standardplayer
Last Activity:
Sep 21, 2019 at 4:51 PM

Share This Page

standardplayer

Keeper of Kitties

Veteran

I'm thinking of a tutorial. Who made it? @The Stranger, the clock is ticking! Sep 16, 2019 at 12:36 PM

standardplayer was last seen:
Sep 21, 2019 at 4:51 PM
    1. standardplayer
      standardplayer
      If someone were to narrate my life, they'd have a real sarcastic tone. I want to live the type of life that Morgan Freeman would narrate.
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Poryg
        Poryg
        Well, imagine being so tired you cannot make a proper decision.
        Aug 9, 2019
        standardplayer and Ms Littlefish like this.
      3. Ms Littlefish
        Ms Littlefish
        I woke up at 0057, so I got that one down.
        Aug 9, 2019
        standardplayer likes this.
      4. standardplayer
        standardplayer
        @Poryg Morgan Freeman might understand, but Judge Judy doesn't want to hear about how tired you were.
        Aug 9, 2019
    2. standardplayer
      standardplayer
      At 31, I still laugh when the chocolate syrup bottle makes a fart noise when it's running low. I hope it's still funny when I'm 40 :D
      1. Ms Littlefish
        Ms Littlefish
        The ketchup bottle still does a bang-up job as well.
        Aug 8, 2019
      2. Mystic_Enigma
        Mystic_Enigma
        You mean like THIS?
        Aug 8, 2019
      3. standardplayer
        standardplayer
        That is EXACTLY what I mean lol, I love when they slowed it down for the replay and the earth shakes
        Aug 8, 2019
    3. standardplayer
      standardplayer
      Some days I want to just pack it all up, move away and pursue my dream of opening a used horse dealership. Oh, the commercials I'd have...
      1. Traveling Bard
        Traveling Bard
        Will you have wacky waving inflatable arm-flailing tube men?
        Aug 8, 2019
      2. standardplayer
        standardplayer
        That and more. I want to do a shouty man commercial for it. Zero-Zero-Z-Z-Zero APR financing for 9 MONTHS with $2500 down!
        Aug 8, 2019
        Traveling Bard likes this.
    4. standardplayer
      standardplayer
      Every once in a while, I see a project that makes me realize I need to step it up. That happened again today. I like it here.
      1. Lemonrice likes this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. standardplayer
        standardplayer
        Absolutely. It gets me pumped, I've learned several different sports, games and hobbies in my life specifically to compete against someone who blew me away. I hope this person releases their project
        Aug 6, 2019
        Lemonrice likes this.
      4. Kuro DCupu
        Kuro DCupu
        Sounds like the start of the infamous never ending cycle.
        Aug 6, 2019
      5. HexMozart88
        HexMozart88
        Now I'm curious as to what that project was.
        Aug 6, 2019
    5. standardplayer
      standardplayer
      I miss game cartridges. I miss that solid click of the front loader nes when you pushed the deck down. That resistance...
      2. standardplayer
        standardplayer
        The collection of games is probably what I miss most. They used to take up PHYSICAL space, your collection visually grew. I always put em in alphabetical order. Always held on to my hard cases. Nowadays it's all gone :(
        Aug 5, 2019
      3. Ami
        Ami
        we must grateful with old day of gaming,even the modern day like this. we struggling to using our lunch saving just to buy the new games,even we scolded by parents just buying the new games.
        Aug 5, 2019
      4. Galenmereth
        Galenmereth
        I also miss when I bought a game and it was complete and finished on the cartridge. No need to an extra download just to play the game, or day-1 patches. Buying a complete game that’ll keep working until the parts wear down... Why is that no longer possible?
        Aug 5, 2019
    6. standardplayer
      standardplayer
      1. standardplayer
        standardplayer
        You deserve happiness. Let the warm glow of Poryg's lighthearted and affable demeanor. Now with 2x the couth.
        Aug 1, 2019
      2. standardplayer
        standardplayer
        Bathe in the warm glow*
        I really need to make sure I fully delete statements when I decide to change them.
        Aug 1, 2019
      3. Poryg
        Poryg
        Lol... xD
        Aug 1, 2019
    7. standardplayer
      standardplayer
      It's here. @Poryg has created a 101 minute video covering the event commands using script calls and the console. Can't stop learning. Help!
      1. Starbird_Resources likes this.
      3. standardplayer
