Storyteller-Hero
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• If it's just the first hour of gameplay, I might be able to make it for the IGMC 2018 deadline, but I won't know for a couple of weeks.
    Storyteller-Hero
    Storyteller-Hero
    I'm still learning the engine itself. My one advantage might be that I have experience with fictional writing and art design for paid products so I mainly have to worry about the technical stuff.
    I found out that Yanfly made an Icon Generator app but it only works on Windows. Ah well.
    Storyteller-Hero
    Storyteller-Hero
    I've found hundreds of edited icons among the English and Japanese communities, so it should be enough, at least for now.
    MushroomCake28
    MushroomCake28
    if you have access to a windows pc I highly recommend using the Yanfly icon generator. It is absolutely fabulous.
    Storyteller-Hero
    Storyteller-Hero
    I use a Mac only but now I'm tempted to Bootcamp just for the Icon Generator. :p
    I just finished collecting and organizing resources + permissions info from the Japanese blogs/forums. Tsukumate took the longest time.
    Reactions: Zealraid
    Storyteller-Hero
    Storyteller-Hero
    I might return to Tsukumate to check out their plugins and window skins but for now my total resources have grown by a titanic amount thanks to a relatively sizable MV community there.
    Storyteller-Hero
    Storyteller-Hero
    Bookmarking and cataloguing the MV resources on the English forums now. I had some doubts in the beginning about how close I could come to making the cool games that I really want to make but with all the materials available there are so many possibilities. Story ideas are swirling around in my head with every useful building block I find.
    Thanks to a quirk of the story that I've just realized for my RPG, I can go super wild with the dungeon level designs. I feel super excited.
    I just downloaded most of Yanfly's plugins, partly to make sure my workflow isn't interrupted by internet hiccup and partly for perspective.
    Reactions: Marsigne
    Storyteller-Hero
    Storyteller-Hero
    I can decide what I want to use later, but at the very least I don't have to worry about waiting if either yanfly.moe or dropbox are down.
    Storyteller-Hero
    Storyteller-Hero
    I also got a good look at what Yanfly made possible, and it's given me a greater landscape for my ideas to bloom.
    Shaz
    Shaz
    I suggest you only add them to your project when you decide you need them. Better than trying to remember what you've used and taking out the rest later. And we recently had someone post asking for help with something that was not working properly, exactly because he'd added all of Yanfly's plugins, figuring he'd remove what he didn't need later.
    Seeing as how websites can disappear or go down unexpectedly, I've decided to not procrastinate in looking up free resources on the internet
    Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    That's right, horde all of the things! Then all you'll have to worry about when websites disappear is not knowing who the hell to credit, but you'll still have a graveyard full of resources you cannot safely use publicly.

PSA: Always rename resources in a way that tells you the creator, and don't forget to horde terms of use as well as the resources themselves.
    Storyteller-Hero
    Storyteller-Hero
    I've been placing the artist name into each individual file name, and keeping a screenshot of the terms with the name from the thread.

There's so much here that I'll probably have to make a separate flip book when I organize it more, just to be careful in separating purchased resources from free resources.
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    I feel personally attacked bcz I took down my blog months ago. It has a lot of embarrassing stuff that I couldn't stand to see it.
    I'm still compiling the flip book. I just finished with the enemies from the FES pack. A decent number of them can be used for both views.
    Storyteller-Hero
    Storyteller-Hero
    I was particularly happy to see that there are Dragons in the pack that match the classical Western Dragon style that I want for my game, and they're side view friendly, more or less.
    Brainstorming for my first RPG has got me practicing my Google-Fu on plugins and tutorials for things I'd never considered before.
    Reactions: Finnuval
    Storyteller-Hero
    Storyteller-Hero
    Animated title screens for example - I can use my hard-earned video editing skills thanks to a plugin that loops a video clip.
    I'm taking my flip-book organizing of assets slow and steady. It's over 600 pages now, but I'm glad that I did this, to help me brainstorm.
    Reactions: Finnuval
    Finnuval
    Finnuval
    Must be nice being organized. I always end up drowning in a sea o paper
    Storyteller-Hero
    Storyteller-Hero
    Organizing resources can make the difference between spending 1 year on a project and 3 years. With an organized foundation, everything else can go much faster.
    Finnuval
    Finnuval
    True but then again it takes skill and A different personality from mine lol
    I fleshed out a bit more of the setting that I'm writing for my first RPG on RM, and I've figured out who the last boss should be.
    I found out that I can legally explore a new niche for RPG Maker games, but I don't know how well it'll sell. It could be swing and miss.
    Storyteller-Hero
    Storyteller-Hero
    It has to do with lore research for a niche market site. I don't want to get hopes up until I perform a test with a small prototype. I'll post results if it actually sells on there.
    Shaz
    Shaz
    legally explore? What would make something IL-legal to explore?
    Storyteller-Hero
    Storyteller-Hero
    It has to do with a license on the market site itself.
    Reactions: Shaz
    The plugin community is amazing. The more I learn about what is available the more I'm excited about making a game.
    Reactions: GoodSelf
    Sharm
    Sharm
    Be warned, it's very easy to get carried away and want to add all of them, and the more you have, the more likely something is to break. I haven't managed it, but I hear that it's better to figure out what you want to do and see if there's a plugin that would work instead of going looking and adding everything you think you need.
    Storyteller-Hero
    Storyteller-Hero
    No worries. If designing stuff for Dungeons & Dragons has taught me anything, it's that more is not always better. :D
    Reactions: Sharm
    Poryg
    Poryg
    And if you were to know how to code yourself, you could have enhanced what's available too :p
    I just finished compiling the images in MV's RTP into a flip book, and it's now at 350 pages. Yikes. Convenient but yikes.
    I decided to do a long overdue backup of everything I need for work on my computer. My external backup drive is gonna get a little fatter.
    Reactions: The Stranger
    TakeHomeTheCup
    Always good to back up. I would if I could.
    MushroomCake28
    MushroomCake28
    Always a great idea to backup data. I back everything up twice. Storage is very cheap in 2018, not like in the old days.
    After I finish organizing RTP in a flip book, it's time for DLC. This should help me make sure who to credit for what when the time comes.
    I might have figured out a new market for RPG Maker created content, but it's a super niche market. I'll try a prototype before end of year.
    I've begun organizing my images in a digital flip book so that I don't have to click them individually when previewing them. Convenient.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Oh boi!! Nikki angst!!

Not sure what to call the shrooms, but they eat you up inside for a week, and then they leave you with suicidal thoughts or something. I'm not sure yet.
Turns out our homegirl got an accidental whiff of em. :kaosigh:
Just released a new trailer for Manafinder! It's the TGS trailer! :D I'm very happy with the result!
sooo... im gonna go ahead and release all my game ideas on android as Beta. Everyone will be nice right? cause its Beta... right?...

AABS traps and heals (detail is below the YTB desc)
 I may actually have something I can put into the Boss Battle Build Bout by the time it’s due. It won’t be anything spectacular (or even great (and maybe not even good (I have no idea how to do combat (yay for nested parentheses)))), but I might have a submission none the less.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Moss-eater