Storyteller-Hero
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• I'm feeling lucky with my future branding. The username I'll need on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for my game title might be possible, but tricky.
    A thought came to mind: By using conditional eventing and switches, it might be possible to create the illusion of controlling multiple parties without actually having multiple parties in-game, switching between different parties as if there are two or more parties active at the same time.
    Reactions: Cootadude
    Cootadude
    Cootadude
    When you know what you're doing you can do so much with Eventing.
    FAWKS
    FAWKS
    Just make sure it doesn't detract from the gameplay.
    An idea I had in a similar vein is to have the party "split up" and use different progress points to shift the player so they are playing as multiple characters.
    Storyteller-Hero
    Storyteller-Hero
    What I have in mind is special events in the story or special dungeons like in Final Fantasy VI.
    Reactions: FAWKS
    I just backed up my work again. I'd done so much precious work since the last time, the feeling of relief is palpable. Back up your work, everyone. No need to wait for New Year's resolutions.
    Blade Runner: Black Lotus is much better than I thought it would be. If I live long enough to make the Scifi game planned after my Fantasy game, I want to make at least one side quest deal with androids, like a Blade Runner story.
    Ninjakillzu
    Ninjakillzu
    So is it actually worth watching? I really like the movies, so I don't want to be let down by a terrible show.
    Storyteller-Hero
    Storyteller-Hero
    Although the CG quality is somewhat outdated, the storytelling is consistent with the setting, and offers an interesting street/ground perspective of intrigue in the Blade Runner world.
    I had a nightmare last night about playing an MMO and having it glitch so much that my character gets reset. Serves me right for watching so many YouTube videos about New World and WoW going into decline.
    ATT_Turan
    ATT_Turan
    I don't think New World has been around long enough to be "going into decline," I just never heard anything particularly good about it when it launched.
    Storyteller-Hero
    Storyteller-Hero
    Josh Strife Hayes on YouTube did a rundown of New World's progress since launch. The number of players it has lost has been quite dramatic, and the fundamental problems of the game probably won't be fixed for at least a year or two.
    I realized that I could try flattening boobs to make male NPCs from female busts. If it works out, that'll add a lot of flexibility for fleshing out my game with busts.
    • Haha
    Reactions: SigmaSuccour
    ATT_Turan
    ATT_Turan
    ...you going back and forth between "boobs" and "busts" is making my head spin. As far as I can read, your last sentence says something about your game having flexible, fleshy busts.
    Since MZ's 1.40 update enables MV-style animations, it brings up memories of a discussion about deployed game performance on Mobile devices. MZ-style animation was apparently harder to work well on mobile devices, but now that it can use MV-style animations, more people might start planning with MZ for mobile games.
    watermark
    watermark
    We can use MV animations on MZ now? That's great news!
    Every once in a while I check to see if my planned game titles are taken or trademarked. Still okay. I plan to take my time for the sake of quality, but at the same time it feels like a race against some hidden dev out there who also plans to publish or register the same title.
    alice_gristle
    alice_gristle
    I take it you have a plan B and mebbe a plan C title in store? Anyway, got my fingers crossed for ya! :wub
    Storyteller-Hero
    Storyteller-Hero
    Backup titles won't be a problem. Just irritating since my first-pick has to do with a central story thing. Thank you.
    kirbwarrior
    kirbwarrior
    Reminds me of when I made this cool martial artist that did fancy flippy tricks and was really fast named Neo. Then the Matrix came out a month later.

