standardplayer
Last Activity:
Sep 17, 2019 at 11:51 AM

Share This Page

standardplayer

Keeper of Kitties

Veteran

I'm thinking of a tutorial. Who made it? @The Stranger, the clock is ticking! Sep 16, 2019 at 12:36 PM

standardplayer was last seen:
Sep 17, 2019 at 11:51 AM
    1. standardplayer
      standardplayer
      One more day under my belt. Life can be surprisingly long.
      1. Romanticist and crimsonkarl like this.
      2. Windows i7
        Windows i7
        It can also be surprisingly short, so try to make the most of it.
        Jul 8, 2019
        Romanticist likes this.
      3. standardplayer
        Jul 8, 2019
        Romanticist likes this.
    2. standardplayer
      standardplayer
      My health metrics are looking really good, I'm only iffy on 2 of 13 stats. Now time for a Big Mac and a 20 piece. Murica!
    3. standardplayer
      standardplayer
      Haven't had cable in years, all streaming over here. Venture Bros just put up their new season Thursday, can't stop laughing. I missed this.
    4. standardplayer
      standardplayer
      I need to cut my hair, because I don't trust other adult males with long hair. Also, sometimes I drive my boss's windowless white work van.
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Philosophus Vagus
        Philosophus Vagus
        @Windows i7 where was this? Not saying you are lying but I've never once heard long hair personifying homosexuality. I've heard the opposite with women with short haircuts being assumed lesbians but growing up in the bible belt the reason my grandmother hated when I started growing my hair out was always the bible verse that states "does not nature itself teach that for a man to wear long hair is a disgrace to him."
        Jul 4, 2019
      3. Philosophus Vagus
        Philosophus Vagus
        not any stigma over homosexual connotations. I'm just curious, pretty well traveled but have never heard of the two being equated like that.
        Jul 4, 2019
      4. Windows i7
        Windows i7
        @Philosophus Vagus it was in Corpus Christi Texas around 2001 or so. Homophobic slurs were often directed at guys with long hair in my experience.
        Jul 5, 2019
    5. standardplayer
      standardplayer
      What if it turned out that this forum was the real game, and the RPG and VN Makers were just minigames and DLC?
      1. Starbird_Resources likes this.
      2. BlueMage
        BlueMage
        Is this a riddle?
        Jul 3, 2019
      3. FleshToDust
        FleshToDust
        Then I'd say I suck at this game.
        Jul 4, 2019
        standardplayer likes this.
      4. Windows i7
        Windows i7
        Life is the real game... with real consequences.
        Jul 5, 2019
    6. standardplayer
      standardplayer
      As sensitive as some people are, I'm surprised RPG's don't typically have a 'feelings' gauge like HP and MP. Think I just got a game idea ^^
      1. NeoFantasy
        NeoFantasy
        I tried implementing that in a previous game, it would affect how party members would react and interact with the main character.
        Jul 2, 2019
      2. SepulcherGeist
        SepulcherGeist
        I'm working on both a friendship system and a "sanity" system for my own game, and the sanity will be a gauge like HP.
        Jul 2, 2019
      3. standardplayer
        standardplayer
        I of course presented this idea somewhat in jest, but I actually do like a good bit of humor in games, if it doesn't change up the tone too much.
        Jul 2, 2019
    7. standardplayer
      standardplayer
      Saved by the Bell 3: Slater's Revenge (The first two were on Famicom and Super Famicom, respectively.)
    8. standardplayer
      standardplayer
      Sometimes......sometimes, internet male to internet female interactions, even here on the forums....ohhhhh they make me cringe.
      1. PaladinJessa likes this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. PaladinJessa
        PaladinJessa
        Good. Gosh. You think those are bad, you should see what goes on in private messages sometime. (Thankfully havent had that issue on this site yet)
        Jun 30, 2019
        crimsonkarl and standardplayer like this.
      4. PaladinJessa
        PaladinJessa
        @shockra I dont think its got anything to do with being an idiot... just a lack of understanding how to act. Confidence, not arrogance. Respect, not worship. etc etc.