        standardplayer
        So modest. They say @Poryg once slew a 50 foot dragon that was trying to save an event whose creator forgot to set it to Parallel Process. I was there, and I say it was a 60 foot dragon.
        Jul 31, 2019
        Kes likes this.
      4. standardplayer
        standardplayer
        *typo
        A dragon that was trying to kill an event
        Jul 31, 2019
      5. Kes
        Kes
        @standardplayer I rather like the idea of a dragon saving a bad event, it's the sort of unhelpful thing that dragons often do (by repute - I've never met one personally).
        Jul 31, 2019
    8. standardplayer
      standardplayer
      If you haven't watched Poryg's new (and old) tutorial videos, your life is incomplete.
      2. Poryg
        Poryg
        And a new video is on the way, it's just still in the oven. 90 minutes of MV event commands :D
        Jul 30, 2019
        standardplayer and Amane Kagari like this.
      3. standardplayer
        standardplayer
        Everywhere I go, people are talking about Poryg's new videos. It's on t-shirts, it's on the news, there's a Netflix series, the list goes on
        Jul 30, 2019
      4. Poryg
        Poryg
        I doubt that :D
        Jul 30, 2019
    9. standardplayer
      standardplayer
      I want to see the Brave Little Toaster remade as a horror movie, live action.
      1. The Stranger and phil777 like this.
      2. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        Jul 29, 2019
      3. Philosophus Vagus
        Philosophus Vagus
        I would rather see all dogs go to heaven in live action. Darkest kids movie ever, I'm fairly certain todays pc worlda movie abouta gangster who cheats death and trafficks children, only to redeem himself in the end would make most critics heads explode. It would be glorious.
        Jul 30, 2019
        The Stranger and standardplayer like this.
      4. standardplayer
        standardplayer
        @Philosophus Vagus Haha rememeber when people actually tried to solve social issues instead of tweeting complaints about stories and movies and calling it the same thing?
        Jul 30, 2019
    10. standardplayer
      standardplayer
      If I get one more day taken away within an hour of it beginning I'm going to frickin lose it.
      1. standardplayer
        standardplayer
        Day off*
        Jul 25, 2019
      2. OmnislashXX
        OmnislashXX
        That used to happen to me a lot. "Well, you see Chanice has been off for the entire week but her psiatic nerve is acting up so can you please work an extra day?" Sure.
        Jul 25, 2019
      3. standardplayer
        standardplayer
        Used to have an older coworker who went out once a year for his sciatic nerve. We called it his Sciatic Vacation, or his 'Trip to Isle Del Sciatica'
        Jul 26, 2019
    11. standardplayer
      standardplayer
      Everyone likes at least one Journey song. If you say you don't then you're a LIAR.
      2. Hudell
        Hudell
        Turns out I do have a music by them on my spotify playlist; I usually don't pay attention to the names of the tracks or bands so I have no idea what I listen to, but this one caught my attention because the track name is in japanese.
        Jul 24, 2019
      3. standardplayer
        standardplayer
        Yeah man, Journey has some good tunes ^^
        Jul 24, 2019
      4. standardplayer
        standardplayer
        Yeah man, Journey has some good tunes ^^
        Jul 24, 2019
    12. standardplayer
      standardplayer
      It's rarely that I don't know how to do it. It's that I can think of 8 ways to do it, and don't feel like trying all 8 ><
      1. Poryg and HexMozart88 like this.
      3. Poryg
        Poryg
        C, C++ and Java have a lot of syntactical similarities, so it's only natural that Javascript tries to look like them as they're used a ton. If you ask me, I hate python's syntax, because even though it forces you to indent, I find the curly brackets easier to read.
        Jul 22, 2019
      4. HexMozart88
        HexMozart88
        Python and Ruby are good for if you don't know any other languages. I never really bothered to learn much RGSS because its syntax is virtually unrecognizable.
        Jul 23, 2019
        Poryg and standardplayer like this.
      5. Poryg
        Poryg
        True, not to mention, with node.js we are now getting our hands on a really powerful tool that uses JS syntax. So Ruby on Rails is losing on popularity. Python still maintains its, because it's useful in data analysis and machine learning.
        Jul 23, 2019
        standardplayer and HexMozart88 like this.
    13. standardplayer
