Recent content by .//SnowAlias

1. .//SnowAlias

Welcome to the early stages of game development. Any stories in the back of your mind that you...

Welcome to the early stages of game development. Any stories in the back of your mind that you think you can turn into a game? It doesn't have to be revolutionary, but anything is a good start!
  2. .//SnowAlias

Dealing with inconsistencies with time/era/century

If you're having a bit of trouble try using longer periods between different inventions, you can use our own history as a timeline and add or subtract 1000 to give your game its own feel (ex: 1017 or 3017). Try to use 10s or 100s for significant events, like 1450, 1400, 1800 and such. Then when...
  3. .//SnowAlias

How many people in a city, village, town, or castle to be believable?

I agree with this. Think of your game as a movie: When presenting a scene, does it have enough people in the 'area' to present the right atmosphere? Does your diner have a heavy lunch rush crowd to make the scene exciting? Does your diner have a bunch of empty seats and just the regulars...
  4. .//SnowAlias

Trying to post a demo

Since it's a demo, depending on the size of your game you can upload it to a file hosting site if the FTP option isn't possible right now. They usually cap uploads at around 1gb. My suggestion would be to get a Dropbox or google drive, upload the .zip or setup file of your game there and paste a...
  5. .//SnowAlias

What do you look for in an RPG?

Gotta love a good story. Graphics come last for me when choosing a game, because my favorite RPG of all time has to be Legend of Dragoon which is obviously a very dated game. I was wrong to have ever judged it poorly before my cousin made me ACTUALLY play it; it's the main reason I'm into game...
  6. .//SnowAlias

How do you make your stories in RPG Maker games?

To put it simply; you need to have a general idea of the mood and theme you're trying to go for and a solid ending. The game doesn't HAVE to end with your FIRST ending idea, but having a good idea of where you want to go is the guideline for your game. During development you may have one, two...
  7. .//SnowAlias

Game & Map Screenshots 9

"Wait... this isn't the bathroom"
  8. .//SnowAlias

RPG Maker Back-to-school Steam Sale!

Guess I was wrong then. I just remember a friend telling me something along those lines. I guess I'll stick with my version!
  9. .//SnowAlias

How to handle game over

Being able to turn off encounters might be an option, but that itself might take away from the danger and challenge of your dungeon. While it does put the player at ease and reduces the chance of your player becoming too frustrated, you also shouldn't sacrifice the challenge. An escape item is...
  10. .//SnowAlias

Unlocking Levels

I think you can add the Experience Sp-Parameter in the Traits and set it to 0.
  11. .//SnowAlias

DL: Class Armor

This could actually be pretty useful for implementing a clever equipment system. Well done!
  12. .//SnowAlias

YSP_Preloader

Will this work with encryption plugins?
  13. .//SnowAlias

Sapphire Action System IV

That's actually a really good idea. Would work beautifully with something I was thinking of.
  14. .//SnowAlias

Audio Lag Fix

Some of the bgms we have are quite long, I was beginning to think I'd have to settle with the delay and just make longer fades. Thank you so much for making this!

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

My Overworld might be a mix of inspiration from 2D Final Fantasy games, Breath of Fire, Battlechasers: Nightwar, Super Mario World, and Pillars of Eternity. If I can make it more in-depth than just walking from point A to point B, that might do a lot for the gameplay experience. Hmm...
Terribly depressed. Worst birthday I've had in years, no motivation to work on anything. Still no income. At least I've got my computer running again.
Doing RPG Maker News for 19th September 2021

Stream will be live with some Dark Souls 3, followed by a session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
delwin