Jul 22, 2019 at 12:34 PM

Followers 1

Birthday:
Dec 29, 1982 (Age: 36)

Share This Page

Storyteller-Hero

Veteran, Male, 36

Veteran

The next big saga for the MCU may be Galactic Storm. Marvel have the Shi'Ar back and they're already setting up for a big space conflict. Jul 17, 2019 at 5:43 PM

Storyteller-Hero was last seen:
Jul 22, 2019 at 12:34 PM
    1. Storyteller-Hero
      Storyteller-Hero
      The next big saga for the MCU may be Galactic Storm. Marvel have the Shi'Ar back and they're already setting up for a big space conflict.
      1. MushroomCake28 likes this.
      2. Storyteller-Hero
        Storyteller-Hero
        ...*has* the Shi'ar back...
        Jul 17, 2019 at 5:44 PM
    2. Storyteller-Hero
      Storyteller-Hero
      I should be sleeping but too many roaches to kill. I wish that was a metaphor for working on my game.
      1. Ms Littlefish likes this.
      2. Ms Littlefish
        Ms Littlefish
        I don’t miss living in Miami. Trying to peacefully sleep...get to that point in the night where you stir and stretch a bit. Oh God...it’s a palmetto bug. DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE. Annnnnnnnnnd, I’m awake.
        Jul 13, 2019
        Storyteller-Hero likes this.
    3. Storyteller-Hero
      Storyteller-Hero
      I've found that some of the MV music packs on Steam don't have previews, but they might on this site's shop and on Soundcloud or YouTube.
      1. Storyteller-Hero
        Storyteller-Hero
        Picked up two more for the summer sale. I'm drowning in music now.
        Jul 4, 2019
    4. Storyteller-Hero
      Storyteller-Hero
      Trying to juggle ten characters cohesively in a single story for my game is a challenge. I have even more respect for the FF writers now.
      1. standardplayer likes this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. Storyteller-Hero
        Storyteller-Hero
        This game is also going to be part of my resumé for potential professional work as a writer/director in the game industry (alongside TV and film) so it has to be something that stretches my limits as a storyteller. My dream is to work on big budget projects so I've got to take the risk.
        Jun 21, 2019
        standardplayer, bgillisp and Finnuval like this.
      4. Marsigne
        Marsigne
        Good luck, man.
        Jun 22, 2019
      5. Storyteller-Hero
        Jun 22, 2019
        Marsigne likes this.
    5. Storyteller-Hero
      Storyteller-Hero
      The symbol usage in games such as Metroid Prime and Breath of the Wild seems fun. I've added that to the list of stuff planned for my game.
      1. Artificer likes this.
      2. Storyteller-Hero
        Storyteller-Hero
        I'll have to do some photoshopping of tiles, and maybe create video clips to superimpose on tiles, but it should be manageable.
        Jun 15, 2019
    6. Storyteller-Hero
      Storyteller-Hero
      Not yet done with the story for my game since I decided to expand it drastically from the original concept, but it's slowly progressing.
      1. Storyteller-Hero
        Storyteller-Hero
        When I studied theatre and political science in college, I didn't imagine that I'd be applying what I'd learned to a videogame story, but here I am.
        Jun 14, 2019
      2. Storyteller-Hero
        Storyteller-Hero
        Originally, I'd wanted to do simple arena game, then decided to do a city-based story, and now I'm writing a story that takes the heroes across the world.
        Jun 14, 2019
      3. Storyteller-Hero
        Storyteller-Hero
        *a* simple arena game - guh - my keyboard might need fresh batteries.
        Jun 14, 2019
    7. Storyteller-Hero
      Storyteller-Hero
      A good title can make or break a commercial game. It can be seen by customers as how much effort a designer put into the game itself.
      1. View previous comments...
      2. eluukkanen
        eluukkanen
        First thing people see will make the first impression. Title is more than important
        Jun 9, 2019
        Marsigne and Storyteller-Hero like this.
      3. FleshToDust
        FleshToDust
        Most people don't finish their game so have no reason to worry about it's title.
        Jun 10, 2019
        Marsigne likes this.
      4. OmnislashXX
        OmnislashXX
        Not only the title, but the title screen. If it's a genetic screen, nobody is going to take you seriously.
        Jun 10, 2019
        eluukkanen and Marsigne like this.
    8. Storyteller-Hero
      Storyteller-Hero
      Even though it's far from where I'm at, I decided to take a look at how Steam achievements can be incorporated to RMMV - I'm so confused.
      1. Artificer likes this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. Storyteller-Hero
        Storyteller-Hero
        At the very least, I picked up the plugin for greenworks and found out how large an achievement graphic needs to be.
        Jun 6, 2019
      4. bgillisp
        bgillisp
        The problem is the code for adding them is controlled by Valve, so there's nothing Degica can do to help with this. You have to submit your game to them and get all the info from them.
        Jun 6, 2019
      5. Storyteller-Hero
        Storyteller-Hero
        There's a plugin for it on the forums. I'm just trying to figure out how to use it correctly - it won't matter for a while though since I'm nowhere close to finishing my game.
        Jun 6, 2019
    9. Storyteller-Hero
      Storyteller-Hero
      I'm re-selecting a character theme for one of my planned characters, because I keep hearing the same theme used by other games.
      1. Storyteller-Hero
        Storyteller-Hero
        I like the music but I've heard it too many times not to associate it with other people's games. This could be distracting while I'm writing and listening to the theme for inspiration.
        Jun 5, 2019
    10. Storyteller-Hero
      Storyteller-Hero
      I saw a really cool minigame plugin but decided against using it for my game. The temptation to overload a gaming experience can be fierce.
      1. Storyteller-Hero
        Storyteller-Hero
        On the bright side, it got me thinking about what kind of side activity I actually do want for my game, and I've come up with something that fits my vision of how I want the game to feel.
        May 29, 2019
      2. Storyteller-Hero
        Storyteller-Hero
        I really, really like the plugin I saw though, so I might get it for a future game should I live long enough to finish the one I'm currently working on.
        May 29, 2019
      3. bgillisp
        bgillisp
        I know the feeling. I had ideas for like 15 mini-games for my game. I ended up with 4 in the end.
        May 29, 2019
    11. Storyteller-Hero
      Storyteller-Hero
      I had to take a break from organizing resources to work on another project but back at it. Lots of music from golden week sale to organize.
      1. Storyteller-Hero
        Storyteller-Hero
        Good sound design (not the same as composing music) is probably one of the less talked about topics, but it can do a lot towards making a game truly great.
        May 28, 2019
        SolonWise likes this.
      2. SolonWise
        SolonWise
        I agree. The little cursor, confirm and cancel sounds, to mention a few, are very important to help to set the ambience of the game. For instance, you cannot use the default menu sounds in a survivor horror game.
        May 29, 2019
    12. Storyteller-Hero
      Storyteller-Hero
      Yanfly just released a weather in battle plugin and Aries a weather control plugin. I didn't know how much I would want these until now.
      2. OmnislashXX
        OmnislashXX
        Yanfly is cool. Aries- well, that's basically only two new weather effects for 10 bucks so no thank you.
        May 18, 2019
      3. OmnislashXX
        OmnislashXX
        He'll, you can buy the whole RPGMaker program sometimes for double that amount. Sorry, but that is ridiculous.
        May 18, 2019
      4. Kupotepo
        Kupotepo
        @OmnislashXX, some of Yanfly associates like to charge money. I guess those people think this is a rich business, but they will discover later the sad reality.
        May 18, 2019
    13. Storyteller-Hero
      Storyteller-Hero
      I've played a few hours into Echoes of Aetheria but unlike Skyborn, I don't feel like playing to the end. I might just set it aside for now.
      1. Storyteller-Hero
        Storyteller-Hero
        If Skyborn was 6/10, this one would probably be 4/10 or even 3/10 on the same scale. Plot holes and contrived advances in the story kind of kill it for me. Certain gameplay mechanics choices have also been disappointing. For example, the enemies in a certain area will actively chase the player from a distance, making the preemptive strike mechanic worthless and effectively forcing battle grind with little reward.
        May 7, 2019
      2. bgillisp
        bgillisp
