Oct 20, 2019 at 11:40 PM

Followers 1

Birthday:
Dec 29, 1982 (Age: 36)

Share This Page

Storyteller-Hero

Veteran, Male, 36

Veteran

I'm going through icon packs that I got from Humble Bundle. A lot of food icons will be used in my game. I loved the variety in Earthbound. Oct 17, 2019 at 1:51 PM

Storyteller-Hero was last seen:
Oct 20, 2019 at 11:40 PM
    1. Storyteller-Hero
      Storyteller-Hero
      I'm going through icon packs that I got from Humble Bundle. A lot of food icons will be used in my game. I loved the variety in Earthbound.
      1. Storyteller-Hero
        Storyteller-Hero
        Of food items that is. Not icons.
        Oct 17, 2019 at 3:13 PM
    2. Storyteller-Hero
      Storyteller-Hero
      Spelling, grammar, and diction in the first ten minutes of a game may be the most powerful indicators of the game's overall quality.
      1. SpaceBot, mishakoc and Lemonrice like this.
      2. Storyteller-Hero
        Storyteller-Hero
        I've been watching a bunch of "Let's Play" videos, and the quality of the language used seems to have a correlation to the number of problems that a game has.
        Oct 15, 2019 at 11:45 AM
    3. Storyteller-Hero
      Storyteller-Hero
      Separating my resource flipbook into multiple flipbooks because it became such a large file (800+ MB) that it lags on load/save.
      1. standardplayer likes this.
      2. Storyteller-Hero
        Oct 12, 2019
        standardplayer likes this.
      3. standardplayer
        standardplayer
        See I had the same problem with family photo albums. Just too many pictures, so I threw them all away.
        Oct 12, 2019
      4. Storyteller-Hero
        Storyteller-Hero
        Well, since this flipbook(s) is potentially going to be used for multiple projects, it's supposed to have everything. Individual games will have their own flipbooks that I surgically copy paste off of the "master flipbooks".
        Oct 12, 2019
        standardplayer likes this.
    4. Storyteller-Hero
      Storyteller-Hero
      Finding out that a game deployed from MV as Mac OS registers as 64-bit made my week, since the Catalina OS update is kicking out 32-bit apps
      1. Storyteller-Hero
        Storyteller-Hero
        A lot of my friends and relatives use Macs so now I know they probably won't have trouble playing my game when it's at least ready for test play. That makes me happy.
        Oct 11, 2019
    5. Storyteller-Hero
      Storyteller-Hero
      After testing, it seems the 3D airship plugin that seemed to work has harsh limitations beyond map sizes too small for world maps. Ah well.
      1. Thanatos likes this.
      2. Storyteller-Hero
        Storyteller-Hero
        On the bright side, I was thinking of dropping it anyway to stay graphically consistent with cutscenes I might include that involve multiple vehicles on the map, like in Final Fantasy IV.
        Oct 9, 2019
      3. Poryg
        Poryg
        3d airship plugin? You mean Mode7?
        Oct 9, 2019
        Thanatos likes this.
      4. Storyteller-Hero
        Storyteller-Hero
        No - Tomy's 3D Airship plugin. It was a long shot to begin with though, since it was only tested with PC and Android.
        Oct 9, 2019
    6. Storyteller-Hero
      Storyteller-Hero
      After picking up the FSM new release, I think it's time to update my resource flipbook. I haven't added to it since computer death last fall
      1. Storyteller-Hero
        Storyteller-Hero
        And I still have to go through the RPG Maker Web forum resources since the computer death interrupted me before I could properly go through the forums. This could take a while.
        Oct 8, 2019
    7. Storyteller-Hero
      Storyteller-Hero
      After returning from last of a convention, I feel a cathartic release among my aches and pains from walking so much.
      1. Storyteller-Hero
        Storyteller-Hero
        Last day I mean. I'll need to catch up on sleep too heheheh.
        Oct 7, 2019
      2. Storyteller-Hero
        Storyteller-Hero
        A change of pace once in a while can be good for writing. I had a flash of inspiration today for my game's story as well, to address an important plot hole.
        Oct 7, 2019
    8. Storyteller-Hero
      Storyteller-Hero
      There's a mixed Humble Bundle for making card games right now that has assets that might be useful for RPG Maker games.
      1. cabfe
        cabfe
        Check the licence, just to be sure.
        Oct 6, 2019
        Storyteller-Hero likes this.
      2. Storyteller-Hero
        Storyteller-Hero
        Oct 6, 2019
      3. Storyteller-Hero
        Storyteller-Hero
        Oct 6, 2019
    9. Storyteller-Hero
      Storyteller-Hero
      I just tested SumRndmDde's camera core plugin and it worked without crashing. This gives me endless joy on behalf of my future cutscenes.
    10. Storyteller-Hero
      Storyteller-Hero
