Last Activity:
Nov 21, 2019 at 7:17 PM

Awarded Medals 6

Birthday:
December 17

Share This Page

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood, Female, from Belgium

Just had one of our semi-regular customers come up to me and out of nowhere ask: "So have you gotten married yet?" Nov 13, 2019

slimmmeiske2 was last seen:
Viewing forum list, Nov 21, 2019 at 7:17 PM
    1. MechaBadWolf
      MechaBadWolf
      Hi, I saw some of your sprite artwork, and I was wondering if you were still taking requests? I'm still very new to this, and I can't seem to make anything I try work when I do it myself.
      1. slimmmeiske2
        slimmmeiske2
        No, not currently. I don't mind suggestions if I think they'll be useful for the whole community. Though I suggest you post a request in the Resources request forum as you'll have a better chance of getting it done.
        Jul 18, 2016
        1 person likes this.
    2. slimmmeiske2
      slimmmeiske2
      What kind of sprites do you feel are lacking in MV? 
      1. 2 people like this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. Euphony
        Euphony
        People of different fantastical races. It's become a trend for the RTP to have maybe one dwarf, one fairy, and one pair of elves. I haven't looked at the MV RTP much, so maybe it doesn't conform to this trend, but I'm willing to bet its 99% humans. :p

In that same way of thinking, people of different ethnicities/cultures are usually lacking as well. Most characters seem to be made with a medieval European or Japanese setting in mind.
        Jul 9, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      4. Hollow 1977
        Hollow 1977
        Embarrassing as it may sound I have only used MV for a few hours tops.  :o I need to get back into it.
        Jul 10, 2016
      5. Snow White
        Snow White
        I'm trying to teach myself to edit the MV sprites so I can make pretty much the sprites @Euphony was mentioning (different races and ethnicities/cultures) I didn't know there weren't enough of them, I just thought they would be fun to make XD

Anyway, I'm probably gonna help my brother with some alien races for his space-fantasy-themed game, 'cause there doesn't seem to be any good aliens in the Sci-fi RTP ('~')

So maybe MV is lacking aliens?
        Jul 16, 2016
    3. slimmmeiske2
      slimmmeiske2
      What's your favourite Disney movie? Mine's Beauty and the Beast.
      1. Snow White and Euphony like this.
      3. Saltwater Croc
        Saltwater Croc
        Yeah, @awesomecool that's definitely just an opinion. :p
        May 26, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      4. Ronove
        Ronove
        @Slimmmeiske: I have seen it!! When I heard the old soundtrack I was like OMG and the scenery looks fantastic so far. I wish they had shown more of Belle and the Beast but I suppose I can wait for another trailer for that. :p
        May 27, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      5. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        Out of my head I have TRON and The Black Hole (Altought I wonder if I will ever see back Cat From Space!)
        May 31, 2016
        1 person likes this.
    4. Dalph
      Dalph
      Did you know that in the original Little Red Riding Hood (Little Red Cap), she gets decieved and eaten by the wolf and that's it? There's no happy ending there, no woodcutter saving her, nothing. 

I'm not talking about the Brothers Grimm's version but I mean the original made by Charles Perrault, fables are way darker than what people's think.

I wonder if someone here is also aware about how dark, sad and creepy the original version of The Little Mermaid is, people all think the Disney version is accurate but it's nowhere near as tragic and scary as the original fable.
      1. 1 person likes this.
      3. taarna23
        taarna23
        @Sharm Well, to be fair, I think even in the Disney-ified version, the beast became crabby and bitter out of years of isolation and mistreatment. Can't say as how I blame him for that.
        May 24, 2016
      4. slimmmeiske2
        slimmmeiske2
        (Oh my God all these notifications o.o)

@Dalph™ Yes, I did know. :D I'm pretty confident I know all the original stories. *looks at her collection of Grimm and HCA books* Also, my LRRH game has two "canon" endings if you get what I mean ;)

@Iliketea It's Rapunzel's prince actually. Rapunzel herself gets released from the tower when she's pregnant with the prince's twins. She finds the blind prince wandering around and heals his eyes with her tears. (Or at least this is what happened in the version I read :)  )

@Uzuki Yep, you're completely right. I read somewhere that HCA added the part where she goes to heaven after the story was already published, so it originally ended with her being foam.

