Storyteller-Hero
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• What if I make a building or town with normal tiles, then shrink it down to place on a world map? Hmm...
    Reactions: dreamfall887
    Windows i7
    Windows i7
    That could work depending on how well the image editing software scales stuff down. Gimp and Kirita seem to work well for that.
    Starbird_Resources
    Starbird_Resources
    it definitely works. i've used that technique for expanding world map options (and for getting the world map to actually correspond with the "normal" maps)
    Yanfly's Class Change Core apparently has a setting where some classes are unlocked by default. I was wondering why unused classes stayed...
    Storyteller-Hero
    Storyteller-Hero
    I went to the Plugin's help/settings window and deleted the default class ID numbers in the setting entry. I then used the plugin's Actor Notetags to individually unlock classes for my characters, who are using different classes and subclasses in the game.
    I've started making noted lists of items, skills, etc. that will be in my game. Sometimes less is more, and sometimes more is more.
    Reactions: Lemonrice
    Poryg
    Poryg
    More is more as long as the more doesn't hurt the less. Sitting with 90 different items in the inventory, of which only 2 are useful, is not too nice.
    Storyteller-Hero
    Storyteller-Hero
    I'm including a few item sinks in my game to mitigate inventory bloat malaise, and will be drawing upon my memories of Final Fantasy inventory bloat to balance items. Healing potions for example will be % based instead of flat values, to avoid becoming dead weight during late game.
    I've made good progress on my resource flipbooks. Steam dlc is about done, and now I'm starting to organize non-Steam content. FES was huge!
    Hmm, with new game plus in a game, it could be tedious to endure a tutorial every run so keeping it in a separate menu option might be best.
    I've worked out classes in my game. Ten playable characters plus one hidden. Each character has their own class and three subclasses.
    Reactions: SpicyNoodleStudios
    Storyteller-Hero
    Storyteller-Hero
    None of the characters will have the same class or subclasses as any of the other characters. A hopefully fun aspect of late game tactics will be figuring out which combinations work best in the more challenging, more complex battles of the game.
    I'm going through icon packs that I got from Humble Bundle. A lot of food icons will be used in my game. I loved the variety in Earthbound.
    Spelling, grammar, and diction in the first ten minutes of a game may be the most powerful indicators of the game's overall quality.
    Separating my resource flipbook into multiple flipbooks because it became such a large file (800+ MB) that it lags on load/save.
    Reactions: standardplayer
    Storyteller-Hero
    standardplayer
    standardplayer
    See I had the same problem with family photo albums. Just too many pictures, so I threw them all away.
    Storyteller-Hero
    Storyteller-Hero
    Well, since this flipbook(s) is potentially going to be used for multiple projects, it's supposed to have everything. Individual games will have their own flipbooks that I surgically copy paste off of the "master flipbooks".
    Finding out that a game deployed from MV as Mac OS registers as 64-bit made my week, since the Catalina OS update is kicking out 32-bit apps
    Storyteller-Hero
    Storyteller-Hero
    A lot of my friends and relatives use Macs so now I know they probably won't have trouble playing my game when it's at least ready for test play. That makes me happy.
    After testing, it seems the 3D airship plugin that seemed to work has harsh limitations beyond map sizes too small for world maps. Ah well.
    Reactions: Thanatos
    Storyteller-Hero
    Storyteller-Hero
    On the bright side, I was thinking of dropping it anyway to stay graphically consistent with cutscenes I might include that involve multiple vehicles on the map, like in Final Fantasy IV.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    3d airship plugin? You mean Mode7?
    Storyteller-Hero
    Storyteller-Hero
    No - Tomy's 3D Airship plugin. It was a long shot to begin with though, since it was only tested with PC and Android.
    After picking up the FSM new release, I think it's time to update my resource flipbook. I haven't added to it since computer death last fall
    Storyteller-Hero
    Storyteller-Hero
    And I still have to go through the RPG Maker Web forum resources since the computer death interrupted me before I could properly go through the forums. This could take a while.
    After returning from last of a convention, I feel a cathartic release among my aches and pains from walking so much.
    Storyteller-Hero
    Storyteller-Hero
    Last day I mean. I'll need to catch up on sleep too heheheh.
    Storyteller-Hero
    Storyteller-Hero
    A change of pace once in a while can be good for writing. I had a flash of inspiration today for my game's story as well, to address an important plot hole.
    There's a mixed Humble Bundle for making card games right now that has assets that might be useful for RPG Maker games.
    I'm figuring out how I'm arranging classes for my game characters today. I learned a bit more about the class system plugins I'm using too.
    Reactions: katharine
    Storyteller-Hero
    Storyteller-Hero
    There was a bit of annoyance in trying to remove certain unwanted classes from selection in Yanfly's Class-change plugin until I learned that the way to remove them is to make different unique skill types and assign them to class skills.
    Battle Chasers: Nightwars had a fun mechanic where different actor speak could be triggered based on who is leading the party.
    Storyteller-Hero
    Storyteller-Hero
    I was thinking of going a step further and making a random party member speak a text based on their actor ID, but I might have to stick with basing it on the leader of the current party.
    Storyteller-Hero
    Storyteller-Hero
    Huh well I managed to at least make the leader mechanic work.
    Storyteller-Hero
    Storyteller-Hero
    The little things in a game can have a profound effect on how it feels to play it.
    I'm getting close to 200 plugins on my test project now. Had a number of glitch scares when some plugins seemed to conflict with each other.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Here's a quality DPS class idea: The Beekeeper, who uses the "Bees!!" skill to attack and poison enemies.
Please don't create long, boring cutscenes in which characters do nothing but stand around talking.
What if I took a lesson from Half Minute Hero? Let the player get dumb powerful each area, but reset them down to just slightly stronger than before for the next map?
Been averaging 2-3 hours sleep for almost a month now. Starting to space out all the time ^^;
loopk wrote on whtdragon's profile.
Nice to meet you. My name is loopk.
May I use the materials distributed here for adult games for sale?

Thank you in advance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bruguel