SomaelCK
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Awarded medals About

• May the force be with me tomorrow! So excited!!! :D
    Alexander Amnell
    Alexander Amnell
    ...no, I don't have a television subscription.
    Vox Novus
    Vox Novus
    I am a jedi as my father before me! Its got good critic reviews so far and it had an absolutely massive budget so they had the room to make something big.
    Aoi Ninami
    Aoi Ninami
    Just saw it, and it's wonderful. Completely avoiding the trailers was totally worth it.
    *unpopular opinion puffin* Instead of nitpicking at every chance, RM users should support decent/great commercial RM games. When 9 out of 10 games are good/decent, the stigma surrounding with commercial RM games will slowly fade. It’s good for RM community, right? – Hide before being skewer by pitchforks.
    Dalph
    Dalph
    they use store bought assets (heavily edited and used well too). Then you look at their

profile and notice that their game uses stock RTP as well (and in a bad way) and is

completely ignored too in the process. This screams jealousy and

hypocrisy to me, these people should be just ignored.
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    @Dalph - I agree that there's nothing wrong with store resources or the RTP. I do, however, have a problem with how few changes are generally made to other things - default mechanics and systems with only visual changes. There are a lot of generic RPG Maker games being uploaded to Greenlight.
    Dalph
    Dalph
    @The Stranger:

Good point there, more variety and customization mechanic-wise would certainly help a lot of rm games.
    Urgh! Went over to RMMV forum on Steam and some threads there give me cancer...
    Tsukihime
    Tsukihime
    The supporting arguments aren't that much better. "It's meant to be simple enough for kids!" "It's bringing back the good old times!"
    Vox Novus
    Vox Novus
    I think even Andar tried to clear some stuff up at one point but it didn't seem to make a difference.
    taarna23
    taarna23
    I'm just gunna make use of it and be happy that I don't have to go to another engine to get multiplatform support. Coding an RPG mostly from scratch did not sound like much fun to me.
    Finally homed from TGS 2015 Business trip! Going to share my experience on showing my game Wanda at TGS 2015 :D I've talked with a lot of people from JPN game industry.
    According to recent polls in GameFAQs about what make you buy a game, out of 20,000 answers, roughly 35% said "It was the screenshots and trailers", and the second most votes goes to "Player Reviews". I guess, "First Impressions" and "Word of mouth marketing" are the keys for commercial success.
    Marsigne
    Marsigne
    ^Yes; there is a difference between wanting to have good graphics and wanting graphics in an obsessive manner, which is the superficial people that Dalph talk about. I think mapping would be included here xD and maybe effects... well, graphics in general.
    Shaz
    Shaz
    I don't think you can pick one single thing (or even just two) that "make" or "break" a game. Everything goes together to form the player experience - even if it's a subconscious thing. The player cannot be "aware" of everything being presented to them, but the experience would be different if any one of those things were different, or bad, or missing. Even if you must focus on just one thing at a time, make sure every element gets your undivided attention a...
    Shaz
    Shaz
    at some point.
    mlogan
    mlogan
    Okay, you are ridiculous. Making me tear up over a game trailer?!? wth? :p

I seriously cannot wait for this. It looks amazing and I want to squish and love little robots.
    SomaelCK
    SomaelCK
    Thanks!!! The dev progress is kinda slow this month tho :(
    People are bashing Amber Throne for being 640 x 480 resolution?? What's wrong with those hater? It is one of the most amazing game out there! What's wrong with those RM haters!?
    CrazyCrab
    CrazyCrab
    Eh, it's like nowadays anything that doesn't run in 60+ frames per second and doesn't have all the resolution + graphics options is pure poop to not swear here. Not to mention that bigger resolutions just make pixel art look bad, you're just stretching it. Eh.
    Robin
    Robin
    'One of the most amazing games out there' - Really? Art aside, what about it is notable?
    SomaelCK
    SomaelCK
    Oh, I meant to say, 'amazing looking rm game' out there. Visually, it doesn't even look like an RM game anymore. The resolution is not a problem with visual like that, imo.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Doing RPG Maker News #18 | Moghunter is Back, Encrypt MV/MZ Plugins, Isometric Geometric Tiles
Unironically, no joke, after consideration and self-reflection, I have decided that the best thing for my creative/workflow/commitment problems is to spend EVEN MOAR hours a day playing videogames than I normally do. (Micro-thread)
FINALLY got my weather system implemented. Who needs a black mage when you have a weathermancer! :p
Oh boy! COVID19 lockdown again! Good thing I already never go outside! :D
This one is less showing off and more 'I really don't know how I feel about this one.' The 'child' sprite template I made either works great or doesn't at times. (She is a fairy, so I made her small).
Morgan.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MS278