Dec 9, 2019 at 6:23 AM

Followers 1

Birthday:
Dec 29, 1982 (Age: 36)

Share This Page

Storyteller-Hero

Veteran, Male, 36

Veteran

I just backed up my work from the past several months. It never fails to feel great after doing so. Dec 8, 2019 at 10:23 AM

Storyteller-Hero was last seen:
Dec 9, 2019 at 6:23 AM
    1. Storyteller-Hero
      Storyteller-Hero
      I just backed up my work from the past several months. It never fails to feel great after doing so.
      1. The Mighty Palm likes this.
    2. Storyteller-Hero
      Storyteller-Hero
      In a number of Final Fantasy games, there were towns and dungeons that were optional to visit. I want to have a lot of that in my game.
      1. The Stranger likes this.
      2. Countyoungblood
        Countyoungblood
        Which games?
        Dec 6, 2019 at 8:17 PM
      3. Storyteller-Hero
        Storyteller-Hero
        IV for example had the namingway village on the moon. VI had a bunch of optional dungeons in the second act. VII had the city of Wutai.
        Dec 7, 2019 at 4:33 AM
    3. Storyteller-Hero
      Storyteller-Hero
      I tested with success a map change while in vehicle by passing over a map coordinate. Now I'm tempted to divide world map into hemispheres.
    4. Storyteller-Hero
      Storyteller-Hero
      After fiddling with changing actor image in-game, I've realized that I could use it to simulate the player standing on a moving platform...
      1. The Stranger likes this.
    5. Storyteller-Hero
      Storyteller-Hero
      Through trial and error, i've made transition between skill grid and world map work with changing actor image. Thanks, switches.
      1. Storyteller-Hero
        Storyteller-Hero
        Now I can smoothly transition between world map x skill grid, and interior map x skill grid while maintaining the change from normal walking sprite to mini-worldmap sprite and vice versa.
        Dec 4, 2019 at 11:06 AM
    6. Storyteller-Hero
      Storyteller-Hero
      I ordered a cheap drawing tablet. I can only hope that it works alright and lasts at least a year. Crossing fingers.
      1. The Mighty Palm
        The Mighty Palm
        One of us. One of us.
        Dec 3, 2019 at 5:54 PM
        Storyteller-Hero likes this.
      2. hero_buddy
        hero_buddy
        my first drawing tablet was a cheapo $50 monoprice tablet, and it lasted me quite a while. hopefully you get the same luck!
        Dec 3, 2019 at 7:10 PM
      3. Storyteller-Hero
        Storyteller-Hero
        This is also my first tablet. $42.56 after tax for the one I've ordered. When I first started shopping around, I felt disheartened by the prices I was seeing, then I saw one that had a ton of reviews and while not as fancy as some other brands, seemed good enough for what I need. I'll find out later this week I guess.
        Dec 3, 2019 at 7:18 PM
    7. Storyteller-Hero
      Storyteller-Hero
      I just did a quick test of 1/2 scale walking sprite for world map. It reminded me of the super tiny sprites for Chrono Trigger's world map.
      1. Storyteller-Hero
        Storyteller-Hero
        The smaller sprite kind of makes the tiles on the world map feel bigger. I think that I might keep this scale for my game.
        Dec 1, 2019
      2. FleshToDust
        FleshToDust
        Chrono Trigger had incredible art. Thats what I remember.
        And also crazy stair effects that is probably not possible in rpg maker.
        Dec 1, 2019
    8. Storyteller-Hero
      Storyteller-Hero
      I did a quick test of tall walking sprite. I like it, but dang it looks like I've got to replace the doors too if I'm going to use it.
    9. Storyteller-Hero
      Storyteller-Hero
      Successfully tested a simultaneous combo of random loot in chest with chest reset upon dungeon entry. Booyah!
    10. Storyteller-Hero
      Storyteller-Hero
      Lining up for early Black Friday rush is like lining up for mass laser tag with dozens of bloodthirsty Klingons.
      1. View previous comments...
      2. MushroomCake28
        MushroomCake28
        I never lose... because I do cyber Mondays instead hehehe
        Nov 29, 2019
      3. MechScapeZH
        MechScapeZH
        If they were Klingons, they wouldn't fight in a burning house- which is exactly what these shoppers do, haha.
        Nov 29, 2019
      4. Wavelength
        Wavelength
        Laser tag with Klingons actually sounds fun, though (unless they are using actual phasers, set to 'Kill'). I'd go to that, unlike Black Friday.

