standardplayer
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• My health metrics are looking really good, I'm only iffy on 2 of 13 stats. Now time for a Big Mac and a 20 piece. Murica!
    Haven't had cable in years, all streaming over here. Venture Bros just put up their new season Thursday, can't stop laughing. I missed this.
    I need to cut my hair, because I don't trust other adult males with long hair. Also, sometimes I drive my boss's windowless white work van.
    Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    @Windows i7 where was this? Not saying you are lying but I've never once heard long hair personifying homosexuality. I've heard the opposite with women with short haircuts being assumed lesbians but growing up in the bible belt the reason my grandmother hated when I started growing my hair out was always the bible verse that states "does not nature itself teach that for a man to wear long hair is a disgrace to him."
    Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    not any stigma over homosexual connotations. I'm just curious, pretty well traveled but have never heard of the two being equated like that.
    Windows i7
    Windows i7
    @Philosophus Vagus it was in Corpus Christi Texas around 2001 or so. Homophobic slurs were often directed at guys with long hair in my experience.
    As sensitive as some people are, I'm surprised RPG's don't typically have a 'feelings' gauge like HP and MP. Think I just got a game idea ^^
    Sometimes......sometimes, internet male to internet female interactions, even here on the forums....ohhhhh they make me cringe.
    Reactions: PaladinJessa
    PaladinJessa
    PaladinJessa
    Good. Gosh. You think those are bad, you should see what goes on in private messages sometime. (Thankfully havent had that issue on this site yet)
    PaladinJessa
    PaladinJessa
    @shockra I dont think its got anything to do with being an idiot... just a lack of understanding how to act. Confidence, not arrogance. Respect, not worship. etc etc.
    standardplayer
    standardplayer
    Lol look fellas, being a guy doesn't make you an awkward creep. Being awkward and creepy does. Also, in general, self-effacement almost always indicates neck-beardery
    I've heard of flat earthers, but I just found out space-deniers exist! Hahahahaha it's right there you chuckleheads! I love life XD
    Reactions: Amane Kagari
    standardplayer
    standardplayer
    @FleshToDust wouldn't it suck if they were the people who turned out to be right? Like what if that's really how it all ends? That last cow fart that pushes us over the edge. 'The fart heard around the world'....
    FleshToDust
    FleshToDust
    *Imagines earth with massive cloud of smelly cow farts hovering*
    It had to end some way but... Not like this... No... Not like this...
    Poryg
    Poryg
    I'm not stupid, luckily. I don't deny the existence of space... I deny the existence of Ctrl-Alt-Delete!
    Hey Avast! Maybe you don't kill my Visual Studio programs, and I don't switch to AVG.
    Reactions: Mrs_Allykat
    standardplayer
    standardplayer
    @Mrs_Allykat I've read that, a lot of developers say Defender + Malwarebytes is a nice safe combo. I'm too cheap to pay for it, though
    Mrs_Allykat
    Mrs_Allykat
    Spybot is a good alternative for helping keep spyware off of your computer too. It's generally free. But, oh my lord, it slows up boot time. I have a copy, but I keep it on a pendrive, so I only update/use it every now and then.
    FleshToDust
    FleshToDust
    I don't even use an antivirus but adblock works for the most part. Lot of viruses comes from ads.
    Every article I read on dealing with people who have NPD seems like instructions on how to enjoy having Stockholm Syndrome.
    Marsigne
    Marsigne
    What's going on? A war's going on.
    Top boss is gonna be at work tonight. Presumably drunk. Wish me luck. Last week he raged for 7 hours then passed out on the street.
    Reactions: Marsigne
    standardplayer
    standardplayer
    I don't find him scary, physically. He knows not to try anything like that with me, the problem is having a guy like that be in charge of whether you're employed and when you get paid.
    Windows i7
    Windows i7
    Well, find out what he hates and avoid doing that as much as possible. Just don't suck up because I can almost guarantee you that will make things worse.
    standardplayer
    standardplayer
    I don't suck up to anyone. His biggest problem with me is that he is unable to get a rise out of me. He has NPD and is very unstable. I grew up with one parent that had NPD and another that was addicted to every drug you can think of. I don't fold, but being under the power of unstable people brings back crappy memories
    What's worse? Jackhammering up a wetbed, or the fact that for no reason there's wire unnecessary netting on top of the the entire subfloor?
    Reactions: Marsigne
    Marsigne
    Marsigne
    The latter.
    standardplayer
    standardplayer
    Correct! I love using the jackhammer. I hate getting it caught every literal inch of the way under a wire net that didn't need to be there (the subfloor is high tensile concrete that's in excellent shape)
    Marsigne
    Marsigne
    As a tech enthusiast, I definitely see what you mean. :aswt:
    One day, I will release my Utilities plugin that I have for personal use. I've been saying it for a year. One day...Not today though. Busy.
    Me: Hey babe, I'm gonna teach you C#.
    For the next four months, I'll have a set shift, a set day off per week, and a tiny bit of PREDICTABILITY. Finally, time for RPG Maker ^^
    They say every time a status is deleted, something more important is happening everywhere else. Feel the NaCl ^^
    16th day in a row, and my weekend just got taken and replaced with work. I kinda want a day off
    Sharm
    Sharm
    She's doing exactly the same job at her new place too. But her overall health, mood, and ability to react well to unexpected things improved drastically in only a week. Her old job wasn't worth it, even though it seemed great.
    standardplayer
    standardplayer
    I can ask for time off, we're general contractors so there's no set time to work and set time off. I care about the two guys above me, though, I'd be in a bad place right now without them. I only take the time off that they do, and then only when it's both off them
    Sharm
    Sharm
    That's not a good idea. It's good to be grateful, don't get me wrong, but you need to balance your needs better. You are the only one in charge of your own life, so make sure that you at least treat yourself as equal to those around you. It only takes 70 hrs a week before working overtime produces exactly the same amount of work as 40, and even then it's not sustainable. Balance will be more beneficial to them.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Okay, Animal Crossing is remarkably addictive and exceptionally calming. I've been playing it pretty exclusively... like... 6 hours a day. Been a while since I've been this engrossed.
Realized a tad too late that lighting scripts are the main culprit in performance nosedive. Guess the flashlight had to go.
wat is ERROR:registration_protocol_win cc(56) . any way to fix it
anyone have a plan for self solitude during isolation?

3 of 3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TedLatas