      I'm figuring out how I'm arranging classes for my game characters today. I learned a bit more about the class system plugins I'm using too.
      1. katharine likes this.
      2. Storyteller-Hero
        Storyteller-Hero
        There was a bit of annoyance in trying to remove certain unwanted classes from selection in Yanfly's Class-change plugin until I learned that the way to remove them is to make different unique skill types and assign them to class skills.
        Oct 1, 2019
    11. Storyteller-Hero
      Storyteller-Hero
      Battle Chasers: Nightwars had a fun mechanic where different actor speak could be triggered based on who is leading the party.
      1. Storyteller-Hero
        Storyteller-Hero
        I was thinking of going a step further and making a random party member speak a text based on their actor ID, but I might have to stick with basing it on the leader of the current party.
        Sep 29, 2019
      2. Storyteller-Hero
        Storyteller-Hero
        Huh well I managed to at least make the leader mechanic work.
        Sep 29, 2019
      3. Storyteller-Hero
        Storyteller-Hero
        The little things in a game can have a profound effect on how it feels to play it.
        Sep 29, 2019
    12. Storyteller-Hero
      Storyteller-Hero
      I'm getting close to 200 plugins on my test project now. Had a number of glitch scares when some plugins seemed to conflict with each other.
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Storyteller-Hero
        Storyteller-Hero
        gstv87 - by that logic, nobody using RPGMaker should be calling their game theirs.
        Sep 28, 2019
        Hyouryuu-Na, mishakoc and bgillisp like this.
      3. Storyteller-Hero
        Storyteller-Hero
        Well, it ended more around 160 in my first draft after I saw a bunch of redundancies in the remaining plugins that I collected.
        Sep 28, 2019
      4. Storyteller-Hero
        Storyteller-Hero
        oops 180 - miscounted number of screenshots
        Sep 28, 2019
    13. Storyteller-Hero
      Storyteller-Hero
      Testing out an airship plugin that is pretty close to FF VI airship. It seems to work atm. https://imgur.com/rOkxi9T
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Storyteller-Hero
        Storyteller-Hero
        Hmm the image isn't showing. I've seen other people post pictures though.
        Sep 27, 2019
      3. Storyteller-Hero
        Storyteller-Hero
        I realized what I did wrong. Have to add ".png" the first time posting, when embedding a picture. Can't believe I forgot that. Ah well.
        Sep 28, 2019
      4. Storyteller-Hero
        Storyteller-Hero
        oh wait forgot about the [/*]
        Sep 28, 2019
    14. Storyteller-Hero
      Storyteller-Hero
      I feel like I took an important step towards understanding map events by learning to make a solo map event that acts like a light switch.
      1. RitualTeeth likes this.
    15. Storyteller-Hero
      Storyteller-Hero
      I'm glad that I took time to figure out how I want my game to be before making a test project for plugins. There are so many to choose from.
      1. RitualTeeth and Lemonrice like this.
    16. Storyteller-Hero
      Storyteller-Hero
      Adding and testing plugins piece by piece, watching tutorials and making notes about potential uses for plugins. Also battling a mosquito...
      1. Storyteller-Hero
        Storyteller-Hero
        VICTORY! Mosquito lies dead in my wastebasket.
        Sep 25, 2019
    17. Storyteller-Hero
      Storyteller-Hero
      It's so awesome to add a plugin and then run a test and see that it actually works. I love this feeling.
      1. Shaz and Faherya like this.
      2. Storyteller-Hero
        Storyteller-Hero
        And then there's moments of panic like when the Community Basic plugin I neglected to remove conflicted with the Yanfly Core Engine in trying to change screen size. Heheheh.
        Sep 24, 2019
    18. Storyteller-Hero
      Storyteller-Hero
      Organizing the plugins in my test project is going well thanks to a tip by Echo607 on YouTube about making blank .js with divider titles.
      1. NinjaKittyProductions likes this.
    19. Storyteller-Hero
      Storyteller-Hero
      I'm still writing the story for my game. I'm going to make a very basic test project to see if all the plugins I have work together or not.
      1. Eliaquim likes this.
      2. Eliaquim
        Eliaquim
        I like to make a map with 30x30 more or less, then put some events testing the functionality of all the plugins in this same map ^^ Because sometimes the conflict happen only when those two plugins are in action inside the game
        Sep 22, 2019
        Storyteller-Hero likes this.
    20. Storyteller-Hero
      Storyteller-Hero
      YAY music pack problem was fixed finally! Thank you support!
  • About

Birthday:
    Dec 29, 1982 (Age: 36)
    First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Interests:
    Anime