Solo
Last Activity:
Dec 26, 2015

Share This Page

Solo

Veteran, Male, from US

Veteran

Okay somebody tell me what the frick just happened. I see RM2K3 here? What!? :o Apr 26, 2015

Solo was last seen:
Dec 26, 2015
    1. Solo
      Solo
      Okay somebody tell me what the frick just happened. I see RM2K3 here? What!? :o
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Jomarcenter
        Jomarcenter
        too busy.
        Apr 26, 2015
      3. EternalShadow
        Apr 26, 2015
      4. Solo
        Solo
        Oh my gosh, oh my gosh... just saw the trailer on Steam... the timeline... the epic music... DON MIGUEL AND MARCUS!!! AAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!! *faints from excitement*
        Apr 26, 2015
    2. Solo
      Solo
      Anybody remember 90's/early 2000's web-hosting sites like Angelfire and Geocities? Man, that takes me back. Wonder if they're still around. I thought I heard Geocities went under; I remember how I could never access any sites on there. Always got a 404 or something like that... good times man. ;_;
      2. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        You forgot "Homestead". I used to have a couple dedicated Pokémon sides on Homestead. Until they started limiting space and wanting money and such.
        Dec 7, 2014
      3. Solo
        Solo
        Ah, Homestead does ring a bell!
        Dec 7, 2014
      4. Adellie
        Adellie
        ahh i remember using both of those...
        Dec 7, 2014
    3. Solo
      Solo
      Am I the only one who avoids parallel process events like the plague? Unless absolutely necessary, of course... :\
      2. ??????
        ??????
        If I need a parallel process I just write a script...
        Jun 18, 2014
      3. Titanhex
        Titanhex
        What Shaz and Dekita said.
        Jun 18, 2014
      4. Engr. Adiktuzmiko
        Engr. Adiktuzmiko
        You should simply just try to avoid unnecessary running of codes, so yeah I don't use them unless necessary... Or if they simply make things easier but right now I can't think of any situation for that
        Jun 18, 2014
    4. Solo
      Solo
      Currently working on the site for my next game. ^_^
      1. Solo
        Solo
        It might be a bit before it's published, and I'm planning on updating it every now and then as I make progress with the actual project.
        Jun 18, 2014
      2. Engr. Adiktuzmiko
        Engr. Adiktuzmiko
        I miss updating my sites(blogs actually)... I haven't had time for more than a month now... Gonna update it sometime soon
        Jun 18, 2014
    5. Solo
      Solo
      I have a renewed zest for my next game! It'll likely take years to complete, but should I still maybe share some tidbits with the fanbase? Maybe even slap up an "in-the-making" site? :p
      2. Solo
        Solo
        I think you might be right. Thanks for your input! :)
        Jun 17, 2014
      3. Bukarett
        Bukarett
        Share it! :D I would love to follow the project!
        Jun 17, 2014
      4. Solo
        Solo
        Thank you so much for your support! ^_^
        Jun 17, 2014
    6. Solo
      Solo
      If you're ever having trouble writing the dialogue for a scene, just remember that sometimes, less is more. This is something I've learned.
      2. Solo
        Solo
        I tend to be very wordy and descriptive, but sometimes, in the context of dialogue, that can cheapen the "humanity" of a scene.
        Jun 8, 2014
      3. Alexander Amnell
        Alexander Amnell
        ^I struggle with this, as I tend to overspeak and ramble irl to the point that what is natural dialogue to me is an inhuman literary rambling to most people.
        Jun 8, 2014
      4. Solo
        Solo
        Haha, I know exactly what you mean.
        Jun 8, 2014
    7. Solo
      Solo
      I bet it was lag hell when those 3,172 users were all here on the forum last Thursday.
      1. Xoltox
        Xoltox
        Reason : "Someone told us about some $10,000 thing, so we thought lets give it a check"
        Jun 5, 2014
    8. Solo
      Solo
      I just noticed... that's more people online than I've ever seen before. And a new record was set two days ago...
      2. Amysaurus
        Amysaurus
        (Hasn't been asked this before) . . . It's magic. It changes flavors with every bite. :D
        Jun 1, 2014
      3. Solo
        Solo
        Excellent.
        Jun 1, 2014
      4. Shion Kreth
        Shion Kreth
        We have over 110k potential new members. :p
        Jun 1, 2014
    9. Solo
      Solo
      Bad, bad VX Ace! Shame on you for confounding me with your obtuse mapping! >_<
      2. Vexed
        Vexed
        @Dalph - yeah, the sprites were... interesting to put it mildly. The tiles were nice though.

