Last Activity:
May 20, 2019 at 1:40 AM
Birthday:
Sep 11, 1991 (Age: 27)

Share This Page

sleepy_sealion

Need to work harder!, Male, 27

Veteran

Making tiles is strangely relaxing. But boy does it eat up time fast. :( May 16, 2019 at 11:55 PM

sleepy_sealion was last seen:
May 20, 2019 at 1:40 AM
    1. sleepy_sealion
      sleepy_sealion
      Making tiles is strangely relaxing. But boy does it eat up time fast. :(
      1. Ebanyle
        Ebanyle
        Last time I spent 3 hours just editing an autotile :dizzy:
        May 17, 2019 at 1:15 AM
    2. sleepy_sealion
      sleepy_sealion
      Part of me wants to just plop my personal scripts online so I can get help with them. But then people might take it. So I don't know.
    3. sleepy_sealion
      sleepy_sealion
      Been thinking about scrapping this diagonal movement script I made. Turns out area's feel bigger when you can only move 4 directions.
    4. sleepy_sealion
      sleepy_sealion
      Making small compromises with what I need and don't need is a step in the right direction I guess?
    5. sleepy_sealion
      sleepy_sealion
      The thing holding me back the most - is that I want to go nuts and have fun with my games plot but at the same time want to play it safe.
      1. Vance Raehart
        Vance Raehart
        My advice, don’t play it safe. Experiment with controversial elements, it will definitely catch the players eye. Yes, it will definitely offend people. Anything can offend anyone. Don’t let anyone hold you back, other wise it’s not really your dream story plot/masterpiece. It never will be because you didn’t make it from how you really wanted.
        Mar 14, 2019
        sleepy_sealion and SpaceBot like this.
    6. sleepy_sealion
      sleepy_sealion
      If there's one rpg game I wish I could go back in time and play - it would be Secret of Evermore. I'm a sap for a boy and his dog stories.
      1. BadLittleSeed likes this.
      2. BadLittleSeed
        BadLittleSeed
        Oh man... I can hear those weird gurgling sounds in the Jungle/Bugmuck already. And that first boss? Great nostalgia!
        Mar 11, 2019
        sleepy_sealion likes this.
      3. sleepy_sealion
        sleepy_sealion
        It looks like such a neat little game - I wish I could have tried it.
        Mar 14, 2019
        BadLittleSeed likes this.
    7. sleepy_sealion
      sleepy_sealion
      Feeling a bit better giving myself time to try out sprite making. Though I struggle getting a decent perspective.
      1. Sharm
        Sharm
        RPG perspective is so tricky!
        Mar 10, 2019
    8. sleepy_sealion
      sleepy_sealion
      Keep forgetting how loud the default sound settings are and keep getting jump scared by Ace's default music.
      1. melancholy-sama and Lemonrice like this.
      2. Lemonrice
        Lemonrice
        Happens to me in mv as well, everytime I forget to turn off the Sounds, so now I triple check it everytime before testing
        Mar 9, 2019
      3. TheoAllen
        TheoAllen
        I always set my master volume at low, so never had a problem with it. But true, the default title screen is quite a jumpscare.
        Mar 9, 2019
    9. sleepy_sealion
      sleepy_sealion
      Been awhile since I posted here. Hope everyone's games have been going well!
      1. Finnuval and Mordridakon like this.
    10. sleepy_sealion
      sleepy_sealion
      Touched rpg maker for the first time in weeks. There really was a lot I was making that I just don't need.
      1. Sauteed_Onion and Artificer like this.
    11. sleepy_sealion
      sleepy_sealion
      Kind of hard to be hopeful lately. Feels like everything is going wrong. Wish this could be fun again.
      1. Marsigne likes this.
      2. Marsigne
        Marsigne
        If there's nothing that makes you relax, try meditating and think about your environment, and see if it makes a difference. :)
        Dec 13, 2018
    12. sleepy_sealion
      sleepy_sealion
      coffee is the devil.
      1. Marsigne and Finnuval like this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. RetroExcellent
        RetroExcellent
        TBH a bite of dark chocolate is far more healthy and provides a good boost to energy. I don't drink caffeine anymore, and this works wonders for me.
        Dec 11, 2018
        Marsigne likes this.
      4. Marsigne
        Marsigne
        I don't mind it, but the strong effect gives me a chill sometimes, haha.
        Dec 11, 2018
        MushroomCake28 likes this.
      5. MushroomCake28
        MushroomCake28
        Sometimes you need to make a pact with the devil to succeed, especially when the exam period comes.
        Dec 11, 2018
        Marsigne and Finnuval like this.
    13. sleepy_sealion
      sleepy_sealion
      Indecision is still a huge problem. But I spent some time today learning how to work the status menu. And got a result I like a lot better.
      1. Marsigne and Finnuval like this.
      2. Marsigne
        Marsigne
        Improvement is nice!
        Dec 5, 2018
    14. sleepy_sealion
      sleepy_sealion
      Going through my latest script testing ground, and trying to organize things. It's pretty messy right now.
    15. sleepy_sealion
      sleepy_sealion
      been losing interest in game making - told myself I had so much ideas, but none were fleshed out. Burnt out - might just need a break.
      1. View previous comments...
      2. RetroExcellent
        RetroExcellent
        I found that when I start to falter, I can get inspired by helping someone else with a small part of their project, be it an eventing system or a sprite or two.
        Nov 21, 2018
        sleepy_sealion and Finnuval like this.
      3. sleepy_sealion
        sleepy_sealion
        Know any short projects to try out? Maybe one's in ACE since that's what I'm using.
        Nov 21, 2018
      4. bgillisp
        bgillisp
        Eric makes his bed. Or Eric rescues Mr Whiskers the housecat.
        Nov 21, 2018
    16. sleepy_sealion
      sleepy_sealion
      Managed to figure out how to get battlers to use sprite sheets. Animated battlers are a possibility now - so that's some good progress down.
    17. sleepy_sealion
      sleepy_sealion
      Somebody get the Flex Tape!
    18. sleepy_sealion
      sleepy_sealion
      Need to figure out how the animations play sheets like gifs. Hoping it won't be too hard.
      1. TheoAllen
        TheoAllen
        RPG::Animation ?
        Nov 15, 2018
      2. sleepy_sealion
        sleepy_sealion
        I should have said Sprite Character. I'm starting to get why they use sprite sheets instead of gifs.
        Nov 15, 2018
    19. sleepy_sealion
      sleepy_sealion
      I need to start learning to fail faster more.
    20. sleepy_sealion
      sleepy_sealion
      Understand how to make auto tiles to work, don't know how to get houses/cliffs to merge together. Maps are not my thing.
      1. l8rose likes this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. l8rose
        l8rose
        Generally not that hard if you have the bits of pieces already made. I generally just make sections in MV's editor and then put them together in photoshop when I can't get it to look right in the editor.
        Nov 10, 2018
      4. sleepy_sealion
        sleepy_sealion
        You know, thanks. I'm gonna give it a shot and see if I can do some maps with it. I like drawing better than tiling.
        Nov 10, 2018
      5. l8rose
        l8rose
        You're quite welcome. Just remember to set the file name properly for parallax mapping and you should be golden. =]
        Nov 10, 2018
  • About

Birthday:
    Sep 11, 1991 (Age: 27)
    First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Interests:
    Drawing, Animating, Dogs, Seals/Sealions