@BananaThug I find the Grimm fairytales don't have that. It's mostly evil people who die horrible deaths.

@Ronove I heard somewhere one of the earliest renditions of LRRH is a Belgian tale. No idea if that's correct, but as a Belgian I kinda like to think so :3 

@Sharm @taarna23Well in the Disney version he is described as "spoiled, selfish and unkind". Him turning into a beast definitely turned him more bitter and crabby though and yeah who wouldn't? 
        May 24, 2016
        3 people like this.
      5. slimmmeiske2
        slimmmeiske2
        @mlogan You and me both, sister  ;_;  

Also, I'm all for a fairytale event! *wink wink* @Ralph
        May 24, 2016
        2 people like this.
    5. Snow White
      Snow White
      Wait, so your first language is Dutch?

And yet you write English better then quite a lot of people who have English as their first language (me included :rswt: )

And you're also translating Japanese sites, so you can read and write in Japanese too!

But no matter how busy you are, you still always have time to walk though the wolf infested woods whenever your grandma isn't feeling well! :cutesmile:

*sits down and puts on sunglasses * Oh no, don't mind me, I'm just basking in the glow of your awesomeness  :D
      1. 1 person likes this.
      3. Susan
        Susan
        Beware! He has something evil in mind. Silence holds bad tiding for others from the likes of the Big Bad Wolf. 
        May 24, 2016
        3 people like this.
      4. slimmmeiske2
        slimmmeiske2
        @Snow White I read some of the tales from The Japanese Fairy Book by Yei Theodora Ozaki, though those do have more prose and were (slightly) adapted for Western audiences. I suggest reading/searching for the following tales as they are the most famous ones: Momotaro (or Peach boy), Urashimataro, Kintaro and The Tale of the Bamboo Cutter (or The Moon Princess and the Bamboo Cutter/Tale of Princess Kaguya). Ghibli made an amazing anime movie of the Princess Kaguya one, if you're interested. If you like watching anime, a few years ago an anime called Folktales from Japan (Furusato Saisei) started airing. It has around 2 or 3 folktales each episode and they are apparently at episode 215 now.

Reading books/stories/etc in the language you're trying to write helps a lot. (I should follow my own advice and read more Japanese though ^^; My writing's a lot like the clueless Alien you mentioned before)

@Dalph™ Sounds like you've been lurking in the shadows again.
        May 24, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      5. Snow White
        Snow White
        Thank you @slimmmeiske2 , now I know which ones to read first  :cutesmile:

I remember hearing Momotaro mentioned before, (I can't remember where though) so I looked it up then, I remember it being a cute story. Then again, I might be remembering it wrong, it was a long time ago I read it :rswt: (or maybe It's because I've read too many fairytales (you kinda get deaded to the weirdness after awhile :p ))

I also remember the Ghibli movie being advertised, but I've never read  the tale of Princess Kaguya, so I had no idea what it was  :rswt:

Those two are definitely on my "to read" list now :cutesmile:

Also, I'm starting to think that @Dalph™ sold his soul to a demon in exchange for the power to have a youtube video/gif for any situation :p (or he is the all mighty gif demon who people sell there souls to ;) (but really Dalph, where do you keep getting all these videos from?!)
        May 24, 2016
    6. Bonkers
      Bonkers
      https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CiWPIaLUUAIz7z1.jpg
      1. 2 people like this.
      3. Bonkers
        Bonkers
        I've got Japanese contacts all over the place.  I'll backtrack and let you know which of the kemono artists did it.
        May 15, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      4. Bonkers
        Bonkers
        May 15, 2016
      5. slimmmeiske2
        slimmmeiske2
        Thanks for the quick response @BananaThug :wub: I found some of the panels before this one as well :3
        May 15, 2016
    7. PokemonPets
      PokemonPets
      hey ty very much. i am looking for especially animations

can you link me few animations that we are allowed to use?
      1. slimmmeiske2
        slimmmeiske2
        Right, I've PMed you.
        May 11, 2016
    8. slimmmeiske2
      slimmmeiske2
      So I'm wondering if anyone's up for proofreading parts of my thesis? I've been getting a lot of comments by my accessor/promoter about grammar errors, but I can't really seem to find them myself :/ Any help would be appreciated. :wub:
      1. 1 person likes this.
      3. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        If it was in French I would help.  :3  But good luck!
        May 5, 2016
      4. Susan
        Susan
        May 5, 2016
        2 people like this.
      5. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        XD 

What???!!

