Storyteller-Hero
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Every once in a while I check to see if my planned game titles are taken or trademarked. Still okay. I plan to take my time for the sake of quality, but at the same time it feels like a race against some hidden dev out there who also plans to publish or register the same title.
    alice_gristle
    alice_gristle
    I take it you have a plan B and mebbe a plan C title in store? Anyway, got my fingers crossed for ya! :wub
    Storyteller-Hero
    Storyteller-Hero
    Backup titles won't be a problem. Just irritating since my first-pick has to do with a central story thing. Thank you.
    kirbwarrior
    kirbwarrior
    Reminds me of when I made this cool martial artist that did fancy flippy tricks and was really fast named Neo. Then the Matrix came out a month later.

I also found out recently a game title idea I love has apparently been used multiple times.
    Waiting for the 1.40 update before testing out my copy of MZ so that I don't end up adding unnecessary work to my plate. Meanwhile the current fourth draft for my story is taking shape, and I'm fleshing out the lore as I realize how things would make better sense here and there for the world that I'm building.
    I finally bought RPG Maker MZ. After months and months of painful waiting I've taken the next leap into developer madness. Mwahahahahahahaha!!!
    As an upgrade of the dungeon difficulty selection menu that I'm planning for my game's dungeons (menu at the entrance when entering, inspired by Battlechasers), I'm going to see if I can show info like possible rare loot drops and enemy types on the menu after completing the dungeon. Varied info by difficulty. This will save time for collectors who want to find everything and keep notes to do it.
    Designing a game with new game plus in mind from the start instead of tacking on new game plus seems to be like the difference of filming a movie with 3D in mind instead of tacking on 3D during post-production. Shyamalan's The Last Airbender (tacked on) versus Cameron's Avatar (pre-planned) is a good example of this.
    gstv87
    gstv87
    The Last Airbender was not a train wreck... it was the pileup of an entire city's rail yard worth of rolling stock, wreck, from the start.
    I don't know what 3D can possibly fix from it.
    Storyteller-Hero
    Storyteller-Hero
    The 3D version of The Last Airbender wasn't an attempted fix, it was a blatant cash grab. I get the feeling that the studio execs got nervous about release after seeing a preview/early cut but were already too far in to redo everything and desperately greenlighted the 3D just in case.
    The v1.4 update of MZ is going to save a lot of time and effort with its in-editor upgrade to using both particle and frame animations.
    If you're going to do a crafting system for an RPG, I want a crap ton of recipes to try out, not just the bare minimum, and I don't want to see obvious combinations turn out to be invalid. If cheese + tomato + dough doesn't become pizza, it's a missed opportunity of epic proportions.
    Mr. Detective
    Mr. Detective
    Throw pineapple into that mix, too.
    54.gif
    BK-tdm
    BK-tdm
    Lets plot twist it, cheese+tomato+dough= cheese sandwich with sliced tomato, take that player expectations! :kaopride:
    I was about to buy MZ Bundle S during the Halloween Sale but it looks like the bundle was removed from Steam just a day before I was about to get it. I think I'll wait a bit longer to get MZ and work on everything else (like dialogue scripts and art/sound/sprite editing) in the meantime.
    Storyteller-Hero
    Storyteller-Hero
    They re-installed the bundle! Next discount sale should be later this month I think.
    Big Google Warning Today for chrome users - apparently some kind of security threat has happened and everyone is being advised to update their Chrome browser ASAP by going to settings and/or "About Google Chrome", to update their browser version to a new one just released.
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Glad I use sorta ol' reliable - FireFox. It's bloated as hell, sometimes won't start for seemingly no reason at all, seems to consume way too much memory, but it sorta works. xD