      standardplayer
      I don't about you, but for me, a good sneeze is amazing. Gotta come in pairs. If I don't get my second sneeze, I feel robbed.
      1. The Stranger likes this.
      3. Wavelength
        Wavelength
        I generally only get 1, but dayum, do I feel like a new man afterwards!
        Jul 19, 2019
      4. mylafter
        mylafter
        If you feel robbed not getting that second sneeze, how do you feel when you're about to sneeze the first time but it doesn't happen?
        Jul 19, 2019
      5. standardplayer
        standardplayer
        @mylafter don't you talk about those! We don't talk about that here.
        Jul 19, 2019
        mylafter likes this.
    14. standardplayer
      standardplayer
      Some days I feel like I'm on bridge 4. Show me some solidarity-spren.
    15. standardplayer
      standardplayer
      Narrowly avoided an 18 hour work day. Thank you, sun, for beating down on my boss and tiring him out early.
      1. Ryisunique likes this.
    16. standardplayer
      standardplayer
      Today, on Two Narcissists and A Chump, will Chump be able to land the programming job, or will he continue to work for the Narcissists?
      1. Mystic_Enigma
        Mystic_Enigma
        I hope this episode isn't a downer like the last one!
        Jul 16, 2019
      2. standardplayer
        standardplayer
        For the last time, that episode was part-two of a two-parter - you gotta go back another episode!
        Jul 16, 2019
    17. standardplayer
      standardplayer
      Watched two new tutorials by @Poryg last night. Awesome, aspiring scripters should check them out
      1. Shaz likes this.
    18. standardplayer
      standardplayer
      My boss tried to give me relationship advice. He's 30 and has never had a relationship longer than 3 months. I smell some more r/whoosh...
      2. standardplayer
        standardplayer
        I can't really give context. But I can elaborate a bit. He gave advice that I understood, but I don't think he understood why it made no sense, and why the advice he gave refuted itself.
        Jul 11, 2019
      3. standardplayer
        standardplayer
        Point is, I just wanted to get something off my chest, and I told him that from the start. So here's some advice from anyone who wants to listen. Sometimes, when someone is venting, it's just because the tongue is the quickest exit from the heart. People don't always want you to fix their problem. They just want you to listen, and let them know you hear them
        Jul 11, 2019
        Bex likes this.
      4. Nantas
        Nantas
        The thing is, males are often willing to fix other's problems when they learn there are some. Girls tend to be more about listening. But that's all question of how you were raised and who you want to be.
        Jul 11, 2019
    19. standardplayer
      standardplayer
      I love watching cringe, and today I've been watching otherkin cringe. Haha why are they all dragons, wolves or faeries?!?! Haha silly Earth.
      1. Golden Unicorn Gaming likes this.
      3. standardplayer
        standardplayer
        Yeah, you can't just cherry pick your kin. People have to start being more honest with their kinselves.
        Jul 10, 2019
      4. Darth Equus
        Darth Equus
        While we're at it, why not algae-kin? Mold-kin? Bacteria-kin! Virus-kin! Heck, even PRION-KIN!
        Jul 10, 2019
      5. Philosophus Vagus
        Philosophus Vagus
        If you can identify as something that you are physically not, then it is no more nuts to identify as anything you wish to be. Therefor if otherkin are not legitimate than no identity that contradicts biology is from a logical standpoint, it's either all a social construct or it isn't. I identify as Donald Trump, but the bigoted banks won't let me into his...er...my accounts.
        Jul 10, 2019
    20. standardplayer
      standardplayer
      No matter what happens to you in life, remember, you weren't in the Highlander movies, so you haven't hit rock bottom. Keep your head up,
      1. Mystic_Enigma likes this.
      2. BlueMage
        BlueMage
        {\__/}
        ( • - •) Pencil?
        / >✎... It cost only 1 like
        Jul 9, 2019
      3. Windows i7
        Windows i7
        Even if you do hit rock bottom, that means the only direction to go from there is up. There is always hope.
        Jul 9, 2019
      4. standardplayer
        standardplayer
        Oh boy...and here I thought there could be only one...
        Jul 10, 2019
  • About

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A

Signature

This is my signature. You can tell by the way it's in the signature area of my posts.