Oct 19, 2019 at 3:04 PM

Followers 1

Birthday:
Dec 29, 1982 (Age: 36)

Share This Page

Storyteller-Hero

Veteran, Male, 36

Veteran

I'm going through icon packs that I got from Humble Bundle. A lot of food icons will be used in my game. I loved the variety in Earthbound. Oct 17, 2019 at 1:51 PM

Storyteller-Hero was last seen:
Oct 19, 2019 at 3:04 PM
    1. Storyteller-Hero
      Storyteller-Hero
      I just finished Skyborn. It gave me a good idea of things I might want to consider in my own game. It was shorter than I expected though.
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Storyteller-Hero
        Storyteller-Hero
        Overall, it was a bit disappointing in my opinion but far better than a lot of what I've seen in Let's Play videos on YouTube.
        May 3, 2019
      3. Storyteller-Hero
        Storyteller-Hero
        6/10 if the SNES Final Fantasy games are 9 or 10 on the scale.
        May 3, 2019
      4. bgillisp
        bgillisp
        I'd give it a C myself. As in, average. Decent story, poor battle system which had no tactics short of make your tank have the highest threat, watch them get KO'd, revive, repeat. At least that is how all late game battles went for me.
        May 3, 2019
        Knighteriius likes this.
    2. Storyteller-Hero
      Storyteller-Hero
      With all the music packs that I splurged on during sales, I'm going to vary by map region the music of encounters and traveling in my game.
      1. Storyteller-Hero
        Storyteller-Hero
        I remember that Final Fantasy VI did this to some extent, and it really added to the ambience of environments during the journey.
        May 2, 2019
    3. Storyteller-Hero
      Storyteller-Hero
      I picked up more music for RPG Maker MV in the golden week sale. My experience in theatre working with sound designers was all for this lol.
    4. Storyteller-Hero
      Storyteller-Hero
      I've started playing Skyborn to see how well a popular RPG Maker game was made. So far, not bad.
      2. Storyteller-Hero
        Storyteller-Hero
        I got it as a gift from a Humble Bundle. It's a decent sample of what RPG Maker can be used for. Not the best I've played but decent overall so far (though I haven't played enough to determine if the game is currently worth its full price if I'd bought it myself). It's also a good case study for what the publisher Degica Games finds acceptable for project submissions.
        Apr 29, 2019
        Knighteriius likes this.
      3. bgillisp
        bgillisp
        I thought the story decent but the battle system awful. Late game it was they KO my tank, I revive them, rinse lather repeat.
        Apr 29, 2019
        Knighteriius likes this.
      4. Knighteriius
        Knighteriius
        Apr 30, 2019
    5. Storyteller-Hero
      Storyteller-Hero
      I've been picking out various tracks for my game based on how well they fit themes and whether they might become annoying if looped.
      1. Storyteller-Hero
        Storyteller-Hero
        Sometimes a tracks sounds great at first but then the music adds a sound that seems cool for the first listen, but is too grating or uncomfortable to hear if used repeatedly in the background.
        Apr 27, 2019
      2. Storyteller-Hero
        Storyteller-Hero
        --track-- I should probably take a break...
        Apr 27, 2019
      3. kirbwarrior
        kirbwarrior
        I find it best to use them as background music while developing. If it starts to great on you, then it's not grate for the game.
        Apr 29, 2019
    6. Storyteller-Hero
      Storyteller-Hero
      Not having to spank my computer every day to get it working properly is truly a blessing.
      1. Animebryan
        Animebryan
        When you spank your computer, does it scream "Harder Daddy!"?
        Apr 23, 2019
      2. Kuro DCupu
        Kuro DCupu
        She likes it rough
        Apr 23, 2019
        Animebryan likes this.
    7. Storyteller-Hero
      Storyteller-Hero
      Picked out theme music for 8/10 of the characters in my first game so far. It's getting me super inspired for the dialogue to be written.
      1. Wavelength and dsiver144 like this.
      2. RavenBlueIndigo
        RavenBlueIndigo
        Are you using royalty free music?
        Apr 22, 2019
      3. Storyteller-Hero
        Storyteller-Hero
        Music from MV music packs. I splurged on them during discount sales and now I'm organizing everything into iTunes playlists.
        Apr 22, 2019
    8. Storyteller-Hero
      Storyteller-Hero
      There are rules of storytelling for good reason: many writers screwed up along the way and developed the rules to screw up less than before.
      2. Benny Jackdaw
        Benny Jackdaw
        I am constantly second-guessing myself as a writer. That is why I am treating my current writings as a rough draft so I can iron out what doesn't work through feedback.
        Apr 17, 2019
      3. Storyteller-Hero
        Storyteller-Hero
        If you study not just what the rules of storytelling are but also why they exist, you will have the wisdom of the greatest writers in your hands and the confidence that your final draft will never fall below a certain level (maybe not great but never bad). Knowing also helps prevent writer's block since you'll have a more solid foundation to write from.
        Apr 17, 2019
      4. Storyteller-Hero
        Storyteller-Hero
        For example, the basic rule that conflict (not to be confused with physical violence) is what makes a story interesting - the reader is far more likely to be hooked if you have a good conflict as the basis of your story, because they'll have a legitimate reason to be curious - to see whether change or resistance to change wins out.
        Apr 17, 2019
    9. Storyteller-Hero
      Storyteller-Hero
      Facebook, Instagram, and Whatsapp are down. The zombie apocalypse has officially begun.
      2. SpaceBot
