StanManX
Last Activity:
Jun 4, 2017

Followers 2

Share This Page

StanManX

Veteran, Male, from Michigan, USA

Veteran

hooooooo boy, I didn't mean to go away and not come back, haha. So many new posts. Jan 8, 2015

StanManX was last seen:
Jun 4, 2017
    1. StanManX
      StanManX
      hooooooo boy, I didn't mean to go away and not come back, haha. So many new posts.
    2. StanManX
      StanManX
      Went and saw DBZ: Battle of the Gods with my wife last night. Awesome times :D
      1. ??????
        ??????
        new dbz movie??
        Aug 7, 2014
    3. StanManX
      StanManX
      Nothing like getting a kind comment when you're in the middle of the Extreme Self-Doubt phase of an album release. :)
      1. View previous comments...
      2. StanManX
        StanManX
        Thanks! It's funny, I'm always super confident until about two weeks before my final deadline, when my perfectionist tendencies kick into overdrive and I start noticing every imperfection in my playing, every weak spot in the compositions, and every flaw in the mix, and I have to fight the urge to delay indefinitely or just pull the plug. :)

It was also fun clicking through to read your comment and seeing Iron Croc's comment from last week again. It was like, "H...
        Jul 16, 2014
      3. Ultim
        Ultim
        StanManX you are the best at stacking books!
        Jul 16, 2014
      4. StanManX
        StanManX
        Thanks, Alkorri! :) My day job is programmer, but in this case I'm fretting about a musical project I've been working on for a few months. I started it shortly after joining the forums, and it has consumed me, which is why I'm not all that active around here at the moment -- I'm looking forward to being finished and allocating more time to making games!
        Jul 16, 2014
    4. StanManX
      StanManX
      EP is finally nearing completion -- I think I've mixed to the best of my abilities. Need to master and set it free so I can focus one of the million other projects I've started!
    5. StanManX
      StanManX
      Wooo, getting lunch with friends I haven't seen in a while!
      2. Ms Littlefish
        Ms Littlefish
        I know it will be the middle of the day, but a single beer would also up that factor. :D
        Jun 20, 2014
      3. Bukarett
        Bukarett
        :D That's awesome! Best part will be exchanging all those crazy stories you all got!
        Jun 20, 2014
      4. StanManX
        StanManX
        Haha, yeah, the stories are always the best part!
        Jun 20, 2014
    6. StanManX
      StanManX
      Hmm...strongly considering snatching up the Humble Weekly Bundle before it disappears. DLC + XP + games sounds pretty fantastic.
      2. Ms Littlefish
        Ms Littlefish
        It's an amazing deal even if you won't use half the stuff in it.
        Jun 5, 2014
      3. StanManX
        StanManX
        ...Yeah, I totally did it. :) Now I'm trying to convince my wife she wants it, too!
        Jun 6, 2014
      4. Saltwater Croc
        Saltwater Croc
        Way to go! :B
        Jun 6, 2014
    7. StanManX
      StanManX
      Vacation was glorious and I so didn't do anything I intended to do! I did play with that character builder tool thing on Steam, though.
      1. Narcissus
        Narcissus
        Yeah, I was just trying out the Game Character Hub as well. It's a nice little convenient tool, and pretty fun to use!
        Jun 2, 2014
      2. Ms Littlefish
        Ms Littlefish
        Welcome back!

I've been messing with Game Character Hub, too. ._.
        Jun 2, 2014
    8. StanManX
      StanManX
      Woo, vacation starts tomorrow night! On my list of good intentions: get through some RM tutorials! We'll see how that goes.
    9. StanManX
      StanManX
      ahhh blisters on all the fingers
    10. StanManX
      StanManX
      Penguicon this weekend! WOOO! Everyone drive to Michigan and come hang out with me. I'll be a Beer Titan.
    11. StanManX
      StanManX
      My wife got me a sweet handmade tremolo/bitcrusher pedal for my birthday! It's not even my birthday yet, wooooooo!
      1. Clydous
        Clydous
        That sounds hawt. =)
        Apr 30, 2014
    12. StanManX
      StanManX
      Holy crap, the new mandala eyes / ishcabittle split is amazing. hashtag this is my jam
    13. StanManX
      StanManX
      Oops... replaced my CPU fans and case fans, but turns out it was the GPU fan that died. I'm keeping the new stuff, though -- so quiet!
    14. StanManX
      StanManX
      The wife and I just became the proud owners of our first new-to-us car, and we managed to squeeze it in before I turn 30 and decrepit. Booyah.
      2. Clydous
        Clydous
        Grats! =D
        Mar 29, 2014
      3. Neverward
        Neverward
        Very nice ;) That's a good feeling!
        Mar 29, 2014
      4. Saltwater Croc
        Saltwater Croc
        Niiiice.
        Mar 29, 2014
    15. StanManX
      StanManX
      It's amazing what a clean workspace does for the mind. +15% chance of getting stuff done this week, hah!
      1. Clord
        Clord
        When I get focused to my projects, I don't really consider how clean my table is.
        Mar 24, 2014
      2. Clord
        Clord
        But yeah, clean work environment can do wonders.
        Mar 24, 2014
      3. StanManX
        StanManX
        Yeah, I'm the same way, but there seems to be a tipping point where the clutter stresses me out and I can't get focused. Over the weekend I realized I had reached that tipping point and went nuts organizing and throwing stuff out :)
        Mar 25, 2014
    16. StanManX
      StanManX
      Tonight: Game of Thrones. Tomorrow: Diablo 3, spouse edition. Gonna need to take up pottery to simmer down from all this murder.
      2. StanManX
        StanManX
        Season 3 on Bluray.
        Mar 23, 2014
      3. ShinGamix
        ShinGamix
        evryone dies!
        Mar 23, 2014
      4. StanManX
        StanManX
        SPOILER ALERT! haha ;)
        Mar 24, 2014
  • About

First Language:
    English
    Hello! My name is Matt, also known as Stan to most of my friends. I picked up RPG Maker VX Ace and hope to make a whole bunch of terrible games with it, and then maybe even make something awesome.

I love writing music (check out my Bandcamp or my Soundcloud). I've never done a game soundtrack, but I'd be thrilled to score a smallish, non-commercial project for free, just to get the experience.

uh... I guess I don't know what else to put here right now, so I'll just call it good here.

Music, Writing, Gaming, Programming, Books

Interact