Veteran

love cyber monday! Just got my Kindle tablet! Dec 5, 2015

starcrescendo was last seen:
Dec 29, 2018
    1. starcrescendo
      starcrescendo
    2. starcrescendo
      starcrescendo
      Kadokawa? Degica? Enterbrain? I don't know what to believe anymore... but whoever you are you are awesome.
      1. Zalerinian
        Zalerinian
        Degica is the world-wide publisher. Enterbrain developed VX Ace. Spike Chunsoft (Honestly what even is that name?) developed MV, as far as I'm aware. Kadokawa (KDKW) is the parent compant to both Enterbrain and Spike.

Degica is a separate company that helps publish products world wide, doing things like community management and translation, I believe. Ultimately, Degica can recommend things that the community wants, but KDKDW gets the final say for development, and promotions held by Degica.
        Jan 31, 2016
        3 people like this.
      2. Sharm
        Sharm
        Nice explanation.  Degica isn't just working with KDKW though, they have other clients too.  I think they mostly translate and distribute games.
        Jan 31, 2016
    3. starcrescendo
      starcrescendo
      love cyber monday! Just got my Kindle tablet!
    4. starcrescendo
      starcrescendo
      I know each online community has a bit of a "niche" when it comes to what each does... where is the best place to post a story idea or even a demo with the basic story fleshed out to get feedback and possible ideas on how to "tie it together"?
      1. Sinweaver
        Sinweaver
        Have a look at the General Discussion section..

For story/plot feedback, try
        Nov 29, 2015
    5. starcrescendo
      starcrescendo
    6. starcrescendo
      starcrescendo
      Do you make all your interior maps for a town on one map? If so, how much space do you leave around so you can't see the other rooms?
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Silent Darkness
        Silent Darkness
        Honestly, I don't, but I should. Like I need to bloat the maps.

