Last Activity:
Sep 24, 2015
Birthday:
Nov 7, 1983 (Age: 35)

Share This Page

SteveShelene

Veteran, Male, 35, from West Virginia

Veteran

So I received bonus content for VX Ace, but I'm not sure how to install it all into the program. Any help? Thanks everybody May 11, 2013

SteveShelene was last seen:
Sep 24, 2015
    1. SteveShelene
      SteveShelene
      So I received bonus content for VX Ace, but I'm not sure how to install it all into the program. Any help? Thanks everybody
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Zalerinian
        Zalerinian
        The help file can also help you out a bit, so be sure to read it. F1 in the editor should open that right up for you.
        May 11, 2013
      3. SteveShelene
        SteveShelene
        I'm still having trouble figuring it all out. My tilesets that I imported aren't appearing in the database. I hope I'm not bothering you with all of this.
        May 11, 2013
      4. Zalerinian
        Zalerinian
        You need to add them to a tileset. They aren't automatically created. You can either edit an existing one, or make your own by increasing the limit.
        May 11, 2013
    2. SteveShelene
      SteveShelene
      Just received my box copy of VX Ace :) Now to have some fun.
      1. Chad Sexington
        Chad Sexington
        RIP social life.
        May 11, 2013
      2. Zalerinian
        Zalerinian
        Indeed, RPG Maker shall eat your social life. Unless you're like me and didn't have one to begin with.
        May 11, 2013
      3. SteveShelene
        SteveShelene
        I don't have much of one either, but that's because I'm too busy with music and college work. Now I get to add this to my time so goodbye everything lol
        May 11, 2013
    3. SteveShelene
      SteveShelene
      Is the serial number the same as the product key on the box version of VX Ace? If not then where's the serial number?
      1. Zalerinian
        Zalerinian
        I'd assume so. They usually are used interchangeably, the words.
        May 11, 2013
      2. SteveShelene
        SteveShelene
        ok thanks
        May 11, 2013
      3. SteveShelene
        SteveShelene
        Yep, that was it. It worked. Thanks for that.
        May 11, 2013
    4. SteveShelene
      SteveShelene
      Can anybody help on how to creat your own sprites and make them funcional in Ace? If there's a thread on this I didn't find it. Thanks everybody.
      2. Taien
        Taien
        Have a look in the pixel academies forum or the tutorials forums - the non specific forum especially. Hope it helps, I am seeking similar things on the animation of walking sprites myself.
        Apr 10, 2013
      3. Taien
      4. SteveShelene
        SteveShelene
        Hey thanks for that link, I'll check it out.
        Apr 11, 2013
    5. SteveShelene
      SteveShelene
      Patiently awaiting my copy of RPG Maker VX Ace Box release :)
    6. SteveShelene
      SteveShelene
      Is there anybody who will be willing to turn my bandmates and I into sprites and facesets? If possible can I get some speaker cabs, instruments, stage lights, and mic stands? I know that may seem like a lot, but maybe we can work out a deal? Thanks!
      1. Celianna
        Celianna
        We have a resource request forum, please use that. Thank you.
        Apr 10, 2013
    7. SteveShelene
      SteveShelene
      This has nothing to do with game development, but I've been trying to decide on a guitar and I think I'm going with a Fender American Strat Sienna Sunburst with a maple neck and fretboard and I'm having Dimarzio Injector pickups installed in it. I'm looking forward to this :)
      2. SteveShelene
        SteveShelene
        I've heard good things about his pickups though. The fender's body I'm getting is made of Ash. I'm gonna post a couple vids of the band I'm in on your thread if you don't mind. You can check them out too.
        Apr 6, 2013
      3. Elements
        Elements
        yeah sure, anywhere's fine~ and yeah the combo itself is pretty solid, but the guitar I used was so cheap that the full potential isn't reached lol
        Apr 6, 2013
      4. SteveShelene
        SteveShelene
        yeah thats understandable. I'm not too familiar with all the types of woods and the tonality of them.
        Apr 6, 2013
    8. SteveShelene
      SteveShelene
      Back to work on designing the map for my first scene. I'm wondering if I'll ever get past the first scene LOL.
      2. seita
        seita
        Good luck! Persevere. Don't be a perfectionist would be my best advice. Get the most important parts done (perhaps related to gameplay) and you can always spruce up the map later on.
        Apr 5, 2013
      3. light487
        light487
        Yup.. try not to get sidetracked or bogged down in the details. Do what you can with the skills you have.. at the end of the day, the story is the most important thing,, the maps and graphics are all just the conditions and situations that the story uses to get itself told, not the other way around.
        Apr 5, 2013
      4. SteveShelene
        SteveShelene