        Jun 30, 2019
      5. standardplayer
        standardplayer
        Lol look fellas, being a guy doesn't make you an awkward creep. Being awkward and creepy does. Also, in general, self-effacement almost always indicates neck-beardery
        Jun 30, 2019
    9. standardplayer
      standardplayer
      I've heard of flat earthers, but I just found out space-deniers exist! Hahahahaha it's right there you chuckleheads! I love life XD
      1. Amane Kagari likes this.
      3. standardplayer
        standardplayer
        @FleshToDust wouldn't it suck if they were the people who turned out to be right? Like what if that's really how it all ends? That last cow fart that pushes us over the edge. 'The fart heard around the world'....
        Jun 29, 2019
      4. FleshToDust
        FleshToDust
        *Imagines earth with massive cloud of smelly cow farts hovering*
        It had to end some way but... Not like this... No... Not like this...
        Jun 29, 2019
      5. Poryg
        Poryg
        I'm not stupid, luckily. I don't deny the existence of space... I deny the existence of Ctrl-Alt-Delete!
        Jun 30, 2019
        standardplayer and FleshToDust like this.
    10. standardplayer
      standardplayer
      Hey Avast! Maybe you don't kill my Visual Studio programs, and I don't switch to AVG.
      1. Mrs_Allykat likes this.
      3. standardplayer
        standardplayer
        @Mrs_Allykat I've read that, a lot of developers say Defender + Malwarebytes is a nice safe combo. I'm too cheap to pay for it, though
        Jun 29, 2019
        Mrs_Allykat likes this.
      4. Mrs_Allykat
        Mrs_Allykat
        Spybot is a good alternative for helping keep spyware off of your computer too. It's generally free. But, oh my lord, it slows up boot time. I have a copy, but I keep it on a pendrive, so I only update/use it every now and then.
        Jun 29, 2019
      5. FleshToDust
        FleshToDust
        I don't even use an antivirus but adblock works for the most part. Lot of viruses comes from ads.
        Jun 29, 2019
    11. standardplayer
      standardplayer
      Every article I read on dealing with people who have NPD seems like instructions on how to enjoy having Stockholm Syndrome.
      1. Marsigne
        Marsigne
        What's going on? A war's going on.
        Jun 28, 2019
    12. standardplayer
      standardplayer
      Top boss is gonna be at work tonight. Presumably drunk. Wish me luck. Last week he raged for 7 hours then passed out on the street.
      1. Marsigne likes this.
      3. standardplayer
        standardplayer
        I don't find him scary, physically. He knows not to try anything like that with me, the problem is having a guy like that be in charge of whether you're employed and when you get paid.
        Jun 28, 2019
      4. Windows i7
        Windows i7
        Well, find out what he hates and avoid doing that as much as possible. Just don't suck up because I can almost guarantee you that will make things worse.
        Jun 28, 2019
      5. standardplayer
        standardplayer
        I don't suck up to anyone. His biggest problem with me is that he is unable to get a rise out of me. He has NPD and is very unstable. I grew up with one parent that had NPD and another that was addicted to every drug you can think of. I don't fold, but being under the power of unstable people brings back crappy memories
        Jun 28, 2019
    13. standardplayer
      standardplayer
      What's worse? Jackhammering up a wetbed, or the fact that for no reason there's wire unnecessary netting on top of the the entire subfloor?
      1. Marsigne likes this.
      2. Marsigne
        Marsigne
        The latter.
        Jun 25, 2019
      3. standardplayer
        standardplayer
        Correct! I love using the jackhammer. I hate getting it caught every literal inch of the way under a wire net that didn't need to be there (the subfloor is high tensile concrete that's in excellent shape)
        Jun 25, 2019
        Marsigne likes this.
      4. Marsigne
        Marsigne
        As a tech enthusiast, I definitely see what you mean. :aswt:
        Jun 25, 2019
    14. standardplayer
      standardplayer