You too?!

I didn't knew you were aware of all of my roboxercises. X)
        May 5, 2016
    9. slimmmeiske2
      slimmmeiske2
      Imgur has just informed me it's my cake day. Does that mean they'll be sending me a cake through the mail today? :D
      1. Euphony
        Euphony
        Might be a bit squooshed. D:
        Apr 30, 2016
      2. Susan
        Susan
        Every day is cake day when it comes to slimmm. ;)
        May 1, 2016
        2 people like this.
      3. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        The cake is a lie!  <3

XD
        May 5, 2016
    10. slimmmeiske2
      slimmmeiske2
      Do it with Flair as they say~ http://imgur.com/IyOoajz.gif
      1. 7 people like this.
      3. slimmmeiske2
        slimmmeiske2
        @Marquise* Nope, just something I did because I wanted to :)
        Apr 21, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      4. Scythuz
        Scythuz
        The origin story behind this sprite is 10/10 ;)
        Apr 21, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      5. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        awwwww  ^^  Now make a game with it!  ;)
        Apr 23, 2016
    11. slimmmeiske2
      slimmmeiske2
      lol I'm getting so confused reading the forum. Am I the only one who identifies people primarily by avatar?
      1. View previous comments...
      2. slimmmeiske2
        slimmmeiske2
        Don't tempt me :p
        Apr 2, 2016
      3. The_Trinity
        The_Trinity
        Yea, it's confusing me too. Also you can't even put the name of a baked wheat product without it changing it to I'm so confused lol. I've heard that other words also get changed. It's pretty funny though. I just won't be able to take this website serious until tomorrow.  :guffaw:
        Apr 2, 2016
      4. AwesomeCool
        AwesomeCool
        Even the words I type are betraying me with some becoming that which is not what I said
        Apr 2, 2016
    12. slimmmeiske2
      slimmmeiske2
      I just wanted to say that I'm fine. Apparantely I was started to worry people before and with the news you might hear today... :(
      Anyway, I'm fine.
      2. Dalph
        Dalph
        Oh hello slimmm, welcome back!
        Mar 23, 2016
        2 people like this.
      3. Dalph
        Dalph
        Also glad to hear you are fine, that was pretty scary.
        Mar 23, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      4. slimmmeiske2
        slimmmeiske2
        Thanks guys.
        Mar 23, 2016
    13. slimmmeiske2
      slimmmeiske2
      Just got invited for my first job interview. I know I should be ecstatic, but I'm so scared ;.;
      2. Lunarea
        Lunarea
        **hugs** Keep breathing and remember that any outcome will give you the opportunity to grow and improve for the next challenge life throws your way. :)
        Jan 25, 2016
      3. gRaViJa
        gRaViJa
        Congrats! See it as a learning moment too. And it's not a one-way thing. You can also ask them questions and you should feel that hey are compatible with you as well. Show interest in their current affairs, that always helps. And since they have invited you, they are already interested in your skills, helps to keep that in mind :)

That's all the tips i got for now ^^
        Jan 26, 2016
      4. Golden Unicorn Gaming
        Jan 26, 2016
    14. slimmmeiske2
      slimmmeiske2
      A shame long statuses get cut off. :/ Other than that really digging this forum change, though it will take some time to get used to it ^^;
      2. slimmmeiske2
        slimmmeiske2
        Jan 19, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      3. Dalph
        Dalph
        It's allright, villains are meant to have followers anyway and not friends~ *evil laugh*
        Jan 19, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      4. Nathanial
        Jan 19, 2016
    15. slimmmeiske2
      slimmmeiske2
      I think I just found the Japanese version of Patreon... with 99% hentai o.o
      2. Bonkers
        Bonkers
        You need to share it with us, for multiculturalism.
        Jan 17, 2016
      3. slimmmeiske2
        slimmmeiske2
        Jan 18, 2016
      4. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        Oooooooh my... I guess when it takes that much of someone's life and there is so much demand and we have not that much of a moral issue... it just makes sense to make money over it.
        Jan 18, 2016
    16. slimmmeiske2
      slimmmeiske2
      Anyone on here ever watched/watches this show?