I wonder what happened to Chrome, though?
    zzmmorgan
    zzmmorgan
    I see news about big warnings for all sorts of things all the time. Typically things like Chrome are set to autoupdate by default. Google, Apple, and Microsoft aren't going to give Forbes exclusive warnings to the general public. If they have a genuine warning for the general public it'll be everywhere......
    Mrs_Allykat
    Mrs_Allykat
    helpabout.jpg
    Just in case someone doesn't know where to find "about"
    One uncomfortable truth that has withstood the test of time, is how most people will stand by while they see a crime happening, unless it's illegal to stand by. We probably wouldn't have stories about "special heroes" or games about heroes if the "everyday common folk" were largely capable of being heroes. Heroes face dangers that most people are not willing to.
    Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    And I know I probably come off as a callous ******* here but my point is just that even the best intentions can lead to terrible consequences. I won't say don't help people that clearly need it, but if you feel you'd be compelled if put in the situation for gods sake invest in a body camera as part of your edc.
    Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    I've got both a hands free hidden cam and a dash cam, no I'm not any kind of cop, just a tad paranoid, but for good reason. You don't know how your actions will be spun until **** happens, better to have video and audio than not if you ever want to play good samaritan because you just don't know how that ends until it does.
    Finnuval
    Finnuval
    @Philosophus Vagus no you dont, more like someone who has experience to back up their opinion xD
    Apparently MZ lets you preview move routes in the move route editor without having to start up test game. That could save a lot of time during development compared to MV, especially for a long game that uses a lot of event movement for cutscenes.
    Shaz
    Shaz
    Yes, but I believe it doesn't allow you to create them visually (ie - click where you want the player to go). That would be handy.
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    It is also not 100% perfect as sometimes it has my starting position wrong in the viewer, but closing the event and reopening it fixes that.
    Efficient marketing seems to be about gaming the system to overcome the veil of market saturation, to shift reliance towards strategy over luck. Since some methods can cost money and/or significant time expenditure, they can feel like a big gamble just because of the cost.
    I hate the mosquito in my room who likes to buzz my head when I'm trying to sleep or get work done. I may add a mosquito extermination quest to my game out of spite.
    Quexp
    Quexp
    I have one in my current project! LOL
    After a storm, an elderly woman asks the player to dump out standing water to get rid of them. You're more than welcome to use this idea if you want. Exterminating them sounds way cooler though. I'd love to see what you come up with!

Mosquitos are definitely annoying.

EDIT:
    I did some rough map sketching today for the first town in my game and my planned world map. Fifteen towns on rough draft. I think this might be the one I develop from after going through several drafts.
    The plugin dev behind Ritter Title Movie plugin (on itch.io for MZ) added a random playlist feature to the plugin that I requested. Being able to play multiple different movies while idling at the title screen opens up some really fun possibilities for the planned dressings in my game project. I've also decided not to do two at the same time, the scifi game will have to wait for the fantasy game to complete first.
    Ugh too much work piled up and NYCC is this coming week so I have to make up for lost time. I don't think I'll be able to finish an entry for the boss battle jam after all, at least not the way I want to do it. Good luck to everyone in the contest though.
    I think I'm going to put in an entry for the boss battle jam since I already prepared a lot of ingredients while testing out stuff for my game and it wouldn't take too long to move some stuff over to the sample template.
    One of the worst design choices I've seen in an online game is to significantly nerf in-game rewards (to drive profits from in-game microtransactions) after players had already gotten used to a certain level of reward over a long time. It's always better to start low and give more as needed, or offer something new, rather than to blatantly take away from the players.
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    You mean like Guild Wars 2 and how nigh all rewards in game are trash when compared to the stuff you can simply buy? To make matters worse, there's no traditional progression at the end game, and you can buy gold using real money, so you can just buy your exotics and costumes.
    HexMozart88
    HexMozart88
    I hate pay to win games. "Sorry, you need 9 gold to progress". You mean the 9 gold that I can only get using real money?
    cthulhusquid
    cthulhusquid
    Battlefield Play4Free did this, anyone who had the old, really good guns remembers the infamous December Update where they turned all of them into crappier versions.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Happy Saint Nicholas Day! May there nice stuff in your shoes when you wake up!
Choosing Beggars are the best source of entertainment.
DavidUchina wrote on caethyril's profile.
You chad, thanks a lot for your plugins. You helped me costumize the buttons in my game.
I created the first teaser for my game! I decided to make an animation of Cabaret Helen advertising the Pizza Time Theater, set to an actual radio commercial. But this is no ordinary advertisement...
"Somber melody and stunning visuals takes one through the bittersweet tale of False Rebirth" ~ Marmalade
https://rpgmaker.net/games/12069/reviews/7576/

Got a first review on my game, on RPG Maker dot net. :kaothx:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luxxusburger