I'll probably go overboard and put at least 20 tiles.
        Nov 7, 2015
      3. Alexander Amnell
        Alexander Amnell
        ace at standard resolution 8 tiles distance will never allow the player to see the rooms on either side.
        Nov 7, 2015
      4. bgillisp
        bgillisp
        I use 20 tiles. Overboard, but this way if I learn one interior needs an extra 2 - 3 tiles I'm still safe.
        Nov 7, 2015
    7. starcrescendo
      starcrescendo
      ALRIGHT, I tried to hold out but you got me, Degica. Just preordered MV. Now all I need is Yanfly's ATB system and I'll be a happy happy man.
      1. BloodletterQ
        BloodletterQ
        Won't be part of the initial 37, but we can hope.
        Oct 18, 2015
      2. starcrescendo
        starcrescendo
        I hope soon! I love that battle system. I turn off all the wait and its so much fun that way
        Oct 24, 2015
    8. starcrescendo
      starcrescendo
      So after wasting a week not being able to come up with an idea I liked, I was hit with inspiration yesterday. Now the rush is on! But I have so much other stuff to do :(
      1. Seriel
        Seriel
        Pah, I got hit with inspiration in the middle of making an entirely different game..
        Jul 19, 2015
      2. Diretooth
        Diretooth
        I constantly get hit with inspiration, so I don't see why you're complaining. :p
        Jul 19, 2015
    9. starcrescendo
      starcrescendo
      If you buy the Humble Bundle and have RPGM already, what happens?
      1. Nathanial
        Nathanial
        You have a spare Steam key for Ace :)
        Jul 9, 2015
      2. starcrescendo
        starcrescendo
        Got it! Thanks! Now I see, I can choose which ones to download and which to make a "gift" coupon. After IGMC I want to run my own contest with RPGM Deluxe as a prize
        Jul 9, 2015
      3. Engr. Adiktuzmiko
        Engr. Adiktuzmiko
        So I could send the ace key to anyone? Hmmmm...
        Jul 9, 2015
    10. starcrescendo
      starcrescendo
      Ahahaha was about to make a thread asking if the Arum Universe was still in progress... I find that it doesn't come up in search because it has its own board! :)
      1. Artificer
        Artificer
        i still don't get how that works at all
        Jun 18, 2015
    11. starcrescendo
      starcrescendo
      Ugh, nobody mentioned the tedium of lawn care and maintenance when I was buying my house. lol. I have a game to make!
      2. StrawberrySmiles
        StrawberrySmiles
        My boyfriend hardly mows our lawn. :( He usually ends up paying one of our friends to do it for him.
        May 12, 2015
      3. Touchfuzzy
        Touchfuzzy
        I keep thinking about how nice it would be to go back to having an apartment. I hate mowing lawns.
        May 12, 2015
      4. Razelle
        Razelle
        I live in a townhouse area where our landlord hires someone to mow our backyards. I am eternally grateful to have beautiful grass that I don't have to mow.
        May 12, 2015
    12. starcrescendo
      starcrescendo
      I just noticed that screen effects are gone in Ace!?
      1. Jasutin Rai
        Jasutin Rai
        What do you mean?
        May 2, 2015
      2. Warpmind
        Warpmind
        Gone? They're on the bottom-left corner of the second tab in Events... o_O
        May 2, 2015
      3. starcrescendo
        starcrescendo
        @Warpmind I'm an idiot. Thank you! I didn't see them!
        May 2, 2015
    13. starcrescendo
      starcrescendo
      So I bought GW2 while it was on sale... trying to get into Tarnished Coast server but its FULL... I guess this is the GW 2 equivalent of the hours I spent rerolling stats in other MMOs
      1. Wyn Wizard
        Wyn Wizard
        seems so. XD
        Apr 14, 2015
    14. starcrescendo
      starcrescendo
      Anyone play Civ5? Montezuma declared war on me and hes not even on the same continent... do I just... ignore him?
      2. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        If you're on a map with a lot of water, sometimes it pays to have naval superiority... especially if you blockade ports of other cities or just generally destroy every ship you run across. Computers love to waste resources on huge naval fleets, even when they're unnecessary.
        Mar 1, 2015
      3. starcrescendo
        starcrescendo
        Thanks! I'm researching Astronomy which will then give me Navigation. Poor Russia is going to die because Montezuma has 5 Captapults assaulting her poor city. And when I talk to her she says "Best of luck with your current conflict"
        Mar 1, 2015
      4. esby
        esby
        Nuke him, teach the rest of the world a lesson.
        Mar 1, 2015
    15. starcrescendo
      starcrescendo
      My Camatasia Studio trial ended :( Anyone know of a similar free (or at least not $200) program for taking and editing lets play videos?
      2. Saltwater Croc
        Saltwater Croc
        Oh!!! My mistake.
        Feb 26, 2015
      3. starcrescendo
        starcrescendo
        Thank you everyone this gave me some options. ...I WILL Let's Play again!! ^_^ I tried the Lolilo before but there (again) was a limitation of not being able to edit without paying, and all the video and audio recorded in the same channel. I like to edit it before uploading to YouTube to remove some of the boring parts or if I screw up the point I'm trying to make (as I'm just doing reviews on my channel right now). I agree with Shaz, and I know I don't have the right...
        Feb 27, 2015
      4. starcrescendo
        starcrescendo
        ...to say how much dev time went into their program but for $299 a pop, it seems they are price gouging people
        Feb 27, 2015
    16. starcrescendo
      starcrescendo
      Wow... I just tried Dishonored for the first time and I didn't like it at all.
      1. Blinn
        Blinn
        Oh the irony of the title.
        Feb 22, 2015
      2. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        It takes a bit of getting used to. Once you get into the first major area that lets you kind of "free roam" around it, it gets more interesting. Though, the stealth mechanic is a bit.... broken. If you want a good stealth game, pick up Deus Ex Human Revolution instead. Dishonored is mostly good for magic and experimentation.
        Feb 22, 2015
    17. starcrescendo
      starcrescendo
      Saw the Emotion in Motion contest and had to give it a try.
      Any feedback?
    18. starcrescendo
      starcrescendo
      New game idea just hit me like a ton of bricks. Great... another project for me to probably not finish...
      2. Saltwater Croc
        Saltwater Croc
        When you get stucko n ONE project, and you get ideas for another, write them down. Don't leave behind a project like it's an old toy. If you get stuck, get up, stretch. Take a light walk. Get the blood pumpin'. :)
        Feb 16, 2015
      3. UNphiltered_khaos
        UNphiltered_khaos
        Starcrescendo, the best advice I can offer, if you are going for multiple projects at one time, would be to KEEP THEM SMALL. I have finished off 3 games now, all of them about 3o mins of gameplay each, NONE of them an RPG. I am working on a 4th, 5th, and 6th game right now (whilst learning Ruby...)
        Feb 17, 2015
      4. starcrescendo
        starcrescendo
        Thanks for the advice! It gets really frustrating sometimes. I've redone my intro multiple times because I keep wanting to tie everything together sometimes and its hard and it feels like a big old black hole... The multiple project thing seems to work well for the most part, because I've never gotten stuck on all 3 projects at one time. I definitely need to take your advice and work a lot SMALLER.
        Feb 18, 2015
    19. starcrescendo
      starcrescendo
      God I'm so STUPID! Last time, I recorded a video with the Mic turned off. This time, I forgot that I had unplugged it to clean! I will now be doing a Mic test for ALL of my videos -_-
      1. bgillisp
        bgillisp
        Don't feel too bad, I taught an online class once with the mic not plugged in. Took me a while to figure out why they said I sounded so distant (as the pc mic was picking me up instead)
        Feb 16, 2015
    20. starcrescendo
      starcrescendo
      OK I've had enough snow for the season, now! Please. I feel like I'm driving through the bat cave to get out of my driveway
      1. Takuto
        Takuto
        Feel free to send it over here, we could use some.
        Feb 14, 2015
      2. UNphiltered_khaos
        UNphiltered_khaos
        Feb 14, 2015
      3. starcrescendo
        starcrescendo
        I am in Buffalo, NY so I should be used to it already I know but OMG the shoveling. My forearms feel like jelly and its STILL coming down. Takuto you can DEFINITELY have some. Love that magazine cover. It's sad but true!
        Feb 14, 2015
  • About

Birthday:
    August 1
    First Language:
    English
    Web Design, RPGs, Game Design

Signature

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Games in Development:

• Moon Guardians - RPG - In Development (Project Page | Project Thread)
      An epic high-fantasy RPG with SciFi elements. Main project. I hope to complete the script soon and release more info after the details are determined.

• The Sun* New! - Survival/Crafting - In Development
      Craft and fight your way through the mystical land of Aeria; a world full of ancient secrets and powerful magic. Your goal is not to save this world, -you just need to survive it.

• Reaper* - Action/RPG -In Development
      Step into the robes of the Grim Reaper where you must handle the most difficult moral decisions of all: life or death. 

• Halloween* - Open World/Sandbox - In Development
      Experience plenty of Tricks and Treats in an open-world sandbox within the fictional neighborhood of East Amsterdam.

*Working title