        I personally liked the plot better in the end but the battle system I hated so much I just dropped it to easy
        May 7, 2019
      3. IAmJakeSauvage
        IAmJakeSauvage
        I really liked both! The battles were pretty rough at times though.
        May 7, 2019
    14. Storyteller-Hero
      Storyteller-Hero
      Every time I wonder how something could be done in MV, I see a plugin for it. This feels like a great time to be working on a game.
      1. Poryg
        Poryg
        Yeah, but if only people actually exploited these resources, it would be great. For example I can't remember a single game that would introduce interesting skills or battle system.
        May 6, 2019
      2. Storyteller-Hero
        Storyteller-Hero
        I'm hoping that what I'm planning for battle in my game will stand out a bit. Fallen Olivia managed to replicate Octopath Traveler's battle system with a plugin, and if it functions well together with Jay's dual technique plugin and Irina's Action Cut In plugin, the stuff that can be done will be super fun to watch on screen.
        May 6, 2019
      3. Storyteller-Hero
        Storyteller-Hero
        Ah it looks like Jay will be rebooting his dual tech plugin with a new one. I hope it comes soon.
        May 6, 2019
    15. Storyteller-Hero
      Storyteller-Hero
      I managed to get one of the 4-day badges for NYCC after more than an hour spent waiting in queue. It was horribly tense but i made it!
    16. Storyteller-Hero
      Storyteller-Hero
      My May goals are to finish writing the main story for my game and to finish organizing the resources that I've collected for it.
      1. Storyteller-Hero
        Storyteller-Hero
        With an organized plan of where I want to take my first game, it probably won't take me more than a couple of years to finish. I might even finish within a year.
        May 4, 2019
      2. OmnislashXX
        OmnislashXX
        May 4, 2019
        Finnuval and Storyteller-Hero like this.
    17. Storyteller-Hero
      Storyteller-Hero
      I just finished Skyborn. It gave me a good idea of things I might want to consider in my own game. It was shorter than I expected though.
      2. Storyteller-Hero
        Storyteller-Hero
        Overall, it was a bit disappointing in my opinion but far better than a lot of what I've seen in Let's Play videos on YouTube.
        May 3, 2019
      3. Storyteller-Hero
        Storyteller-Hero
        6/10 if the SNES Final Fantasy games are 9 or 10 on the scale.
        May 3, 2019
      4. bgillisp
        bgillisp
        I'd give it a C myself. As in, average. Decent story, poor battle system which had no tactics short of make your tank have the highest threat, watch them get KO'd, revive, repeat. At least that is how all late game battles went for me.
        May 3, 2019
        Knighteriius likes this.
    18. Storyteller-Hero
      Storyteller-Hero
      With all the music packs that I splurged on during sales, I'm going to vary by map region the music of encounters and traveling in my game.
      1. Storyteller-Hero
        Storyteller-Hero
        I remember that Final Fantasy VI did this to some extent, and it really added to the ambience of environments during the journey.
        May 2, 2019
    19. Storyteller-Hero
      Storyteller-Hero
      I picked up more music for RPG Maker MV in the golden week sale. My experience in theatre working with sound designers was all for this lol.
    20. Storyteller-Hero
      Storyteller-Hero
      I've started playing Skyborn to see how well a popular RPG Maker game was made. So far, not bad.
      2. Storyteller-Hero
        Storyteller-Hero
        I got it as a gift from a Humble Bundle. It's a decent sample of what RPG Maker can be used for. Not the best I've played but decent overall so far (though I haven't played enough to determine if the game is currently worth its full price if I'd bought it myself). It's also a good case study for what the publisher Degica Games finds acceptable for project submissions.
        Apr 29, 2019
        Knighteriius likes this.
      3. bgillisp
        bgillisp
        I thought the story decent but the battle system awful. Late game it was they KO my tank, I revive them, rinse lather repeat.
        Apr 29, 2019
        Knighteriius likes this.
      4. Knighteriius
        Knighteriius
        Apr 30, 2019
  • About

Birthday:
    Dec 29, 1982 (Age: 36)
    First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV