Storyteller-Hero
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Sometimes a mechanic that is meant to add challenge is just annoying. Even the Final Fantasy games did not completely escape this pitfall of design. (FF8 draw system I'm looking at you - grrrr)
    So apparently the surprise Google Search page browser game saves your progress when you close the browser.

This really makes me miss the golden age of Flash gaming.
    Reactions: JPlaysan
    JPlaysan
    JPlaysan
    I tried it out yesterday and then stopped playing after some time. I was wondering if it saves progress. Good to know! :)
    Holy Guacamole -- the Google search page turns into a browser game today when clicking the play symbol on the title.
    Reactions: Quexp and Finnuval
    Quexp
    Quexp
    That surprised me too. I just expected search results on something RPG related.
    The details coming out of the Activision Blizzard lawsuit are horrifying, and explain a lot about the declining quality of products from the company in recent years. A lot of the people who migrated to FF XIV from WoW have even more reason to never go back now.
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    I read somewhere about how bad it is. I need to see what actually happened tho, but I've been randomly hearing bad things for quite a while now. especially with Activision in general.
    Storyteller-Hero
    Storyteller-Hero
    Since this is coming from a state department after a 2-year investigation, and police evidence appears to be on the table for the prosecution, and given the vitriol of the Activision Blizzard response statement (parts of which are shockingly unprofessional for a company of its size), I think that there's going to be plenty seen and heard in the court room.
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    yeah I finally saw a bit of it and wooow... it's rough what's going on over there if that tidbit was any indicator. I already didn't like Activision in general but this is just a mess.
    I saved three particular Steam reviews of MZ that have pushed me to save up for a transition to MZ. Apparently MZ has much larger device power usage limits than MV, is far more optimized for large projects, and can handle animations with much less potential lag. The map layering system in place is also a plus.
    Cootadude
    Cootadude
    It will differently help RPG Maker dev's since many people will like to be able to play games made with RPG Maker on the go. Just because of both the control scheme and how the games are designed.
    I've decided to switch from MV to MZ (because of the potential issues for a large game) but I'll wait until Fall or Winter since I'd have to spend beyond my current budget for the extra plugins if I buy now. Meanwhile I'll focus on writing dialogues and editing audio, busts, and parallaxes which would be the same whether I'm using MV or MZ.
    I think I might switch over to MZ because of problems I'm reading about for larger games, preloading issues, and compatibility of deployed games (not just the maker itself). I'd take a slight hit for what I've spent on plugins but if my game doesn't work a year from now it would be pointless. I'm still very early in the process so maybe now is the time to change over.
    Reactions: Pocketgems
    Storyteller-Hero
    Storyteller-Hero
    I'm talking mainly about games working on Mac OS, but I'm also wondering if games made on MV will still be compatible for Windows beyond the next year. I'm not an expert so I'm reading bits and pieces here and there trying to make sense of it all.
    OpheliaEnigma
    OpheliaEnigma
    If your game is already too advanced you can always fix any compatibility issues by coding or asking someone to code plugins for that purpose. Switching to MZ won't save you forever, in a few years, it will also get outdated and computer architecture will render it obsolete unless you keep making plugins to prevent it.
    Storyteller-Hero
    Storyteller-Hero
    Well, I don't need it to be forever. Most sales for a videogame come from the first two years anyway. Plus, MZ is still in the relative beginning of its lifespan and drastic changes to Mac OS don't happen frequently.
    I'm brainstorming and researching a bit on marketing a game, since there are probably lots of marketing techniques that require planning ahead of time. It feels like the average indie developer has barely scratched the surface on what they could do in marketing a commercial game - there are so many possibilities made possible with modern resources.
    I was hoping so much that DND: Dark Alliance would be good because I love DnD and Forgotten Realms so much. It probably would have been much better to push the release date for the game even just a few more months and then release it as Early Access for another few months.
    Trihan
    Trihan
    From what I've heard it's just an inherently flawed product. I'm not sure waiting longer would have fixed the problems with it.
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    A garbage game that has little to do with the old Dark Alliance games. I loved those old dungeon crawlers. It's just sad that such a new game is not only worse, but far more broken and buggy than a bunch of games that came out on the ps2.
    Somebody mentioned on a Mother 3 related thread that there's a secret dungeon accessed from a bathroom. Hmm, what if the heroes clicked a switch and the toilet became a portal to...somewhere strange, somewhere dangerous, somewhere stinky...
    I wish character bust packs had options for both side-facing and front-facing for the same characters.
    BK-tdm
    BK-tdm
    Side facing can be lazied out with mirroring, font-facing tho...
    "This game features a complete story from beginning to end." --- This statement may have a lot of power in the current era of gaming.
    After working out some initial confusion, I managed to get Yanfly's Improved Battlebacks successfully working on a test battle, changing the battleback and getting it to scroll during combat. This means that I can have graphically dynamic battles on moving platforms, like the roof of a train or the deck of a ship/airship...
    I just watched the CG movie HARLOCK: Space Pirate, a retelling of the anime Harlock story. It was pretty awesome, and has given me some inspiration for my space game, at least for parts of it.
    I finished editing sound effects and background sound for the trains that will be in my fantasy game project, including whistles for arrival, departure, and warning. Ever since playing FF6, I've always loved RPG action on trains and there will be some fun to be had on trains in my project.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I have made 60 new skills! ''after test'' I have made 3 new skills!

Made a new battleback this week! How's it look?
"This is the real secret to life - To be completely engaged with what you are doing in the here and now. And instead of calling it work, realize it is play."
Me: "I don't to use other engines because I'd have to do a lot of coding."

Also my desktop right now....
mycurrentdesktop.jpg

...I literally spend more time using VS Code than MZ. :kaoswt:
actually, are there any JRPG type games (I guess turn based, so not ARPGs like say, Vagrant Story) where you have only one party member for the majority of the game? (I wonder if I'm forgetting something obvious.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raw2na