        SpaceBot
        Last time that happened people were calling the police about it. :guffaw:
        Apr 14, 2019
      3. Dalph
        Dalph
        That is why you should always have Discord as a backup, on both your phone and your pc.
        Apr 15, 2019
        SpaceBot likes this.
      4. WhiteW
        WhiteW
        What happened while I slept??
        Apr 15, 2019
    10. Storyteller-Hero
      Storyteller-Hero
      I'm organizing the music and sound effect files that I collected for MV. It's too bad my old computer wasn't cloud sync'd - starting over...
      1. SpaceBot likes this.
    11. Storyteller-Hero
      Storyteller-Hero
      There have been so many great plugins released by Yanfly, Olivia, and Irina since I started planning my first game. It's really freeing.
      1. Elliott404 likes this.
      2. Storyteller-Hero
        Storyteller-Hero
        The more options get put on the table, the more ways to express as an artist. The more ways to tell a story.
        Apr 4, 2019
        Elliott404 likes this.
      3. Elliott404
        Elliott404
        This is the blessing in starting at your own pace. You get to witness masterpieces.
        Apr 4, 2019
    12. Storyteller-Hero
      Storyteller-Hero
      My new computer is set up. I'm so happy that I can work without having to slap my computer anymore.
      1. BadLittleSeed likes this.
      2. Poryg
        Mar 25, 2019
        Storyteller-Hero likes this.
    13. Storyteller-Hero
      Storyteller-Hero
      Computer is ready for pickup 1 week early! So much work to catch up on! I've got prep files for transfer now.
      1. SpaceBot likes this.
      2. Storyteller-Hero
        Storyteller-Hero
        "got to prep" - ugh
        Mar 23, 2019
    14. Storyteller-Hero
      Storyteller-Hero
      It's going to be a couple of weeks until the new computer. I'm not so sure I can do the birthday event but I'll be wishing luck to y'all.
    15. Storyteller-Hero
      Storyteller-Hero
      I didn't get picked in the jury selection today. I'm free omg I'm free. Getting back to working in RPG Maker soon.
      1. BadLittleSeed and SpaceBot like this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. bgillisp
        bgillisp
        I was selected once, but got eliminated after the interviews.
        Mar 14, 2019
      4. hiddenone
        hiddenone
        The selection process when I did it was someone saying "if you can think of an excuse, sit over there to be questioned"... I didn't think "I just don't want to be here" would've been a good enough excuse, luckily it was a pretty short trial.
        Mar 14, 2019
      5. Storyteller-Hero
        Storyteller-Hero
        The particular trial I could have been picked for would have lasted into next month. I can't divulge details, but getting picked would have drastically delayed a lot of plans. Three days of jury selection was already rough - several weeks of actual trial would have been torture for me as someone who does creative writing as an income source.
        Mar 14, 2019
    16. Storyteller-Hero
      Storyteller-Hero
      I just bought an amazing plugin from Atelier Irina. I feel excited for when I have a new computer and I can put this plugin to use.
      1. Storyteller-Hero
        Storyteller-Hero
        Mar 9, 2019
        GolfHacker likes this.
      2. Elliott404
        Elliott404
        Got it. I was about to consider into buying GENE, but then, this bad girl appeared before my eyes.
        Mar 9, 2019
      3. dragoonwys
        dragoonwys
        It's amazing, I highly recommend it! ^.^ Funny about GENE, I bought that first just because I am using a ton of busts as well. But the instant I saw this fabulous beast, I snagged it up LOL
        I use GENE for other image things (picture menus and such) since the instant drag and drop picture positions is quite useful anyway.
        Mar 9, 2019
        Storyteller-Hero and Elliott404 like this.
    17. Storyteller-Hero
      Storyteller-Hero
      I'll have a new computer this month if everything goes well. I might participate in the RPG Maker birthday event with a demo.
    18. Storyteller-Hero
      Storyteller-Hero
      A few more weeks before I'm back to having a computer that works properly. In the meanwhile, I received a summons for jury duty. Boohaha.
      1. OmnislashXX
        OmnislashXX
        Yeah. I had a summons recently. Had to tell them flat out I couldn't make it on account that I was recovering from stroke symptoms.
        Feb 23, 2019
      2. Storyteller-Hero
        Storyteller-Hero
        The last time I was called, I was a student, so I was able to get exempt, but I'd graduated since then so that's a no go for getting out of it. Ah well.
        Feb 24, 2019
    19. Storyteller-Hero
      Storyteller-Hero
      I'm thinking about scrapping half of the original concept for my first RPG Maker game to take full advantage of an amazing stock resource.
      2. Storyteller-Hero
        Storyteller-Hero
        The setting would remain the same, but I might have to make some drastic changes to the story progression depending on where my imagination takes me in the revision.
        Feb 8, 2019
      3. Finnuval
        Finnuval
        Well... only you can decide it it's worth it and if the story is served by such a change. Whatever the decision I wish you luck :)
        Feb 8, 2019
      4. Storyteller-Hero
        Storyteller-Hero
        Thank you!
        Feb 9, 2019
        Finnuval likes this.
    20. Storyteller-Hero
      Storyteller-Hero
      ♫ When you walk away, you don't hear me say, "Pleeeeeeeeeeeease, oh babyyyyyyyyyy". ♫
      1. Finnuval likes this.
      2. The Mighty Palm
        The Mighty Palm
        Sorry but I cannot hear anyone but Donald Duck singing this.
        Jan 31, 2019
  • About

Birthday:
    Dec 29, 1982 (Age: 36)
    First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Interests:
    Anime