Sketcy-Sketch
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Wow, kingdom hearts is actually a really cute game! ♥ It's like I'm playing final fantasy and reliving my childhood all at once, lol. XD
    Sketcy-Sketch
    Sketcy-Sketch
    lol, I was just playing around with the gumi ship builder thing last night. I was thinking "legos" too for some reason. I'm quite terrible at it, though. XD
    Engr. Adiktuzmiko
    Engr. Adiktuzmiko
    I really like gummi ships...
    Sketcy-Sketch
    Sketcy-Sketch
    lol, me too. I've become quite good at collecting shiny things in the space between worlds. I'm still trying to figure out how to fully use them, though.
    Just saw The Hobbit in theaters tonight. I think I watched like 90% of the spider scene through my fingers. Did I ever mention I hate spiders? o_O
    Alexander Amnell
    Alexander Amnell
    I am also unnaturally terrified of spiders.
    Alkorri
    Alkorri
    My favourite part ;>
    Shaz
    Shaz
    I can totally understand that.
    Just went to look for my old resource topic and couldn't find it. Found out it's in the archives for some reason? o_O Can I no longer add my resources to it?
    Sketcy-Sketch
    Sketcy-Sketch
    Meh. There are a lot of old / deleted links in the old one anyway. I'll just make a new one if I can't find the unarchive button. Thanks you two! I appreciate it. :)
    Shaz
    Shaz
    Nah - archiving is being reversed. If you give it just a little bit, your thread should be back and you can update it again :)
    Sketcy-Sketch
    Sketcy-Sketch
    Ah, okay. Thanks so much! I appreciate the heads up. ^^
    *dances with excitement* I'm starting to think I can release a topic for my game in the project development section sometime in March or April if all goes well. Can't wait. XD
    Frostyfirefly
    Frostyfirefly
    Congrats, it was about time! ;)
    Sketcy-Sketch
    Sketcy-Sketch
    hee,hee, Sorry about that, I'm a bit of a perfectionist. ^^
    Wyn Wizard
    Wyn Wizard
    I know the feels.. I was supposed to put mine out a week ago, but im debating on whether I should include quests in a dungeon runner.
    For those of you who currently use tablets, about how long did it take you to learn to use it without looking like a first grader? XD
    Chaos Avian
    Chaos Avian
    A couple weeks for me.
    Sketcy-Sketch
    Sketcy-Sketch
    Thanks for sharing everyone! (That makes me feel a little better now) I've been practicing for a week now. I was just curious. ^^
    marimo
    marimo
    Took me a couple of months to get used to when I first started...after getting used it tho, it doesn't take as long to adjust to other new tablets.
    It is so HARD drawing on a tablet! I'm using one for the first time now, and I can't even draw a circle or square right. It looks like a preschooler. XD
    Clareain_Christopher
    Clareain_Christopher
    You'll get use to it. Seriously. I don't even know how to draw with a pencil anymore.
    Sharm
    Sharm
    Took me a long time too. Remember it's a new medium your learning but it's totally worth it.
    Sketcy-Sketch
    Sketcy-Sketch
    Thanks for all the encouragement! I've been practicing. It still looks horrible, but not as bad as it did yesterday. Yay! ♫ ♪ ♫
    No heat on at work today. Was 11 degrees F. Needless to say, I was cold...
    Amysaurus
    Amysaurus
    D: That's awful. I know I was miserable cashiering by the door yesterday!
    Sketcy-Sketch
    Sketcy-Sketch
    lol, I think I like the idea of snow and cold a lot more than I like the cold. ^^
    So, finally broke down and bought the KH series. I'm starting with this new one for the PS3, the one called "Final Mix." Hope it's good.
    Silent Darkness
    Silent Darkness
    I agree with all the comments above except for ShinGamix. KH forever.
    Eschaton
    Eschaton
    I hate JRPGs. I hate Disney movies. That said, Kingdom Hearts is a fantastic freakin' game.
    Chaos Avian
    Chaos Avian
    Disney is evil. Of course I'd enjoy Kingdom Heart, the fridge horror and brilliance is fabulous once you connect all the dots from each of the games.
    Oh my gosh, Camtasia recorder is the best I've seen so far for recording desktop material like gameplay and tutorials! ^^
    Oriceles
    Oriceles
    If I learned something on Youtube is that Hyper-Cam is a nice choice
    Arin
    Arin
    Or Bandicam.
    Sketcy-Sketch
    Sketcy-Sketch
    I'm only using the trail version right now, but I'll definitely check those out as well. ^^
    I'm going to open up a parallax mapping shop. Not sure if that's something people need or not, but I'll give it a try. :p
    Sketcy-Sketch
    Sketcy-Sketch
    lol, I know. parallax mapping can drive me nuts from time to time! That's why I thought it might be a good idea for those who want the look, but don't want to do the mapping part. ^^
    Neverward
    Neverward
    That's really a great idea! I say go for it ;)
    Frostyfirefly
    Frostyfirefly
    Good luck!
    I use to draw a lot, but got out of practice when I entered college. I use to work pen and paper, but now that I've graduated and have some free time to draw again, I'm thinking I should buy a table. Any suggestions or advice for picking one out?
    I think I'll try and learn to sprite. It seems so hard. >_<
    Art Gallery
    It's Hard But Fun ;D
    Frostyfirefly
    Frostyfirefly
    It takes patience and practice methinks, like all good things in life.
    Sketcy-Sketch
    Sketcy-Sketch
    @zachfoss: lol, I guess I am.

@Dalph: probably rpgmakervx.net

@Art Gallery and Frostyfirefly: It was fun for my first sprite I did, but it took me like five hours just for that single frame. XD
    Need your opinion. What would you say, other than English, are the two leading languages RPGs are done in? I'm planning on an English default version, and 1 or 2 other language translations. I was thinking Spanish or Japanese, but it's a lot of work translating an entire script. So, I want to be sure what sub will benefit the most people. ;)
    T.Bit
    T.Bit
    Well, you can't do that. But you can punch a bear.
    Frostyfirefly
    Frostyfirefly
    Punchbabies, the exciting new installment in the Punchsomething series; rated P for Psychotic.
    Sketcy-Sketch
    Sketcy-Sketch
    @ Eschaton: lol. ^^

@ Frostyfirefly: Thanks for the offer. I appreciate it. ;)

Thanks everyone. So, for certain, the first option other than English would be Spanish. Still not set on the third language, if I even choose one. As I thought, Japanese may not be the best option to benefit the majority of players.
    Ah, that day you discover that a word you made up is actually a word in a different language...At least it wasn't anything bad, lol. Be careful when making up words. :p
    NPC
    NPC
    I've done that way too many times to count. It happens when many words are built similarly.
    Frostyfirefly
    Frostyfirefly
    That has never happened to me, but then again, I'm a man of few made up words.
    Sketcy-Sketch
    Sketcy-Sketch
    Mine was not an offensive word, thank goodness. It ends up simply translating to "brother." Still, a little awkward to learn that you're not as original as you thought. :p It's a little funny, though. ♫ ♪ ♫
    Lol, the ice storm knocked out our power. Went all night without power. It came back on this afternoon. ~COLD~ :D
    ShinGamix
    ShinGamix
    Send heat your way!!
    Sketcy-Sketch
    Sketcy-Sketch
    @ShinGamix: Thank you, thank you. ^_^

@Radiant Arin: lol, you don't want this kind. It's not snow, just ice. Freezing rain, to be exact. It's pretty to see the crystallized trees, but man does it do a lot of damage!
    Arin
    Arin
    Ooh...

yea, that must suck.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Have spent too much time hammering out with a friend just how to make a reoccurring enemy that permanently learns skills you use against her.
I know what I want in a loose sense. Maybe I should just make a post asking for opinions and suggestions.
Shoot Enemy Off-Screen, Run RPG Maker Game as a Web Server, & Thai Keyboard | RPG Maker News #109

Some people have too strong of an opinion about what maker is the best, I've seen discussions like:
- I prefer VXAce because I like the style of the RTP better than the older releases
- You're worse than Hitler
My number one take away from this game jam is to make small games that are as polished and bug free as possible. Far less dev time, and if the game flops, it matters less because my time investment is much lower. Also, whatever ambitions I have... aim for about 10% of them. They are clearly too high, and will involve stuff that likely won't matter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hattalu