sleepy_sealion
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Awarded medals About

• Got my Sprite Gauge thing finished with fancy plugin parameters. Pretty happy with the result. I do need a refresher on regex though.
    b1hG2Ux.png
    I'm sure it's probably best not looking into for development reasons, but I wonder how hard it is to make a custom font for the game?
    Alador
    Alador
    make a custom font and then you do some shenanigans in the software to get it to work :3 I've done it before it works with basically every font, and it's not too hard!
    HexMozart88
    HexMozart88
    I have also done it. Takes longer if you're using the font for the whole game, but if you're using it for like a logo or something, it took about half an hour.
    Ellenor
    Ellenor
    Not too hard just takes a bit of time =3
    Wish days were longer (or work weeks shorter) to have more time to work on art and game. Wonder if Ultimecia can help?
    Reactions: Starbird_Resources
    tumsterfest
    tumsterfest
    Man, I feel this. I've long pined for a change to 26-hour days.

My brain simply does not shut off by what should be bedtime. Plus, many RM tasks require a large chunk of time to make the session productive, and I find it nearly impossible to find those chunks. So instead I hoard free assets and change skill names for the 10th time, haha.
    There's been a lot of stress things going on, and I'm worried it's been clouding the development stuff. But for the first time in a while I feel back on track, though I'm sure I've killed whatever good will I've had here. Hoping I can get something to show soon.
    RCXGaming
    RCXGaming
    As far as I'm concerned, the only way you're going to kill good will here is if you actively insult/deride people because of personal issues. So you know, chill.
    I've slowly been learning to appreciate smaller sprites. I feel kind of annoying posting every wip thing. I think things are starting to turn out better - but I might need to find to help to yell at me everytime I start going off course.
    Thinking about giving Effekseer another try since I'm on a more beefy pc now. But virus protection is having none of it.
    Kanori24
    Kanori24
    Right there with ya. I've been meaning to sit down and figure it out :p
    eval(), I've only just learned to understand how you work for only a few hours, but I love you.
    Arthran
    Arthran
    If I'm understanding you correctly, what you're doing actually doesn't require either of these things. To use a string as a function name, just use bracket notation instead of dot notation. I.e., instead of Sleepy.birdPackage(), you'd call it as Sleepy['birdPackage']().
    Arthran
    Arthran
    If it's a global function that doesn't explicitly belong to an object, then it will implicitly belong to the window object, so you could call it with window['birdPackage']().
    sleepy_sealion
    sleepy_sealion
    So your coding advice seems to be working. Before I had a script call for "eval('this.' + this._eventType + 'Package()')" but now have it as if "(this._eventType != '') {this[this._eventType]()}". Only thing is that it doesn't seem to like adding strings together in there. So I had to simplify the name to "bird". Which is fine though.
    This was the plugin I was going to release awhile back. Any time you had more than the party limit, the game would put you in this scene. Just a really basic party storage thing.
    I don't know if having events (with comment) auto-erase themselves actually helps frame-rate.
    ATT_Turan
    ATT_Turan
    I shouldn't think that an event with a stepping animation at that speed would have any discernible effect on framerate. But I could be wrong, and things can work differently on different systems.
    sleepy_sealion
    sleepy_sealion
    Oh, this was more of an example. But I was thinking of adding more events, and was wondering if erasing them when they're out of sight would prevent too much lag later on.
    CG-Tespy
    CG-Tespy
    Unless you can have a crazy amount of such events on screen at once, I don't think it'd make any noticeable performance difference. You'd be better off learning design patterns like Object-Pooling and Observer to improve the performance of your games
    Wonder how time consuming it would be to remake an Ace map into Mz...
    Arthran
    Arthran
    If you intend to use the same tiles, it should be super fast. IIRC, Shaz made an Ace script that exports all the map and database files into MV format. MZ uses the same format as MV. So you should be able to use Shaz's script to export the map into a format that you can open on MZ. Then you could either upscale your Ace tileset, or just set MZ to use 32x32 tiles, and you'll be done.
    sleepy_sealion
    sleepy_sealion
    Happy to report that it does indeed work!
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

KDS
Hey guys! Iam currently updating my free digital art shop , let me know if you need anything done :) https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/kds-free-open-digital-art-shop.17097/
Hello! I’d like to ask where is a good place to start logging about my game dev progress as production of my game goes forth
In one of our campus classrooms was a bag full of stuff people forgot there... my bag. That I forgot there xD
You know your room is too tiny for how much stuff you have when it gives you literal insomnia. I just cleared a bunch of stuff out and man it feels good!
1670381555475.png
Meet the Kernel. You encounter him in cyberspace. He's important!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
silverbell