Storyteller-Hero
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• In a number of Final Fantasy games, there were towns and dungeons that were optional to visit. I want to have a lot of that in my game.
    Reactions: The Stranger
    Countyoungblood
    Countyoungblood
    Which games?
    Storyteller-Hero
    Storyteller-Hero
    IV for example had the namingway village on the moon. VI had a bunch of optional dungeons in the second act. VII had the city of Wutai.
    I tested with success a map change while in vehicle by passing over a map coordinate. Now I'm tempted to divide world map into hemispheres.
    Through trial and error, i've made transition between skill grid and world map work with changing actor image. Thanks, switches.
    Storyteller-Hero
    Storyteller-Hero
    Now I can smoothly transition between world map x skill grid, and interior map x skill grid while maintaining the change from normal walking sprite to mini-worldmap sprite and vice versa.
    I ordered a cheap drawing tablet. I can only hope that it works alright and lasts at least a year. Crossing fingers.
    The Mighty Palm
    The Mighty Palm
    One of us. One of us.
    hero_buddy
    hero_buddy
    my first drawing tablet was a cheapo $50 monoprice tablet, and it lasted me quite a while. hopefully you get the same luck!
    Storyteller-Hero
    Storyteller-Hero
    This is also my first tablet. $42.56 after tax for the one I've ordered. When I first started shopping around, I felt disheartened by the prices I was seeing, then I saw one that had a ton of reviews and while not as fancy as some other brands, seemed good enough for what I need. I'll find out later this week I guess.
    I just did a quick test of 1/2 scale walking sprite for world map. It reminded me of the super tiny sprites for Chrono Trigger's world map.
    Storyteller-Hero
    Storyteller-Hero
    The smaller sprite kind of makes the tiles on the world map feel bigger. I think that I might keep this scale for my game.
    FleshToDust
    FleshToDust
    Chrono Trigger had incredible art. Thats what I remember.
    And also crazy stair effects that is probably not possible in rpg maker.
    I did a quick test of tall walking sprite. I like it, but dang it looks like I've got to replace the doors too if I'm going to use it.
    Lining up for early Black Friday rush is like lining up for mass laser tag with dozens of bloodthirsty Klingons.
    Being able to copy paste an adjustable filter layer after spending a whole day editing a battler graphic with it means it's army time.
    Storyteller-Hero
    Storyteller-Hero
    My game is going to have the option of hiring party members, so the more options the better, even if it's just recolors of the same class.
    Kupotepo
    Kupotepo
    @Storyteller-Hero, it is really popular mechanic to mobile game to have hiring option of new members.
    I had an interesting thought for my game. What if you could pose for a screen shot in the game, like the photo events in Earthbound?
    MushroomCake28
    MushroomCake28
    So a selfie? Sounds like you need to find a plugin, or code one if you can.
    Storyteller-Hero
    Storyteller-Hero
    I was thinking of just triggering a temporary actor graphic change with a conditional branch. Like, press [shift] to pose, and press again to return to normal.
    It seems that there's no IGMC this year, given the time left in 2019. Next year could be different because it's the 30th anniversary of RM.
    Eliaquim
    Eliaquim
    Yeah... I was expecting that too. Let's hope to have another one next year! ^^
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    Well some people have been talking about holding a contest on discord, but it would not afflliated with the company so we can't post it here.

As it is, someone did hold a make an RPG in 24 hours contest last weekend. Default assets only, no scripts or plug-ins allowed.
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    Or you can go to itch.io and just join a jam. Who says it has to be IGMC? I've seen the everything but the game jam for instance!
    Ran testing with a 255x255 skill grid prototype map. It's made me rethink how I originally imagined it. I may go with less decor, more maze.
    I just noticed the [Change Vehicle Image] event command. This might be a way to artificially increase number of different vehicles...
    Reactions: mazzy-elf
    Animebryan
    Animebryan
    Not really. Transforming a vehicle's appearance is all it's good for. It doesn't let you change the behavior of a particular vehicle. If you want more vehicles & more customization, you're going to need a vehicle plugin for that.
    Storyteller-Hero
    Storyteller-Hero
    It actually is if you use events to move things around, at least if replacing a vehicle with a new one during the game. If it's possible to leave behind the idle graphic when activating a "new" vehicle, it might be possible to event multiple vehicles that actually use the same vehicle, just not the same graphic.
    I've got three RM games on my bucket list. Two epic fantasy, then one modern/fantasy. Now I want to do a space RPG as a fourth.
    A few years ago, I wouldn't have imagined that the playwriting and drama that I studied in college would be used in developing a videogame.
    Was trying to figure out how to turn off the BGM on Olivia's Victory Aftermath, and then facepalm moment - just set the BGM volume to zero.
    Storyteller-Hero
    Storyteller-Hero
    On the plugin setting that is.
    Storyteller-Hero
    Storyteller-Hero
    That said, music change test for changing Battle BGM in special encounters has been successfully run, and Battle BGM has been chosen for my first game. More items checked off my test project bucket list and a step closer to my official debut as a videogame director/writer.
    I'm strongly considering making lightly animated cutscenes for my game project. I'll have to test it out after buying a graphics tablet.
    Reactions: MushroomCake28
    Kupotepo
    Kupotepo
    I hope you find things you want on Black Friday. Are you going to shop online or go to the store?
    Storyteller-Hero
    Storyteller-Hero
    I'm planning to line up at my local BestBuy. I really like the physical experience of being in the store on Black Friday. There's a kind of palpable mood among the frantically stampeding shoppers that shopping online just can't duplicate.
    Kupotepo
    Kupotepo
    I hope you post it when that happens.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Final sprint for me, although a long one. If everything goes well, I'll graduate by the end of the year. Then I'll have to take the Bar classes and exams (4 months), then I'm off to practicing law (as an intern for 6 months, paid of course, then I'll be a full fledged attorney).
I think there is something wrong with my cat. He is acting CATatonic.
Want to find a quick answer? Say the wrong one and SOMEONE will fall all over themselves to correct you.
Back after almost two years! O_O"
It's time to get back to my unfinished character sprite attempt AND JS/plugin making learning! :D
Hey guys how come my new plugin that I programmed so perfectly doesn't work? Oh wait.... I forgot to add it to my game's plugins. :kaoswt:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Churlesc