P.S. - @The Stranger totally won this topic.
        Nov 29, 2019
        The Stranger likes this.
    11. Storyteller-Hero
      Storyteller-Hero
      Being able to copy paste an adjustable filter layer after spending a whole day editing a battler graphic with it means it's army time.
      1. Storyteller-Hero
        Storyteller-Hero
        My game is going to have the option of hiring party members, so the more options the better, even if it's just recolors of the same class.
        Nov 28, 2019
      2. Kupotepo
        Kupotepo
        @Storyteller-Hero, it is really popular mechanic to mobile game to have hiring option of new members.
        Nov 28, 2019
    12. Storyteller-Hero
      Storyteller-Hero
      I had an interesting thought for my game. What if you could pose for a screen shot in the game, like the photo events in Earthbound?
      1. MushroomCake28 and The Stranger like this.
      2. MushroomCake28
        MushroomCake28
        So a selfie? Sounds like you need to find a plugin, or code one if you can.
        Nov 27, 2019
      3. Storyteller-Hero
        Storyteller-Hero
        I was thinking of just triggering a temporary actor graphic change with a conditional branch. Like, press [shift] to pose, and press again to return to normal.
        Nov 27, 2019
    13. Storyteller-Hero
      Storyteller-Hero
      Touching up and recoloring graphic assets (that allow editing) atm. It's tedious, but the result that I'm starting to see feels worth it.
      1. Storyteller-Hero
        Storyteller-Hero
        ...worthwhile.
        Nov 26, 2019
    14. Storyteller-Hero
      Storyteller-Hero
      It seems that there's no IGMC this year, given the time left in 2019. Next year could be different because it's the 30th anniversary of RM.
      2. Eliaquim
        Eliaquim
        Yeah... I was expecting that too. Let's hope to have another one next year! ^^
        Nov 25, 2019
      3. bgillisp
        bgillisp
        Well some people have been talking about holding a contest on discord, but it would not afflliated with the company so we can't post it here.

As it is, someone did hold a make an RPG in 24 hours contest last weekend. Default assets only, no scripts or plug-ins allowed.
        Nov 25, 2019
      4. bgillisp
        bgillisp
        Or you can go to itch.io and just join a jam. Who says it has to be IGMC? I've seen the everything but the game jam for instance!
        Nov 25, 2019
    15. Storyteller-Hero
      Storyteller-Hero
      Ran testing with a 255x255 skill grid prototype map. It's made me rethink how I originally imagined it. I may go with less decor, more maze.
    16. Storyteller-Hero
      Storyteller-Hero
      I just noticed the [Change Vehicle Image] event command. This might be a way to artificially increase number of different vehicles...
      1. mazzy-elf likes this.
      2. Animebryan
        Animebryan
        Not really. Transforming a vehicle's appearance is all it's good for. It doesn't let you change the behavior of a particular vehicle. If you want more vehicles & more customization, you're going to need a vehicle plugin for that.
        Nov 23, 2019
      3. Storyteller-Hero
        Storyteller-Hero
        It actually is if you use events to move things around, at least if replacing a vehicle with a new one during the game. If it's possible to leave behind the idle graphic when activating a "new" vehicle, it might be possible to event multiple vehicles that actually use the same vehicle, just not the same graphic.
        Nov 23, 2019
    17. Storyteller-Hero
      Storyteller-Hero
      I've got three RM games on my bucket list. Two epic fantasy, then one modern/fantasy. Now I want to do a space RPG as a fourth.
      1. MushroomCake28 likes this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. MushroomCake28
        MushroomCake28
        You sound like a true gamedev: too many ideas.
        Nov 22, 2019
        Finnuval and Storyteller-Hero like this.
      4. bgillisp
        bgillisp
        Just 3?
        Nov 22, 2019
        MushroomCake28 likes this.
      5. Storyteller-Hero
        Storyteller-Hero
        Pacing myself since I'm used to writing large projects for work. :p
        Nov 23, 2019
        MushroomCake28 likes this.
    18. Storyteller-Hero
      Storyteller-Hero
      A few years ago, I wouldn't have imagined that the playwriting and drama that I studied in college would be used in developing a videogame.
      2. Storyteller-Hero
        Storyteller-Hero
        As such, I'm thankful for RPG Maker MV making this route more accessible by being the first RPG Maker that can be used on a Mac.
        Nov 20, 2019
        Marsigne likes this.
      3. KazukiT
        KazukiT
        Before I got back to RPG Maker I drew and wrote comics. It helped me structure a story, write characters and most importantly helped me keep my drawing skills sharp.
        Nov 20, 2019
        Marsigne and Storyteller-Hero like this.
      4. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        Yeah, knowing how to structure a scene and write a story can be very useful when developing games nowadays. You can do so much more games, though. I also think more abstract storytelling works really well in games.
        Nov 20, 2019
        Marsigne and Storyteller-Hero like this.
    19. Storyteller-Hero
      Storyteller-Hero
      Was trying to figure out how to turn off the BGM on Olivia's Victory Aftermath, and then facepalm moment - just set the BGM volume to zero.
      1. Storyteller-Hero
        Storyteller-Hero
        On the plugin setting that is.
        Nov 19, 2019
      2. Storyteller-Hero
        Storyteller-Hero
        That said, music change test for changing Battle BGM in special encounters has been successfully run, and Battle BGM has been chosen for my first game. More items checked off my test project bucket list and a step closer to my official debut as a videogame director/writer.
        Nov 19, 2019
    20. Storyteller-Hero
      Storyteller-Hero
      I'm strongly considering making lightly animated cutscenes for my game project. I'll have to test it out after buying a graphics tablet.
      1. MushroomCake28 likes this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. Kupotepo
        Kupotepo
        I hope you find things you want on Black Friday. Are you going to shop online or go to the store?
        Nov 18, 2019
      4. Storyteller-Hero
        Storyteller-Hero
        I'm planning to line up at my local BestBuy. I really like the physical experience of being in the store on Black Friday. There's a kind of palpable mood among the frantically stampeding shoppers that shopping online just can't duplicate.
        Nov 18, 2019
        Kupotepo likes this.
      5. Kupotepo
        Kupotepo
        I hope you post it when that happens.
        Nov 18, 2019
  • About

Birthday:
    Dec 29, 1982 (Age: 36)
    First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses: