Recent content by Spooks

1. Spooks

(MV) Majorly different styled sprites

No need to change anything, these are perfect. Thank you so much.
  2. Spooks

No worries, I'm not in any rush to get things done.
  3. Spooks

That's a relief, I was worried you might already have invested too much time into one character to turn back. You don't have to worry about the style though, I think it works perfectly for what I had in mind.
  4. Spooks

I'm sorry for not clarifying this sooner, I meant an 8 bit character and a 16 bit character who aren't the same person. I've already got 2/4ths of the main party designed and I was looking for two more characters to add. I'm only just now realizing that I didn't outright say it and that's my...
  5. Spooks

The B sprites look great, I love the minute shading details on the hair. And I love the look of the damage sprites too with how you can see the hand color take place over the neck, showing a kinda prone stance. It's perfect.
  6. Spooks

Teleportation+autorun screwing up literally everything

That's odd. The player is actually able to move on that screen but not after teleportation (or wasn't able to at least.) But thanks for pointing that out, now I realize why she wasn't turning to the player.
  7. Spooks

The solution was to force the player to move right. Don't know why, don't know how, it just did.
  8. Spooks

I'm having trouble every five seconds because teleportation and autorun love to screw me over. On multiple occasions with entirely different scripts the player should be transported to a specific spot and that be the end of it, but instead they get teleported to a different spot and can't move...
  9. Spooks

Honestly just whatever you think would make each character look the best without bothering you with too much work. I prefer to give the artist most of the control over their development process since I've got no clue how half of that stuff works. I'm fine with a short 16x16 for the 8-bit since...
  10. Spooks

Both color palette and style are what I was thinking. I only really need the walking and hurt sprites since I don't use side battler too often. The best references I could find were from FF and FFVI for 8 and 16 bit sprites. I couldn't find any 32-bit sprites that were fantasy related, they...
  11. Spooks

Is pointless dialogue good for story games?

My game is heavy on all different kinds of visuals so I figured out early that you can add a lot of visuals and teach players out to differentiate story from filler. Basically every item or even things as basic as a table have something interesting to be said about them. That way people can...
  12. Spooks

I'm looking for moving sprites (and faces for those sprites) that are based on varying bits. An 8 bit character, a 16 bit character, and a 32 bit character. I'd prefer a medieval look but that's about all the specifications I've got, I'm sure I'll fit them into the story no matter what gender or...
  13. Spooks

I actually agree with all the points you made. It's my bad I struggle with putting my ideas into words sometimes. My point was just that a lot of people don't add true insight (and similarly to what you said) just state something simple like "it's a bed" rather than "It's a bed. You can still...
  14. Spooks

I guess calling it pointless wouldn't be right. My point is just that most cases of whatever you'd call this form of dialogue has no benefit to the story outside of revealing the main characters thought on something insignificant.
  15. Spooks

I'm developing a game that has a ton of story and I just love filling rooms with objects that all compliment each other and giving them their own individual silent hill-esque pointless dialogue. For example interacting with a flower would give you something like "It's a red flower, the petals...

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

BCj
Working on Escalia again, feels good. Have this overwhelming urge to map as well, but need to get some extra tiles commissioned first :D
Lee Sang wrote on Bandito's profile.
Hi, I've just tried your plugin "Game is Active" and when I tested it on Android, it gave me an error, something about "Cannot read property 'underfined' of underfined.
With my project, I want the player to have access to all the tools they need to get from New Game to Credits as soon as possible; I want the player's progress to only be impeded by the player not knowing how to use the tools the game provides.
Just a little close up shot...
w2xZocX.jpg
finally drew the last member of "team outcast" for my game. since my game has a lot fighting game elements in it, there's bosses in teams of three like King of Fighters.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paravn9