slimmmeiske2
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Awarded medals About

• When you accidently buy a bundle for the second time... ^^;
    Reactions: 3 people
    slimmmeiske2
    slimmmeiske2
    @Euphony I didn't buy it directly from Steam, but from a bundle site. As far as I remember, Steam does warn you if you buy somehing you already own. :)
    Euphony
    Euphony
    Ooh. Damn, there goes my sweet conspiracy theory. D:

I'll expose you Gaben. *shakes fist*
    Marquise*
    Marquise*
    Nah Euphony. Now, I bought a game.  Saw I could had a 4 pack and... Can't do unless I offer 4 to the same person :X

And good Slimmmeiske2 didn't steam duplicate bundles because... last I tried or had someone try to offer me one, all that gave for option was to complete my already existing collection with no double keys for the items I already bought before!  GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!
    Hi, I saw some of your sprite artwork, and I was wondering if you were still taking requests? I'm still very new to this, and I can't seem to make anything I try work when I do it myself.
    slimmmeiske2
    slimmmeiske2
    No, not currently. I don't mind suggestions if I think they'll be useful for the whole community. Though I suggest you post a request in the Resources request forum as you'll have a better chance of getting it done.
    What kind of sprites do you feel are lacking in MV? 
    Reactions: 2 people
    Euphony
    Euphony
    People of different fantastical races. It's become a trend for the RTP to have maybe one dwarf, one fairy, and one pair of elves. I haven't looked at the MV RTP much, so maybe it doesn't conform to this trend, but I'm willing to bet its 99% humans. :p

In that same way of thinking, people of different ethnicities/cultures are usually lacking as well. Most characters seem to be made with a medieval European or Japanese setting in mind.
    Hollow 1977
    Hollow 1977
    Embarrassing as it may sound I have only used MV for a few hours tops.  :o I need to get back into it.
    Snow White
    Snow White
    I'm trying to teach myself to edit the MV sprites so I can make pretty much the sprites @Euphony was mentioning (different races and ethnicities/cultures) I didn't know there weren't enough of them, I just thought they would be fun to make XD

Anyway, I'm probably gonna help my brother with some alien races for his space-fantasy-themed game, 'cause there doesn't seem to be any good aliens in the Sci-fi RTP ('~')

So maybe MV is lacking aliens?
    What's your favourite Disney movie? Mine's Beauty and the Beast.
    Simon D. Aelsi
    Simon D. Aelsi
    Yeah, @awesomecool that's definitely just an opinion. :p
    Ronove
    Ronove
    @Slimmmeiske: I have seen it!! When I heard the old soundtrack I was like OMG and the scenery looks fantastic so far. I wish they had shown more of Belle and the Beast but I suppose I can wait for another trailer for that. :p
    Marquise*
    Marquise*
    Out of my head I have TRON and The Black Hole (Altought I wonder if I will ever see back Cat From Space!)
    Did you know that in the original Little Red Riding Hood (Little Red Cap), she gets decieved and eaten by the wolf and that's it? There's no happy ending there, no woodcutter saving her, nothing. 

I'm not talking about the Brothers Grimm's version but I mean the original made by Charles Perrault, fables are way darker than what people's think.

I wonder if someone here is also aware about how dark, sad and creepy the original version of The Little Mermaid is, people all think the Disney version is accurate but it's nowhere near as tragic and scary as the original fable.
    Reactions: 1 person
    taarna23
    taarna23
    @Sharm Well, to be fair, I think even in the Disney-ified version, the beast became crabby and bitter out of years of isolation and mistreatment. Can't say as how I blame him for that.
    slimmmeiske2
    slimmmeiske2
    (Oh my God all these notifications o.o)

@Dalph™ Yes, I did know. :D I'm pretty confident I know all the original stories. *looks at her collection of Grimm and HCA books* Also, my LRRH game has two "canon" endings if you get what I mean ;)

@Iliketea It's Rapunzel's prince actually. Rapunzel herself gets released from the tower when she's pregnant with the prince's twins. She finds the blind prince wandering around and heals his eyes with her tears. (Or at least this is what happened in the version I read :)  )

@Uzuki Yep, you're completely right. I read somewhere that HCA added the part where she goes to heaven after the story was already published, so it originally ended with her being foam.

@BananaThug I find the Grimm fairytales don't have that. It's mostly evil people who die horrible deaths.

@Ronove I heard somewhere one of the earliest renditions of LRRH is a Belgian tale. No idea if that's correct, but as a Belgian I kinda like to think so :3 

@Sharm @taarna23Well in the Disney version he is described as "spoiled, selfish and unkind". Him turning into a beast definitely turned him more bitter and crabby though and yeah who wouldn't? 
    slimmmeiske2
    slimmmeiske2
    @mlogan You and me both, sister  ;_;  

Also, I'm all for a fairytale event! *wink wink* @Ralph
    Wait, so your first language is Dutch?

And yet you write English better then quite a lot of people who have English as their first language (me included :rswt: )

And you're also translating Japanese sites, so you can read and write in Japanese too!