@Solo - as Archeia said, you get used to it. It is a pain but there are work-arounds - if your map is quite small you can make thin objects by making the upper tile an event with the priority as "same as characters" & *through* set on. Obviously for bigger maps that gets laggy though...
        May 22, 2014
      3. Solo
        Solo
        VexedEnigma... I LOVE YOU!!! *kisskisskiss* It worked! It really, REALLY WORKED!!! :D :D :D

I thought I tried that before, and it didn't work... oh well!! ^_^
        May 22, 2014
      4. Vexed
        Vexed
        Hehehe. No worries! Glad I could help :]
        May 22, 2014
    10. Solo
      Solo
      I am slowly discovering the strange graphical quirks of VX Ace compared to XP. Granted, I'm finding workarounds, but the transition hasn't exactly been smooth. At one point I was just totally dumbfounded and like "What? Really?" -_-
      1. Solo
        Solo
        I can't really complain though, the engine is really great in every other way. The mapping system is just very... strange compared to the more "free" feeling of XP.
        May 21, 2014
      2. Lars Ulrika
        Lars Ulrika
        Just have to take a hold on it and then it goes super smoothly :)
        May 21, 2014
      3. Shaz
        Shaz
        yes. I was (and still am) the same. Bring back XP mapping!
        May 22, 2014
    11. Solo
      Solo
      "Inspiration cannot be rationalized. It usually comes during the work. I am never waiting for it." ~Alexey Pajitnov
    12. Solo
      Solo
      I have this little voice recorder on which there's a whopping 400 vocal notes I never got around to transcribing in Notepad. Some of them are years old. I almost feel like I would pay someone to transcribe them all for me... how's ten cents a note sound?
      1. Solo
        Solo
        I almost wish there were some kind of USB device I could get that would allow me to at least transfer the audio files to a computer so I could back them up and such... but the recorder only has MIC and EAR (headphone?) jacks.
        May 14, 2014
      2. Cadh20000
        Cadh20000
        The mic and headphone jacks are what you would use. Your computer has those as well, right? You can go to an electronics store and buy a cable with the plug on both ends and connect the voice recorder's headphone jack to the computer's mic jack.
        May 14, 2014
      3. Solo
        Solo
        ...Oh, wow. I'll have to look into that! Thanks!!
        May 15, 2014
    13. Solo
    14. Solo
      Solo
      Good morning! Let's see if I can get something done. Currently need to work on interior house graphics for things like beds, dressers, and so on.
    15. Solo
      Solo
      Anybody use the Shadow Pen a lot? Or do you find it better to just integrate shadows into the tileset itself?
      1. Zane
        Zane
        I ignore the thing. It's not really worth using imo.
        May 6, 2014
      2. Engr. Adiktuzmiko
        Engr. Adiktuzmiko
        I use it, to delete the autoshadows...
        May 7, 2014
    16. Solo
      Solo
      So while working on the opening scene for my next game, I realized that VXA excised the "Wait for Move's Completion" event command. I can't tell you how much I used that...
      2. Engr. Adiktuzmiko
        Engr. Adiktuzmiko
        yeah, that's normally how you do multiple movements... the one who will take the longest time to finish the route will be placed last and will be the only one set to wait
        Apr 28, 2014
      3. Shaz
        Shaz
        haha - I wrote a common event to do that. I miss it, too. Can't understand why they would have left that one out.
        Apr 28, 2014
      4. Shaz
        Shaz
        Zevia, that doesn't work if you want them all to start moving, then show a text box while they're moving, then when the text box is closed, hold off on the next command until the move route is finished.
        Apr 28, 2014
    17. Solo
      Solo
      If you don't see me around here from time to time, it's because I'm hard at work on my next game! I totally shut myself off from the outside world while making the first one. ^_^;
      1. Alexander Amnell
        Alexander Amnell
        I wish I did that more often, I'd probably get a lot more accomplished.
        Apr 26, 2014
      2. Solo
        Solo
        I may have gone overboard, however, as I seemed to have developed a kind of social phobia for awhile. I'm fine now, though.
        Apr 26, 2014
      3. William MC
        William MC
        I'd love to do that myself. Sadly work and college demand otherwise. =|
        Apr 26, 2014
    18. Solo
      Solo
      Anybody else looking forward to the release of the GB/C Mega Man/Xtreme games on the 3DS eShop? I had so much fun with those back in the day!
      1. SomaelCK
        SomaelCK
        I just wish the carry on with Megaman Legend 3...
        Apr 23, 2014
      2. Solo
        Solo
        I know, I know...
        Apr 23, 2014
    19. Solo
      Solo
      Now listening to an unused version of OoT's "Lost Woods" theme/Saria's song (from Minish Cap). I don't think there's a catchier song. Not necessarily this arrangement (though it is great), just the tune in general. ^_^
      1. Cadh20000
        Cadh20000
        I loved "Saria's Song" in OoT!
        Apr 22, 2014
      2. Solo
        Solo
        Same here. That game... it was just so great.
        Apr 22, 2014
    20. Solo
      Solo
      People are playing my game for over 100 hours, even to 120 and 150 hours and still are not finished. I totally underestimated the play time; I estimated it at "70+" because that's what it took me to go through and get everything. Should've known better! ;P
      1. Dark_Metamorphosis
        Dark_Metamorphosis
        Wow, that's insane! 100+ hours of playtime, how is that even possible haha. I have been working on my game for around 9 months (via the engine that is) and my game is so far only around 3hours long xD
        Apr 22, 2014
  • About

First Language:
    English

Signature

Love one another, and never forget your dreams! Because with God, Who is Love, ALL things are possible.