Last Activity:
Nov 28, 2018
Birthday:
May 8, 1985 (Age: 33)

Share This Page

SolonWise

Veteran, Male, 33, from Brazil

Veteran

OK, for the good of my senses, I will stay away from RPG Maker the whole weekend. Maybe I'll play Street Fighter or something. Gotta relax. Jul 15, 2018

SolonWise was last seen:
Nov 28, 2018
    1. SolonWise
      SolonWise
      OK, for the good of my senses, I will stay away from RPG Maker the whole weekend. Maybe I'll play Street Fighter or something. Gotta relax.
    2. SolonWise
      SolonWise
      I just realized that my game's opening its 7 minutes long. Is this too much? There are some scenes and all, its not only text.
      1. View previous comments...
      2. starlight dream
        starlight dream
        Definitely remove the auto-close because maybe the player will need to restart, so sitting through it again will be frustrating
        Also 7 minutes may be okay but that will depend on what actually happens during that time. If there are silences that last many seconds, lots of slow screen scrolling, watching the character walk slowly with little or no text, this is uselessly long. You can trim down such moments.^^
        Jul 7, 2018
        Marsigne and SolonWise like this.
      3. SolonWise
        SolonWise
        I will think about it. Also, I forgot to mention, there is a little nightmare in the very beginning of the game.
        Jul 7, 2018
        Marsigne and starlight dream like this.
      4. Marsigne
        Marsigne
        For the auto-close issue, you could have a cutscene skip available for those that want to get straight into the gameplay or have played the game for more than once.
        Jul 7, 2018
        starlight dream and SolonWise like this.
    3. SolonWise
      SolonWise
      Is there an easy and quick way to make the critical hits deals only twice the normal damage instead of triple it? I use MV.
      1. Drenz and Sauteed_Onion like this.
      2. Sauteed_Onion
      3. SolonWise
        SolonWise
        Thanks a meow!! Triple damage is too much.
        Jul 4, 2018
        Sauteed_Onion likes this.
    4. SolonWise
      SolonWise
      Wow! This World Cup is better than I thought! Belgium just score in the last second against Japan.
      1. Marsigne, Sauteed_Onion and Drenz like this.
      2. slimmmeiske2
        slimmmeiske2
        My heart was ready to explode during this match. Very happy and proud of my national team :)
        Jul 3, 2018
        Marsigne and SolonWise like this.
    5. SolonWise
      SolonWise
      I can't decide whether or not to auto remove KO after battles... What now?
      1. Sauteed_Onion likes this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. Sauteed_Onion
        Sauteed_Onion
        I'm leaving mine pretty much dead afterwards, if they get owned, they got to go for a cat life in a can.
        Jun 30, 2018
        SolonWise likes this.
      4. SolonWise
        SolonWise
        Thanks a meow! I'm trying to make an easy game, so I think I will make the KO heroes to auto revive after battles.
        Jun 30, 2018
      5. JtheDuelist
        JtheDuelist
        I auto remove it as battles are already hard as it is in my project, and since revive items are very rare and locked to combat-only use.
        Jun 30, 2018
        Sauteed_Onion and SolonWise like this.
    6. SolonWise
      SolonWise
      I'm making a game for my girlfriend... The main quest is to save her sick dog! How amazing is that? Haha!
      2. Arin
        Arin
        Cute! Hope she likes it! <3
        Jun 27, 2018
        SolonWise and Marsigne like this.
      3. Mystic_Enigma
        Mystic_Enigma
        A touching and noble endeavor indeed. Make it a good one! :kaohi:
        Jun 27, 2018
        SolonWise and Marsigne like this.
      4. SolonWise
        SolonWise
        We are together for only 3 months now, and she never played a RPG game before, so I'm making a really simple, short and easy game. But I think it's getting pretty good. Soon I will create a topic for it. Thanks for the support, people. :)
        Jun 28, 2018
    7. SolonWise
      SolonWise
      Don't panic!
      1. Marsigne, Drenz and Sauteed_Onion like this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. TheMutantSpaceDancer
        Jun 22, 2018
        SolonWise and starlight dream like this.
      4. starlight dream
        starlight dream
        Why? What's the problem? o_O What's the panic about??? :eek:
        Jun 22, 2018
      5. SolonWise
        SolonWise
        Hahaha! The answer is 42.
        Jun 23, 2018
    8. SolonWise
      SolonWise
      I'm wondering... Even in a completely free game, it's wrong if I use music from famous games like Final Fantasy?
      1. Ms Littlefish
        Ms Littlefish
        Yes. It violates the copyright whether the game is completely free or not. There are absolute tons of royalty free music available. 
        Jun 14, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      2. SolonWise
        SolonWise
        Good to know. Thanks, Ms Littlefish!
        Jun 14, 2016
      3. RavenBlueIndigo
        RavenBlueIndigo
        I make my own music. :D
        Jun 14, 2016
    9. SolonWise
      SolonWise
      I wonder if there is a front battle system for MV that looks like the default battle system of XP...
      1. Shaz
        Shaz
        The plugin forum would be the place to look for that, or the Plugin Requests if you want to ask for one.
        May 28, 2016
    10. SolonWise
      SolonWise
      Playing Diablo 2 again, great game! I wonder if a "dungeon crawler" would work in a RPG Maker game...
      2. Rikifive
        Rikifive
        Diablo 1 on PS1 was the best one. =3
        Nov 27, 2015
      3. SolonWise
        SolonWise
        Well, I mean the main idea of a big dungeon and only one city, the battle mode isn't the main issue. I've never seen a really good dungeon crawler game in RPG Maker, but also, I've never searched for one.
        Nov 27, 2015
      4. Rikifive
        Rikifive
        A rogue-like / Dungeon crawler RPG would be really something, that I'd love to play. Especially if that would support local coop. =3

I think it would work in RPG Maker game ~ why not? Though you're right - "I've never seen a really good dungeon crawler game in RPG Maker, but also, I've never searched for one. " Same here. ^^
        Nov 27, 2015
    11. SolonWise
      SolonWise
      I've finished the first chapter of my game in the 20 days trial of the RPG Maker MV. Soon I will post it here. :)
    12. SolonWise
      SolonWise
      I just watch Cloud in a Super Smash Bros promotional video. Still can't believe it.
      1. NeoFantasy
        NeoFantasy
        I was honesty expecting someone more Nintendo to show up like Issac or Shante but cloud looks pretty cool.
        Nov 14, 2015
      2. SolonWise
        SolonWise
        Well, they already have Ryu, MegaMan, Sonic... Smash brothers aren't about Nintendo characters anymore, but I like this way. :)
        Nov 14, 2015
      3. SOC
        SOC
        To be fair, Cloud was in Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories which was on Gameboy Advance. This does open up more possibilities, for sure. Isaac isn't an Assist Trophy for Smash 4, right? I think he's still a candidate to be added later if so, they might be planning to do some awesome proper return of Golden Sun later as well and that's why Sakurai is holding out on him.
        Nov 14, 2015
  • About

Birthday:
    May 8, 1985 (Age: 33)
    First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Just a random guy with a lot of ideas and too little time.