Storyteller-Hero
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• I think I might switch over to MZ because of problems I'm reading about for larger games, preloading issues, and compatibility of deployed games (not just the maker itself). I'd take a slight hit for what I've spent on plugins but if my game doesn't work a year from now it would be pointless. I'm still very early in the process so maybe now is the time to change over.
    Reactions: Pocketgems
    Storyteller-Hero
    Storyteller-Hero
    I'm talking mainly about games working on Mac OS, but I'm also wondering if games made on MV will still be compatible for Windows beyond the next year. I'm not an expert so I'm reading bits and pieces here and there trying to make sense of it all.
    OpheliaEnigma
    OpheliaEnigma
    If your game is already too advanced you can always fix any compatibility issues by coding or asking someone to code plugins for that purpose. Switching to MZ won't save you forever, in a few years, it will also get outdated and computer architecture will render it obsolete unless you keep making plugins to prevent it.
    Storyteller-Hero
    Storyteller-Hero
    Well, I don't need it to be forever. Most sales for a videogame come from the first two years anyway. Plus, MZ is still in the relative beginning of its lifespan and drastic changes to Mac OS don't happen frequently.
    I'm brainstorming and researching a bit on marketing a game, since there are probably lots of marketing techniques that require planning ahead of time. It feels like the average indie developer has barely scratched the surface on what they could do in marketing a commercial game - there are so many possibilities made possible with modern resources.
    I was hoping so much that DND: Dark Alliance would be good because I love DnD and Forgotten Realms so much. It probably would have been much better to push the release date for the game even just a few more months and then release it as Early Access for another few months.
    Trihan
    Trihan
    From what I've heard it's just an inherently flawed product. I'm not sure waiting longer would have fixed the problems with it.
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    A garbage game that has little to do with the old Dark Alliance games. I loved those old dungeon crawlers. It's just sad that such a new game is not only worse, but far more broken and buggy than a bunch of games that came out on the ps2.
    Somebody mentioned on a Mother 3 related thread that there's a secret dungeon accessed from a bathroom. Hmm, what if the heroes clicked a switch and the toilet became a portal to...somewhere strange, somewhere dangerous, somewhere stinky...
    I wish character bust packs had options for both side-facing and front-facing for the same characters.
    BK-tdm
    BK-tdm
    Side facing can be lazied out with mirroring, font-facing tho...
    "This game features a complete story from beginning to end." --- This statement may have a lot of power in the current era of gaming.
    After working out some initial confusion, I managed to get Yanfly's Improved Battlebacks successfully working on a test battle, changing the battleback and getting it to scroll during combat. This means that I can have graphically dynamic battles on moving platforms, like the roof of a train or the deck of a ship/airship...
    I just watched the CG movie HARLOCK: Space Pirate, a retelling of the anime Harlock story. It was pretty awesome, and has given me some inspiration for my space game, at least for parts of it.
    I finished editing sound effects and background sound for the trains that will be in my fantasy game project, including whistles for arrival, departure, and warning. Ever since playing FF6, I've always loved RPG action on trains and there will be some fun to be had on trains in my project.
    I'm doing some more sound edits to loop BGS and BGM and I'm still finding Final Cut Pro X to be quicker and smoother for simple edits of sound than my current version of Garageband, which is bugged, clunky, and unintuitive compared to my old version of Garageband -- I feel like Apple went backwards on the UI design of Garageband, taking away what used to make it feel good for quick sound editing.
    I'm a bit leery of creative commons sound effects for a commercial project since some people might upload copyrighted material like I've seen on an image site. I purchased some sounds from a site backed by an organization/company that I recognize, and I think that I shall not regret it.
    Reactions: ImaginaryVillain
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Yeah, it's a similar problem with fonts. I try to avoid those dodgy looking free sites because of prior experience. Sure, it means I'm paying for audio, fonts, and other such things, but I think that's a small price to pay for getting a license.
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Overall, stuff's pretty cheap if you shop around. Best to avoid any headaches later. Besides you can use the stuff you buy in future games too. Pretty much an investment really.
    AeroPergold
    AeroPergold
    Try making an RPG with cartoon SFX and comic sans text
    My space game is going to have a "galaxy map" with various planets and space locations. Inspired by how Battletech shows the player entering a planet's orbit, I'm thinking of doing something similar, followed with an interface that's like Battlechasers' dungeon level selection with extra options and lore text.
    The ability to change vehicle graphic with an event in-game (at least in MV) has made me wonder how fun it might be to have a large variety of vehicles in-game.
    Now that I'm doing the big one on my fantasy game bucket list order due to the potential risk of losing a currently unregistered game title for trademark, I'm now revisiting a stock character bust alteration in progress after more than a year from when I was considering a different game being first. I'm glad I kept things somewhat organized so that I knew which folder to find it in.
    Storyteller-Hero
    Storyteller-Hero
    I left the edit at the toughest part -- replacing parts of the character's clothing without clashing with the art style. I'm going to be using an electronic drawing pad for this.
    "I'm going to start with a smaller game first."

"What? That's how trademarks work?"

"I'm going to start with a larger game first."
    It seems that I have to change the order with which I make the fantasy games on my bucket list, because the intended title is used as a story element in the first two games in the line, and somebody else might take the title for their own game because the term uses real words. I can't risk going over the apparent three year limit for registering trademark ahead of time.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Uploaded a new Video today where I play Minecraft "The Bridge" please check it out & let me know what you think of it!
I normally only post these every 24 hours, but same-sex marriage is coming to Rune Factory 5 and I just wanted to share it with the world! https://www.xseedgames.com/2021/09/23/rune-factory-5-localization-blog-2/
Today was wild. In the day I worked in my project (and realized I have almost 100 hours wich is a happy surprise), and now i'm having to calm my boyfriend down because of chris pratt Mario.
Mr_Petue wrote on GamchiSamwise's profile.
hey pepe, why do you have a gun on your head? where is wojak?
Still alive! Totally did not finish in time for the Jam (boy that's late) but tl;dr of the last half a year is Work term -> Covid Lockdown -> Sick... again -> Full time Employment. Game stuff has been on hiatus but got a new graphics tablet so hopefully updates again soon. =D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TuxedoedPenguin