Mar 25, 2019 at 2:36 PM

Followers 1

Birthday:
Dec 29, 1982 (Age: 36)

Share This Page

Storyteller-Hero

Veteran, Male, 36

Veteran

My new computer is set up. I'm so happy that I can work without having to slap my computer anymore. Mar 25, 2019 at 12:55 PM

Storyteller-Hero was last seen:
Mar 25, 2019 at 2:36 PM
    1. Storyteller-Hero
      Storyteller-Hero
      My new computer is set up. I'm so happy that I can work without having to slap my computer anymore.
      1. BadLittleSeed likes this.
      2. Poryg
        Mar 25, 2019 at 1:50 PM
        Storyteller-Hero likes this.
    2. Storyteller-Hero
      Storyteller-Hero
      Computer is ready for pickup 1 week early! So much work to catch up on! I've got prep files for transfer now.
      1. SpaceBot likes this.
      2. Storyteller-Hero
        Storyteller-Hero
        "got to prep" - ugh
        Mar 23, 2019 at 4:30 AM
    3. Storyteller-Hero
      Storyteller-Hero
      It's going to be a couple of weeks until the new computer. I'm not so sure I can do the birthday event but I'll be wishing luck to y'all.
    4. Storyteller-Hero
      Storyteller-Hero
      I didn't get picked in the jury selection today. I'm free omg I'm free. Getting back to working in RPG Maker soon.
      1. BadLittleSeed and SpaceBot like this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. bgillisp
        bgillisp
        I was selected once, but got eliminated after the interviews.
        Mar 14, 2019
      4. hiddenone
        hiddenone
        The selection process when I did it was someone saying "if you can think of an excuse, sit over there to be questioned"... I didn't think "I just don't want to be here" would've been a good enough excuse, luckily it was a pretty short trial.
        Mar 14, 2019
      5. Storyteller-Hero
        Storyteller-Hero
        The particular trial I could have been picked for would have lasted into next month. I can't divulge details, but getting picked would have drastically delayed a lot of plans. Three days of jury selection was already rough - several weeks of actual trial would have been torture for me as someone who does creative writing as an income source.
        Mar 14, 2019
    5. Storyteller-Hero
      Storyteller-Hero
      I just bought an amazing plugin from Atelier Irina. I feel excited for when I have a new computer and I can put this plugin to use.
      1. Storyteller-Hero
        Storyteller-Hero
        Mar 9, 2019
        GolfHacker likes this.
      2. Elliot404
        Elliot404
        Got it. I was about to consider into buying GENE, but then, this bad girl appeared before my eyes.
        Mar 9, 2019
      3. dragoonwys
        dragoonwys
        It's amazing, I highly recommend it! ^.^ Funny about GENE, I bought that first just because I am using a ton of busts as well. But the instant I saw this fabulous beast, I snagged it up LOL
        I use GENE for other image things (picture menus and such) since the instant drag and drop picture positions is quite useful anyway.
        Mar 9, 2019
        Storyteller-Hero and Elliot404 like this.
    6. Storyteller-Hero
      Storyteller-Hero
      I'll have a new computer this month if everything goes well. I might participate in the RPG Maker birthday event with a demo.
    7. Storyteller-Hero
      Storyteller-Hero
      A few more weeks before I'm back to having a computer that works properly. In the meanwhile, I received a summons for jury duty. Boohaha.
      1. OmnislashXX
        OmnislashXX
        Yeah. I had a summons recently. Had to tell them flat out I couldn't make it on account that I was recovering from stroke symptoms.
        Feb 23, 2019
      2. Storyteller-Hero
        Storyteller-Hero
        The last time I was called, I was a student, so I was able to get exempt, but I'd graduated since then so that's a no go for getting out of it. Ah well.
        Feb 24, 2019
    8. Storyteller-Hero
      Storyteller-Hero
      I'm thinking about scrapping half of the original concept for my first RPG Maker game to take full advantage of an amazing stock resource.
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Storyteller-Hero
        Storyteller-Hero
        The setting would remain the same, but I might have to make some drastic changes to the story progression depending on where my imagination takes me in the revision.
        Feb 8, 2019
      3. Finnuval
        Finnuval
        Well... only you can decide it it's worth it and if the story is served by such a change. Whatever the decision I wish you luck :)
        Feb 8, 2019
      4. Storyteller-Hero
        Storyteller-Hero
        Thank you!
        Feb 9, 2019
        Finnuval likes this.
    9. Storyteller-Hero
      Storyteller-Hero
      ♫ When you walk away, you don't hear me say, "Pleeeeeeeeeeeease, oh babyyyyyyyyyy". ♫
      1. Finnuval likes this.
      2. The Mighty Palm
        The Mighty Palm
        Sorry but I cannot hear anyone but Donald Duck singing this.
        Jan 31, 2019
    10. Storyteller-Hero
      Storyteller-Hero
      Registering copyright with the U.S. government is apparently much better than just relying on regular free protection.
      1. Storyteller-Hero
        Storyteller-Hero
        Being able to claim statutory damages and attorney's fees is a big deal for deterring people from stealing your game and trying to sell it as if it were their own.
        Jan 24, 2019
        Finnuval likes this.
    11. Storyteller-Hero
      Storyteller-Hero
      When I have a reliable home computer again, the first thing I'll do is make a new flip book for the internet resources I've found. So many.
      1. Finnuval likes this.
    12. Storyteller-Hero
      Storyteller-Hero
      I've decided to nix a concept that I was going to apply on my first game, to make the story more cohesive and raise the stakes of conflict.
      1. BadLittleSeed, Artificer and Finnuval like this.
      2. Storyteller-Hero
        Storyteller-Hero
        I was going to make it several different stories to choose from at the beginning, but I can do more with this particular game's premise if I condense the different stories into one.
        Jan 13, 2019
        BadLittleSeed and Finnuval like this.
      3. punchybot
        punchybot
        Hmm... So what's your planning process?
        Jan 13, 2019
      4. Storyteller-Hero
        Storyteller-Hero
        Form concept --> Make setting --> determine source of conflict --> determine characters --> determine character objectives --> brainstorm possible interactions between characters --> determine endgame --> explore mechanical limitations and possibilities --> revise and repeat as necessary any of the previous steps while trying to refine the expression of the game's concept
        Jan 14, 2019
    13. Storyteller-Hero
      Storyteller-Hero
      Huh. Putting Steam in offline mode seems to have prevented it from cutting off access to my games, for the most part.
    14. Storyteller-Hero
      Storyteller-Hero
      In a few days I find out whether keeping Steam in Offline mode will prevent it from blocking my OS from accessing my games.
      1. Marsigne likes this.
      2. Marsigne
        Marsigne
        Interesting issue...
        Dec 30, 2018
    15. Storyteller-Hero
      Storyteller-Hero
      RPG Maker support was prompt in replying to my inquiry about the terms of use for the Cover Art Characters Pack. It was as I hoped.
      1. Finnuval and Marsigne like this.
      2. Storyteller-Hero
        Storyteller-Hero
        There's a couple of characters that I intend to use in the pack for my first game, and I have to make edits to them - fortunately edits are allowed for commercial use in RPG Maker on this pack.
        Dec 10, 2018
        Marsigne likes this.
      3. Marsigne
        Marsigne
        Good to hear. :D
        Dec 11, 2018
    16. Storyteller-Hero
      Storyteller-Hero
      I'm not sure if my laptop is going to work out for RPG Maker after all - it has been displaying a habit of crashing in the middle of stuff.
      1. Marsigne likes this.
      3. MushroomCake28
        MushroomCake28
        Dec 4, 2018
        Marsigne likes this.
      4. Marsigne
        Marsigne
        When does it crash? Taking it on safe mode can reveal culprits.
        Dec 4, 2018
      5. Storyteller-Hero
        Storyteller-Hero
        It's the hardware. The insides get loose and end up touching the bottom casing. I'd had this problem before but it was never fully solved. I could try taking it in to have everything tightened up, but I can't afford to set my wallet back any more than I already have.
        Dec 4, 2018
    17. Storyteller-Hero
      Storyteller-Hero
      I found out that Steam won't be running on my current OS soon and I'm not sure if my hard drive is in good enough condition to upgrade. #%$#
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Kes
        Kes
        Are you still blocked if you open RPG Maker while off-line?
        Nov 28, 2018
      3. Storyteller-Hero
        Storyteller-Hero
        I don't know. The last time Steam did an update blocking OS, it blocked my ability to open RPG Maker.
        Nov 28, 2018
      4. Storyteller-Hero
        Storyteller-Hero
        Actually, you know what? I'm going to try seeing what happens if I put Steam on Offline Mode just before the deadline, and see if it keeps the client working on my OS.
        Nov 28, 2018
    18. Storyteller-Hero
      Storyteller-Hero
      The makeshift solution of slapping my laptop from the bottom is keeping it stable for now. Fortunately, it's not a major issue, for now.
      1. The Stranger and Finnuval like this.
      2. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        Physically abusing technology always makes it behave. I've found myself threatening my computer on occasion. I think there might be a domestic abuse hotline for machines in the future. xD
        Nov 27, 2018
        bgillisp likes this.
      3. punchybot
        punchybot
        You consider slapping the bottom of your laptop in order to make it work as not a major issue? For some reason I am thinking of that one meme with slapping the top of a car.
        Nov 27, 2018
      4. Storyteller-Hero
        Storyteller-Hero
        It has to do with a loose thing inside the laptop touching the bottom casing and shorting out.
        Nov 28, 2018
    19. Storyteller-Hero
      Storyteller-Hero
      Ugh my laptop might be done sooner than I hoped. It's been crashing lately. Backing up files from it as well. Hoping for just a few months.
      1. Finnuval
        Finnuval
        fingers crossed it dies when you're done backing up and not sooner
        Nov 24, 2018
      2. Storyteller-Hero
        Storyteller-Hero
        After a few months, I'll have hopefully saved up enough for a new home computer that will probably be 100x more reliable.
        Nov 24, 2018
        Finnuval likes this.
      3. Finnuval
        Finnuval
        Well, I'll help you hope :D
        Nov 24, 2018
    20. Storyteller-Hero
      Storyteller-Hero
      Got myself a Humble RPG Game Dev Bundle - lots of sounds and icons that I might be able to use for my game. Yum!
      1. The Stranger likes this.
      3. samkfj
        samkfj
        Yeah I got it too, mostly for the 8000 sound effects.
        Nov 23, 2018
      4. Poryg
        Poryg
        Yeah, I already have the sound effects :(
        Nov 23, 2018
      5. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        I think you can get a lot of that stuff from GameDev Market. Lots of good resources there. :)
        Nov 23, 2018
  • About

Birthday:
    Dec 29, 1982 (Age: 36)
    First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Interests:
    Anime