My friend just introduced me to it and it seems hilarious :)
      2. amaSenpai
        amaSenpai
        Yes! favorite episode is the Jewish town one. So glad they are getting a second season!
        Jan 15, 2016
      3. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        Allright to watch but not in Prime Time. More around 9! :D (What is it with society theses days economy and salaries are taboo but not sex which should be more personal intimate and sacred than commercial?!!)
        Jan 15, 2016
      4. Euphony
        Euphony
        Hmm kind of looks like a Disneyfied version of Krod Mandoon. Which was hilarious but sadly only lasted one season.
        Jan 15, 2016
    17. slimmmeiske2
      slimmmeiske2
      Laptop's at the repair store, so no game making for me for a couple of days :/
      2. Alkorri
        Alkorri
        Awww, hope your baby returns safely :)
        Jan 12, 2016
      3. slimmmeiske2
        slimmmeiske2
        @Yanfly: But I've already done so much brainstorming/writing everything down 3:

@Susan: No data lost. I knew I would have to sent it to the shop, so I backed everything up beforehand. :)
        Jan 12, 2016
      4. Hollow 1977
        Hollow 1977
        Good Luck.
        Jan 13, 2016
    18. slimmmeiske2
      slimmmeiske2
      Am I only wose Steam Store seems to think I'm a Swedish guy into FPS? o.o
      2. CrazyCrab
        CrazyCrab
        Yeah, same here. I'm somewhat terrified, I feel like I have to go to the bank the 1st thing tomorrow.
        Dec 26, 2015
      3. Euphony
        Euphony
        PewDiePie indoctrination 75% complete.
        Dec 26, 2015
      4. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        I thought you were a German girl ... And I think I was mistaken then... :p (Think about verifying a profile soon!)
        Dec 26, 2015
    19. slimmmeiske2
      slimmmeiske2
      It's 2 a.m. but half of my family is still at the Christmas party here >
      2. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        Merry Christmas. Nice new non red avatar BTW!
        Dec 25, 2015
      3. Euphony
        Euphony
        That's when you start bustling around the house cleaning up, packing up leftovers, etc. Hopefully they get the hint. ;)
        Dec 25, 2015
      4. Hollow 1977
        Hollow 1977
        Definitely a cool avatar.
        Dec 27, 2015
    20. slimmmeiske2
      slimmmeiske2
      Unofficial themesong of my game:
      2. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        Something tells me it is a joyous game!
        Dec 21, 2015
      3. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        Something tells me it is a joyous game!
        Dec 21, 2015
      4. Hollow 1977
        Hollow 1977
        Sounds good.
        Dec 22, 2015
  • About

Birthday:
    December 17
    First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP

[​IMG]
    Hi all! I'm the resident Little Red Riding Hood.

I'm on my way to visit my Grandmother, but keep running into the Big Bad Wolf, geez.

[​IMG]

Art by the amazing Archeia and Makio-Kuta

My resources:
    [​IMG] / [​IMG] / [​IMG] / [​IMG] / [​IMG]
    The DS sprites were only for Member+, but as it's discontinued they're no longer "publicly" available. If you're interested in them, please send me a PM with a proof of purchase of DS(+) and I'll send them to you.

My game project:

[​IMG]

Thank you Amy for the lovely chibi and Pandamaru for the game logo :wub:​

Signature

I am translating the terms of Japanese resource sites for your convenience. If you have a request, please PM me or comment.
    Currently working on: [​IMG]
    My resources:
    [​IMG] / [​IMG] / [​IMG] / [​IMG] / [​IMG] / Commissions thread(closed)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    [​IMG]I support:
    Lovely resources:
    [​IMG]
    Awesome Games:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]