        Thanks everybody, It's hard for me to not be a perfectionist because that's how I am when it comes to playing guitar. So when I go to creating a game I don't want to distribute a low quality item that I'm not proud of. I know I shouldn't think that way, but it's tough not to. So I strive to learn all I can to make my first game as good as I can make it. I've also been learning Ruby on www.codecademy.com to try to help understand the scripting side of things.
        Apr 5, 2013
    9. SteveShelene
      SteveShelene
      Ok so I have my map up and I click "prt sc" on my keyboard for a screen shot. I go to post it in the forum and a message says I'm not aloud to use that extension in this forum. I have no clue what I'm doing or how to post images in the forum. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks :)
      2. SteveShelene
        SteveShelene
        Alright thank you guys. This whole thing is a learning experience for me, so thanks for all of the help. I'm trying to post a picture of my map to get constructive criticism and tips to make it better.
        Apr 5, 2013
      3. LoneWolfDon
        LoneWolfDon
        Yeah, you'll probably want to convert to jpeg format and also resize the image a bit smaller before uploading as an attachment. Also, you could use some free image-sharing-site, such as photobucket.com , make a free account there, upload your images, then you'll have an option to get a direct-link to the image, copy that link and paste it into your message post (use the Image button on the message-editor, will allow to paste in the url/link to the image). If it's a few images, you...
        Apr 5, 2013
      4. SteveShelene
        SteveShelene
        Thanks guys, I got it posted :)
        Apr 5, 2013
    10. SteveShelene
      SteveShelene
      I am now officially a Member+ :)
      2. SteveShelene
        SteveShelene
        I'll be sure to do that, and same goes to you also.
        Apr 4, 2013
      3. LoneWolfDon
        LoneWolfDon
        Welcome aboard. :)
        Apr 4, 2013
      4. SteveShelene
        SteveShelene
        Thanks man, I appreciate it :)
        Apr 5, 2013
    11. SteveShelene
      SteveShelene
      I'm off from the road for a week or two, lets see how much I can get done on my first project! In between college work anyways...
    12. SteveShelene
      SteveShelene
      Just waiting for my payment to be approved for Member+ Anybody know how long that usually takes??
      2. SteveShelene
        SteveShelene
        I appreciate that, yeah costumer service told me that in an email when I was asking them about the Member+ deals. RIght now i'm learning on the trial version, so it's not like I can't use it at all yet. I just hope the discounts and support they give you is worth paying for the membership. Thanks for your advice and I'll contact yah if I need anymore help, I appreciate it.
        Apr 3, 2013
      3. LoneWolfDon
        LoneWolfDon
        If deciding on what version to get, and if wanting to compare some features of the different versions, go here: http://www.rpgmakerweb.com/support/comparison , though I'd suggest to go with Ace as it the most recent version, and looks to have more features overall than the others. Also, I think the trial-version is limited in some ways (I don't think it allows adding scripts?). Myself, I got Ace via Steam.
        Apr 3, 2013
      4. SteveShelene
        SteveShelene
        Yeah I've already decided on getting Ace, thanks for the suggestion though. I get a lot of things on Steam but I think I'm going to stick to the forum store to get the discount.
        Apr 3, 2013
    13. SteveShelene
      SteveShelene
      Hey everybody, I'm new to the forums and to RPG Maker. Just saying hi to everybody and I look forward to getting to know people and creating some games. Thanks!
      2. Archeia
        Archeia
        hii
        Apr 2, 2013
      3. LoneWolfDon
        LoneWolfDon
        Welcome aboard. Nice to have you here. And, good luck with your projects.
        Apr 2, 2013
      4. SteveShelene
        SteveShelene
        Thanks Archeia and LoneWolfDon. I've been watching tutorials and learning to use the software, I'll post when I start my first game.
        Apr 3, 2013
  • About

Birthday:
    Nov 7, 1983 (Age: 35)
    First Language:
    English
    I am currently lead guitarist for Rick K and the Allnighters, a show band that tours the US and overseas as well. I love playing guitar, and learning about programming and video games. I'm currently in an online college to get my software development degree so I can get into video game programming and/or other forms of programming for my future career. My hobbies and career choices are all backed by the support of my wonderful fiance (soon to be wife in September) whom I love with all of my heart and am extremely grateful for her unconditional love and support. I couldn't do all of it without her. I'm new to RPG Maker and have joined the community to interact with people of the same interest and to share ideas and learn new things.

guitar/music, games, programming, and computers