But no matter how busy you are, you still always have time to walk though the wolf infested woods whenever your grandma isn't feeling well! :cutesmile:

*sits down and puts on sunglasses * Oh no, don't mind me, I'm just basking in the glow of your awesomeness  :D
    Reactions: 1 person
    Susan
    Susan
    Beware! He has something evil in mind. Silence holds bad tiding for others from the likes of the Big Bad Wolf. 
    slimmmeiske2
    slimmmeiske2
    @Snow White I read some of the tales from The Japanese Fairy Book by Yei Theodora Ozaki, though those do have more prose and were (slightly) adapted for Western audiences. I suggest reading/searching for the following tales as they are the most famous ones: Momotaro (or Peach boy), Urashimataro, Kintaro and The Tale of the Bamboo Cutter (or The Moon Princess and the Bamboo Cutter/Tale of Princess Kaguya). Ghibli made an amazing anime movie of the Princess Kaguya one, if you're interested. If you like watching anime, a few years ago an anime called Folktales from Japan (Furusato Saisei) started airing. It has around 2 or 3 folktales each episode and they are apparently at episode 215 now.

Reading books/stories/etc in the language you're trying to write helps a lot. (I should follow my own advice and read more Japanese though ^^; My writing's a lot like the clueless Alien you mentioned before)

@Dalph™ Sounds like you've been lurking in the shadows again.
    Snow White
    Snow White
    Thank you @slimmmeiske2 , now I know which ones to read first  :cutesmile:

I remember hearing Momotaro mentioned before, (I can't remember where though) so I looked it up then, I remember it being a cute story. Then again, I might be remembering it wrong, it was a long time ago I read it :rswt: (or maybe It's because I've read too many fairytales (you kinda get deaded to the weirdness after awhile :p ))

I also remember the Ghibli movie being advertised, but I've never read  the tale of Princess Kaguya, so I had no idea what it was  :rswt:

Those two are definitely on my "to read" list now :cutesmile:

Also, I'm starting to think that @Dalph™ sold his soul to a demon in exchange for the power to have a youtube video/gif for any situation :p (or he is the all mighty gif demon who people sell there souls to ;) (but really Dalph, where do you keep getting all these videos from?!)
    hey ty very much. i am looking for especially animations

can you link me few animations that we are allowed to use?
    So I'm wondering if anyone's up for proofreading parts of my thesis? I've been getting a lot of comments by my accessor/promoter about grammar errors, but I can't really seem to find them myself :/ Any help would be appreciated. :wub:
    Imgur has just informed me it's my cake day. Does that mean they'll be sending me a cake through the mail today? :D
    Euphony
    Euphony
    Might be a bit squooshed. D:
    Susan
    Susan
    Every day is cake day when it comes to slimmm. ;)
    Marquise*
    Marquise*
    The cake is a lie!  <3

XD
    lol I'm getting so confused reading the forum. Am I the only one who identifies people primarily by avatar?
    slimmmeiske2
    slimmmeiske2
    Don't tempt me :p
    The_Trinity
    The_Trinity
    Yea, it's confusing me too. Also you can't even put the name of a baked wheat product without it changing it to I'm so confused lol. I've heard that other words also get changed. It's pretty funny though. I just won't be able to take this website serious until tomorrow.  :guffaw:
    AwesomeCool
    AwesomeCool
    Even the words I type are betraying me with some becoming that which is not what I said
    Just got invited for my first job interview. I know I should be ecstatic, but I'm so scared ;.;
    Lunarea
    Lunarea
    **hugs** Keep breathing and remember that any outcome will give you the opportunity to grow and improve for the next challenge life throws your way. :)
    gRaViJa
    gRaViJa
    Congrats! See it as a learning moment too. And it's not a one-way thing. You can also ask them questions and you should feel that hey are compatible with you as well. Show interest in their current affairs, that always helps. And since they have invited you, they are already interested in your skills, helps to keep that in mind :)

That's all the tips i got for now ^^
    I think I just found the Japanese version of *******... with 99% hentai o.o
    Bonkers
    Bonkers
    You need to share it with us, for multiculturalism.
    slimmmeiske2
    slimmmeiske2
    Marquise*
    Marquise*
    Oooooooh my... I guess when it takes that much of someone's life and there is so much demand and we have not that much of a moral issue... it just makes sense to make money over it.
    Anyone on here ever watched/watches this show?

My friend just introduced me to it and it seems hilarious :)
    amaSenpai
    amaSenpai
    Yes! favorite episode is the Jewish town one. So glad they are getting a second season!
    Marquise*
    Marquise*
    Allright to watch but not in Prime Time. More around 9! :D (What is it with society theses days economy and salaries are taboo but not sex which should be more personal intimate and sacred than commercial?!!)
    Euphony
    Euphony
    Hmm kind of looks like a Disneyfied version of Krod Mandoon. Which was hilarious but sadly only lasted one season.
    Laptop's at the repair store, so no game making for me for a couple of days :/
    Alkorri
    Alkorri
    Awww, hope your baby returns safely :)
    slimmmeiske2
    slimmmeiske2
    @Yanfly: But I've already done so much brainstorming/writing everything down 3:

@Susan: No data lost. I knew I would have to sent it to the shop, so I backed everything up beforehand. :)
    Hollow 1977
    Hollow 1977
    Good Luck.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

my profile has gotten so inaccurate.
I wrote this years ago, only now I posted an english version. How about we talk about procrastination?
I just noticed the minigame challenge. Now considering...
My project just started lagging during battletest and I haven't been able to figure out why...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigAlek