Recent content by Starbird_Resources

1. Starbird_Resources

What is the future of the RPG Maker series?

First off, I highly recommend MZ -- it's a big performance improvement over MV, and when coupled with HUD Maker Ultra (free) / HUD Maker Ultra Pro (paid) it becomes astoundingly flexible. The only thing missing to me is native platformer design. Would be a dream if they incorporated that somehow...
  2. Starbird_Resources

Furniture Chests, Books, Chests on Wheels

These are great, thanks for sharing!
  3. Starbird_Resources

Can assets made for rpg maker (not using any of rpg makers features) be used outside of RPG maker

Look at the terms of use for each asset. But any edits of RTP materials CANNOT be used in other game making programs.
  4. Starbird_Resources

Should I personally get myself RPG Maker MZ?

in my experience MZ is WAY faster than MV both in editor and in game play. for me the difference was so big that i'd buy it just for that. Yanfly's plugins are great but the game-changer is SumRndmDude's HUD Maker Ultra (and Ultra Pro, which is paid). That tool, even the free version, will open...
  5. Starbird_Resources

[GothicVoid]'s Additions-New Modern Items

how have i never seen these before?! really stellar work, thanks for sharing!
  6. Starbird_Resources

RMMZ Fifefer Island - Art-Design update - Drawn parallax maps

Just wanted to mention that I've been working with the team who is creating this project and it's really impressive. Can't wait to show people Alpha 2 and hopefully get some feedback from the community! Anyone interested in alpha testing, PM either OP or me -- any help is greatly appreciated!
  7. Starbird_Resources

RPG Maker MZ v1.2.0 Update

did you DL the update? DL it, install it, open the engine and you should be able to update the core scripts then. i just did it a minute ago and it worked fine.
  8. Starbird_Resources

RMMZ Is there any Visustella alternatives for MZ by now?

I'm generally happy with the Visustella Suite but I've run into plenty of frustrations with the obfuscated code. I understand why they did it, and I'm not opposed to it in theory, but I've run into inexplicable bugs in some of the plugins (I know about plugin compatibility etc, these bugs exist...
  9. Starbird_Resources

Tutorial: more than 4 lines / bigger text box

While there are plugins that ostensibly do this, having a quick tutorial on this is actually very helpful. In some cases there are plugin conflicts and the easiest thing to do is just make a quick change yourself.
  10. Starbird_Resources

Custom Title Screen

https://atelierrgss.wordpress.com/rmv-custom-title-screen/ That will do what you're looking for. It's fairly easy to use but the documentation is not in English, just a heads up.
  11. Starbird_Resources

Starbird's MZ Tiles + More

sorry for the late reply, but yes you can. If you open up the Full Terms of Use spoiler you'll see "Free for commercial & non-commercial use." It also mentions a free copy of the game but I'm just reserving that claim and have never actually demanded a copy of a game from anyone :) But I do...
  12. Starbird_Resources

"Minus 1 fixes everything" ~ @Tea's Jams lol, it's true

"Minus 1 fixes everything" ~ @Tea's Jams lol, it's true
  13. Starbird_Resources

Starbird RTP Edits

Yes, as long as you own RPG Maker MV, you are allowed to use these tiles to make RPG Maker games.
  14. Starbird_Resources

Starbird's MZ Tiles + More

The following tiles are RMMZ RTP edits. You must own MZ to use these tiles in your project. Please credit Starbird. Do not redistribute or repost these tiles. Link back to this page instead. See full TOS in English, French, and German (courtesy of Avery) in the OP. Banners. Many banners. With...
  15. Starbird_Resources

[MZ] JABS - J's Action Battle System

J, thank you for making and releasing this! Very very cool JABS is a super clever name for the system btw : )

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Artists out there, is there something RPG maker related you wish your graphics software had but doesn't? (Something like automatically transform a wall tile into a cylindrical tower). I want to give a boost to WecTools, but I'm dry of ideas right now...
having anxiety during all this virus stuff is the absolute worst. I'm the only one missing out on my friend's wedding in Sept. because I can't be in large groups of people anymore due to anxiety.
Well... I just spent most of the day making something I cant even use xD

Hero_1.png
The idea was to look at the original but at a medium distance.
In hindsight, I might as well have just edited the original lol... I didn't intend for it to end up so similar.
does anyone else feel tired after completing a sprite?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
minh0408