I also found out recently a game title idea I love has apparently been used multiple times.
    Apparently Amazon Prime users get free Genshin Impact stuff like primogems and whatnot every month, but I'm not sure I ever want to fall into the abyss of F2P ever again.
    Waiting for the 1.40 update before testing out my copy of MZ so that I don't end up adding unnecessary work to my plate. Meanwhile the current fourth draft for my story is taking shape, and I'm fleshing out the lore as I realize how things would make better sense here and there for the world that I'm building.
    I finally bought RPG Maker MZ. After months and months of painful waiting I've taken the next leap into developer madness. Mwahahahahahahaha!!!
    As an upgrade of the dungeon difficulty selection menu that I'm planning for my game's dungeons (menu at the entrance when entering, inspired by Battlechasers), I'm going to see if I can show info like possible rare loot drops and enemy types on the menu after completing the dungeon. Varied info by difficulty. This will save time for collectors who want to find everything and keep notes to do it.
    Designing a game with new game plus in mind from the start instead of tacking on new game plus seems to be like the difference of filming a movie with 3D in mind instead of tacking on 3D during post-production. Shyamalan's The Last Airbender (tacked on) versus Cameron's Avatar (pre-planned) is a good example of this.
    gstv87
    gstv87
    The Last Airbender was not a train wreck... it was the pileup of an entire city's rail yard worth of rolling stock, wreck, from the start.
    I don't know what 3D can possibly fix from it.
    Storyteller-Hero
    Storyteller-Hero
    The 3D version of The Last Airbender wasn't an attempted fix, it was a blatant cash grab. I get the feeling that the studio execs got nervous about release after seeing a preview/early cut but were already too far in to redo everything and desperately greenlighted the 3D just in case.
    The v1.4 update of MZ is going to save a lot of time and effort with its in-editor upgrade to using both particle and frame animations.
    If you're going to do a crafting system for an RPG, I want a crap ton of recipes to try out, not just the bare minimum, and I don't want to see obvious combinations turn out to be invalid. If cheese + tomato + dough doesn't become pizza, it's a missed opportunity of epic proportions.
    Mr. Detective
    Mr. Detective
    Throw pineapple into that mix, too.
    54.gif
    BK-tdm
    BK-tdm
    Lets plot twist it, cheese+tomato+dough= cheese sandwich with sliced tomato, take that player expectations! :kaopride:
    I was about to buy MZ Bundle S during the Halloween Sale but it looks like the bundle was removed from Steam just a day before I was about to get it. I think I'll wait a bit longer to get MZ and work on everything else (like dialogue scripts and art/sound/sprite editing) in the meantime.
    Storyteller-Hero
    Storyteller-Hero
    They re-installed the bundle! Next discount sale should be later this month I think.
    Big Google Warning Today for chrome users - apparently some kind of security threat has happened and everyone is being advised to update their Chrome browser ASAP by going to settings and/or "About Google Chrome", to update their browser version to a new one just released.
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Glad I use sorta ol' reliable - FireFox. It's bloated as hell, sometimes won't start for seemingly no reason at all, seems to consume way too much memory, but it sorta works. xD

I wonder what happened to Chrome, though?
    zzmmorgan
    zzmmorgan
    I see news about big warnings for all sorts of things all the time. Typically things like Chrome are set to autoupdate by default. Google, Apple, and Microsoft aren't going to give Forbes exclusive warnings to the general public. If they have a genuine warning for the general public it'll be everywhere......
    Mrs_Allykat
    Mrs_Allykat
    helpabout.jpg
    Just in case someone doesn't know where to find "about"
    One uncomfortable truth that has withstood the test of time, is how most people will stand by while they see a crime happening, unless it's illegal to stand by. We probably wouldn't have stories about "special heroes" or games about heroes if the "everyday common folk" were largely capable of being heroes. Heroes face dangers that most people are not willing to.
    Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    And I know I probably come off as a callous ******* here but my point is just that even the best intentions can lead to terrible consequences. I won't say don't help people that clearly need it, but if you feel you'd be compelled if put in the situation for gods sake invest in a body camera as part of your edc.
    Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    I've got both a hands free hidden cam and a dash cam, no I'm not any kind of cop, just a tad paranoid, but for good reason. You don't know how your actions will be spun until **** happens, better to have video and audio than not if you ever want to play good samaritan because you just don't know how that ends until it does.
    Finnuval
    Finnuval
    @Philosophus Vagus no you dont, more like someone who has experience to back up their opinion xD
    Apparently MZ lets you preview move routes in the move route editor without having to start up test game. That could save a lot of time during development compared to MV, especially for a long game that uses a lot of event movement for cutscenes.
    Shaz
    Shaz
    Yes, but I believe it doesn't allow you to create them visually (ie - click where you want the player to go). That would be handy.
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    It is also not 100% perfect as sometimes it has my starting position wrong in the viewer, but closing the event and reopening it fixes that.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I oughta set up my itch.io, but I'm like, uugghhh I DON'T WANNA. :kaocry: Why does errything feel like such a chore right now? I don't wanna just complain tho, so y'all got any hot tips for how to make a really pretty, sexy, sweaty, flowery itch.io page? BEST TIP WINS. :kaoluv:

Also here's a beautiful nymph to liven up the day for y'all! (No it's not me.)

alice_nymph(old).png
Hello again, guys! Today, I come to you with not one, not two, but THREE new emotion busts for Ramona!
RAng2FPS.gifRAng5FPS.gif
Anger

RWin2FPS.gifRWin5FPS.gif
Wink

RCry2FPS.gifRCry5FPS.gif
Crying
Feels like I've been butting heads with people more often, especially on here. Hoping I'm not being unreasonable, I've been trying to be more honest about how I'm feeling.
SF_People2.png added!
index.php

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MoonlightCrystal