sleepy_sealion
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Awarded medals About

• Made a simple system where one troop can be controlled by variables to change the 3 monsters that appear in it. Pretty much inspired by Pokemon-like games where you fight similar grouped battles over and over.
    QavTtej.gif
    Still working on things slowly. Deciding if I'd be better off just deleting all the pre-made animations and stuff so I can have a "fresh" base game to build off of.
    Conflictx3
    Conflictx3
    Do. Not. I repeat. DO. NOT.
    I made this mistake for an RPG Maker XP game years ago and ever since then I hate the animations tab its overwhelming as hell.

Plus I'll give you a GREAT tip ive been doing for my current project, get new custom animations and swap the old animation file with the new one, the animation is already set up so see which one works for you
    Conflictx3
    Conflictx3
    For example if you have custom_fire.png add it to your animations folder then go to the database and switch the animation sheet used for "fire hit" to the custom_fire. Png's sheet and boom you have a 7 frame animation auto set up and you can make any changes you like saves me loads of time.
    sleepy_sealion
    sleepy_sealion
    Ok, I'll hold off on it for now.
    Bleh. Been finding it hard lately to make time for my game and stuff. I need to keep practicing my drawing and doing irl stuff while the game gets neglected a lot.
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    Seems to be a common theme these days. We should form the no time to work on our game club, except I don't think we got time for the meetings either.
    I think it was mistake to start building a second battle system. I'm getting a bit overwhelmed. Maybe I need a break from this.
    Finnuval
    Finnuval
    Breaks are good, breakdowns are not xD
    sleepy_sealion
    sleepy_sealion
    It's very hard walking away, when the last thing you did was ruin everything.
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    It's a lot of work, best advice is often to focus on accomplishing small portions of it at a time. That and keep daily backups so if you mess everything up, you don't have to spend time getting back to square one.
    This was a test for a more "front view" style battle scene I got from mucking around with learning note tags. Still shame about the Z stuff though.
    Reactions: SmashArtist
    GoodSelf
    GoodSelf
    I like it! It add's more dynamic to the default battle system. Very cool, excited to see how it grows from here.
    Been spending alot of time trying to get certain animations to play over others by setting their Z coordinate. Finally checked the help file, and they don't seem to have a Z. Should have checked first. :(
    I probably could have gotten my second game done by now if I stopped caring about the "visual" stuff. People told me not to get married to ideas, but it's hard to let hard work go.
    RachelTheSeeker
    RachelTheSeeker
    Passion seems a double-edged sword. Always that balance between getting what you want and having to compromise for the sake of finishing. :x
    At first I was skeptical about typing likeThis instead of like_this but now I kind of like it better?
    Reactions: Poryg
    Poryg
    Poryg
    I like it too. It's clear enough and doesn't waste space.
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    I don't mind both. So that I know that ImCodingInJS or im_doing_ruby.
    The more I play around with MV, the more I miss Ace and all the stuff I could do with it. Maybe buying a new maker wasn't a good idea.
    Welp. I'm downloading MV off of Steam. So with my luck that means the even newer rpg maker should be coming out now.
    Reactions: SolonWise
    FleshToDust
    FleshToDust
    Theres only incremental improvements across versions so no reason to switch engines if a new one is released anyways.
    SolonWise
    SolonWise
    MV is very good, I don't think a new RPG Maker will be released soon.
    Bastrophian
    Bastrophian
    Personally, I would only cry about it if they did release a new one and it had built in tile-size/resolution changing features added. T.T ....I would definitely cry about that.
    So, 8 more days left in MV trial. So far my biggest draw is the damage pop up, enemy selecting - and having scripts outside of the game.
    JtheDuelist
    JtheDuelist
    I have all the RMs on Steam, and haven't had a issue with any of them.
    sleepy_sealion
    sleepy_sealion
    You know, I think I might just get it. I was kind of avoiding getting any RM's over steam since I didn't want to have to be logged into steam to use it.
    JtheDuelist
    JtheDuelist
    The Steam RMs support offline mode.
    Tried out the trial for MV. It looks really nice but java looks confusing and I don't think I'd be able to convert my visual battler scripts
    Reactions: standardplayer
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    I can vouch js is more robust than ruby. But I hate asynchronous environment :(
    Poryg
    Poryg
    Asynchronous environment is awesome, it's just not the easiest to setup. And it would be nice if Web workers had access to DOM, because without that their usefulness is pretty much crippled.
    Marsigne
    Marsigne
    Good luck on your ventures!
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

thanks to a lot of lunatic coding... my game finally has a stun mechanic that I feel really good about. damage enemy's mental psyche (mp), and once empty, hitting with certain attacks trigger combos that can stack the damage.
Waiting for the 1.40 update before testing out my copy of MZ so that I don't end up adding unnecessary work to my plate. Meanwhile the current fourth draft for my story is taking shape, and I'm fleshing out the lore as I realize how things would make better sense here and there for the world that I'm building.
Sword_of_Dusk wrote on BCj's profile.
Just found out about your complications. I'm so sorry that you're going through this. I wish I could do something substantial for you, but our distance from each other makes that an impossibility. Still, if you ever need to talk or vent, I'm here.
Candacis wrote on BCj's profile.
I don't know, if any words will help right now, but here is a hug. And my offer to help you with Escalia, if you ever want or need help with it. Tiles or mapping especially.
MZ weather + title screen update is here! (Also includes MZ and MV RETRO demo project updates)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigdaddyloll