Recent content by Solovei

1. Solovei

That looks really cute! What font is that?

That looks really cute! What font is that?
  2. Solovei

How should you program the "beginning/intro" and the tutorial of RPG Maker games?

I'm admittedly pretty new to this community so it's possibly I'm totally off-base here, but from my experience with the friend that's getting into games for the first time, a regular person would not be able to point out an RPG Maker game vs a non-RPG maker game? Like... Maybe people who are...
  3. Solovei

How should you program the "beginning/intro" and the tutorial of RPG Maker games?

There was actually a GMTK video on this very topic posted yesterday! It mostly focuses on games that have a lot of interconnected mechanics like 4x or turn-based strategy, but a lot of the advice can be applicable to any game, especially the idea of staging tutorials when they're relevant and...
  4. Solovei

Choosing a game title

So I'm really bad at titles. Whenever I'm writing fanfic, it usually takes me at least half an hour after I'm done to come up with a good title, and even then it's usually some song title or lyric that I happened to be listening to and which (sort of) fits. I think games have an even stronger...
  5. Solovei

Animated backgrounds in RMMV

Ooh, that looks promising! What format is the parallax image in? Also, could you share a screenshot of the events you used to get it to work?
  6. Solovei

Animated backgrounds in RMMV

Hey all! I've been looking at purchasing the Japan Backgrounds Collection by GuttyKreum, the art is GORGEOUS and totally fits the vibe of my game. I know it comes with cropped versions to use as battlebacks, but I was wondering - would it be possible to use the animated images as...
  7. Solovei

@Shaz thank you! it's only a 3-month contract to start with, but might get extended, fingers...

@Shaz thank you! it's only a 3-month contract to start with, but might get extended, fingers crossed? @Quexp Or sometimes it's a triangle of money vs. time vs. energy XD
  8. Solovei

Turns out I'm starting a new job soon! Pro: I can splurge on paid assets/plugins! Con: less...

Turns out I'm starting a new job soon! Pro: I can splurge on paid assets/plugins! Con: less time to mess around with said assets/plugins...
  9. Solovei

RMMZ Grammarie--Cast Grammatically-Correct Spells, Or Else!

I didn't get a chance to play it all the way through but I thought it was really fun! I love the animations especially. Can I ask what plugins you used for the different menu sections? Like, the ones that have the characters/journal/magic items? I've been trying to do something similar with my...
  10. Solovei

@Quexp I'd love to learn JavaScript! But... maybe one thing at a time XD

@Quexp I'd love to learn JavaScript! But... maybe one thing at a time XD
  11. Solovei

"Magic and SF Pack" - Licensing question

Sweet! Thanks for the speedty reply :D
  12. Solovei

"Magic and SF Pack" - Licensing question

Hi! I hope this is the right forum for this kind of question (and sorry if it was already covered elsewhere!) Last night I was doing some tileset edits, using tiles from the "Magic and SF Pack" that was included with the installation of MV that I got on Steam. The Readme file in the folder...
  13. Solovei

Taking a Python class and tonight's lecture is on loops. Instructor mentions flag variables that...

Taking a Python class and tonight's lecture is on loops. Instructor mentions flag variables that tell the loop when to stop running. Me, taking notes: "oooh it's like turning a switch on and off in RPG Maker! :kaojoy: "
  14. Solovei

RMMV Static Variable

This one, maybe? https://fallenangelolivia.itch.io/meta-controls
  15. Solovei

The only thing I would change is making them even smaller on the overworld map XD I swear I saw...

The only thing I would change is making them even smaller on the overworld map XD I swear I saw a plugin somewhere that does that but I can't find it anymore

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

some test stuff. Empty for now. My other project (this project) needs more attention. The lagging really kicks up when I try to capture gameplay. ✨
Real-Time Battles, Pixel Filter, Animate Cursor & Menus & Windows | RPG Maker News #114

When your side job becomes more interesting than your dayjob and you think "do I quit again or finally actually do the same thing for more than five consecutive years..." I don't think I'll ever be able to say that though, I just cannot stick with one thing like you're 'supposed to'.
Does the word "research" imply that you're searching for something that had been found before?
So Dad broke the blinds two days ago and he finally decided to try to fix them. I doubt he'll do very well without some help. And I can't help him myself--I don't know how the stink to fix those blinds. My knowledge is just plushies, mascots, computers, animation, and video game design. And also, I've had to stop family and friends from downloading viruses too many times to count.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyanfoxxx32