standardplayer
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• I hope a bunch of hot women riding ostriches and carrying lances dont show up and try to stab me through the eyeballs and take my library card.
    That (in your post) sounds really bad - have you seen a doctor?
    standardplayer
    standardplayer
    Well initially, I preambled the part where I start talking about MZ finally with "Anyway, I don't plan on delaying my projects- blah blah", just to make sure it was clear I was joking, then the dumber part of me said 'no, take that bit out and just abruptly switch to what you're really here to say.'
    Shaz
    Shaz
    That seriously doesn't sound like a joke - even rereading it, I can't see anything in there that makes me think it's a joke. You must express your sense of humour in your country completely differently to us. Anyway - I'm glad it's not real and that you're okay (or at least better than that description)
    standardplayer
    standardplayer
    It's possible that my sense of humor is just my own. It doesn't have to be my whole country's fault. Anyway I put all that bit in a spoiler, so it's more clear that it was just me being goofy.
    Reactions: Shaz
    Having fun with the one-map challenge! Also, there's a toad on the steps out front, and he won't move out of the way even moments from death. It might be a God.
    For the last time, I'm not The Crowing. I'm just self absorbed and my love interest might be an amalgamated canon-protector.
    Thinking about taking a big old step back from RPG Making for a while. Might just go back to status-jacking
    Yessss, another all day headache where I feel like im gonna throw up but almost never do. In my youth, id just throw up into a nearby trash can and keep moving. Now i just move slower
    • Haha
    Reactions: aporokizzu
    Waifus69
    Waifus69
    Can’t throw up if you don’t eat.
    standardplayer
    standardplayer
    Kupotepo
    Kupotepo
    I hope you are ok. I get headaches too for not enough sleep, but I think your dizziness is worse than me. I hope you get well soon.
    Me seeing a Mukbang: "Aw, GROSS! What's wrong with people??"
    Me watching a guy eat 50 year old MRE's from around the world: "WOW! That's still good after all this time?"
    Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    Why do you say that like the two are at all comparable? I had to look up Mukbang and...yeah, people are disgusting.
    Kupotepo
    Kupotepo
    The main of Mukbang is to not feeling along while you are eating. I know right. People are desperate to not being lonely.
    Kupotepo
    Kupotepo
    "The study by Seoul National University found individuals who watch mukbang may seek it for entertainment, as an escape from reality, or to give them the satisfaction of eating as they watch mukbangers consume the food they crave while on a diet."
    My wife and I watching true crime show about a missing pregnant girl: "That's sad" My wife and I after we learn she was pregnant with another man's child while her husband was deployed: "Good."
    standardplayer
    standardplayer
    I can totally understand what you're saying @yamakoku, I get why you wouldn't care about her. My wife and I both have personal experiences that lead us to feel anger or hatred toward someone who could do this, that's why it hits home for us. In fact, I'd go so far as to say if this (or my reaction to it) hits home for someone, it says a lot, depending on how it strikes them.
    Wavelength
    Wavelength
    Just to answer your question, @standardplayer - yes, I do feel a lot of sympathy for her. Despite her making mistakes or bad decisions that probably badly hurt some people close to her.

I think I have more insight now into the type of mindset that crime drama-documentaries are trying to appeal to.
    standardplayer
    standardplayer
    Right, cause we cant make our own decisions while watching a crime documentary. We let the tv tell us. Lol the program was neutral, dont blame them. We have our own feelings.
    Just saw an old thread I helped solve. My GOD I used to give better examples. Nowadays I'm just like "You gotta move the thing over to the thing, see if that works, lemme know if it doesn't"
    aporokizzu
    aporokizzu
    "Thing over to the thing" works for me!
    standardplayer
    standardplayer
    @aporokizzu you're my fav person to help. I almost don't have to do anything lol. You show up with 99% of the problem solved, then I'm like "sentence" and you're like "Thank you!" Lol all joking aside, when you make a help thread, I always understand your question and I pretty much never have to ask for more info
    aporokizzu
    aporokizzu
    @standardplayer thanks!

I only ask when I've tried everything + I really can't figure out what to do.

I hope to never be one of these "I want to do this but I can't be bothered to search + read up on it, so can you just do it for me?" folks, which is one of my community peeves.

Anyway, I appreciate all the help you give- it contributes a lot to pushing me along to finishing my project!
    Earth: starring people who aren't doctors, but think they know more than doctors
    • Haha
    Reactions: Shaz and aporokizzu
    standardplayer
    standardplayer
    Unfortunately he doesnt live near me, id have to take a plane to get to him, and i couldnt move down there without taking my wife away from her entire family. I wish i could do all that for him
    Finnuval
    Finnuval
    @standardplayer @Philosophus Vagus (eventhough the worst seems to have passed in my neck of the woods) the best we all can do is keep those most at risk as much secluded as possible (my mom still hardly leaves the house and we still do grocerries for her despite things looking up.
    Finnuval
    Finnuval
    Not taking chance here) and keeep ourselves as safe as we can. Best way to do that is to follow the social distancing rules and wear a mask (not for your safety but for others). I hope both of your loved ones make it through this and wish you strength in the face of idiots.
    Cracked black pepper turkey, smoked ham, three slices of pepperjack cheese. Sliced banana peppers, pepper relish, garlic aioli. Between two thick slices of sourdough.
    I noticed random Japanese dialogue in the FF7 remake while playing in English. More than once. Just now I saved a vid where Tifa spoke Japanese after a battle. We all make mistakes lol, this is kinda funny though
    standardplayer
    standardplayer
    Most people who aren't main party are actual much lower quality models, and generally have much more boring clothing, so the party doesn't look like a part of the world. And the NPC's are so stiff and have very "I'm saying this to give the player information" type of dialogue. In the original, I never felt like the npc's were out of place, but here they just seem so lifeless
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    @standardplayer I had the same problem with the character models. Cloud and the gang looked so out of place next to the more generic human NPCs. It almost felt like they were from a totally different game. lol.
    standardplayer
    standardplayer
    Yeah, Cloud I can understand, because he's (supposed) to be ex-Soldier, so I can see why they'd want to make him look different. Barrett is somehow more of a caricature than before. Tifa and Aerith look about right, but they are so much more defined than the npc's that it doesn't help lol. (Seriously though with Barrett, I remember people complaining about his skin tone but his VOICE AND DIALOGUE OMG)
    Sometimes you think you know people, then the next thing you know it's below freezing outside, and they're falling from the sky. And no two are exactly alike.
    Petty boss is working today. Hope he realizes today that messing with me is gonna ruin his day like yesterday. I can operate very comfortably on the fringes of policy XD
    504 threads to go upon the time of this post until the forum reaches 100k threads. Thread Dead Redemption. Thready Van Halen. Thread Zeppelin. Doesn't have to be a band or a game
    RPG Maker MZ Preview #4: No new Yanfly Plugins to flood the forum with questions about! Get ready to be wowed!
    Wavelength
    Wavelength
    Didn't Yanfly's recent video say that not only will the MV plugins be ported, but the coders they're hiring are also supposed to make new content in the style of Yanfly's plugins under that (somewhat bizarre) Visustella name?
    standardplayer
    standardplayer
    No idea, i dont keep up with Yanfly stuff, i honestly never thought the plugins as a whole were special, there were just a lot of them. Like a Plugin Walmart. Id rather see dedicated support for the MV stuff than ports. Ppl always have so many questions about them
    Shaz
    Shaz
    @Wavelength I think it was porting the existing plugins and enhancing them to take advantage of MZ's new features. I don't recall anything about new plugins - maybe there was. You could trawl through pages and pages of the #2 reveal thread, or track down the video on Yanfly's channel.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Ami
--- F.Mage Cooking ---

F.Mage: Hey,guys. i made dinner for you!
M.Fighter & Hero: (Shock) Dinner???
(F.Mage Put The Failed And Burnt Dishes Surrounded With Creepy Aura)
Hero: What the...???
F.Mage: It's Curry Rice,Fried Egg And Cakes. I hope you guys like my Dishes.
M.Fighter: Are you kidding me?
Is it true that when we hit 1 million posts, each of us gets 17,000 USD? Sorry if I'm not supposed to post this question here, but I can't find where to post it...
I slightly modified the hairstyle to get it in the right direction.
And apply a little lip
Am I up for another full-time day of game dev? Let's find out! Got coffee, got music; let's go!
The right kind of creativity is adding your flavoring and layering on tested and proven tropes, not tearing them down and rebuild things in your image. Just like how you don't cook eggs with a brick or a chainsaw, but instead learning on how to make your eggs look good and different than the other eggs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hyk