Recent content by Snowy Fox

1. Snowy Fox

M-Drive 16 Bit Music Pack is a go! + Time Fantasy Weekly Deal!

Don't be discouraged. It takes a lot of time and practice to get music to sound like it does in your head. I've been composing and recording music since my arms were long enough to reach a keyboard, and I still sometimes have to settle for results that don't quite match what I had in mind. I...
  2. Snowy Fox

It actually means a lot to me to hear that, sale or no. I went to a lot of effort trying to strike that balance of sounding "authentic" without limiting it too much, so getting feedback like that really makes me happy. And hey, if you'd ever like something original, I'm always open for...
  3. Snowy Fox

I'm so glad the pack has induced nostalgia in so many people. I'm guessing you're a Phantasy Star veteran - you might notice some influences from the series hiding in there, too. (*Cough*villagemusic*cough*)
  4. Snowy Fox

M-DRIVE 16-bit Music Pack: Official Thread

Whoo, Super Hydlide! It's funny how many people have been crawling out of the woodwork since M-DRIVE released with "this reminds me of X game!," and it's always one nobody ever talks about and yet is one I remember, and probably drew inspiration from somewhere or other in the pack. =P (In Super...
  5. Snowy Fox

Thank you for buying the pack! An RPG with Streets of Rage inspired aesthetics sounds like a really interesting combination, and I can definitely see some of M-DRIVE's tracks suiting it. I hope I get a chance to see it when it's done! I am definitely thinking of doing more M-DRIVE sometime in...
  6. Snowy Fox

MGC's FPLE (First Person Labyrinth Explorer) Causing Random Crashes

I've just started on a perhaps ambitious new project, a large part of the design of which I'm pinning on Morngalad's First Person Labyrinth Explorer script. I already have a problem, though... FPLE is causing incredibly frequent crashes, straight to the desktop with no error message, and nothing...
  7. Snowy Fox

Me too! I personally am super excited, and while I should probably be going to bed (it's 02:30 here) I'm too frikkin' buzzed by this whole thing. >w<; To anyone who'd like to give feedback, ask for support with or just ask questions about the music pack, I've started a thread for all that over...
  8. Snowy Fox

I've formatted the music pack to be easy to drop into RPG Makers 2003, XP, VX and VX Ace, and MV, and while I can't confirm it without either buying it myself or having someone else let us know (and please do if someone reads this!), hopefully Degica have left it formatted that way, with a...
  9. Snowy Fox

The M-DRIVE 16-bit music pack is now up for grabs, and I personally am vibrating with excitement! Or maybe that cup of tea wasn't decaf. Either way, the pack has been incredibly fun and equally challenging to create, and is easily the biggest single project I have ever completed. This here is...
  10. Snowy Fox

M-DRIVE 16-bit Music Pack: Price?

Thanks for the encouragement! I never played that myself, maybe I'll go find it later.
  11. Snowy Fox

It means a lot to me that there are people expressing a desire to purchase the pack just to listen to. Thank you!
  12. Snowy Fox

M-DRIVE was influenced more by Phantasy Star IV than II, and also the rather distinctive sound of Climax's Mega Drive Games (the Shining series and Landstalker). Heavy influences for the higher-energy tracks came from the Ys series and of course the blue blur himself. A few other games lent...
  13. Snowy Fox

@Sharm, @djDarkX, @Zabu, @Grunwave, @Sauteed_Onion, @Thomas Smith, @futrchamp Going to skip the quotes this time because the posts are starting to pile up. ^^; Once again, thanks to everyone for their input. All of it is valuable, and all of it is helping to shape a picture of the market into...
  14. Snowy Fox

PX7 Thank you all so much for your thoughts and compliments! I have to admit, the responses are surprising me a little. I was personally thinking further towards the higher end of the range I suggested - even when I compared it as objectively as I could to several packs already up on the...
  15. Snowy Fox

Greetings all! I'm Snowy, a composer and sound designer, and full-time fluffy thing. Please allow me to introduce my first (upcoming) entry onto the RPG Maker store: M-DRIVE, the 16-bit music pack! ...Hang on, let me just boot it up. The music pack contains: • 14 BGM tracks • 5 ME tracks •...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I've just finished organizing music files from a music Humble Bundle I purchased a while ago (putting in specific themed playlists, deleting from playlists, deciding which games they'll be used for. etc.). I'm feeling pretty confident that the sound design for my games will be up to high standards. Sound design seems to be relatively under-discussed as a topic in game development imo.
So I just got back from SeaWorld and I'm back to working on my game. I'm stuck on Shadowstar, mainly due to needing two more princesses... I have all the canon and toy princesses, plus Sunset Shimmer just for kicks. I decided not to include Cadence since this isn't in that era. But... I'm going to have to design two OCs now.
I'm completely missing on this site :kaodes: How's everybody doing lately?
3dlm3XK.jpg
I'm looking at/working through a simple game tutorial. Town, dungeon, boss; town, dungeon, boss; etc. (Thanks, Yanfly!) I'm itching to make something complex but experience (and past disappointment!) tell me to go slow and learn.

Rome certainly wasn't built in a day. 〜( ̄▽ ̄〜)
SF_People1_2 added!
index.php

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loowa