      One day, I will release my Utilities plugin that I have for personal use. I've been saying it for a year. One day...Not today though. Busy.
      1. Marsigne likes this.
      3. standardplayer
        standardplayer
        OMG wait, you're right lol dayum, so it wasn't JUST a bad joke. Poryg, I was trying to respond to your status about having burned 100-some chicken legs. I think. I don't know anymore.
        Jun 25, 2019
        Marsigne likes this.
      4. Poryg
        Poryg
        :D Well, either way I have no idea how many burgers that is as it wasn't something I could choose as a measurement.
        Jun 25, 2019
        Marsigne and standardplayer like this.
      5. Marsigne
        Marsigne
        One day.
        Jun 25, 2019
    15. standardplayer
      standardplayer
      Me: Hey babe, I'm gonna teach you C#.
      1. Marsigne likes this.
      3. Marsigne
        Marsigne
        I had lots of things in my PC that I deleted.
        Jun 23, 2019
      4. OmnislashXX
        OmnislashXX
        You should have a Plan B in order to prevent pregnancy.
        Jun 23, 2019
        standardplayer and Marsigne like this.
      5. standardplayer
        standardplayer
        What sucks is now that it's installed, and it's four years younger than my own pc's version....I kinda want to delete mine and install 2019. Congratulations life, you win.
        Jun 23, 2019
        Marsigne likes this.
    16. standardplayer
      standardplayer
      Let's make 2019 the year we finally ask the question....would a burger on a bagel work?
      1. FleshToDust
        FleshToDust
        No. Bagels not soft enough.
        Jun 23, 2019
    17. standardplayer
      standardplayer
      Remember that time I had a stable schedule for the next four months, and then a day later my coworker quit and took the stability with him?
      1. OmnislashXX
        OmnislashXX
        Nope.
        Jun 21, 2019
      2. standardplayer
        standardplayer
        @OmnislashXX I'm thinking about making it into a game. Also go go Status Rangers
        Jun 21, 2019
      3. Marsigne
        Marsigne
        Not sure I get it, but that'd surely be a good RPG.
        Jun 22, 2019
    18. standardplayer
      standardplayer
      For the next four months, I'll have a set shift, a set day off per week, and a tiny bit of PREDICTABILITY. Finally, time for RPG Maker ^^
      1. Finnuval and samkfj like this.
      2. Poryg
        Poryg
        I have three days off, finally. I'll use them for resting. :D
        Jun 20, 2019
      3. standardplayer
        standardplayer
        Nothing wrong with that. After this contract I'm thinking about taking a month off. (Never gonna happen)
        Jun 20, 2019
      4. Marsigne
        Marsigne
        Awesome!
        Jun 22, 2019
    19. standardplayer
      standardplayer
      They say every time a status is deleted, something more important is happening everywhere else. Feel the NaCl ^^
    20. standardplayer
      standardplayer
      16th day in a row, and my weekend just got taken and replaced with work. I kinda want a day off
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Sharm
        Sharm
        She's doing exactly the same job at her new place too. But her overall health, mood, and ability to react well to unexpected things improved drastically in only a week. Her old job wasn't worth it, even though it seemed great.
        Mar 9, 2019
      3. standardplayer
        standardplayer
        I can ask for time off, we're general contractors so there's no set time to work and set time off. I care about the two guys above me, though, I'd be in a bad place right now without them. I only take the time off that they do, and then only when it's both off them
        Mar 9, 2019
      4. Sharm
        Sharm
        That's not a good idea. It's good to be grateful, don't get me wrong, but you need to balance your needs better. You are the only one in charge of your own life, so make sure that you at least treat yourself as equal to those around you. It only takes 70 hrs a week before working overtime produces exactly the same amount of work as 40, and even then it's not sustainable. Balance will be more beneficial to them.
        Mar 9, 2019
  • About

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A

Signature

This is my signature. You can tell by the way it's in the signature area of my posts.