spec3
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• I've made another custom "state" that spreads through the character's body. Nothing fancy, but it works! :D
    If only days had 48h...
    So I made a custom parasitical "state" through eventing (using only variables and event calls, not using the States menu). I have one UI button for health checkups, which when interacted tells about your character conditions. I just don't know how to tell the player when the character is infected. Images? Audio cues? Should I let the person playing figure it out by itself in the health checkup? :LZSskeptic:
    CraneSoft
    CraneSoft
    It really depends on what kind of "parasitism", if it is something like pregnancy that goes through various "stages" and is not immediately clear on infection, you could give some warning messages when it "advances" in stage, during their normal everyday routine (mostly in their sleep).
    Reactions: spec3
    spec3
    spec3
    Every hour the infection adds +1. If it's >15 the health scan accuse the infection (you need to click to scan to receive the warning), if it's <15 then everything looks normal. I made this with the approach that if they suspect something is wrong they should preemptively scan themselves, but I am worried if I do not notificate the players would be kinda unfair or too hard.
    spec3
    spec3
    Do you mean like a normal message popup saying something was detected? Yeah, I could see that. Also it is not a very complicated solution. I like it.
    Nothing groundbreaking, but I've made a custom load "menu" based in events which changes according to the character selected and I'm very happy. :LZSjoy:
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Ah yes, the time honored RM tradition of throwing it all out and making it better. Pretty certain we all do it at some point. Though I've switched to once a month just cleaning up my current project. Then continuing working on it.. So er..I get done some year. :kaoswt:
    spec3
    spec3
    Hahaha, yes. On one hand it was good since I could work on the story before putting real effort on the game itself, on the other took me a lot of time I could be already putting effort on the game itself. :guffaw:
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Just do what I do, tell yourself it's so you'll have better tools for the next game.... You know the one after the one you're currently working on and restarting over and over. :kaoswt:
    I did not read anything about the new RM release yet, but you know something that I think would be cool? If the release had integration with the forums. On the other hand, I only like this idea if non-mandatory, I dislike things that make you be 100% of the time online to use it. :LZSskeptic:
    spec3
    spec3
    I was entertaining myself with the idea of a "browser", a "store" integrated into the software. But without disregarding a point I find negative about it. Don't mind me. hahaha
    Calluses
    Calluses
    A built-in log sharing system of some kind might be good for beginners troubleshooting. Forum integration almost sounds nice but adding that would most likely just be extra effort for something that could end up looking messy when paired with the engine.
    spec3
    spec3
    Yeah. Hypotetically I think it's a cool idea, practically it's a whole other beast. Yours is far more plausible. haha
    Taking advantage that there is nothing to do during the lockdown and I started some e-learning courses at 5 a.m. :LZSskeptic:
    friendly reminder: take a pause, breath, and have an awesome day :)
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I'm sure this question's been asked before, but I can't find an answer: is there any way to run the Steam version of RPGMaker *without* being logged into Steam? It's a frustrating extra step sometimes.
Been seeing bright flashes in the sky for a while, and thought it was my eyes playing tricks on me. Nope! Lightning. Now it's raining heavily. Seeing lightning, but not hearing thunder, is weird.
Small Update for myself:
>Two Dungeon maps are done, Dungeon 3 is in progress. Dungeon 4 needs work.
>4 characters set up out of a possible 6 but those come later.
>Hub area needs work.
>Game completion..., 20-25% maybe?
Does anyone else find writing dialogue hard?
You guys want more tutorials? Well not only are we doing new video tutorials with Driftwood, we've also brought in two contributing authors for the blog to get a new tutorial every week! First one here from @Avery
https://blog.rpgmakerweb.com/tutorials/tutorial-mapping-interior/

Next week we'll get something from @hiddenone

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ighjku