sleepy_sealion
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Awarded medals About

• Think I'm gonna get ready for a break soon. Please don't disturb the turtles.
    Dvk2Zbp.gif
    This was the plugin I was going to release awhile back. Any time you had more than the party limit, the game would put you in this scene. Just a really basic party storage thing.
    I don't know if having events (with comment) auto-erase themselves actually helps frame-rate.
    ATT_Turan
    ATT_Turan
    I shouldn't think that an event with a stepping animation at that speed would have any discernible effect on framerate. But I could be wrong, and things can work differently on different systems.
    sleepy_sealion
    sleepy_sealion
    Oh, this was more of an example. But I was thinking of adding more events, and was wondering if erasing them when they're out of sight would prevent too much lag later on.
    Wonder how time consuming it would be to remake an Ace map into Mz...
    Arthran
    Arthran
    If you intend to use the same tiles, it should be super fast. IIRC, Shaz made an Ace script that exports all the map and database files into MV format. MZ uses the same format as MV. So you should be able to use Shaz's script to export the map into a format that you can open on MZ. Then you could either upscale your Ace tileset, or just set MZ to use 32x32 tiles, and you'll be done.
    sleepy_sealion
    sleepy_sealion
    Happy to report that it does indeed work!
    Why is coding so addictive?
    Alador
    Alador
    if(code.isWorking == true){
    brain.dopamine++;
    }
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    Continuing what gstv87 said, if you pair "I don't want to ..." (client request) with "it doesn't work", you might change your mind.
    Arctica
    If you cannot do anything else that requires physical work, you can be sure coding will be the thing that keeps your brain in good working order for years to come lol.
    Somedays I wonder if it's better to give up on game stuff so I can focus only on other things. And just give away the code I've been making.
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    Me, basically.
    Arctica
    It's a mental task and thus your brain gets exhausted. I've taken a lot of breaks from my project to enjoy other parts of my life.
    Going back and forth between your Ace Battle Engine and Mz one, you seem to start flip flopping which one has nil, and which one has null.
    I used to think rpg's were kind of lazy when they recolored enemies or didn't animate them with a million poses. Though after dabbling with game dev I can see that it's a lot more realistic to work like that.
    I feel like I've been putting in a lot of work for a free, 20 minute, one map game. But I just want the game to live up to it's full potential.
    Going back and looking at the original battler sprites - and wondering why I felt the need to try and change things when they looked fine already, the only thing that needed fixing was the map tiles. It's apparent I lack discipline or self-control.
    hkASrux.png
    Reactions: ct_bolt
    Artisticdog
    Artisticdog
    Oooh that’s really cool actually, like the layout of the options!
    I don't know if it's a mentality thing. But sometimes when I leave the project for a few days, and then come back - you suddenly know how to fix/balance things when you haven't been looking into them for a bit.
    Ahuramazda
    Ahuramazda
    I think it is because while working on it, esp if it keeps failing what you're expecting, begins to get on your nerves... and when agitated people tend to start making mistakes and it is a semi-endless loop. Give a small break and come back with a clear head and a lot of times I've found I see things that should have been obvious from the get-go on an issue.
    Reactions: Nenen
    gstv87
    gstv87
    it's the proverbial "take a step back" or "look at it from a different angle"
    I've been unable to do any actual work on my project because I can't operate the controls as efficiently.... but I can still piece it apart in my head.
    I mean, Stephen Hawking was paralyzed and he could bend astrophysics in his head, so, turning a 3D model upside down should be a piece of cake.
    I do really prefer ruby and the built-in editor to JS lately. But MZ has a much better set up than Ace with literally everything else.
    Arthran
    Arthran
    I actually much prefer being able to use an external editor. Life is much easier with code completion, intellisense, refactoring shortcuts, auto-formatting, the ability to have multiple source files pulled up side-by-side, or even in multiple monitors, the ability to be able to look through your database and even playtest the game while writing code, etc.
    Arthran
    Arthran
    Btw, if you aren't using VS Code to write your MZ plugins, then you probably should be.
    sleepy_sealion
    sleepy_sealion
    I've been using Notepad++ to write code stuff. Though I still kind of prefer ruby to JS.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

ScreenShot_10_3_2022_4_27_17.png
welp, thanks to Luna MV, I was able to add the Balloon as a window... thus allowing me to edit the font color and outline... so now it looks like comic bubbles above characters. I have NO idea why I couldn't get this to work through more conventional means, but here we are.
CUTE CUTE CUTE.gif
I cannot cease doing cute art
War and Wonder is a 100% choice-based open-world visual novel.
1664821313732.png
1664821466359.png
1664821547746.png
Going live soon on Twitch, and will continue Fortunastreet's game "Verloren". For those who are curious, you are welcome to join ;)

-> Franz' Twitch channel
still cursed with having an issue then solving it myself as soon as someone else explains it to me/is trying to help.

sure hope nobody thinks im weird not responding to them after they're only trying to help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lyde_the_Warrior