Recent content by SMcNeill

1. SMcNeill

-DpC- Let's Play corner

Many thanks for taking time to run through the first few minutes of gameplay Dutch. It's really helpful when you can watch other people's play style and see where various glitches pop up that don't occur when self-testing. There were several little things I noticed with your play which I'd...
  2. SMcNeill

Faces don't update in Text Display?

Many thanks, SeaPhoenix. That's exactly what I was looking for. I'm still learning the software, and having to learn all the various options with the different plug-ins is just increasing my learning curve. I'm not half as young as I used to be, so all the help you guys give to illuminate my...
  3. SMcNeill

Faces don't update in Text Display?

So I'm running a simple common script to change character's display, according to whatever armor they're currently wearing. A short snippet of the code is like this: ◆If:Nataria has equipped Nataria's Dress ◆Change Actor Images:Nataria, Teen Nataria(0), Teen Nataria/Nataria in Green...
  4. SMcNeill

Best way to handle resolution changes?

It does!! Honestly, I never would've noticed the capability, if you wouldn't have mentioned it! I guess most of the RPG Maker games, and such, that I've played and ran in the past either were from a version that didn't support resizing, or else the game had that option turned off on purpose...
  5. SMcNeill

Best way to handle resolution changes?

I’ve always wondered why the windows simply aren’t scaleable? Start a game at 640x360, and let the user grab the bottom corner or side, and scale to whatever suits their screen. Why are we locked into non-scalable windows?
  6. SMcNeill

Merchants buying/selling in batches?

This is a rather good idea. It seems much simpler than the current "manual input" method which I'm utilizing.
  7. SMcNeill

How many Parallel Process events are you running?

Reason 1: Because it’s for MV, and I’m working with MZ. I wish there was something similar I could plug in like that, but so far I haven’t found anything for MZ like that yet. ;) Reason 2: Because I’m sometimes a putz and don’t notice I’m looking/posting in MV forums instead of MZ ones, as well…
  8. SMcNeill

Merchants buying/selling in batches?

Is there a way (with or without a plug-in) to have merchants buy and sell batches of stuff? for example, I let characters gather weeds from the maps they cross. These weeds can then be used in crafting to create a hemp rope, a sack, a grass skirt… various other things. These items have worth...
  9. SMcNeill

RMMZ VisuStella CommonEventMenu

Many thanks. I'll test this later tonight and I'll let you know tomorrow if it works properly, or if something somewhere was off. :) EDIT: I finally got a chance to test this. So far, it’s working just as advertised. Many thanks for the assist here. Your solution is sooooo much prettier...
  10. SMcNeill

How many Parallel Process events are you running?

At the moment, only 1, which is used to swap character's sprites so they match the clothes worn. Unequip everything, the character walks naked across the map. Wear a green robe, then you the spite swaps over one with a green robe. It requires me a whole set of character sprites for each and...
  11. SMcNeill

RMMZ VisuStella CommonEventMenu

In my game, I have one of my characters write Journal entries as a quick and easy way to convey large amounts of information to the player, rather than toss out a long cutscene of multiple pages of dialog, and it has the added benefit of being something they can go back and easily reference in...
  12. SMcNeill

RMMZ Visustella Battle Core Question

Ah ha! Thank you very much. I couldn't sort out exactly where the settings were that I needed to change to fix this behavior, and the wiki for it is multiple screen pages long and a little difficult to navigate and follow along. I've now got this issue corrected and am well on the way to...
  13. SMcNeill

RMMZ Visustella Battle Core Question

Here’s a question for those that have worked quite a bit with the Battle Core: Is there some setting to either permanently, or temporarily, disable the “Attack Name” which appears at the top of my screen? My issue here is that attacks only allow 2 lines to describe their action. In one of my...
  14. SMcNeill

Change Font in Message Box?

After studying your screenshots, and scratching my head for about half an hour, I *FINALLY* came up with the proper combination which works here. First issue I was having: With v1.3.1 you can have items in folders. When I downloaded the VisuaStella plug-ins, they're already in Wave Bundles...
  15. SMcNeill

Change Font in Message Box?

Except it didn't. :P As you can see from the Google Font page here https://fonts.google.com/specimen/Dancing+Script , this is a cursive font. If it's working as intended, the font will be an elegant cursive text. I'm not certain which font you're loading (one of the alternative ones, I...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Playing one of the two RM2k3 games I was best known for back in the day, one I made in the Spring semester of my Freshmen year in college like 15 years ago, feeling all kinds of ways about it. I have not played this game in WELL over 10 years. I feel a million years old RN.
One of these days, I need to find/figure out how to replicate the Brave/Default system. Heheh...
Are ReSTAFFs a thing anymore? Just curious, not sure if this is thread-worthy, so just musing here
Mr_Petue wrote on ATT_Turan's profile.
please explain, why you are voting my commentary negativ.
Mr_Petue wrote on Eliaquim's profile.
please explain, why you are voting my commentary negativ.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miniseukeoteu