solid. That being said, Amazon is a giant company that knows how to handle money and personal identification of millions of clients. If you can get around giving out your SSN to them then by all means, otherwise you're left with little choice but to bite the bullet and trust them. I did it and I was successfully able to raise funds.
    Jomarcenter
    Jomarcenter
    Well mostly their personal info, credit card server were separated from the internet for safety reason. So I don't believed that any outside hacks will steal your identity.
    Sketcy-Sketch
    Sketcy-Sketch
    Still don't trust them. But, I'm looking into some social security protection through LifeLock. Hopefully that will do the trick. :)
    *Pop Quiz* For those of you happily married, how did you meet the love of your life? (*・ω・))
    Dalph
    Dalph
    @Alexander Amnell:

So true.

We started the conversation talking about our pets, then we talked about ourselves. :)
    ThatMaestroGuy
    ThatMaestroGuy
    I work at a vet's office. Maybe I'll find someone there, then? ;D
    DesperateMeasurez
    DesperateMeasurez
    Dang. I don't have a pet. Makes note to self: Get pet immediately!
    Having to wake up at 5:30am on my day off? That's just wrong.
    ThatMaestroGuy
    ThatMaestroGuy
    Could be worse...having to wake up at 5:30 to have to go to work! =P
    Sketcy-Sketch
    Sketcy-Sketch
    It's the same time I wake for work. I had a 7 hour seminar I had to attend an hour and fifteen minutes away from my house. It wasn't bad. Just long (and I got lost twice traveling to and from, I can't navigate my way out of a paper bag! lol)
    Ever been on a diet, buy yourself a tastey treat for the weekend as a reward, wait all week, and on Friday when you get home, see your younger brother eating it? Yep...
    wallacethepig
    wallacethepig
    @Dalph it's when you take something of one color any make it another color. Context: "I wanna diet."

Also make him pay you back with interest and get even more tasty treats!
    Dalph
    Dalph
    @wallacethepig:

Man you don't get it...I know what it means...

I was just implying that I never needed it... :D
    Sketcy-Sketch
    Sketcy-Sketch
    @ Dalph: I think he was joking about how the word "diet" sounds like "dye it," like to color something ^^ (btw, the diet thing, so not fair D: )

@ShinGamix: Oh, I should sooo do that! XD

@Neverward: Definitely classic little brother. Good idea about making something. ♫ ♪ ♫

@Allusion: lol, I think I'll let it slide this one time since he just bought me my favorite sushi. ♥ (besides, I'd be afraid to let him do my chores, lol)
    *drum roll* Alright! A date has been decided. On April 6th, I plan to post my project in the game project section and open up my kickstarter. There's always mixed feelings when your work goes public for the first time. lol. Like a coming of age party--for your work. XD
    Sketcy-Sketch
    Sketcy-Sketch
    lol, it is a bit nerve racking, I must admit. Thanks. ^^

I'm going to post the thread in project development at the same time as I launch the kickstarter. I've been working on a mockup thread to see the best way to lay it out. I'll make a status update when it's live.

@qtpi: *dancing and throwing confetti*
    Amysaurus
    Amysaurus
    I'll be sure and make a cake :3
    Sketcy-Sketch
    Sketcy-Sketch
    ~Yay!~ ♥ ♫ ♪ cake!
    Does anyone know of any good web hosting sites they'd like to recommend? ^^ I was originally going with ipage, but I think I may have changed my mind.
    Shaz
    Shaz
    I use SiteGround. Have found their uptime to be very good, and their support is good too. AND inexpensive.
    Sketcy-Sketch
    Sketcy-Sketch
    I'll take a look. Thanks. ^^
    T_T I went to register the domain name for my game--the one I've been checking for years to make sure no one had it. Apparently, sometime this year, the word I made up became taken by a professor in Germany who--as it turns out--has the same last name as the one I made up. He's not even using it. He only uses the address to forward to his profile on the university site. I seem to have no luck...
    Frostyfirefly
    Frostyfirefly
    A minor setback.
    Sketcy-Sketch
    Sketcy-Sketch
    yeah, it's a little frustrating, but I've been trying to think up other easy-to-remember and creative site names. Thanks everyone. ^^

@Clydous: *hug*
    Sketcy-Sketch
    Sketcy-Sketch
    Victory! New domain name. This one sounds more professional anyway. :D
    I love the sound of all the different languages. It makes me wish I could speak all of them. There's just too many to learn!! ^^
    Sharm
    Sharm
    I agree. I also love how the more you learn about a language, the more you understand your own and how and why it came to be.
    Dalph
    Dalph
    Try learning italian, you'll have a lot of fun, although it's a bit hard.

If you want, I can give you some lessons...ahah
    Sketcy-Sketch
    Sketcy-Sketch
    @ Sharm: I agree! ^^

@Dalph: I've always wanted to learn italian, but right now I'm working on reinforcing my Spanish and Japanese.
    Bwahaha--that moment when you finally find the weak point in your story that's been bothering you. Now, time to strike it at it's core. *cracks knuckles and stretches neck*
    Anyone know of any good kickstarters right now?
    Does anyone know how to insert a link into the community status updates? Just curious for future reference.
    Shaz
    Shaz
    You can only do it in the original update, not in a comment.
    Engr. Adiktuzmiko
    Engr. Adiktuzmiko
    you can still put a link on the comment, it just won't "link"...
    Sketcy-Sketch
    Sketcy-Sketch
    Ah, thanks you two. I appreciate it. That's what I was doing wrong. ^^
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

TextBox like JRPG (Retro):
halloween_test_img.png
Memory of a Halloween party.

SCRAP IT OR KEEP IT?
Studying more game mechanics and game design... If someone have some tips, I would be happy to read!
I finally caved and bought myself a Switch.
I'm having some trouble finding an established sub-genre to classify our current project. Effervesce Fallacy™ is loosely based on chaos theory . . . does anyone know what this sub-genre is called?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erebo