Recent content by sleepy_sealion

1. sleepy_sealion

It turns out there's a limit to the number of plug-ins you can have. Horrifying. But it's given...

It turns out there's a limit to the number of plug-ins you can have. Horrifying. But it's given me a reason to re-code things to thin out the testing ground.
  2. sleepy_sealion

I opened up ACE for the first time in years, it feels kind of cozy?

I opened up ACE for the first time in years, it feels kind of cozy?
  3. sleepy_sealion

I decided to go back and give MZ a try again, and liked it - but wished we could animate like in...

I decided to go back and give MZ a try again, and liked it - but wished we could animate like in MV. Only for them to go ahead and release an update to do just that apparently. What.
  4. sleepy_sealion

I've been working on making a simple sprite frame system. And I'm really happy with the...

I've been working on making a simple sprite frame system. And I'm really happy with the progress.
  5. sleepy_sealion

I am a complete fool. I went through the trouble of making a clone sprite and setting up a...

I am a complete fool. I went through the trouble of making a clone sprite and setting up a system to have the characters flash, when it turns out - I never noticed that the "._mainSprite" was the actual bitmap being used. I'm happy since that makes compatibility easier, but I also want to scream.
  6. sleepy_sealion

Been making progress with scripts and stuff. But it's getting really messy deciding if I should...

Been making progress with scripts and stuff. But it's getting really messy deciding if I should keep each script as its own separate thing, or which ones to just combine.
  7. sleepy_sealion

I added a little squish effect when characters change direction to try and make things a bit...

I added a little squish effect when characters change direction to try and make things a bit more lively. Though it's a bit hard to see on the fast moving guys.
  8. sleepy_sealion

I've been cleaning up the code for my custom sprite effects for actors and enemies. [img] I'm...

I've been cleaning up the code for my custom sprite effects for actors and enemies. I'm happy with the results so far. I cheated like heck to get the actors to "change tone" though.
  9. sleepy_sealion

The plugin's used are custom made, I'd be ok releasing it though it's still a bit rough in some...

The plugin's used are custom made, I'd be ok releasing it though it's still a bit rough in some areas though. Like You can only draw one skill per enemy right now. And while not shown, it will tell you later on how full your stock is if you have the skill, but you can still draw if your stock is...
  10. sleepy_sealion

It's important to equip your GF. [img]

It's important to equip your GF.
  11. sleepy_sealion

Thinking about Final Fantasy, but with seals. [img]

Thinking about Final Fantasy, but with seals.
  12. sleepy_sealion

I finally did an array, though I think it needs work. I had it add a bunch of states passively...

I finally did an array, though I think it needs work. I had it add a bunch of states passively. Except I put death in the array by mistake, so the second I hit new game the screen instantly went to game over. Is that what it's like to play dark souls?
  13. sleepy_sealion

Honestly not sure? I don't remember seeing a steam link with the code they gave me. I did get MV...

Honestly not sure? I don't remember seeing a steam link with the code they gave me. I did get MV for Steam, just not MZ, though if it does work as a steam code - that's great if I ever get better equipment.
  14. sleepy_sealion

I moved back to MV awhile ago, having effekseer, mz, and clip paint was turning my laptop fan...

I moved back to MV awhile ago, having effekseer, mz, and clip paint was turning my laptop fan into an attack helicopter. But I did learn some tricks so it wasn't a waste. Just wish I would have bought it for steam though in case I got a new comp.
  15. sleepy_sealion

RMMV Making a child sprite not inherit X, Y position of parent?

I've been playing with actors creating bitmaps and wanted the child to use the X,Y origin of the screen rather than the X,Y origin being the parent - and possibly ignore the parent's movement on screen? Is it possible to make a child bitmap/object/etc. not inherit certain things from it's parent?

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Sometimes I wanna thanks to my past self for learning how to draw _:3

what people think game making is like:
1643382734530.png
What game making is actually like:
1643382928058.png
SA72K_ATTACK.gifThe boss of an "illegal" cybercafe, leading his little gang fighting against an authoritarian government that censors games. I wonder which side will players pick. :kaojoy:
Have you ever had the problem of not knowing how to name your game?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zahvalio