SLEEP
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Undertale is one of many games over the last couple years getting attention for challenging the conventional wisdom games need to be about killing things to be engaging and/or fun. But in jRPG form!
    looking at the bigger tilesets in mv has got me looking at half kaiser sprites again.... who remembers half kaiser. im sorry everyone
    Avery
    Avery
    I remember it. But ugh, think about how long it would take to create just a few costum sprites in that style for your game.
    richter_h
    richter_h
    If I can say, it would take extra couple of hours. 48x48 sprites need more detailings, but that's par with the quality and visibility
    EternalShadow
    EternalShadow
    Broken Sword 5 was almost uncompletable for me for that exact reason.
    Matseb2611
    Matseb2611
    This is something many of us often take for granted, but those all are good points. I admit I am guilty of missing out on some of those issues in my games. However, it can also be pretty hard and a load of extra work having to fulfill the need of every single gamer. So the right balance is required.

One thing they missed also (I didn't see it mentioned) are the flashing lights. They can cause some people to have seizures, so it's always good to have a warning beforehand if a game...
    Matseb2611
    Matseb2611
    ...has this stuff in it.
    When I play a game I don't want to play a game, I don't know where all this 'i want to play a game' stuff comes from
    consider making your protagonist be in hot yaoi love with your antagonist.
    Probotector 200X
    Probotector 200X
    I'm sure I have at least one story concept like that, lol.
    Dalph
    Dalph
    Let's do that for the insane yaoi fangirls.
    Solo
    Solo
    Fascinating, and revolutionary. If I were Sleep, I would have kept this to myself and not let anyone else know about it until I'd already implemented it.
    statistically speaking, ur rpg maker project will never get finished
    Milkdud
    Milkdud
    I haven't opened up RPG Maker in months. This statistic is true!
    Deleted
    Well, this status update has just depressed me :/
    ??????
    ??????
    Also - those that do finish are statistically - poop!

There are always exceptions though :)
    imagine a video game where you cant die, just like in real life.
    Luminous Warrior
    Luminous Warrior
    @SLEEP, I assume you mean death is permanent.

@Thalzon, That sounds HORRIBLE! I've never played that game, but I've heard that it is nigh impossible.
    SLEEP
    SLEEP
    i meant what i typed
    Psyker
    Psyker
    Amnesia: Justine! This was a game that if you died you had to start the entire game over. Takes about 45 minutes to an hour to complete but can be difficult. This came with Amnesia: The Dark Descent.
    carve "the rtp isn't bad" on my tombstone, so my skeleton and ghost keep their priorities straight
    the primary sexual dimorphism in RTP sprites is the arms... kinda hosed up.
    EternalShadow
    Chaos Avian
    Chaos Avian
    Yeah, the males have their arms at almost a 90 degree angle while the women's are just straight-ish.
    when making a game, consider your audience of terrifying alien snappers
    Dalph
    Dalph
    What if I fell aSLEEP during the development?
    i'm a pretty unlikeable protagonist
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    I need to add you into my game then. It's really hard to make a protagonist unlikable as well as likable at the same time...
    NPC
    NPC
    Speaking of unlikable, likable protagonists: My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU
    jRPG design, it's uhh... like making a platform game, right? links egoraptor video where he spends 5 minutes pretending to yell at a young girl as a skit. that'll learn you some game design.
    My game will let you do anything. Kill NPCs! Kill Shopkeepers! Kill your friends! And THE SEX. Yep, everything.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Ami
--- Surprise Part 2 ---

F.Healer: Look,i'm the Cute White Ghost!
F.Mage: And,im the Scary Witch!
M.Archer: I'm The Handsome Vampire!
M.Fighter: AWOOOOOOO!!!
(Suddenly,The Electricity Is Turned Off. Then Turned On 10 Seconds Later)
Hero: (With Scream Mask & Bloody Knife) Hey,how about my Costume?
Entire Party: (Screaming Until Faint)

230 paths... roughly 250 light sources on the screen... One serious lag fiesta... But I finally got it all the screen at once. I guess I could have also just made an event to spawn each one in exactly the location I needed, but that's sooo much less fun. :LZSwink:
A wee radio thing I made months and months and months ago. 2020 has felt like such a long year. Maybe made this before 2020.IDK anymore.

Made this one much more recently.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kwoit